The Royal Sashay through 2012

You're on Page 6 of 18
Go to
  • Thanks for the congratulations on my weight loss and march to goal, Wsw!! I did have a very pleasant day yesterdy.

Hope your day went well yesterday and that you have a great rest of the week. Congrats on getting back to listening to meditation cd more consistently. Hope you DO get your under 100 temps.

Up early to enjoy some cool temps myself before the day heats up. Also thinking of the dear royals who are near or far away.
  • yes, i did have a pleasant day, yesterday, thanks. glad to hear you did, empress!

the heat has been wearing me out so much these past 10 days+. 97 degrees here is still pretty miserable, but beats the heck out of 105. tomorrow, dare i hope(?), may even get down lower than low 90's. granted, it will only be a short respite, but i am looking forward to it.

remained op with food and exercise today, and pleased about it. thinking of all our royal beings. take care, everyone.
  • The heat has been bothering me a lot more this year, too, wsw! Lol, and I live in Arizona, so doubt we'll have much in the way of respite for a long, long time now. But slowly the temp will go down or the monsoon will bring relief for a while. I am feeling like fall or winter already. So looking forward to that this year and reaching my goal on December 30 or before lol.

Congrats on the op food and exercise day. I stayed that way, too.

I am developing a set of RULES for this diet, inspired by the Bob Harper "Skinny Rules" book, although I DON'T want to be skinny per se, don't even like the word.

The two rules on the list so far are to 1) plan my food for days I work meetings and 2) exercise daily, which I already do, but it is on the list now.

Lol, off to shop now as work starts tomorrow and I want to have all my food prepared and logged for two days.

Take care everyone.
  • Howdy wsw and all other royals mentioned or un- who may or may not be a'lurkin' or otherwise inhabitin' this palace thread.

This is my Day 172 of my backward count to MY GOAL DAY! Focusing heavily on Rule #1 of my diet rules, plan food for days I work meetings. Have scheduled meeting to work that looks to be six to seven hours and this would normally cause me to overeat BUT I am focused on the one true mantra for the week: "139 POINT ANYTHING! 139 POINT ANYTHING!" I need to lose only half a pound to get back into the 130s.

Resting until afternoon now. Here be the streakity streak!

WEDNESDAY: July 11, 2012, Day 290 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, 15 min yogalates, (music: Pachelbel’s Canon in D/for yogalates, no music for walk/talked with friend in park), total streakity streak minutes so far 21,875 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
  • hi am2! hope your morning is going well. wow!--only 1/2 pound til you are back in the 130's---pretty terrific!!

sticking with food and exercise plan. this little above 100 degree respite has been a real treat, i must say. trying to get back in to swing of being more organized again, which isn't coming as easily as i would like, but going in the
    right direction, at least.

well, to all our dear royals, hope a good day will be had by one and all.

• Huzzah, Wsw!!! Glad you had a little respite from the heat. We did, too, this morning when it actually rained (FINALLY) and got down to 88 degrees.

Congratulations on going in the right direction as well as organization is concerned and to sticking with the food and exercise. I am as well, but was a little highish in my calorie cycling yesterday. Food was all healthy, though.

My streakity is thus: Woot, did verra will with Rule #1 yesterday and worked a five hour meeting with no desire to stop for candy on the way home (well, the store was closed, but anyway). Doing a shorter one tonight, still implementing Rule #1 (explained below). Need to go back to bed for awhile.

THURSDAY: July 12, 2012, Day 291 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 75 min walk, 5 min standing pilates, (music: Beach Workout/Pilates Music Ensemble, used as walking music and then did a short set of standing Pilates exercises), total streakity streak minutes so far 21,955 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Wsw, and royals mentioned or un- .... have a super Thursday. I know I will. Gotta go back to bed, though, as have another meeting tonight. Food planned (RULE 1: PLAN DIET FOOD FOR MEETING DAYS!)
  • Wootness and huzzah to Wsw and all who may be in or around the palace!

THIS BE Day 170 o' that backward count to MY GOAL DAY YAY!

