Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #106  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I feel very lucky My DD got an academic scholarship to Ferris state for their PharmD program. -- I was so stressed out about their college costs, and if we had saved enough etc....so once these scholarships started rolling in, it was a great relief.

I am having DS take ACT this summer (at my expense) -- we won't submit the score to any colleges. I did that with my DD. She scored 26 at first and when she took it for real she scored 32 (or 31..omg I forgot now). She knew exactly what she was getting into. -- Something for you to think about

DS is at the try out right now. He still wanted to finish the tryouts even tho he knows he will be cut. -- My DD would have walked she is more high maint.

BTW; How was your eating? I did 5 1/2 hour eating window. I get incredibly full.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I feel very lucky My DD got an academic scholarship to Ferris state for their PharmD program. -- I was so stressed out about their college costs, and if we had saved enough etc....so once these scholarships started rolling in, it was a great relief.

I am having DS take ACT this summer (at my expense) -- we won't submit the score to any colleges. I did that with my DD. She scored 26 at first and when she took it for real she scored 32 (or 31..omg I forgot now). She knew exactly what she was getting into. -- Something for you to think about

DS is at the try out right now. He still wanted to finish the tryouts even tho he knows he will be cut. -- My DD would have walked she is more high maint.

BTW; How was your eating? I did 5 1/2 hour eating window. I get incredibly full.
Good for him for sticking it out!
My oldest DS (sophomore) is not gifted academically. Mostly A/B with a few Cs thrown in there. He doesn't care what he gets as long as he can play sports, I am on him constantly about studying, assignments,etc. He will start out at community college.
Now my youngest DS (currently 8th), wants nothing less than 4.0 and will do whatever he needs to get his As. Self motivated, stays on top of everything, knows what's going on. That may be more beneficial for him to take it early.
They are like night and day and I raised them both the same.
DH and I are very motivated, do what it takes kind of people, not sure how we created such a laid back free spirit as my oldest DS. I do love that part of his personality, just not with schoolwork!
It will be interesting to see where life takes them both.

I was originally going to eat normal today, but didn't eat breakfast until about 11, so that ended up being about 15 hours fast and about 7hour window. Had three meals. I had a tougher time with hunger today. I think I need smaller windows, but after my fast yesterday I was only able to eat about 1,000 Cals so I didn't know if I should go into another long window again. Still trying to figure this all out. I hope to do fast5 tomorrow and I am still going to Spike on Sunday. Then I will start all over again
Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #108  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

JO: What is fast5? How does it work?

Kristiina: Awe! I hate to hear this about your son's arm! At least he's a trooper about it. That's a great idea doing the ACT early. My nephew did this too. He is 16 & probably going to go into Pharma. He is sure smart enough to do it
Old 03-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #109  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal: have your nephew come to Ferris State here in MI and he can date my daughter She is barely 17

How did you like your fast K?

I am really proud of myself tonight. -- I was really heart broken for Cam...old me would have eaten chocolate and ice cream and new me did not even think about food! I guess old dogs DO learn new tricks.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #110  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo; It always amazes me how different my kids are. And even though they are opposite sex; they have been raised the same.

My daughter came into this world with attitude and *****yness. My son has been a charmer since day one and gets along with everyone.

My daughter has no tolerance for people and therefore only has few friends. My son is friends with everyone.

My son has incredible amount of athletic talent, my daughter has two left feet. My daughter can paint and draw amazing pictures, my son's attempts always turn out looking like ants. (I kid you not )

But their personalities... their desires etc. So different. So I take them as they come

At the end of the day when people come and say, your children are so polite, I am grateful.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #111  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Krystal: have your nephew come to Ferris State here in MI and he can date my daughter She is barely 17

How did you like your fast K?
I would love my nephew to date someone other than this "I like you just b/c you will pay for everything at prom" girl he's madly in like with. She is about 5'6" or 5'7", long brown hair, really athletically thin-though NOT athletic. Ok, I sound bad by despising her, but it's for good reason. She is only going out with him b/c he is very popular. He plays baseball & star of the basketball team. She really doesn't like him as a person

My fast went well up until I got to work and got a headache.
I can't care for others if I don't feel well. So, I had to break it earlier than I had anticipated.

