Default March madness for the Worldly chicks

Time to change the thread.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY MARCH WORLDLY CHICKS!!!

HERE'S HOPING FOR A BETTER MONTH FOR ALL OF US.
I KNOW I AM ALREADY WEARING MY SEATBELT!!

IT'S ALL GOOD HERE. HOPING THE DR COMES TODAY INSTEAD OF TOMORROW.
CAUSE THIS WAY IF ANYTHING IS WRONG NO HOSP VISIT ON A WEEKEND!!

BEEN CLEANING ON & OFF FOR NEXT WEEKS INSPECTION.
JEN & I ARE READY

RICHIE MADE CHICKEN &RICE AND IT WAS DELISH.
I NEED TO GET USED TO HIM USING LEMONS & LIMES ON EVERYTHING.
MUST BE A DOMINICAN THING CAUSE HIS MOM DID TOO.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

NOW I FORGOT WHAT EVERYONE SAID ON THE OTHER THREAD. BE RIGHT BACK......................

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-01-2012 at 09:08 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  
Happy September

I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN NOTES BUT I'LL TRY MY MEMORY............

SHAD.....HOPE MARCH IS BETTER FOR YOU!!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR STARTINGTHE NEW THREAD.
I COULD USE A MONTH OF MADNESS!!!
I WOULD FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!!!!

HAPPY.....I CANNOT WAIT TO SHOW JEN THE PICTURES YOU POSTED. SHE WILL BE THRILLED. WE TRIED DOING A SNOW DANCE OVER HERE BUT IT FAILED WE JUST WANTED ONE GOOD DUMPING THIS YEAR. TIRED OF RAIN!!! HOPE YOU GUYS GOT DUG OUT AND I AM SURE BY NEXT YEAR YOU AND DH WILL HAVE IT ALL SORTED OUT FOR A WINTER PANTRY AND EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY NEED BE CAREFUL WITH SHOVELING BOTH OF YOU!!!

ANNIE....IS THIS THE FAMILY THAT GOES TO THE DR STAYS TOGETHER??? IN THAT CASE MAYBE DR JESSICA WOULD TAKE ME TOO. I DON'T WANT TO FEEL LEFT OUT. BUT PLEASE TELL HER I WILL PASS ON THE BUTT INSPECTION.....THANK YOU!!!!!

CEEJAY......NO MATTER WHERE THE VACATION VISIT IS....I AM JUST GLAD YOU WILL BE GETTING AWAY. HOPE TODAY THAT YOU FEEL EVEN STRONGER. PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF

LAURA.......I AM NOT A DARK MOVIE FAN OR OF HORROR FLICKS!!
I LOVE DANIEL'S EYES AND HE IS ADORABLE. I SAW HIM IN ANOTHER MOVIE ON A PBS CHANNEL. WAS A STORY ABOUT WWI. HIS ACTING IS MUCH THE SAME AS IT WAS IN THE HP MOVIES. I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE HE IS "ON GUARD" AND NOT QUITE "RELAXED" IN HIS TRADE. HE GOT RAVE REVIEWS FOR THE PLAYS HE'S DONE.
I LOVE LAND'S END!! I BUY STUFF FOR THE KIDS THERE ON SALE. GLAD YOU FOUND SOME REPLACEMENTS. ENJOY.

MICHELLE.....WHAT CAN I SAY KIDDO? PRAYING FOR DH AND A FULL RECOVERY. HE REALLY NEEDS A BREAK HERE FOR SURE. I KNOW YOU'RE WORRYING BUT TRY TO BE CALM AND THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS. THEY REALLY DO WORK. DON'T FACE THE MUSIC UNTIL THE BAND BEGINS TO PLAY!!! AND IN DH'S CASE....HOPE THE BAND STAYS SILENT

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-01-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

Two Mastiffs gave birth to a total of 27 puppies in Germany...how adorable.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

Movin' our Muck outta March (and our bodies)....lol

MELLIE....hope the inspection goes well...I think mostly they are looking for destruction and whatnot. I am pretty sure your apt would pass with flying colors. I am sure Doc Jessica would take you too, she is so compassionate and knowledgeable. Not too happy about the b*tt plow I have to get tho. lol

SHADDIE...thanks for setting up the thread. Funny...Indiana is known for "March Maddness" in basketball. This year we have the women's professional bb champs and the men's champs.

Not much going on today around here....Pres from MI will be here tomorrow...sheese I think I am starting to feel ill. lol.

Hello to all my worldlie sistas...

Love and hugs.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
The dog picture is adorable. Oh my 27 babies at once. It's time for March Madness in Arkansas too.

Mel
I know that you and Jen will pass inspection with flying colors.

Morning to the rest.

Nothing new here except it proving to be a beautiful day. May need to get outside and get some vitamin d later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #8  

Morning all.

Shad - Thanks for setting up our March thread!

Ceejay - Hope you're feeling better than yesterday. So will your vacation proceed as you planned? Enjoy the beautiful day there. We've got gray and gloomy here today.

Mel - I'm sure you'll pass the inspection next week with flying colors!

