3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Royal Sashay through 2012

Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #121
Empress/Queen

Talking

Here on Fantasy Island in the Queendom o' Empress Am2, her wee little palace is a bit cleaner than it was yesterday as said empress could NOT sleep a wink so got up and cleaned and then went runnin' ... or run/walking and walking walking. It is way cooler but very humid here. Who moved Arizona to the upper part o' the continent?

Can't wait for autumn but must not rush the season this year as we here in the Empire have pounds to lose to stay on schedule for the December goal.

Anyhow, bought a bunch o' SHOES yesterday and going out in a sec to buy more things and pay some bills and things, things, things. Working a meeting tonight that looks to be long! Battening down the hatches to the EATING TOO MUCH CUPBOARD. Need a lowish calorie day. How soon Sunday weigh-ins come around, Am2 wants to be ready, ready, ready. As for excess calories, they shall be banished to the far reaches of the empire, or somewhere outta sight.

The streakity streak for today beith:

August 2, 2012, Day 312 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min run/walk, 30 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 23,525 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #122

Huzzah, inspirational Am - and I too enjoyed your "rule" setting, Arabella.

Am listing but not getting excited yet. Not till after "inspection" this week. THEN if all goes well, I'll get more so. Have told only family so far but when all passes I will go to door to some of the very best here and give them the news. I hope to make them sad and if I make some glad, I hope they are nice enough not to say so. I have always said I have the best neighbors and I do hate to leave that security but -- sometimes one must.

I did opt for more than I originally intended but just wasn't finding what I want where I want. But isn't that often the case.

Lost the water weight but still find me just above that magical 200 I finally achieved last year (and a few times before). As we often discuss, I threw myself in front of me.....
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #123
Empress/Queen

Huzzah on opting for more than you intended, Anagram! We might as well have what we want in this life as much as possible. I bet your new home is beautiful and you will be so happy.

Congrats in losing the water weight and hovering just above the magic number you achieved last year. That is a GREAT job of maintaining over the space of a year! Maintaining is one of the tougher of the arts. Kudos.

Huzzah also to all the royals! Hope you are having a great weekend so far. I DO consider Friday part of the weekend, but worked today and have more to do this weekend.

Will have a lot of time off in August, need to regroup the royal brain and rethink the options and plans and all that jazz!

Today's streakity streak is thusly:

FRIDAY: August 3, 2012, Day 313 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 45 min walk, 45 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 23,615 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #124
Empress/Queen

SATURDAY: August 4, 2012, Day 314 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 90 min walk, 15 min pilates, total streakity streak minutes so far 23,720 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Last edited by Amarantha2 : 08-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #125
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Today's the day!

We perform Faure's Requiem this evening. Then no choir action until September, which I have mixed emotions about. But things have been a trifle busy and look like they'll continue that way. And that's mostly good, because doldrums threaten when I do nothing but work.

Got to the beach twice last week and once for a drive-by with my mom and a friend and her 97-year-old mother. We were going to go to a restaurant but I decided, what with various issues -- walkers, profound deafness, dietary challenges -- that it'd be easier just to cook. So I made lemon-garlic chicken and a couple of salads, put out big strawberries and chunks of chocolate for dessert and -- I think -- a good time was had by all.

Re: diet -- all big talk. But recommitting NOW. It seems to me that I have to occasionally prove it to myself that I'm not going to succeed unless I stick to the "eating only at table" rule. That's what I did, last Monday. :red:

Amarantha, 314-day streakity-streak is phenomenal What a champion, ladies and gentlemen!

Anagram, I know your neighbours will be sad! Will you still be able to see them? I concur with Empress A -- hovering just above the magic 2 is a wonderful feat, which I wish I had emulated myself. That's maintenance. And we need to adjust sometimes before we go lower.