I was going to try to do a mini fast today, even though I work.
I am eating later than I would like to pull it off though!
It's for a great reason, however.....I am running in about 20 min.
I had to have a little pre-run fuel.

I do have a funny story later for you girls from work Thursday night.
A little something for you to anticipate......

Happi Saturday!!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #112  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal That really sucks! -- One thing I have always insisted upon with my daughter; she pays her own way. -- When she was dating her BF; they took turns paying restaurant bills etc. And because she did not drive at the time and he drove her everywhere, we gave him gas money each week. Prom is expensive! I think between tickets and limo we are already looking at $100 per person. That is a lot for a young man (parents) to come up with .

IF gets easier each time; but I would not like to be around b1tchy-hungry cardiac nurse

I am going to do fast5 today. I woke up totally not hungry at all. We will do our walk between 10 and noon, and I should be home by 12:30. so I will eat between 12:30-6:30. Everyone is home tonight, so we can have a nice family dinner, maybe BBQ. Grilled salmon and veggies sound really good.

I was 148 lbs this morning. Doing my slow dance between 147.5-149

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #113  

Change of plans, Spiking today, some kind of fast tomorrow. DH informed me his not home most of tomorrow, so we are spending the day out today, makes more sense to splurge a little today instead.

Weighed and updated my weights today instead of tomorrow also

Want to reply, but no time right now, catch you all later
Old 03-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #114  
~Krystal~

Back from a 3 mil run and a 1 mil K9 walk. I really wasn't feeling it today. I just feel really sad today. This MUST stop. I am usually not a sad person!

So, about Thurs night…
I was pulled to a different cardiac floor (where I used to work until they split our units), lots of people I know still work there, some new faces as well.
Jess, one of the RNs was talking about HCG & how she was on it for about a month, but stopped taking it b/c she started cheating on it. Reported losing a ton of weight, but gaining it all back & then some, which is why I detest things like this anymore without the benefit of lifestyle modification in conjunction with it.
We started talking about MFP, weight loss, and how much I was eating in one sitting! One of the new RNs commied, "Where are you putting all that food?" (This was after the 13.5 hr fast & after midnight, so the next eating day for me.)
I had to laugh at him & explained I was training for a 1/2 and since he asked, I told him about my lifting and training routine, including showing him and Jess Uvids from Bodyrock.

They were in disbelief at all of the work I do. Then, I showed them some before and after shots of my midsection, legs, and arms. Their mouths dropped to the floor Jess asked where I got all the motivation to continue everyday. I said, "Girl please, I am the least motivated person i know. I am dedicated to my fitness goals, and I do have a goal to get into this bikini (I showed her a pic of the blue Vicki one). Her and the new RN agreed I could rock it now.
NO WAY!! I have MUCH work ahead of me before that is happening

When the shift was almost over, Jess said, "Krystal, you have motivated me to get back to working out." Yeah right!

I tell you, it is disturbing that I get so much energy out of seeing & hearing about other people who cannot/will not make their minds up about sticking with their fitness goals, especially the medical realm--where most everyone in society thinks::
"You're a nurse, you should do/know better!"

Most of the RNs I know are the least healthy people I know
Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #115  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

so i figured out why the last two days of running majorly suckedd....i got sick...i mustve been getting sick to start with, with just a cough...i did a mile and a half run yesterday but broke it into increments because i just could NOT keep it up...it sucked but i did it...then in the afternoon i started getting more sick, and chilled, and by evening my whole sinuses were swollen shut and i just laid on the couch for hours before going to bed...ughhh

today i feel better, not great but better, spent alot of the day just resting...took alot of meds...am going to get in the shower now and go to the St Baldrick's event where ppl shave their heads and raise money for cancer

one of my friends is having her head shaved and raised the money in honor of my nephew Sky from the village, who battled hodgkins lymphoma when he was 15 a few years ago...so im going with her and taking pics n stuff

my sinuses are feeling a bit better but i still have a nasty cough...
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #116  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal! Don't be sad. Just think of that blue bikini and how you will turn heads!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #117  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Morning!

