The Royal Sashay through 2012

You're on Page 18 of 18
Go to
  • Hello all!

So glad to see you Wildfire! How regal!! Jesse Cook, I am even following him on FB.... I can almost recognize him even when it's a new song.

Still following my 'new' food plan. Most of the time it's still working. Christmas was tougher, I think in large part 'stress eating' .....Instead of the wheat, I had lots of protein and fruit---literally grazed on both and probably had 3 sweet potatoes too but all in all, a far, far different 'binge' compared to what would have happened if cookies, etc, etc were in the house.

I am still feeling slimmer if that is more than just a feeling and a reality. In other words, I guess it's probably what other people call my energy. And of course, I expect to turn sideways in the full length mirror and not see a belly. BUT, it's still there and the reality is that at least its not going to get bigger.

Wood Nymph, the Higher Power concept is hard for lots of us---
    The bottom line really is ( and again, only my opinion), that I can't control everything, I can not be perfect ( and why do I feel this compulsion to be?) and I can't handle everything that is going to happen to me much less the entire universe.
    For me, letting go, realizing somethings are too big for me ( powerless) has been very freeing. I don't have to be in charge. Doesn't mean I'm not accountable and that seems to be a full time job for me.

Glad to see WSW stop by! Cold weather here on the East Coast. You're not shivering alone!

Empress! As always, inspirational!

Sorry, just see the time and must be off. Until next time.

My royals!
  • Bah! There is nasty bug on the loose in my workplace and I fear I may have finally lost the battle. I actually banned a sick co-worker from my office yesterday, telling her to take her germs and begone! But when you share a photocopier/scanner, various doorknobs and kitchen surfaces with 140 other people, your odds of escaping the virus is slim. Nevertheless, I had a vitamin packed smoothie when I came home, popped some ColdFx, and am having tea with lemon and honey. I hope to kill it with optimism!!

Arabella, hope you are over it soon!

Kaylets, happy to hear the new eating plan is working for you! Feeling slimmer will certainly keep you motivated.

Amarantha, that's the hard part, isn't it? Controlling how we react to others and unpleasant situations, and taking a step back before lashing out or eating the emotions through food. It takes strength and awareness to remind ourselves that there can be a positive outcome if we control our reactions, not to mention less guilt when we avoid diving into a pint of Ben & Jerry's!

wsw, hope you are well and staying warm!

Happy Friday Eve!!
  • With apologies, dear royals, I went through this thread & deleted a few posts that didn't make sense as I am trying to be more sensible on the internet in 2013 (lol and briefer). I am replacing this last post I made a few days ago with a cross postie of my blog only to make things briefer, although brevity is NOT my strong suit ... on my 3FC blog today I posted:

"Lol, made some new year realizations this morning that I blather too much on diet forums about things other than weight so removed references to job hunting and how I FEEL about things other than weight management & exercise here 'n there about the internet.

The title of this blog (40 Days & 40 Nights & then Forever) has come to mean I am doing a series of 40 day (or thereabouts) periods of weight management & fitness readjustments and planning on managing weight in a sane fashion forever and ever amen.

As for blogging or sharing about career, I have realized I don't need to do that. It is what it is and I am where I am and I may mention work from time to time but what is important to me is that I am alive, alive-o, and have a beautiful, peaceful life, am queen/empress of said own life, have a glorious canine companion (always important to have a canine companion, in my opinion lol) and have this nice, little ol' lady wannabee bodybuilder hobby to reach the 120s again and (four more pounds or so) and to build & sustain healthy habits, muscle and a good quality of life.

I am grateful this clarity has come to me & have but one wish this Saturday morning and that is that the temperature rise some 'cause i really don't like being cold and I have to go buy food.

Calling all scale angels to help me through what could be a dicey weigh-in tomorrow as while I have good control of food & exercise, I kind of suspect I ate too much this week."
  • Just my humble opinion, Amarantha, and please don't take offense - you must do what is right for you. However, as a support group I believe that we must support each other outside the confines of only diet and exercise. Everything in our lives impacts how we feel and how we deal with everyday factors impacts our diet and exercise. We have always been a close-knit group and I think we are comfortable sharing bits here and there. We would not have spent the last 12 years or so (for me) coming back to this place if it was merely a place to log diet and exercise. We come because of the camaraderie and having a place to celebrate, commiserate, vent, and support each other. Don't we?

