3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #46
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

I took a head start Jo

We went out to bfast yesterday (it was planned beforehand)... I ordered an omelet. I felt yucky almost right away and I thought it was because of night before...BUT turns out they use flour in their baked omelet And because I have Ceiliac and I was up for a "fun" evening and night. UGH!

So this fast will be great, get me all cleaned up -- I am sure I will be starving by 3 or 4... I will go as late as I can, tho.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I took a head start Jo

We went out to bfast yesterday (it was planned beforehand)... I ordered an omelet. I felt yucky almost right away and I thought it was because of night before...BUT turns out they use flour in their baked omelet And because I have Ceiliac and I was up for a "fun" evening and night. UGH!

So this fast will be great, get me all cleaned up -- I am sure I will be starving by 3 or 4... I will go as late as I can, tho.
First of all, who puts flour in an omelet??? I have never heard of that, ever. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Well, I got a late start and will not be done until 6:30 or so I will live vicariously through you this afternoon.

I ended up spiking again yesterday. I had such chocolate cravings and that led to a baked potato and the rest just went from there. So I don't know how mixing spiking with fasting will go, but I feel awful this morning so I am definitely fasting until dinner. Oh, and looked at my tracker and I am ovulating (tomorrowish) so that would explain the scale being stubborn and the cravings and whatever else DH has blamed me of the last couple days. Darn ovulation is worse than PMS for me.
DH sprung on me at the last minute this morning there is a speaker he would like me to bring DS out to tonight and/or possibly stay myself if I thought I could sit on bleachers (right!). So now I am not sure what I will do about eating. I have to talk with him later to get the details on time and all.

I am going to do some kind of workout this week! My doctors appointment is tomorrow so hopefully she can help guide me. I am feeling much better, but am keeping that appt. so I have some answers as to what is wrong.

Did I mention I hate the Monday after time change?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
good morning well i guess it's afternoon by now lol....we are all very tired today and im totally blaming the daylight savings time change...ughh...i slept in this morning which felt good, now DH is asleep again...both kids are tired, my younger son and his cousin, who's been over since yesterday with us...my son is 5 and his cousin is 7...ive spent the morning in my lazy clothes and am doing laundry....i cleaned up the boys' disgusting bathroom, cleaned up the living room and did other random cleaning stuff around here...laundry will take all day...DH is leaving for a business trip tomorrow morning early and sundays are laundry days so he'll leave with nice clean clothes...

i love those days when i can just stay home and the house is clean and quiet and im getting chores done...i need to make a stop at the store in awhile, hoping they have the bookshelf in that we want to get, will need to take the truck...

im not working out today...sundays just mentally arent for working out for me..it's strange, i can work out any other day of the week just fine, no matter how busy i am or what's going on, but on sundays i just have ZERO motivation or desire to run...so i'm calling it a rest day....my shoulders have been really sore too, im assuming from running
I'm with you, I don't really like working out on Sundays either. Hope you got all the laundry done and I agree, time change is the
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #49
~Krystal~

S/C/G: 160.2~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Very quick post from me before my morning run in Nashville

I just love it here! The weather is awesome, the people are awesome, the shopping is out of this world (compared to Memphis--what isn't??)!!!

I think I have overeaten breakfast! UGH!

I managed a 5.3 mile run yesterday. I could have gone longer, but I was out of road! I didn't run downtown where the 1/2 Mary will be. It is mostly UPHILL!! This is going to really suck. I seriously will be doing good to walk this race.

Last night, we ate at Margaritaville. I overate. Oh well. DH and I NEVER go out to eat anymore. I had 2 Pina Coladas, 1 crabcake, a couple of onion rings, and a few nachos from his plate. The experience wasn't the same as when I went to the Margaritaville in Cozumel Nashville doesn't have the Caribbean as a backyard!

JO: You should be just fine with spiking and fasting. Many of MFP do this and are successful.

KRISTIINA: That is a tough line to draw with your friends. 1. You're so tempted just by being around the lifestyle. 2. They expect for you to partake in food and drink with them. 3. You have your own goals, but you want & need to participate in the social realm.
I think you could find a balance, despite the temptations.

ALASKAN: on your running!! I am so excited and impressed. No doubt you are setting yourself up for success with a 5K!! You can do it

Gotta scram. I am running and then shopping today before heading back home.
I wish we could have stayed 3 or 4 days here. Have a great Monday everyone!
Oh, I'm going to Trader Jo's for the first time later on. What should I buy? We don't have one in Memphis.

Last edited by K9Owner : 03-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #50
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
First of all, who puts flour in an omelet??? I have never heard of that, ever.

YUCK! Who does that??

Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #51
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning my cough/cold keeps lingering and/or returning, not sure which...i'll feel fine for a day, then sick for a morning, fine that afternoon, coughing at night etc...i felt fine all day and began coughing last night, still coughing this morning

had to get up extra early on this time change monday (ugh) because DH had to be at the airport by 6 a.m. for a business trip...he'll be back in a few days...it's still dark out but looks like it might NOT rain today!! my bike is in working order again, thanks to DH who pulled it out and got it ready for me to ride again...it was SO NICE outside yesterday until literally the time i came home with a tire pump and it started pouring rain and slush...i'd like to ride my bike this morning but it's also really cold...i have a hard time working out when i'm cold, my bones and joints just feel old and creaky and it never goes well...i know i'll be at the gym later, like it or not LOL

time to go wake the kids up for school
Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #52
Fat to Fab and Fit

I KNOW!! They make these FAB baked omelets and I guess they add a table spoon or two with milk in the batter to make it "fluffier". Self raising flour

What ticks me off; when the waitress asked if I wanted pancakes or toast, I said I have a gluten allergy and if I could have something else like tomatoes or hash browns... she never informed me that the omelet had flour.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #53

Sum, now you have me craving an omelet! Course, 18 hours into a fast, lots of things start to sound delish. How's it going for you today?
I have a headache that I think is more related to hormones than fasting, but I may have to cut it short because of it. I'm still going for now though...