I survived yesterday without burning my skin! Amazing, because I usually forget to lather myself up and suffer afterwards.... maybe I am learning

It was a wonderful day to be just hanging outside. We did 4.7 mile walk, I finally brought my poles along. I am taking a day off; I walked 5 days in a row.

Weight was 147.5; heading down. My stupid PMS symptoms are probably gunna start sometime next week

I had perfect IF day yesterday. I had 4 hour eating window. By the time dinner was done at 5 pm, I was so full. -- I am going to eat between 11 am and 4 pm today. -- Jo are we fasting tomorrow?

Jo, I saw you weigh in at MFP; OMG girl! That was amazing. I think this IF suits you as well.

Does anyone use any sort of a calorie management system like bodybugg? I am thinking about getting one. I just don't know which one, and feedback would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #118  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I loved this guy's book. he has a blog;

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
Old 03-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #119  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Morning!

Does anyone use any sort of a calorie management system like bodybugg? I am thinking about getting one. I just don't know which one, and feedback would be greatly appreciated
Fitbit seems to be the better bargain.
You don't have to get a subscription online.
Queen Sarah from the CCer thread can fill you in on every detail of it
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #120  

Hi girls, just now settling down with a cup of coffee and my computer. This weekend has just been chaos.

Thanks for the compliments, I was pleased with my week, but I am keeping in mind that 1) I was maintaining for a couple weeks, 2) I had rested for those weeks and just started exercising again this week, 3) I was lower carb than usual due to IF, and 4) I was If-ing most of the week which is new to me. So any one of those things may have altered my water weight, glycogen, etc. I will see what this week brings. I carb reloaded with my spike yesterday and I am up 5.2# today, usually I am only up 3# after spiking, so I will see what this week brings. I may bounce back up a little. Just keeping it real! Don't want to get disappointed and fall of the damn wagon again. You guys wouldn't let me do that anyways.

Sum, I am doing a fast today (probably 16 or so), and then finish by maybe 3 or 4 so that I can do a 24 hour tomorrow (Mon) but be able to eat a little something before dinner. I'm kinda playing today by feel, I am not very hungry yet. Are you going to try for a 24 tomorrow?

I do have a bodybugg. I am probably done wearing it for the summer now, I don't like the ugly thing on my arm with short sleeves My subscription runs out early April and I won't renew until Fall if I even need/want it by then. I think it is really good for feedback as to your daily burn, but after wearing it for a while, I can pretty much predict my burn based on my activities for the day. I think it was very valuable for that. I also think it is valuable for seeing how much your other activities in a day impact your daily burn, not just working out. I don't know much about the fitbit, but I think it is different than the bodybugg or body media fit. I think the calories on that are just based off steps maybe? Not sure, I would have to research that.
The BB and BMF base it off movement, temperature or something. Yes, there is a monthly fee, but you do get that free for a year when you buy it. If you buy one, look online or post a thread looking for a sale code, there are sometimes good ones out there. Oh, and the difference between BB and BMF is that BMF estimates how well you are sleeping too. I don't really care for the database to enter your food and all that, but there is a website that you upload your info to and it gives you results, how much you burn, how much you eat, what you are losing, I just use the site to upload my burns to clear the memory and then log my burns on my own spreadsheet. I keep looking for a memory clearing hack online so that I can ditch the need for a subscription, but the one I found I am not techy enough to do. I bet your DH could figure it out for you and then you wouldn't ever need a subscription.
The optional display is important IMO so see where you are at in a day, or to see what you are currently burning with a particular activity. You can either get the ugly display they offer, or you can get the one that links up to a smartphone.
Okay, thats all I can think of, any other questions, just ask

K9,
I want to see your comparison pics!!!

Alaskan, I hope you are feeling better! Sucks to be sick!

Wonder if Deb is back yet?
Closed Thread