K, did walk around the harbour with royal consort, now off to hot yoga. Then, a bit of practicing, laundry... and away I go to the final rehearsal. We're 45 mins from home so my carpool gals and I will just stay out there, go for an early dinner and then relax pre-performance. Have a lovely Sunday!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #126
Empress/Queen

Arabella, so admire your ability to recognize doing nothing but work can lead to the doldrums. I need to find something social to do other than work and take walks with people, which is good, but need a class or something.

Lost .4 this week. It is the 7th consecutive week I've had a loss, small losses and slow but I'm winning.

Had some people tell me this week that I am too focused on the scale, lol. Yea, and while they are telling me that I am reaching my goal.

Happy happy happy today! Verra focused, yes.

Did another of the virtual 5ks on that "other" website (sorry to mention it). My run/walk time is getting SLOWER not FASTER lol. I don't care, it is fun.

Going to make a beef and corn casserole of some kind today or tomorrow. Pledged to do a main "diet" dish each week to freeze. Last week it was just salmon and Brussels sprouts.

Love to all royals. I have one more document to prepare for work and then have NO contracts or work to do for three days, then just some short things and then am taking time off until September to FOCUS on, well, yes, the SCALE.

Plus other things but I really want to reach this goal.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #127

Hope all went well with the performance, Arabella, and that you and the carpool buds had a great bonding time. And kudos also for the beach time - and the rideby with the ladies who I'm sure appreciated it.

And kudos too on the continued streakity streak, Empress. You continue to amaze and you would not be YOU if you were not focussing on the scale and your total well being.

August is a good time to have a "slow" time. Don't expect mine to be now that I've got to hone in on getting this place on the market. Plus, for some reason, though I always planned it so it never worked out to be.

DS came up Saturday, mourning for his childhood home. But he did take a carload back with him and made arrangements for a friend to come "sometime" in the next couple of weeks to take what they can on his trailer or whatever. Not much gone from his bedroom which is what I really need right now but at least he showed a sense of reality and cooperation.

DD coming this upcoming weekend (for other reasons) and hope I can get her to do something too. Princess 16 (egad, yes, 16) will be staying for a couple of days and will help - but I want to enjoy my precious time with her too so we must do fun things as well.

I've told two neighbors so far and two close friends. Neighbors has been (as usual) great. Yes, I'm only going maybe 3 miles away. One of the reasons I decided on this location. Won't have to change my "ruts" nearly so much as if had gone to some other places. I'm already comfortable (if not excited) about living there.

Still must focus on only one thing at a time though or it will get overwhelming.
One might hope to lose some weight through all of this but not counting on it. that would be someone else's body/reaction. Still - won't be going to pool but will continue with tai chi/PT, etc.

Supposed to lose some humidity (finally) today. So it's off to the Monday "usuals" and then off to tai chi and a haircut.

Enjoy all, all.

Last edited by anagram : 08-06-2012 at 11:04 AM.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #128
Empress/Queen

Yea, Arabella, please share how the performance went, sounds like such a goodly and fun thing to do. Bet it was beautiful.

Anagram, thanks for the kudos and thoughts on focusing that support what I think also about what I am doing. It is good DS and DD are getting into the reality of the move and helping you out. But of course you must have fun with your teen princess, ah, they grow up so fact, the time for them to be your little ones is indeed precious. I don't have children other than the furbabies (not to denigrate my furbabies as fully fledged little people I adore, but they stay always children so the trick is to enjoy but watch them like a hawk so they don't get into mischief lol).

Glad your neighbors were great and wow only three miles away is still a move and new digs but glad you have that comfort level of being in your familiar area.

I love the weird area I live in and have moved a few times here and have been so glad to be still "home" in my strange desert city.

Totally think ye are wise not to focus on losing weight but will continue with the tai chi and pt.

Enjoy your day!

Wondering how it goeth with Wsw, Kaylets and all the royals! Hope all are well. Huzzah!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #129
Empress/Queen

And about me, it has been a big day already. My weird semi non working August begins today. So the first Monday with NOTHING to do in a long time. Ambivalence, depression, joy, elation, whatever, it is just weird lol.