Er, yay! Been a busy work week so far (from Wednesday to Tuesday will be busy) and sometimes that causes me to overeat. Have had some success with Rule 1 about planning food for days I work meetings. Today experimenting with a possible Rule 3 having to do with a regular schedule of eating. It is not a rule yet, just a work in progress. Hope to be very productive today despite sleep problems that make me want to eat eat eat (and eat more lol). Another experimental rule is never to eat at the computer as that leads me to nibbles whilst I work.

T'is hot but the watchwords for today are BE. PRODUCTIVE. DON'T. EAT. TOO. MANY. CALORIES. IGNORE. DRAMA. AND. DO. NOT. PRACTICE. NEGATIVITY.

The streakity was thusly, done in the neighborhood:

FRIDAY: July 13, 2012, Day 292 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 70 min walk, 5 min standing pilates, (music: Canon in D, Carmina Burana I. O Fortune, Bolero, Colors of the Wind/half of the walk, silence/rest of walk & pilates), total streakity streak minutes so far 22,030 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

• am2- i am so sympathetic to sleep problems! sleeping is definitely not my best event. lack of sleep also makes me want to eat, eat, eat, eat.

i ate more cals today then i had planned, and need to stick to plan better tomorrow. actually, could have been a lot worse though. did get my planned exercise in. enjoy reading what music you play for your exercising. inspires me to play some of my favorites and explore some new ( to me) and different pieces also. i love classical music, as well as many other different types of music. my playlist spans lots(and lots!) of decades and a wide variety of genres.

well, i had a busy day and need to take care of a few things, so i can call it a night even earlier than usual. i have to laugh at myself, because "even earlier" than usual is very, very early (sadly. lol) ah well. hope you have a pleasant evening, empress. ---and to all our dear royals both near and far, thinking of you.

• Hello, Royals.....I know I'll always be welcome to the Consistant Crew if I can find my way back.

I had an AHA moment last week when I said to SELF
    "I've given up" and SELF tried to convince me I had not as that has not been a characteristic of moi nor one I like. However, after reflection, I realized I had indeed "given up" maybe not vocally but in practice and as a consequence I had gained back some very hard lost weight.

One can always find "reasons" and of coiurse I have lots of them. But I've faced up to more in the past and remained stalwart so none of them are worth a sou.

At any rate, I am hopefully back on board and will try to play catchup. Was very interested in the "solar flares" funk post by Arabella. Hmmm.

At any rate, I'm promising me I'll be back in the palace just to read about "dainty fingernail holding on" and streakity steaks and walkabouts and all of the things I have missed in my self indulgent wanderings.
  • Wootness, we have Anagram back in the palace! Huzzah, love the "Consistent Crew" tag and so glad to see ye, Queen A! Loved reading about your wanderings.

To expand lol (translation, talk a lot 'cause I am delaying starting work for the day, need to get a project done), I wander a lot myself, in fact and in my wits lol, and have no apologies about it ever in life or on the internet 'cause wandering is how we experience new and exciting new things and learn about ourselves and others. I totally relate to wandering.

At any rate, so glad ye are on board Consistent Crew Royal Anagram.

Huzzah also to Wsw! Sleeping is not my best event either lol. And ditto on lack o' sleepin' triggerin' the urge to eat eat eat.

Here be the thing re moi for now, t'is 169 on the MAGNIFICENT MARCH on and on and on backwards to MY GOAL DAY! Yay!

Had nice meet-up in park with a walking partner and did some of the standing pilates moves that have been helping me improve balance and alignment, then we walked and had a nice long talk. She is a great old friend (as in time known, not as in her age, she is younger than I am) and such a positive and upbeat personality it is hard not to be in a good mood even though it was semi-raining (which we like in Arizona, so that is okay).

Regarding the streakity streak:

SATURDAY: July 14, 2012, Day 293 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 70 min walk, 5 min standing pilates, (music: conversation with walking pard in park), total streakity streak minutes so far 22,105 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
  • Woot! Back in the 130s!
    WELL, havin' listed the data and checkin' it twice, Am2 is starting her next 13 weeks on this countdown to December 30, aka MY GOAL DAY! This 13-week segment will take her to October 13, unless her math is wrong, always a possibility.

