Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #76  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im finally home for the night and its 9 p.m....phew!...i did run 1 1/2 miles today at 5.0 mph and then did incline walking at the highest incline and a high speed for about 10ish minutes...just wrapping up what was left of the 45 minutes that i spend on the treadmill...worked all afternoon, teenager's concert all evening...now im eating and settling the kids down for the night...im tired BUT i managed to stay within my calories, which has been really hard because i get hungry when i workout..ugh...
Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #77  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Alaskan: What type of concert was it?

JO: No xray? Would have taken all of 4 minutes--if that. Well, I do hope you feel better soon! & on the 176--CLOTHED!! That's awesome.

Hey, guess what...I'm on the downward trend too this week!! BUT, I still have a TON of time to screw it up!! Plus I have to work tomorrow night.

I got in a FABULAIRE run yesterday. The weather was so perfect--No rain, minimal wind, but not too much.. I did 6 miles of hill intervals--they kicked my ar$e! I try to maintain a 12 min mile, but I usually end up running b/t 11-11.50 min. However, uphill--it's more like 13. So it evens out to average 12 min. I am totally ok with this. So many of my running friends do between 8.5-10min miles. I have to keep reminding myself that time is unrealistic for a me with lower back injury. I DO NOT want to be lying in bed for another 2.5 yrs b/c I overdid it!!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-14-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #78  

Morning! Supposed to be a glorious day here, weather wise!

Great job on those runs girls, Alaskan and K9. I think you are both getting faster than me now

I have a whimpy little stride for a tall girl I am working on that, but I think that is part of my speed problem both walking and running. I had an aha moment about a year ago when someone said people that get sore hips running have a weak core. I know I have a weak core and I get sore hips and I think that is why I keep my strides smaller. Always a work in progress!

K9, I totally agree with you, go a little slower to save your back! So not worth an injury. You will find you are faster than at least half of the participants anyways. You will do great. I am excited for you I have never run in a race. My parents were avid runners when I was growing up and ran races just about every weekend, and they were off running daily. They were running addicts. Gosh, they still run, although not every day now, but at 67 and still going strong! I think watching them do all that when I was young is part of the reason I am not interested in races myself. Well that, and I am really slow and so not an endurance athlete

I will be fasting today and leave about a 5-6 hour eating window, depends on where my day takes me, I have a lot I want to accomplish and I want to get out in the sunshine for at least a walk to see how that feels. Who knows if I will be hungrier today due to increasing my activity level from the last two weeks. I hope my body is totally shocked by me moving it more and drops some major weight, one can dream
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #79  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies!

We are going to have gorgeous day. 73F

I did REALLY well yesterday with my 5 hour eating window. I like how it makes me feel and it is curbing my temptations. Weight down to 149. I am feeling happy and content and for the first time kind of exited over my new life style.

My gluten incident is almost over. Thank goodness! Knees are still a bit sore and tummy feels "raw" but I think I have the poison out of my body.

I will do another 19/5 plan today. I think I was done with my last bit of food around 5 pm, so I will have lunch around noon, right after my walk. I am making a smoothie; and adding some Xanthan as Krystal suggested.

Jo I take really long steps.... somehow I swing my hips and get my speed up.... My hubby is nearly 6'3" and my stride is as long as his; hence my Speedy Gonzales skills I think I was a pretty fast runner as well...I think it used to take me 55 minutes to run 6 miles with a short break at 3 mile mark. BUT at the end my ball joint in my hip got inflamed and I had to stop, so better be safe than sorry Krystal!

I hope your walk will go wellJo. You must feel better that Dr. gave you an okay to resume activities. -- I had broken my tailbone when I was 16 years old... my dance partner dropped me. I remember being it very sore, but I only found out 15 years later that it had broken. -- Good luck today, and take it easy if needed. You don't have to be Speedy Gonzales

Nice job keeping up with your runs Alaskan!

Jo, are we planning on doing another 24 (or 22) hour fast tomorrow? I think I will aim for 1600 calories for today.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Morning ladies!

We are going to have gorgeous day. 73F

I did REALLY well yesterday with my 5 hour eating window. I like how it makes me feel and it is curbing my temptations. Weight down to 149. I am feeling happy and content and for the first time kind of exited over my new life style.

My gluten incident is almost over. Thank goodness! Knees are still a bit sore and tummy feels "raw" but I think I have the poison out of my body.

I will do another 19/5 plan today. I think I was done with my last bit of food around 5 pm, so I will have lunch around noon, right after my walk. I am making a smoothie; and adding some Xanthan as Krystal suggested.

Jo I take really long steps.... somehow I swing my hips and get my speed up.... My hubby is nearly 6'3" and my stride is as long as his; hence my Speedy Gonzales skills I think I was a pretty fast runner as well...I think it used to take me 55 minutes to run 6 miles with a short break at 3 mile mark. BUT at the end my ball joint in my hip got inflamed and I had to stop, so better be safe than sorry Krystal!

I hope your walk will go wellJo. You must feel better that Dr. gave you an okay to resume activities. -- I had broken my tailbone when I was 16 years old... my dance partner dropped me. I remember being it very sore, but I only found out 15 years later that it had broken. -- Good luck today, and take it easy if needed. You don't have to be Speedy Gonzales

Nice job keeping up with your runs Alaskan!

Jo, are we planning on doing another 24 (or 22) hour fast tomorrow? I think I will aim for 1600 calories for today.
Yes, I think we should shoot for a little longer one tomorrow if we can. Don't know about you, but with the nice weather and the kids activities, I can feel our dinner time getting later and later so it may get more difficult for me to do a whole 24. I guess I will see when we are all ready to eat today. Yesterday I just ate ahead of everyone because it was ready and I was hungry

I think I am feeling the best with a 5-6 hour window, what about you?