Well, SOMEHOW an EVIL SNACK CAKE DEMON appeared on the landscape after Queen Me went to the gym today. Queen Me is actually NOT in love with the gym, would rather exercise alone or outdoors with a group of friends or acquaintancces or by herself or with the dog or whatever.

BUT it is hot out and humid here in NOT-A-DRY-HEAT-DESERT-TOWN. Queen Me also does good work at the gym, plus she has a paid up membership for practically forever. So she restarted her 5K dreams from scratch in the cooler, non humid environment of the indoor track. She wanted to recalibrate the phone's accelometer as the GPS doesn't work as well in that building. Ran a gentle mile at 22 minutes for time and did walk intervals to fill a half hour, then went to the park and walked a gentle half hour not for time.

SO was feeling good, no work for the Empress to do (unless she cleans the palace or weed eats the estate). Then it happened, aaack, she saw SNACK CAKES in the grocery where she had stopped to get dog food. Donuts are forbidden in the Empire but the occasional sweet bakery treat is okay dokey. However, Queen Me (same person as the Empress) got the kind of SNACK CAKE that is KNOWN to be more calories than listed on the label, scanned the barcode in My Net Diary (best app in iTunes) and sure enough each cake in the package of two is 20 calories higher per the barcode. It is okay to eat that in a calorie controlled diet if one knows to count it correctly, which Am does, so she ate both and had done with it.

Did buy steel cut oatmeal and agave nectar for sweet treat breakfasts the rest of the week. Somewhat low glycemic. Agave is really a sugar like any other but is so sweet one only needs a drop or two so it doesn't mess with blood sugar or calorie count.

So, a Monday with nothing to do! Woo! Ahhh ... probably will get depressed! Lol, s'ok, NOTHING will make me blow the cal count today as am feeling so happy with my weigh-in result!

MONDAY: August 6, 2012, Day 316 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min run/walk (August Gym Challenge begins), 30 min walk (in park), total streakity streak minutes so far 23,840 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Last edited by Amarantha2 : 08-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #130
Empress/Queen

Day 145! Okay dokey karioke!!! Doin' SO much better today. Will catch up with the streakity later, going to gym for the August gym challenge, did Pilates last night, did weights this morning, am NOT goin' to buy anymore EVIL DEMONIC SNACK CAKES as that extra sugar is what set off my crazy depression yesterday when mixed with 109 F heat and only two A/C rooms in the palace here.

Light at end of tunnel? No, but sure had a good second part of the night's sleep after the TRYST WITH EVIL SNACK CAKES.

Need to stick to agave for sugar and still allowable is some splenda. The agave is NOT low glycemic as it is marketed, but its charm is how gentle it is to my system and also how intensely sweet and natural so that only a little bit provides more than enough sweetness. I also like that it comes from the desert areas of the country wherein I reside in nonvirtual space.

Woot! Am just going to walk on the indoor track at the gym. I find I do my weights so much better in my home gym all by my little ol' queenly self.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #131
wsw

anagram-congrats on your new home! that is so exciting. i hope you will be very happy there. it's nice that it is in your same area. not surprised to hear how your neighbors will miss you, of course.

am2-hope your walk at the indoor track today was pleasant. i remember when i first joined a gym (many, many years ago) with an indoor track. what a treat it was when i was living in minnesota to be able to use that track whether in the middle of winter with 4 feet of snow outside, or in summer with high humidity. i was so tickled by being able to do that.

arabella-hope you enjoyed your performance, and that you had a pleasant time with your carpool friends pre-performance.

greetings, kaylets, and all our dear royals!

i have had a cold, but definitely feeling better now. still pretty tired, though. have stayed op -exercise, and food-wise, albeit a bit grudgingly. my poor little brain is not too peppy right now, so though my responses may not be too comprehensive, i sure have been thinking of all of you. take care, queenlies.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #132
Empress/Queen

Glad you are feeling better now, wsw! Missed you! It is great you kept op with food and exercise. Woot!

I love the indoor tracks they have in most of the gyms here also, but this is the largest one in a facility where I've been a member. I did have a pleasant walk and ran some also.

