3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

I think I will aim at least 1400 cal for tomorrow, and if I work out, I will eat some of those calories back as well.

I feel really good today. Not shaky, or sick to my stomach.

It has been kinda of a long day, and I have thought about you as well Definitely kept me going!

I think I have drained two pots of green tea. These next few hours will be trying times. -- They say it will get easier over time.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #32

Okay, I am hungry now!
I don't think it is helping right now that the kids are home raiding the pantry and asking about dinner. Oh, and I thought I had fish filets but I don't so I will have to find something else easy from the freezer. . .I will have those sweet potatoes though, been looking forward to those all day. And a big salad, mmmm
In the last stretch now and I will make it. I have felt surprisingly well too.
I figured out (duh) if I eat 1600 tomorrow and 800 today, it is like 1200 each day, which makes me feel better about things. Plus the benefits of fasting to boot!
I think I would have caved around 2 or 3 if I was doing this alone. I would have thought, what the heck, good enough. But I knew you were right there with me so I kept on a going

Last edited by jomatho : 03-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
Fat to Fab and Fit

We made it! I could have never done it without you, Jo.

I did not even finish my entire dinner, I was stuffed. -- I wanted to shovel that food into my mouth, but I intentionally ate like a proper lady

This may have been a tough day, but this may be a great thing in a long run curbing my appetite.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #34

covering my ears! I haven't eaten yet! Still waiting for DH to call, he had to make a stop on the way home, ugh. Although, in reality, I wasn't done eating last night until 6:30 so I am still well within my 24 hours. . .
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #35
Fat to Fab and Fit

So how do you feel Jo? -- I feel great! My scale went down 1 pound. I am sure it probably won't stick, but it just feels good that I emptied my system of all extra food and now starting afresh.

146.5 lbs I saw it once after Winter Park trip before TOM started acting up. -- I am totally motivated to follow IF now, it just seems to go with my system. I can't believe that 145, potentially, could be achieved by Friday. That is my 1/2 way point and 20 pound loss mark. -- I am literally maybe 3 pounds away from all my 8's fitting. They give me a slight muffin top, I just hate any spillage I am starting to swim on my 10's and I need to belt them up.

So plan for today is to wait to eat until I feel like it. My guess it will be around 1 pm. I am sipping green tea instead of coffee; I can't drink it black

What is your plan?

where is Krystal? I miss her!!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #36

Morning Sum!
I feel weird today. I woke up feeling very hungry and weak. I got up and laid down on the couch and fell back to sleep until 9:30. That is soooo not like me. I took a muscle relaxer last night after dinner and I think it is kicking my butt. The dosage says 3x per day, so I would think it would be gone by now, but that's the only thing I can think of. So I just ate my normal breakfast and I am uncomfortably full Weird!
Last night when I started eating I felt as if I could binge, so I can see how that would be a problem for people. I ate what I planned and was still pretty hungry, but I let it ride and I think the muscle relaxer knocked me out before I could do anything about it
My scale is down a little over a pound the last couple days, but since last week this time, I am only down a few ounces. Still bouncing around the same pounds over and over again. I may show a little loss tomorrow on my tickers, but I honestly cannot remember if I raised them when I gained or not, so it may look better than it is
I like the whole process with fasting and eating but I am not sure my system is used to it yet. It is supposed to give your digestion a break but I feel like mine is going on a vacation. That is so not like me, I am pretty darn regular. So I have to figure out how to remedy that.
So with all that in mind, I am eating regularly timed meals today, aiming for about 1300-1500 calories. Not sure what I will do tomorrow.
Just sipping on my delicious coffee now man, I miss that!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #37

Sum, I almost forgot, on that pound, you are cruising now, keep it up!

Looks like Krystal worked again last night, so she is probably sleeping. Hopefully she is done now for a few days and can join in on our fun!

Hope Deb is loading up on Vitamin D!!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #38
~Krystal~

S/C/G: 160.2~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hellooooo!!! Gosh, it is so glad to be missed!!
This is the 1st time I have looked at this site in like 3 days! That is the longest time I've been unaccountable since last April. I have missed each of you dearly!!!

I am not off the wagon--I am up 6 lbs on the scale, but it is from lactic acid and pizza last Wednesday. IDK how long it will take for my legs to go down. They were burning so badly Thurs & Fri from lifting Wednesday night. I just wanted to cry!! Add a very, VERY busy 2 nights at work and you have set me up for a great time to SLEEP!!

I literally slept for 12 hours Saturday! The whole dang day!!!

I have been eating at maintenance cals, and even though I had no idea you 2 were fasting, I was fasting myself
We have a link I tell you!!

So, my fast started at 8am Saturday morning and ended at midnight Saturday night--so 16hrs. THe only regret I have is that a RN had a whole bag of mini Crunch bars and I ate 8--YES EIGHT (OCHO) (KAHDEKSAN) of them!! Like 500 cals worth of friggin chocolate!

Another thing, I have NOT been drinking my 64 oz of water a day like I'm supposed to, which has me all screwed up!