I have been keeping my cals right around 1200 each day because I still plan on Spiking on the weekend. I may adjust a little as my activity level increases.

I have been focusing so much on getting in protein and veggies when I break my fasts that I realize I have been pretty low carb the last couple days. That may explain my weight drop I think I will stick with lower carb throughout the week though and do a sort of carb load when I spike.

I think I have changed everything I was doing: I have rested for 2 weeks (was working out like a maniac), I have experimented with fasting (used to eat pretty much the same schedule every day), and I have been eating lower carb (used to eat moderate carb). So if I don't show any loss sometime soon, something is drastically wrong with me. How much more can you shake things up???
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #81  
Lifelong Alaskan!

krystal it was his middle school choir concert last night...last one of the year and last one for him because he's 8th grade this year...so no more concerts unless he takes choir in high school...*cry* i can't believe my little baby is gonna be in high school not to mention that he's taller and heavier than me now too...and i wont even be 40 yet when he graduates high school lol

i was awake alot last night, between the badly behaved puppy and coughing...puppy would wake me up, then i'd cough for awhile before i'd fall asleep, which would keep puppy awake in this endless cycle of coughing and puppy whining lol...im gonna rest for a bit since the kids are at school before i go to the gym...i'd really like to try for 2 miles today at the 5.0 but i'm not sure if i can get it there, just a mile and a half is killingggg me...i do one mile without stopping, then walk for about 1-2 minutes to catch my breath better, than do the half mile more...

it's actually clear and sunny today in my rainforest...if it wasnt so cold i'd like to take my bike out although biking really isnt a hard workout for me...but it's still cold and frost on the roads
Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #82  
~Krystal~

I think I may be in with you girls for tomorrow's fast
I work, so this may work out well.
Then again, I may wake up starving and want to eat the entire house.
I'll shoot for it anyway
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #83  

Alaskan, hope you get in a great workout, whatever you decide to do!

K9, that's great if you join us! If not, that's okay too, you may need the fuel with all the running you have been doing. Let us know!

Sum, how's your beautiful sunny day going? Hope you are enjoying it! I sure am!

AFM, I went for a nice walk, one of the routes I usually go with my friend and actually finished it in better time than she and I do. Funny because I felt a deliberately slow. I didn't have any pain, not really discomfort, just maybe a little pressure telling me something is not quite right yet, but totally tolerable
This is the first time I have sat down this afternoon and I have to say, it feels wonderful to be productive again. Hope I don't pay for it later. So far I have the grill cleaned, the outdoor dining table all polished up, the back porch swept off and a couple loads of laundry done. I really wanted to haul some of the chairs to the table from the shed, but thought maybe that was pushing it

I will hopefully check back in when I crash later
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #84  
~Krystal~

I just want to sleep!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #85  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i did my workout...i ran 2 miles at 5.0 speed...i ran one mile nonstop, walk break for a minute, ran half mile nonstop, walk break, then ran the last half mile in 10ths because it was REALLYYY hard at that point but at least i got it done...

i still have a cough but at least it's not deep in my chest...yet, gotta be careful of pneumonia...i worry that my cough will turn into bronchitis but i dont think it's there yet...strangely the cough doesnt seem to bother me much when i run

am home for the night with the boys...later on gonna clean up the house a little and pick up DH at the airport, back from his work trip...dont like it when he's gone
Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #86  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: I sure hope that cough does NOT turn into Pneumonia for you. How disgusting so close to spring to get pneumonia!!
on breaking into your 2 miles. It is COMPLETELY ok to walk when you need to. It gives you an opportunity to recover..then just right back into it. Keep with it. It does get easier
Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #87  

Good morning chicks

My scale is like that friend that tells you all kinds of good things but you don't know whether to trust them or not. Enough said

Today I fast and I should be able to go the whole time unless I run into some unusual hunger. This is the first time I will exercise (walk) during fasting so I will see how it goes. Well I guess I was at the end of my fast for my walk yesterday, but I came home and ate, so that is different.

I am a little sore all over today. My pecs are sore from scraping the grill for over an hour , my legs and feet are sore from my walk and my tailbone is a little more sore today than yesterday . Did I really get that out of shape in 2 weeks? Is that possible? That really sucks.

K9, what are your plans for today, fasting or not? Did you work last night or tonight? Maybe last night since you are so tired, so maybe you are already into your fast, or not?

Alaskan, awesome job with that run!! What you are doing is called a "fartleg" Just a stupid name for a run/walk. I am impressed, you keep going a little farther or a little faster. Hoping you cough goes away without further complications. That would suck! Pretty soon you will be running in races like K9.

Sum, when are you done fasting today? Probably way before me. I am shooting for 6:00. Luckily, I went ahead and ate around 5 because DH didn't get home until after 8:00! Check in today when you can, I may need you
Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #88  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I wrote a long post and computer crashed

Anycase I will be back later.

My 24 hour fast will be over at 3:30... I think I can do it

Off to my walk now.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #89  

Got my walk in, caught up with my friend and I feel great! I am going to take it a little easier than I did yesterday, but I do have a lot to get done today, gotta keep busy and keep my mind occupied. I found myself thinking about breakfast when I got home from my walk today, but I think that is because that is what I am used to doing when I get home. Old habits.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #90  
~Krystal~

have I confused everyone with my schedule or what??
Plan: fast started this morning @ 5am. Plan to do 16 hrs
Gym time this morning to finish up my pathetic excuse of a workout yesterday.
My ar$e is tired! My quads are screaming from squats.
Sleep today. Work tonite.

I will try to fast Fri for 16 as well & maybe Sat.
I also work Sat nite & Sun nite

We can do this fast today!!!
Keep yourselves busy as possible!
Closed Thread