Krystal, glad you are having a great time! That sux about the uphill race route

Alaskan, I had to chuckle about the creaky bones, right there with ya!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #54
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am ovulating as well Jo...lol And I have a slight headache as well. But I am doing quite well, no real hunger. Today I am having a lot easier time than I did on Friday.

Have fun shopping Krystal!

Alaskan!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #55

Quote:
I am ovulating as well Jo...lol And I have a slight headache as well. But I am doing quite well, no real hunger. Today I am having a lot easier time than I did on Friday.

Have fun shopping Krystal!

Alaskan!
Okay, I just realized that with the time change, I am not as far along as I thought I was I was thinking about how fast this day has passed by and then it hit me
I don't think I want to eat as late as 7/7:30, so I will probably go for about 22 hours or so today and eat around 5:30. Still a good one.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #56
Fat to Fab and Fit

I think that is awesome Jo! 22 hrs is nothing to sneeze at
I sort of started IF last week, and this fasting "thing" is getting easier. I have no hunger nor cravings.... strange (for me ) I think I will follow 19 h fast and 5 h eating window for Tuesday and Wednesday and do 22-24 hour fast on Thursday. -- I started following a thread called eat-stop-eat here at 3FC and what I gather, fasting gets easier over time.

I think we are doing AWESOME, and I am soooo happy you are doing this with me. It really helps! I keep thinking about you and your cravings and I don't want to let you down.

ETA: Can't wait when Krystal can join us!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #57

Quote:
I think that is awesome Jo! 22 hrs is nothing to sneeze at
I sort of started IF last week, and this fasting "thing" is getting easier. I have no hunger nor cravings.... strange (for me ) I think I will follow 19 h fast and 5 h eating window for Tuesday and Wednesday and do 22-24 hour fast on Thursday. -- I started following a thread called eat-stop-eat here at 3FC and what I gather, fasting gets easier over time.

I think we are doing AWESOME, and I am soooo happy you are doing this with me. It really helps! I keep thinking about you and your cravings and I don't want to let you down.

ETA: Can't wait when Krystal can join us!!
I know, I always think, "well, Kristiina is doing it too"!
Oooh, maybe I will pop into that thread too one of these days. I have been engrossed in an old closed thread (probably the same people) that came up when I searched for IF.
I have to say today has been a pc. of cake. Not sure if it is because I spiked yesterday or if it is just truly getting easier, but today I am gooooood! Oh and that dull headache is gone, bonus!
I was thinking the same, a smaller window the next two days, probably 5 also, and then fast again Thursday. I will have to make plans for the weekend too so it doesn't turn out to be a wash. I don't think I am going to spike again until I can get some workouts under my belt.
I was just working out my calorie needs (again). Seems like I am always tweaking my calorie needs. It is hard right now without working out. Hoping for good suggestions from my doctor tomorrow
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
Fat to Fab and Fit

I did it, but my dinner was not the best. -- We had no formal dinner plans because everyone was going at different directions and I ended up making nachos for myself I feel really full, even though I did not eat THAT much.
How are you Jo?

So 5 hour eating window for tomorrow?

What time is your doctor appointment tomorrow? Do you think it is broken?

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #59

Quote:
I did it, but my dinner was not the best. -- We had no formal dinner plans because everyone was going at different directions and I ended up making nachos for myself I feel really full, even though I did not eat THAT much.
How are you Jo?

So 5 hour eating window for tomorrow?

What time is your doctor appointment tomorrow? Do you think it is broken?
Yes! Plan for 5 hours tomorrow.
I ate at about the 22 hour mark today (I think, got tired of calculating it )
I had a huge 1000 calorie salad I was still hungry a little while later so then had a couple hard boiled eggs and a fiber one brownie. Now I am full full full!
Yes, my appt. is tomorrow at 2:40. Ironically (or not) I feel great today. I am actually starting to be able to sit straight in a chair and (almost) lean back. Yes, I do believe it is broken. I am noticing some pain now mid/lower back when I try to bend back. I think this is where I hit the step behind me when my butt hit. I hope there is nothing wrong there. At this point, I want to know where it is injured/broken and how long and what type of recovery to expect. Hopefully I can find out that much. My doctor is really a minimalist, so I hope she takes it seriously.
I am going to try to go outside for a walk tomorrow and see how it feels. I don't think easy walking will be too jarring to inhibit healing. My friends neck is doing better and she wants to get back to walking Thursday. I really hope I can. I miss those 400 calorie + burns and the resulting "buzz" from it
Nachos sound delish! I think that is like pizza, there's a lot of healthy stuff that goes on top so how bad can it be? What type of chips do you eat to avoid gluten? Speaking of which, how are you feeling?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #60
~Krystal~

Gosh, I sooooo wanna be doing IF right now, but when???
That's the question!
If I had an exclusive schedule @ work, it would be so much easier.
If I weren't training for this 1/2 Mary, it would be so much easier!!
This too shall pass...
In May, after this race, I am hopefully going to Lake Tahoe for a week.
Then afterwards, I'm seriously doing a lower carb, high protein, IF, heavy lifting routine!!
I'm considered "skinny fat" atm, & I hate the way I look & I HATE that terminology!!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.