Old 03-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #16  

Maggie -- I'm glad that Cecil is doing so well. I've never tried the WW candy; I'll have to look for it. When our stores remodeled and rearranged, they put some things in the dumbest places. When I was going to make my cake, the ice cream topping had been put far away from the ice cream and in the candy section. Well, I went there and no topping. They moved it up to the ice cream aisle. We did see lots of people we knew at the birthday party; a nice crowd as the guy had been a teacher and principal here for years. He was our neighbor before he remarried and moved in with his wife. Anyhow, an older couple asked if they could sit at our table and I didn't recognize them. As the lady talked I realized they live across the street! She is the one who never waves or acknowledges us in any way and I've never seen him without a cap! I didn't share that with them! I told Bob later and he knew who they were, then I really felt stupid.

I started making card club food this afternoon and did a "dumb" -- Beth brought a cheese ball at Christmas and I decided to try it. She said the recipe will make 2, so I bought one package of cream cheese. Like a dunce, I didn't halve the rest of the ingredients so it was a soupy mess; I went back to the store and bought another cream cheese -- it's looking good now.

I'm heading off to bed. See you tomorrow.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, wind is blowing, and it's another spring day in my neighborhood. We went to early church and started visiting with another couple afterwards. We kept talking (our kids are about the same age and she is a retired teacher from a nearby district), ended up in the fellowship hall drinking coffee, and visiting until almost the end of 2nd service. They don't live here so we don't get to see them very often. I've been making card club food, now need to count gift shop money, and then straighten up a bit, and clean bathrooms, for card club tomorrow night. Have a couple appetizers I can't put together until tomorrow afternoon.

I've got to keep moving or I will lose my motivation to finish everything before dark! Have a delightful Sunday and enjoy!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Default Sunny Windy Hot Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MY MAGNOLIA FRIENDS

It has been a very windy day here in the ♥-Land and I feel like I have grit in my eyes. I have a container of Artificial Tears I use to wash them out with. I try my best not to rub them.

Pot-luck today and I ate sensibly. We are having left over pork chops and the fixin’s tonight after services so we won’t be going out to eat.

JEAN Do look for those candies. The ones Will got me are Double Chocolate Mousse, Mint Patties, Coconut Covered w/Chocolate & Caramel in Rich Milk Chocolate. Like I said they are one point+ a piece and taste like their cousins the real thing. In my candy collection I also have some lemon drops that are 1p+ for two and some red hot jaw breakers that are 1P+ each. Like I said I don’t often eat candy but when I get the hankering for a piece I have these to use. Sounds like you had a nice long visit with that couple at church this day. Good to run into folks like that isn’t it. Enjoy your card club get together. Looks like you will be having some yummy snacks.

Not much going on this windy day so I’ll say goodbye for awhile.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-18-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #19  

Maggie -- I'm heading off to bed but wanted to check in here first. The wind is still blowing hard, and it's only 72 according to the computer. I like jaw breakers -- haven't had one in years though. I wasn't even sure where to look for them. I will have to look for the WW candy too. See you tomorrow if I am ready early; I got most everything done that I could do today, but tomorrow will take longer at church so won't have as much time at home.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #20  

Good morning strangers! I got to come home yesterday morning as the fill in dr for my doctor thought there was no need to keep me as I was doing well. I do still have my drain in and may either have it taken out or wait a few days depends on the dr. I am still draining quite a bit of fluid so he may have me just wait. I am pretty sore of course but not from where you would think. I guess my intestines were wrapped all around the hernia and they had to not only disintangle them, but then repair the hernia, so the area around my stoma and that side of my abdomen is sore everythere at this point. I am up and getting around on my own, taking it easy just getting things healed. I did have one big issue and it was the IV's. I had to have my IV's replaced a total of 8 times. I have tiny deep veins and they would blow and then they would have to come in and put in another line, which in itself was very difficult. Both arms, one side of my neck, one shoulder and one hand are sore and bruised. The worst is my upper right shoulder where the on duty nurse put one in and did a rotten job of it. Basically, the next day she put in my pain med and didn't look to see if the IV was still ok and dumped the pain med right under the skin. I then ended up with a hard lump that is extremely sore and going down slowly and at the time no pain relief for 6 hours. Out of all my nurses, she was the one that really angered me. She stood cracking gum, she would take off her gloves to do things, she wiped her forehead once with her glove on while working on me, besides her superior attitude. Thank goodness she only worked the weekend. I was on nothing by mouth for 2 days then 3 days of liquids and now on soft foods for about a week. So far, I have had no problems.

I will read and catch up with you gals, but for now, just wanted to check in and let you know I am home and ok. Have a good week everyone! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 03-19-2012 at 10:06 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD AFTERNON MAGNOLIAS

We are having a 70º day here in the ♥-Land after a thunder storm during the night which made the alley very muddy but didn’t give us much rain at all. They aren’t quite finished in the alley yet but let us come in to park. When they finish filling the ditches they said they will re-rock the alley. The dogs will sure miss those nice workers that gave them attention. Both dogs are at the groomer now and Cecil is napping.