So, Sunday--DH and I are going to Nashville for the day/night. I want to go to LuLu Lemon and the main reason--to walk/run the 1/2 Mary course!!!
I am getting really excited about my race, but I am scared b/c I have been running on that darn treadmill!
So, 4 hrs in the car for me each way!!

No Spike for me this wknd, I had that Wednesday with the fest!!!

Happi Sunday!! Enjoy Daylight Savings Time!! I love this time!! 1 hour CLOSER to summer

Hi Melissa!! So glad to see you

Old 03-11-2012, 03:06 AM   #39
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i am here ive had a very busy week and we've all been a little sick...i took two days off from the treadmill this week because my throat hurt so bad but on thursday i walked for 45 minutes at a 15% incline up to 3.8 speed, no running because i didnt want to tax my body too much...on friday i ran one mile at 5.0, which is up from the usual 4.7 that ive been at for a month or more...it's HARD to run at 5.0 and takes every inch of willpower to push out a mile without stopping...so did that and then walked incline for the rest of the 45 minutes...today i ran a mile and a half at 5.0 with a minute walk break between the mile and the half mile...omggg HARD! and then incline walked for the rest of the 45 minutes...im SO SORE lol
Old 03-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #40
~Krystal~

S/C/G: 160.2~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

This week, I work Thurs, Sat, Sun
This extra time SUX!!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #41
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am so upset with myself

I have been living in total isolation for the past 3 months. I wanted it that way, I wanted to focus on my health and weigh loss and my social life was not good friend what came to my weight loss journey.

I miss my friends dearly and stay in touch via phone etc. but I have been avoiding all face to face contact.

My friends decided to pop in last night, because they basically said enough is enough and wanted to see me.

So they brought wine, cocktail meatballs, cheese, nut trailmix and fruit.... I drained a bottle of wine, ate all night long. I don't even know how many calories worth but I am guessing 2500-3000 calories.

We played cards and, talked and laughed...it was REALLY nice, but I can't slip back into my old ways.

How do you handle social life and friends? -- All my friends love to eat and enjoy wine... I miss my friends, but I am afraid of seeing them

Scale was 148...I thought for sure I would be over 150.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #42
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo... I can't handle muscle relaxes either. They usually make me tired for 36 hours. Tylenal PM does the same.

Krystal; I missed you!! 7 pounds? I am so sorry! That is so mentally draining to see that!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #43

Sum, sorry about the great time you had last night, that sounds really funny, but I worded it that way on purpose. You had a great time with your friends. You don't do that every day and it is life. I think we have to keep in our minds this is going to happen both during our weight loss journey and in maintenance. If you were in maintenance, you probably wouldn't think anything of it, even if you gained a few, and you would get right back to plan and that weight would fall off. So you do the same thing now. You didn't gain and maybe you would have lost a little more if you hadn't indulged, but you have to get right back to plan today and continue on. And if you do gain a little, it will fall back off. If you don't gain, great, continue on with the losing. I know it is so much easier for me to say, but looking from the outside in is much easier to see how minor it is in the grand scheme. Just don't let it turn into an all the time thing. Maybe you should think about doing it once a month and plan for a fast before and after to make up for the calories. I don't know if that sounds appealing to you or not, but just a suggestion. I am here for you and we are going to finish this thing if it takes us another year!
If it makes you feel any better, I had seconds at dinner last night of both my salad and the main dish! I have to go back and adjust my diary to reflect the extra cals, but oh well. And, I am back up those 1.5-2 pounds on the scale this morning, so even worse than what you faced! It sucks, yes, but will I quit, NO!
So my plan today is to eat normally again, get in an early dinner so I can fast until dinner Monday. Are you with me? We can do this. I bet you will still see a loss this week, kind of like what a Spike day does for you.

Last edited by jomatho : 03-11-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #44
Fat to Fab and Fit

Absolutely Jo. I feel bloated and yucky today. -- I will eat dinner around 5 pm that way I feel I can "cheat" one hour tomorrow

Thanks for the suggestions....I wish everything did not evolve around food and wine with my friends. I wish we could do walks etc

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #45
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning well i guess it's afternoon by now lol....we are all very tired today and im totally blaming the daylight savings time change...ughh...i slept in this morning which felt good, now DH is asleep again...both kids are tired, my younger son and his cousin, who's been over since yesterday with us...my son is 5 and his cousin is 7...ive spent the morning in my lazy clothes and am doing laundry....i cleaned up the boys' disgusting bathroom, cleaned up the living room and did other random cleaning stuff around here...laundry will take all day...DH is leaving for a business trip tomorrow morning early and sundays are laundry days so he'll leave with nice clean clothes...

i love those days when i can just stay home and the house is clean and quiet and im getting chores done...i need to make a stop at the store in awhile, hoping they have the bookshelf in that we want to get, will need to take the truck...

im not working out today...sundays just mentally arent for working out for me..it's strange, i can work out any other day of the week just fine, no matter how busy i am or what's going on, but on sundays i just have ZERO motivation or desire to run...so i'm calling it a rest day....my shoulders have been really sore too, im assuming from running
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.