So if you want to talk about the challenges of job searching or anything else going on, or just want to post your goals and activites, we are right there with you!

Just my $.02.
  • Thank you, sweet Wildfire! I probably will end up blathering a lot about the job search eventually. Lol, I pretty much whine about it daily offline.

I agree with you about how we've come back for so long to support each other. I just get tired of feeling bad on the career front so need to stop thinking of it.

Would never take offense at such a sweet, supportive comment.

I think 2013 will be a great year for all of us, I just feel it & need to believe it.

Hugs, that's my $.02.
  • Hello all Royals!

I too agree with Wildfire's notes, Empress, that all parts of our lives influence our eating/overeating etc. In fact, perfect point---
    I didn't realize until Thursday morning, I was coming down with something.
    I was stressed and in a horrible mood and really not fit for company.

It was impossible to avoid the kitchen.

Whatever I had, was just a brush---I never lost my appetite but had no strength, slept most of it away except when I needed to eat and then, sitting was uncomfortable because everything seemed to ache.

My point, and yes, I really do have one is this: As soon as I started feeling better today, I could feel my mood brighten, and the urge to stuff lessened.

Anyway.

Stress for whatever reason has always been more than a trigger to eat for me. And I have learned in recent years, I had far less control over controlling stress eating than I imagined.

so, don't feel you can't share on my account.

Hope all are doing well tonight.

Take care
  • Good morning, Ladies!

Amarantha, so glad you understood what I was trying to get across.

I have a confession to make. I don't like fruit. I rarely eat fruit other than an occasional banana. I know this is weird and not at all healthy. I will eat strawberries covered in chocolate, or apple crisp, or peach pie...but that doesn't exactly help with weight loss, does it? Eating raw fruit pretty much guarantees I'll be in intestinal distress in short order. However, I have discovered that I can make fruit smoothies and they don't bother me. Strange, I know, but perhaps the pureeing makes it easier on my gut. I have been using the frozen mixed fruit blends with everything from berries to plums, pineapple, and papaya. I put in some pulp-free OJ, some vanilla yogurt, a spoonful of honey, and they are SO good! I'm thrilled to have found a way to get fruit in my diet because I know I need the vitamins and anti-oxidants, etc., and I have my smoothie while cooking dinner. It keeps me from snacking impatiently and I eat less at dinner. Win-win!!

Kaylets, glad you are feeling better! I did manage to win my battle with the virus and didn't end up sick after all. *knock on wood* There are so many bugs on the go here right now, though. Must remain vigilant!!

Arabella, how are you feeling?

WSW? How are things in your corner?

I'm off for a "tank top arms" workout before the girls arrive for the afternoon. Have a wonderful day!
  • Everything's going my WEIGH (sort of)
    Yea, Wildfire, and Kaylets also, I really appreciated your support yesterday. I go up and down on that career thing. I have retired 500 times, btw, just can't stand it.

Feeling really good this morning, though probably I should not because my official weigh-in wasn't all that great but I'm hangin' and eating brunch & feeling philosophical about it all.

Everything's SORT of going my weigh, other than being up 1.2 pound. Never mind, a little more muscle is mixed in that, exceeded all exercise goals & feel strong. The calorie train will be heading back in the right direction in the coming week lol. Day 35, "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible." Helen Keller

I do SO agree that stress impacts weight. There are probably all sorts of scientific reasons for that, of which I assume cortisol plays a part. I do know that I can be hummin' along happily digesting my last healthy meal & looking forward to a proper meal at the proper time and not having any sense of urgency to eat. Then if so much as a NEGATIVE THOUGHT passes through the ol' brain here, it is quickly followed by a feeling that I am hungry & wish to eat something. This is quickly followed by thoughts that I am not hungry but rather just had a negative thought. I am rather good at spotting negative thoughts in my own head. Sometimes I eat something then, sometimes not.

