3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Slow Dancing With A Stranger {9} "March Madness"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

I got rid of that dang chart on my siggy, it was annoying me.

Sum, thanks so much, I just got back from the fruit market with a big ol jar of dill pickles thanks to you. I never buy pickles, but love the real dilly garlic ones that taste like home canned. I happened to be passing by the pickle display of all the local jarred pickles and couldn't resist. I would never have paid any attention to the display if you hadn't just talked about your pickle fest the other night. So thanks so much, NOT! I hope they are good!

Last edited by jomatho : 03-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Melissa
 
berryblondeboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,899

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

Looking back, ideally I would like to eat my dinner around 3:30 pm and then have something light around 6 or 7.... family always complains when I do that because they want me eating with them....I think it was part of the reason for my weight gain....looking back a few years, I naturally went till 3 or later and then ate....family was fed around 5 and out of "guilt" to have a family dinner, I ate again and got fat....hmmmmm....

So, I guess I need to inform them that I will have a snack with them, but I will follow my gut....lol...and eat earlier.
I know I'm not a welcome member to this thread, but just wanted to add that I totally get this. I came to the same conclusion recently. Since like always I have been hungry in the first part of the day, but would eat the most at the end of the day when we were all together as a family because that just seemed the right thing to do.

My husband and older son are definitely hungriest in the evening. They eat light all day. I'm opposite. I prefer to eat most earlier in the day. So, lately I have taken to eating most of my calories by 3:30 pm and if anything have some veggies at dinner while the rest of them eat. Waiting to eat until dinner just makes the day miserable for me - I think about food all day long and it tortures me to save calories for dinner. But it doesn't bother me at all to finish eating for the day by 4 pm and eat nothing until 7 am the next morning. It's like my stomach turns off after 4 pm if I've fed it well.

My older son doesn't like it and I think it bugs my mother in law, but my husband gets it.

When salad weather time comes soon, I'll just make huge salads for dinner, that will help with feeling I'm still part of dinner, but for now, it's all about what I need and not what they want from me. Doing that just made me fat.
__________________
My journey to a healthier lifestyle blog: http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/



berryblondeboys is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

Melissa, everyone is welcome here who struggle with her/his weigh loss We all seem to struggle with even small losses and are constantly trying something new, but not giving up. - I have, personally, gained a lot of strength and willpower from this thread. I am at my lowest weight in years right now. I know I don't have a lot to shed, but the next 20-25 pounds seem like 1000 to me. I guess the last are always the most difficult to achieve.

Jo, I was thinking about doing atleast one 24 hour fast per week; dinner to dinner. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my biggest pig out days, strange because most people struggle with weekends. ~ I think I hate being home alone; I miss my family... Mondays I am too busy getting all cleaned up and groceries bought etc. and then the lonely life without family hits me .... I used to do lunches with my girlfriends on those days, but I gave them up in December in hopes NOT to over eat; need to reconsider that aspect as well ~ Therefore I would pick one of those days. Just to keep me OP. What would be a good day for you? It would be easier to do it together, I think.
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-08-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Melissa, everyone is welcome here who struggle with her/his weigh loss We all seem to struggle with even small losses and are constantly trying something new, but not giving up. - I have, personally, gained a lot of strength and willpower from this thread. I am at my lowest weight in years right now. I know I don't have a lot to shed, but the next 20-25 pounds seem like 1000 to me. I guess the last are always the most difficult to achieve.

Jo, I was thinking about doing atleast one 24 hour fast per week; dinner to dinner. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my biggest pig out days, strange because most people struggle with weekends. ~ I think I hate being home alone; I miss my family... Mondays I am too busy getting all cleaned up and groceries bought etc. and then the lonely life without family hits me .... I used to do lunches with my girlfriends on those days, but I gave them up in December in hopes NOT to over eat; need to reconsider that aspect as well ~ Therefore I would pick one of those days. Just to keep me OP. What would be a good day for you? It would be easier to do it together, I think.
Sum, I am game for any day right now. Once baseball starts, I would have to work around that. In the back of my mind, I was thinking Mon or Thurs (haha, the opposite of you), but really I don't think it matters to me, they are all equally as easy or hard depending on the day/week. So you pick the day and I will join you.
Yesterday I ate between 11a and 7p and today I ate between 2p and (will be) 7p. So the leangains method 16/8 and the fast5 are both doable for me. I actually enjoyed both days quite a bit. I will definitely have to watch my calories though, I think I could tend to go too low, especially if/when I can exercise. Not sure how it will feel with exercise involved either.

And I agree with Melissa, it is all about what we need right now, we have to put ourselves first with this, as Moms we are always putting our family first, living by their activities and schedules. If changing a little bit about the timing of our meals makes such a big difference for us, we should do that and do it without guilt.

Where is K9????????

I think Deb is on vacation right?

Hi Alaskan, great job with the running, I am so jealous!!!
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

hehe Jo Maybe we could try Monday and Thursday; that way I would not feel bad about eating more on T&W, and perhaps start meeting my much missed friends again on Tuesday or Wednesday, without any guilt. Win/win for both of us.