Yipekio I am down a pound this weigh day with 75# gone forever. Well I don’t plan to re-gain it but sometimes my body puts it on even when I have had a good week. I have 12 more pounds to lose and I am half way there to my goal of being 150. I will celebrate with a bottle of Perrier water with a twist of lime in it that day. Halfway is so close I can see it from here.

I am looking forward to next Monday for we have dentist appointments and I get to have my teeth checked & cleaned. I haven’t had any trouble so I don’t think I will be having any work done.

DONNA FAYE I am so glad you are doing well and they have your insides all straightened out now. That should help fix your abdominal cramping problem right? I sure hope it does the trick. Sounds like you had Nurse Ratchet working on you. I am surprised that they let someone like that work there. I am sure you are glad it is all done with now and you can recoup nicely at home. Your purple/green will fade in time.

Everyone have a lovely Monday.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #22  

Good morning, ladies! Only 59 degrees right now. We've had dense fog for 2 mornings accompanied by foghorns, of course. The sun is trying to come out now and it's supposed to reach the 70s today.

Nothing much happening with me.

Faye, I'm so glad you are home and on the mend. You certainly should feel better with all that fixed. That was a lot to go through.

Maggie, I'm glad Cecil has recovered and is back with his dogs. Congratulations on another pound gone for good! Just a little more to the summit and then it will be a downhill slide to goal. I'd love to try those WW candies but I know the whole bag would be gone too fast.

Jean, how did card club go for you?

Have a great day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a gloomy windy day in my corner of the world; 58 degrees is sure a change from the weekend 80s. I've been getting tax stuff together for Bob to meet with his accountant, have some some gift shop checks to do, and need to put away card club dishes from last night. I have lots of nonWW leftover food that I wish I could share with all of you!

"Gma" -- I'm so glad you are home, on the mend, and back with us here! You were missed! My veins don't like IVs either -- sounds like you went through a lot! I hope you will feel 100% better soon!

Maggie -- on losing another pound! What a great feeling to hit the halfway mark soon -- you have worked hard on the road to thin.

Susan -- I had one good hand last night, and then got lucky when my partner bid and I could help her. Otherwise a typical night -- junk card combinations! We always enjoy visiting and I had 3 subs so most of us never see each other until next month. We've had some foggy mornings too -- strange weather for this time of year.

Bob will be home for lunch soon so I'd better get the cheese and crackers ready! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 03-20-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #24  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Tuesday

GOOD DAY MAGNOLIAS

It sure is another lazy day for me this day. I don’t feel like doing any work but I must. it is currently 53º’s here in the ♥-land and not expected to get any higher. Rain is expected for Wednesday and Thursday so that will be welcomed for sure. I sure hope the workers get the alley rocked before it rains or it will be quite a mess.

Cecil continues to improve but still sleeps a lot more catching up and doesn’t eat quite as much. I guess he doesn’t eat as much for he isn’t quite as active as he was before his operations. He is certainly more vocal though. He cracks me up. He enters my office and starts talking right away. He is seeking reassurance I am sure. So I stop what I am doing and give him as much attention as he wants. He purrs very loud. The dogs are both real good about leaving him alone to recuperate. They rough-house with him when he wants though. Right now he is on the back step contemplating the eternal verities of the universe as cats will do.

I think we will be having ribs for dinner this day with some baked beans and a tossed salad. For lunch this day I am having a tomato and cottage cheese. So there the meals are planned.

JEAN So good that you had fun with your card players but not so good that you have those yummy sounding left-over’s to deal with. Did you cake turn out good and what about that cheese ball? Looks like our temperature is lower here than it is for you there this day. I am so looking forward to the rain. Ugh - taxes.

SUSAN I don’t eat much candy at all and so it isn’t a red light food for me and having all those little 1P+ yummy WW candies in the house don’t call my name. Cheetoes call my name “very loudly” so I can’t have them in the house in large containers. The small 4P+ bags are working just fine for me. I can eat the whole bag that way and not go over my allowance. Best not to nvite the enemy into your house. I am so looking forward to that downward slide to goal.

DONNA FAYE Hope your doing well this day and contune to recoupe.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #25  

Maggie -- Today was a lazy day for me too! I just didn't feel like doing anything but I did get my checks written, also my card club dishes washed and put away. I use a few dishes from my curio cabinet so wash them by hand. I didn't make the cake for card club as we just do munchy things. The cake was for crafty club and I shared the leftovers with the neighbor. The cheese ball was ok but don't know that I would make it again. Everything tastes better when someone else makes it instead of me! It started raining this afternoon -- just feels damp and chilly so I put a sweatshirt on over my t-shirt. I'm going to see what's on tv or maybe read. Bob went back to the office to work on taxes.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #26  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a gloomy wet morning in my neighborhood today, but boy is the grass ever green! I need to take checks to the hospital and stop for bread 'n milk. Otherwise I have bell practice later and cleaning out a drawer or two on my "to do" list today.