I remember years ago how this became clear to me, although I'd been pondering it for years. I was at the rural office in the mountain where I worked once a week during my previous career. I was working and enjoying being there, not feeling stressed, had a nice, calorie controlled lunch, was finishing up and looking forward to drive home and being at home in the afternoon. I was just buzzing with feel good hormones for no reason. Started drive through canyons, down mountains, beautiful, happy, driving well, was thinking of the convenience store in the other town I worked in up there on other days, where I often stopped and bought a donut. Humming along, thinking, don't need donut, not hungry, craving nothing, well fed. Car suddenly appeared on tail, started aggressively riding me down major hill, then swooshed around, almost cut me off at front, causing accident & it rode on down out of site. Told self calm down, down stress, happens all the time (it does up there), driving, driving, driving, all calm, noticed I was HUNGRY & specifically HUNGRY FOR DONUT AT CONVENIENCE STORE. Told self, no, was stress, was cortisol flooding system, don't need donut. Said okay, don't need donut, will keep going. Was cool, driving, hit town, saw convenience store, slammed on brakes, made screeching turn into convenience store parking lot, bought donut (two) and ate. Continued on way.

Okay, NOT THIS WEEK! I want this weight loss elevator to return to the previous floor!
    Have a great day, royals!
  • Lol, well the calorie elevator did NOT go down yesterday but the stress overeating hit a high for the year.

Back on track today. Had a nice day, actually, and calories are where they should be.

Have a good week, royals!
  • Two days ago the realization hit that Am2 the Queen/Empress of her own life was suffering from a malaise of spirit, as has been the case off and on for a while, actually. Due not at all to this malaise of spirit, she was also starting to once again GAIN (bah) the teeniest bit of weight so she occupied herself somewhat pursuing her favorite hobby, that of being a frustrated personal trainer and sports nutritionist, though she is neither of these things in real life, but she does experiment a lot on her own agin' bod a lot in the areas of weight management and fitness, having once weighed A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE than she does now. That was almost two decades ago now, in another time and place and Am2, Queen/Empress, has evolved into a different person (but somehow the same) in body, mind and spirit, evolving every year and growing older, wiser (sometimes) and nicer (sometimes), less employed, lol, let's face it we are no royal spring chicken here anymore.

But we still LOVE our one and only body, mind & spirit and kind of really like ourself in general, actually and want to continue to maintain the downward pound creep that has been going on ever since January 2012, when we found we had GAINED a little weight back up to 150 from a low of 117. We putzed up & down all year but managed to lose 16.2 pounds with an eye to reaching 125. We did not reach 125 and now have a goal to be in the 120s (129.8 or something) by or on February 10, our weigh-in following the holidays of Imbolic and before St. Valentine's Day. SOOOO, we were planning on losing a bit more weight last week but we gained.

It is all due to the calorie creep, a dreaded disease in the realm, we are just eating too many calories, everything else is on track.

So, to make a long story short, which I never do, we started this little challenge for ourselves to see how many consecutive days we can stay at a GOOD CALORIE LEVEL, as defined by us as anywhere up to 2000 at the highest (not good but not forbidden) and however low we want to go because let's face it we never go as low as some think we should, but we do calorie cycle and we do know we are always okay, even binging if we never go over 2000.

This is Day 2, meaning in our count that we have stayed at a GOOD CALORIE LEVEL for two full days and are working on the third day.

And, no, we haven't been anywhere near 2000 in those two days.

The Queen/Empress Am2 & all her imaginary diet fairie friends are rejoicing and feeling in good control, but we do NOT know what will happen in the Sacred Ceremony of the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice this Sunday because earlier in the week, we just ate too much.

So we are back, the Queen/Empress of Am2 Calorie Control, and having fun with this little challenge but crossin' our fingers for a NICE RESULT (a loss or maintain) this Sunday.

Hear ye, hear ye, we are BACK in the saddle again, pard! Sooner or later this weight creep elevator is going DOWN!
  • Woot! Queen/Empress Am2 hath sashayed on down to the Sacred Grotto o' the Golden Scale despite the unusually frozen temperatures in her part o' the royal palace AND she discovereth that she is down 1.2 & back in the game to reach the 120s by or on February 10!

Bye for now, kind royals, hope everyone is doing well.
  • Lovelies, I've started a new thread for the year. I'll come in with a full post soon but just wanted to get us into 2013 so we can leave 2012 behind.

Will say one thing: OMG. I have gained about 30 pounds, yes, from ticker. How many times have I done that? Why do I do that repeatedly? I stopped weighing myself and managed to "not see" how much weight I was gaining. The year ahead will be dedicated to peeling off the layers built from stress and a lack of attention and getting down to my real self.

Here's the new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4597105