Better than the dreadmill (shudder, hate those things anymore).

Had a rocky day otherwise but also on track with food.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #133
wsw

thanks, am2! huzzah for staying op.

still really tired, plus had trouble sleeping last night---well, slept a while but woke up not too long after that, and then insomnia-city. usually, i just get up and putter around in some (slightly, at least) constructive way, but last night, just watched some old movies and read in bed since hadn't been feeling well anyway. i figured that some rest, even if not sleep, was warranted in this case. glad i did that since knew i had a busy day planned for today, and some appointments which i really couldn't cancel. sooo-hoping tonight will be better in the sleeping department.

did eat more cals. than had originally planned for today, but didn't go crazy. did get exercise in.
well, good evening, am2, and to all our lovely royal palace dwellers.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #134
Empress/Queen

Wsw, hope you get better sleep tonight. I have the insomnia lifestyle more nights than not myself and know the difficulties it creates. I often just get up and exercise but think it is better to do as you did and opt to stay in a resting position and go for rest if sleep isn't available. Old movies are a good idea. Sometimes I watch the retro TV channels and think it is fun to see the old noir type TV shows.

Also ate more cals than planned but nothing crazy, and did get exercise in.

Do likewise wish everyone a good day here in the palace or out and about in the universe.

Woot!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #135
Empress/Queen

Addendum and warning, long, fantasy ridden postie with complex silly syntax, lol, as had been thinking about the scale and how some folks continue to tell me it isn't important what I weigh or what the scale says.

This be Day 143 o' the backward count to that auspicious day I will weigh 125 pounds, but we hope to get to the goal sooner, e'en though we are moving sloooooooowly!!

Well, we here in the Land o' the Sort of Really a Desert With Buildings did do the rain dance and pray for relief last night from the 117 degree temperature. The heavens did indeed let loose a teeny bit o' sturm 'n drang, starting west of ME, Queen & Empress o' Her World, in the towns where she used to work and FINALLY, apparently hittin' her local neighborhood with a microburst, too, as this mornin' was wet outside, a chair from her porch was halfway across the yard, the trash dumpster was upside down and things were cooler out there. Won't take it long to heat up again but nice.

Waiting for a friend to pick ME (just me lol) up to go to the trails. Have been talking to Diet Wise Woman, who said, as she doth say every week about this time, that she would walk with me ALL THE REST O' THE WEEK and remind (nag) me to watch the caloric intake as the SACRED CEREMONY O' THE GOLDEN SCALE O' DIETARY JUSTICE was taking place in three days' time and NOT having a calorie overage at this point AND sticking to Rule Number 1 (no sugar) would be the best idea in order to ensure that the ONE, TRUE GOLDEN SCALE said nice things to us all on that glorious ceremonial weigh-in mornin'!

She asked that ME reminds herself that no one in the virtual or nonvirtual universe inhabited by ME could jinx this fun focus on healthy weight by negativity and saying how unimportant the scale is because to ME the scale is actually EXTREMELY important.

See, here it is! The GOLDEN SCALE o' DIETARY JUSTICE is one essential piece o' data for ME because, having once weighed a great deal more ON THE SCALE and not liking that much, ME is pretty vigilant about it.

ME knows that there are other things in life than the scale and other parameters of health and fitness than the scale. ME pays attention to those things and puts them in context with THE SCALE.

But the scale data helps ME to manage MY weight to a point where MY joints do not ache, where MY knees will not hurt if I want to run, where MY clothes will fit and WHERE I know I am not on any unhealthy roads back to insulin resistance and obesity and am on the road to fitness, healthness and looking fab in jeans and little capri pants.

Yay!!!! Woot! Huzzah! Welladay! Hocus Pocus Focus Focus! Constant Vigilance (against caloric overages) is NOW IN EFFECT! It always is but NOW ME IS SERIOUS!

It. Is. Manifest.

Last edited by Amarantha2 : 08-09-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.