I came up stairs to get dressed so better keep moving. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy your day!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #27  

Afternoon, girls. Today was a tough day for me. I am not feeling well today, tired, sore, etc, so am taking it real easy and opening the bottle of meds, which I don't like to take unless really necessary, but today it was.

Yesterday, we sat half the day getting worked in to the dr's office so he could remove the drain tube, got a bite of dinner and did a couple errands. I walked as much as I felt like then sat and let Jack finish up. I worry about him taking on so much and working full time, but I can't lift anything, bend over a whole lot, and the surgery leaves you wiped out. On top of that, my best friend called me and told me her mom passed away Monday morning, so I have been real down about that. Her mom was like my second mom, especially when my own mother dropped the ball so to speak.

I have lost 7 lbs, which is great, but not surprising I guess.

Maggie: Glad Cecil is back home with his brothers and happy again and on your loss. That is great!! Our weather here has been really warm for the last 2 weeks into the 80's during the day and only upper 60's at night. Like my son told me today, that makes him nervous to have weather like this so early.

Jean: One of the yummiest cheese ball I ever had was rolled in chopped olives. It was a white cream cheese that was mild and combined with some spices in the cheese with the salty olives it was spectacular. Sounds like you are busy as usual.

Susan: I kind of feel that way about sweets too. For me it is hard to just take a couple pieces and leave the rest so I just don't buy the stuff then I don't have to worry!

I got my dresses and they are terrific. I already have some spectacular jewelry that will go with it and the Navy dress it just so pretty and goes so well with the wrap I knitted. I am going to be an in style lady!

You all have a nice middle of the week. I am going to go back to resting. Faye
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #28  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a wet day here in the ♥-Land and 51º here. I love the rain that is gently falling for there will be little run-off for it will soak in nicely. The kind I really like and am so thankful for.

Nothing much going on here this day new and exciting. I have a rack of pork ribs out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge to cook in my indoor smoker tomorrow. I’ll then decide what it is that I will serve with them. After the rack thaws I will cut the ribs apart and coat each with some of my Mad Will’s dry seasoning mix. They turn out real yummy that way cooked in the smoker for @40 minutes. So tender and yummy.

For my first meal of the day today we had a retro brunch which we rarely eat anymore but it was sure good and I have the points to cover it. I made low fat biscuits and cooked some bacon and served pork chop gravy over the biscuits. Yummy, yummy a love pat to the tummy. I measured everything so I know how to count it and the dogs loved licking our plates when we were finished. They got them sparkling clean. If you are wondering what I am having for my dinner I plan on a tossed green salad with some fresh tomatoes & some tuna on it. I like using those "one serving" sized envelopes of tuna for such times as these. Life is good.

JEAN The weather here is also drab but we love the rain. Our lawn is still nice and brown and we have such a large lawn space. Since we will probably be on water shortage this coming summer we probably won't be watering the lawn either. We will use enough water watering our garden. Enjoy your green grass.

DONNA FAYE Take it easy for all your house work will wait. Jack can just do the "necessary" and let the other go for now. Sorry to hear your second mom passed away. I am sure you have many good memories of her. on those 7 pounds gone. Every pound down is in the right direction for sure no matter how you came by it. Each day you will feel a bit better.

SUSAN Howdy to you. Hope all is well in your neighborhood.

Have a wonderful afternoon Magnolias. I am enjoing the sprinkles lightly hitting against my office window. Pitter, patter of the . . .

Old 03-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a 48º day here so far in the ♥-Land and has a 40% chance of more this day. We got a nice wetting yesterday that is quite helpful. The animals don’t like to venture out very far in the yard when it is raining.

Not much happening here this day ~ Will is at the museum doing his volunteer work and all is quiet here in the house. He brought me some Colonel Cluck lunch before he left and I only ate about half of it. Not very hungry this day which is a good thing for I am going to do those ribs for dinner. Cecil loves to nap in our office chairs and hops up on one of them the minute someone stands up for something. I wonder if he would like a chair of his own.

I hope all of you lovely Magnolias are having a wonderful day.

Type at y'all later.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #30  

good afternoon gals. I am still a bit under the weather and am just taking it easy. I am wondering since the drain was removed if that is what is causing the upset intestines at the moment. It isn't serious, but enough to cause me to feel rotten, etc.

Maggie: Your ribs sound wonderful. I am still keeping to lighter foods as much as I can so my intestives get back to normal. Jack has been such a peach, but I know the poor man is dog tired. I try to get him to rest as much as possible. My sister and her husband are coming into town in a couple weeks, he will be here on business, but I am not sure i am going to be up to long visits or whatnot. She is a big shopper and I told her outright I cannot go out shopping and such. Frankly, she is all about herself and I told her we would have dinner with them, but I have dr appts and have no idea how long they are going to take each day.

Nothing much else going on here. I have been resting as much as possible so it is kind of boring. Hope you all have a great day today! Faye