THE BIG NEWS in Am's Empire is that Am lost a pound this week and is back in the 130s (139.4 to be exact). She hath taken a solemn vow that THERE WILL NOT BE A REBOUND THIS WEEK AND SHE WILL STAY IN THE 130s UNTIL SHE REACHES THE 120s. There is a lotta deja vu here but she is NOT going back up that rebound ladder again.

Having lost more than 100 pounds over really several decades, with a WHOLE lotta ups and downs on the scale, life changes, friends and family supporting her journey and then NOT supporting her journey lol, clothes fitting, clothes not fitting, careers coming and careers going, there is one thing clear to Am. SHE IS NOT GONNA GO BACK UP THAT LADDER AGAIN.

Now it is about more than just weight. Am is fit but wants to retain her active life well into advanced old age. But her joints hurt. The plate in her arm hurts, her brain hurts (sometimes), her heart hurts (sometimes) ... in short, lol, every single pound off to the goal takes pressure off of her agin' bod and mind. So that is why she is so adamant. She knows she is not overweight, just wants those extra pounds OFF the Am person.

Anyhow, the data also shows that Am2 did lose a net overall inch count of .25 this week: .5 off the waist (hurrah) and .25 put ON the upper thigh measurement, which is good as she believeth that is a teeny bit of muscle addition.

Today's streakity streak entry be thusly:

SUNDAY: July 15, 2012, Day 294 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min yogalates, 15 min jog, 60 min walk, (music: albums, Africa (A Dreamful Journey)/Pilates Music Ensemble & Avengers Assemble/Various Artists; single: Maniac/Don’t Quit Music, 80s Flashback), total streakity streak minutes so far 22,195 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

TRANSMISSION. ENDS.
  • Huzzah and greetings to the kindly Royals who inhabiteth this friendly palace or wander the world and internet hither and yon. Woot!

This be Day 167 o' the backward count to MY GOAL DAY and Am2 be VERRA focused and feelin' good that she did NOT sit down and start work until the exercise, food, water things were done. The streakity be:

MONDAY: July 16, 2012, Day 295 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min weights, 15 min jog, 60 min walk, (music: Island Jams/Jimmy & the Parrots; 50’s Hits/Biggest Loser Workout Mix), total streakity streak minutes so far 22,270 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Rule #5 was added to the official Am2 Diet Rules List by the Am2 Empirical Diet to Get to 125 Pounds Diet Rules Committee this mornin' in an emergency measure that doth NOT require a public hearing, just a majority vote of the committee and Am2 is the only member o' that body:

Rule #5: Stay hydrated but remember that too much water is as bad as too little; balance electrolytes.

I. Do. Have. To. Work. Now.
  • Huzzah, wootness 'n salutations to all Royals near and far and hello to Kaylets! It is SO great to see ye, K! So happy to hear you've got the 4 days in a row and the feel so much better buzz! Great plan to not put so much focus on a single number on the scale and to wait to weigh until you are ready.

I also believe in the efficacy of measurements when on any kind of fitness or weight management journey, whether it be just getting stronger or losing, gaining (also valid, I have a friend who is challenged with not weighing enough for her health) or maintaining. I do measurements religiously now, usually on the Saturday before each Sunday weigh-in. The data is invaluable to me and keeps me on track.

Wishing a lovely evening to Wsw and as previously stated, all Royals near and far.

I got my work day done way ahead of schedule and ended up cleaning the house and lying on sofa playing chess on the iPad. Very peaceful day and did not stress eat, eating day ended at a good calorie level.

Before work started I streakity streaked:

MONDAY: July 16, 2012, Day 295 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min weights, 15 min jog, 60 min walk, (music: Island Jams/Jimmy & the Parrots; 50’s Hits/Biggest Loser Workout Mix), total streakity streak minutes so far 22,270 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
  • Good very hot morning, Royals! I've watered the posies, cut up strawberries and cucumbers, made tuna salad and diet Jello - all before 9:00 and all in my bathing suit (no, don't try to picture it!).