I did well today I started eating around 2 and I am just about done. I walked my pole walking; 5.4 miles and we did 150 reverse lunges. I am sore!! My legs are going to be sizzling hot by summer Now I wish I could do something about the fat roll above my butt My legs are starting to look good, and measurements are great...my butt itself is looking decent, BUT I have this roll of fat that sits right above my butt.... what to do? I know just time will remove it. It is literally a tire that goes around me.... it is on my back side and right around my belly button, like a spare tire I remember having it at 133 pounds.... I always look thick
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

And Jo if you want, we could try to do our first 24 fast tomorrow? Starting tonite; dinner to dinner....just to see how it goes. And no pickles allowed
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
And Jo if you want, we could try to do our first 24 fast tomorrow? Starting tonite; dinner to dinner....just to see how it goes. And no pickles allowed
Let's do this! it feels strange to be excited about not eating instead of eating for a change!
Good news, I don't care for the pickles I bought, the kids are eating them for me!
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

It's kinda strange Krystal hasn't checked in the last couple days. I haven't been looking at my status updates on MFP, has she been posting meal diaries and exercise logs??? She wasn't supposed to work until tonight....

Where are you girlie?????

Eta, okay, I am just imagining things, she just popped in yesterday. Just not as vocal as usual I guess, miss you K9!

Last edited by jomatho : 03-08-2012 at 07:46 PM.
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #24
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

Okee Jo, our fast day is here. -- I will miss my half and half on these days. I loathe black coffee.

I brewed a pot of green tea and rosehip tea. I will enjoy it hot at first and then as ice tea later. I am armed with bubbly water as well. I think if I keep drinking all day long (well that sounded like fun ), I will fight through the hunger episodes that will hit me around 2 or 3 pm. Dinner is planned at 6 pm.
I am prepping it this morning, that way i will just pop it in the oven and I avoid the pre dinner sampling. I am ready
Good luck Jo!

I had my lowest official weigh in; 147.5 I saw 146.5 one morning, 2+ weeks ago, but maybe I was dehydrated... I am hoping to reach 145 lbs by the end of this month.

I don't know if i should do my walk with my today.... atleast not add the poles and lunges, what do you think?

I think Krystal was working last night? -- She picked up some extra shifts last weekend, and I think she was back to her "normal" schedule.

I hope Deb is having fun under the sun.
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Okee Jo, our fast day is here. -- I will miss my half and half on these days. I loathe black coffee.

I brewed a pot of green tea and rosehip tea. I will enjoy it hot at first and then as ice tea later. I am armed with bubbly water as well. I think if I keep drinking all day long (well that sounded like fun ), I will fight through the hunger episodes that will hit me around 2 or 3 pm. Dinner is planned at 6 pm.
I am prepping it this morning, that way i will just pop it in the oven and I avoid the pre dinner sampling. I am ready
Good luck Jo!

I had my lowest official weigh in; 147.5 I saw 146.5 one morning, 2+ weeks ago, but maybe I was dehydrated... I am hoping to reach 145 lbs by the end of this month.

I don't know if i should do my walk with my today.... atleast not add the poles and lunges, what do you think?

I think Krystal was working last night? -- She picked up some extra shifts last weekend, and I think she was back to her "normal" schedule.

I hope Deb is having fun under the sun.
we are already 15 hours in, 9ish to go!!!
YES, I miss my coffee the most too. I am a flavored creamer girl, so I miss the cream and sweetness. I am sipping a black cup right now and it is so icky, but I just miss that hot cup and although I drink tea occasionally, it is just not the same.

As for your walk, I say do what feels good. Lots of people have great workouts while fasting. Still not sure how you do all those lunges anyways. Lunges are my nemesis! I feel they are the best move you can do if you had to pick one though, so good for you!!!!!!

Yup, I have dinner all planned out, just going to broil some fish filets and throw in some sweet potato fries or tator tots with it and a salad, maybe a veg. No fuss. I am a sampler while I cook too. I cook by taste, but I also like to nibble while I cook

Yesterday you were talking about your "spare tire". I wonder if you will see a difference with IF. There is evidence that you can burn much more fat while eating the same amt. of calories and still maintain your lean muscle. I hope you do! I have a lot of fat left on my hips and stomach too . If not, there is always liposuction during your tummy tuck

Awesome on the low weigh in

My scale appears as if it may want to move this week too. I know weigh ins can be up and down especially with ESE though, so we should be cautiously optimistic
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #26
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

Just checking in how you are doing Jo? I am going pretty strong. I was hungry after my walk and 150 lunges but it passed.
I won't get 24 hours in but 23.... Cam has baseball and snowboarding in his plans and he needs an early dinner.
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Just checking in how you are doing Jo? I am going pretty strong. I was hungry after my walk and 150 lunges but it passed.
I won't get 24 hours in but 23.... Cam has baseball and snowboarding in his plans and he needs an early dinner.
I am hanging in there! So far only a couple insignificant rumbles from my stomach, although I find myself thinking about food here and there
Depending on when DH gets home, mine will probably be a little shy by a half hour or hour too, but in my mind it will be 24 hours
I find myself thinking about you a lot today!!!
Glad you got in a good workout.
Important question: how much are you going to eat tonight?
jomatho is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

I already made a plan (cause I am looking forward to that meal ).... Salad with feta, tomatoes and some left over pork tenderloin, avocado and salmon. A little bit of olive oil to cook salmon in and salad dressing for the salad. About 750-800 calories.
ETA: I decided to go with avocado and salmon for their healthy fatty content.
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 03-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
Fat to Fab and Fit
 
Sum38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,578

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

Default

...and I am hoping to stop there. Tomorrow I will have a normal day. If I don't feel like eating before noon, I won't, but if I do I will
__________________







149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
jomatho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,411

Default

I was thinking around 800 cals too. I am just getting worried about not eating enough. I was wondering what to eat tomorrow too, I guess I will just eat normally tomorrow. Maybe after a week I will get a feel for how many calories I am taking in and adjust from there.
jomatho is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2