I'm improving and losing some of that "immediate" stuff. Relating strongly to Kaylets "in the moment" prose. I wasn't weighing but "felt" the gain - in clothes and just in general. A lot of celery usually helps that and it seems to be the ticket again.

Also relating well to the Empress re every pound off keeping the body younger. Have not really lost much over the last ten years (it's almost that long since I managed to lose fifty pounds) but the last few weeks have once again showed me just how easily I could gain it all back. More and more physical problems cry out for more loss.

A few days ago I put in a bid for a house. Undeniably a lowball bid and I'm not expecting to get it but then one never knows. Have been looking since February or so (in fits and spurts as new things come on the market).
    And working more and more (tho not consistently) on getting this place ready to sell. emotional, you bet - parting with old memories (and some things I don't even remember). But my memories are in my head and my heart and I must face up to that "aging" process and ready my "elder stateswoman" castle.

So, did tai chi yesterday (been faithful but that's been cut to once a week and second class never reset - First long term group to go back to twice a week in September.)

To pool today as well - only made it twice so far this month. Must up attendance/cut per visit cost before end of month. Still doing PT for my back which mostly involves strengthening core. Legs feel more muscled - to me - but then nobody else wants to know.

So that's the plan. Eat lightly, stay hydrated, work on all that dumb stuff that needs to be done and llook for little rewards. I like you cheater day, Kaylets. That was a feature when I lost years ago. It was easy knowing there would be one day a week I could go out and order as I "pleased". Just not working as well right now. Focus, focus, focus.
  • Huzzah to Kaylets and Anagram this lovely Tuesday. I related so much to the discussion re being in the moment and enjoying the view.

When I do that regarding life, I find the weight journey takes care of itself.

Kaylets, I also like your cheater day idea. I do calorie cycling, which kind of gives me at least one high day a week. If we don't have that, I think our bodies rebel and nothing dietwise works anyhow.

I also relate to not worrying about someone else's "ideal weight" or fitness level. I used to be very influenced by other people about food, weight, fitness, and only in the last year or so have really gotten away from that and realized that I am my own guru and that when I did have a major weight loss, I did it using my own ideas. Feeling much more relaxed with it all.

Anyhow am on Day 166 of the backward count to my goal day! The streakity is thusly and WARNING (LONG) I listed ALL the songs in my "New Playlist" that is in honor of BEING BACK IN THE 130s AGAIN! New fun feeling I haven't had in awhile! Huzzah!

TUESDAY: July 17, 2012, Day 296 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min jog, 60 min walk, (music: New Playlist—The Winds of the Night/Africa: A Dreamful Journey/Pilates Music Ensemble, Andromeda/Wrath of the Titans/Javier Navarrete, I’m Not Scared/Flashdance/Film Music Orchestra, Jogging Music/Track 2, Live to Rise/Music Inspired by the Avengers/Soundgarden, Maniac/Flashdance/Film Music Orchestra, Midnight in Moscow/Hawaii Five-O/The Surf Dawgs, The Nature of Namibia/Africa (A Dreamful Journey)/Pilates Music, Simple Gifts/Lullaby/Jewel, You Are My Sunshine/Pt. 1 You Are My Sunshine/Elizabeth Mitchell, Windy/Swinging 60s Vol. 1/My Fitness Music, Winter Wonderland/Leslie Sansone’s Christmas Walk, We Owe it All to Jimmy/Island Jam/Jimmy & the Parrots, When You Wish Upon a Star/Julie Andrews Selects Her Favorite Disney, Three Little Birds/Island Jam/Jimmy & the Parrots, Turkish March/Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart/Brahms’ Lullaby & Other Classical Music, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star/Lullaby/Jewel, A Whole New World/Brad Kane & Lea Solanga/Disney Princess, total streakity streak minutes so far 22,360 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)