Annie - Oh, I thought I heard Davey Jones' name on the radio today but didn't catch the story. He was so boyish, hard to think of him as being 66, and now he's gone. I remember seeing him when he guest starred on The Brady Bunch! Those pups are too adorable! Of course I had to google that and send a link to a couple dog lovers - including my bf. Short story and a few more photos: http://animaltracks.today.msnbc.msn....s-in-same-week

Greetings to the rest of the Worldlies!!
---
Nothing much to report. Last night was Pilates class. That class just seems to catch me unawares after the fact - sore muscles, stiffness. But I do notice a difference in my core area, so it'll be good to be taking it two days a week next session.

Have any of you every used a foam roller for stretching your muscles, especially when you've had a pulled muscle? I've read a couple blog posts recently about that and I wonder if that might help me with my hamstrings. I try to stretch regularly, but I'm wondering if the roller might be more effective. I should probably just go ahead and buy it, but you know those things cost about $25, which seems like a lot for a piece of foam, LOL. But I guess it is a particular type of foam...

Last edited by Laura705; 03-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super quick post....work is still crazy...and I'm still quite stressed about DH. I am not ready to cash in his life insurance any time soon.

Oh, and now I hear that we may get 4-8" of snow between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Just freakin' wonderful! NOT! At least we canceled our drive to Chicago on Saturday to play in a trivia tournament with a friend. DH said I could go if I wanted to...but (1) I didn't want to leave him alone for that long; and (2) I didn't want to do the drive down there and back late at night by myself.

Laura - I have used a foam roller to stretch/massage muscles and work out kinks and knots in muscles, especially leg and derrierre muscles...they work WONDERFULLY! I don't know the cost as my physical therapist gave me a small one for free. They do come in different lengths though...so maybe a small one would work for you.

Gotta get back to it.

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 03-01-2012 at 12:56 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #10  

Michelle - Ugh, hope your area doesn't get as much as forecast. Thanks for the feedback about the roller. I might just go ahead and buy one and then I'll have it.

Speaking of snow...Happy - Still digging out? Hope your power didn't go out!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Guess mother nature forgot to send as much snow in the early part of winter and now is dishing it out in the last days of winter. Hope its only 4 inches of snow instead of 8 inches. I have had the window open today.

Laura
I hear you on the Pilates. The moves seem easy enough but I find muscles I forgot about.

Shad
are you still snowed under at work?

Happy
Did you lose power?

------
I've been a sloth today. Girlfriend sent me a text message to go out to eat lunch and I did. Barely ate and sent the rest home with her. Came back home and slept the rest of the afternoon. I'm gonna fix potato soup for dinner.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Happy FRIDAY!! FO SHO!!!! Saturday to some...wink wink...

Had a nice cocktail with the group from work last night to send Andrea off to Phoenix with her hubby....she will be slightly missed....she was the one causing us stress at work....as it turns out...I am cleaning her townhouse condo after the movers leave and she heads to Phoenix this weekend...Probably 6 hours cleaning for most, 4 for me....Whirlwind Annie....she is paying me $150.00 bucks. Not bad for 4 hours work. I guess my cleaning skills are well known...lol

Going to babysit lil man Saturday night. Can hardly wait....I just love and enjoy him so much. And yes, it is easier to do that when you can send them home...I just always thought that was a cliche', but it is true! They wear you out then you send them home spoiled....

Highs today 68 and rainy...will take it, better than 20 and snow any day.

CEEG...nuttin' wrong with bein' a sloth just as long as it is not day after day. Sometimes we need days like that for our bodies to catch up with our ever moving minds....hugs.

CHELLE...please let us know how DHs doc appt goes and what they are doing for him....don't forget to take care of YOU, rest, nap, and relax. Everything can wait. Hope you don't get the snow they are predicting. Stay home and snuggle in.

SHADDIE....girlfriend, where the heck have they gotten you off to now...hopefully home and resting....I know, no rest for the weary...in my case..the wicked...lol.

LAURA...never used one of those foam rollers but did just get one of those big rubber balls with my Humana Vitality Bucks. Got has far as pumping it up. Now to apply some kind of exercise. I always have big ideas that never seems to come about.

HAPPY....come up for air. Hope you are not snowed under....of course, sit back, relax and enjoy the view...you don't have to go out in it to work!! JEALOUS!!

MELLIE.....how did the inspection go? You take it easy still...you are by no means out of the woods, so mind your p's and q's...don't make me bring the rolling pin after you.

Gotta get busy...big snot Prez from MI is here today. Blah.....

Have a marvelous Friday/Saturday....enjoy life, pifff on the BS in life.

LOVE AND HUGS....
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #13  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKLETTES

CRAPPY WEATHER AND I NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO DO.
FEELING THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE DR CALLED & CAME LAST NIGHT. STAPLES ARE OUT.
TOLD ME TO TREAT IT STILL LIKE AN OPEN WOUND BECAUSE IT'S DEEP.
HE SAT DOWN AND SAID WE NEED TO TALK. RUT ROH
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THIS ANY BETTER BUT HE WANTED ME TO UNDERSTAND HOW CLOSE I WAS TO NOT COMING HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL AND HOW SICK I WAS. I TOLD HIM I FULLY UNDERSTOOD LAST WEEK. WE HAD A LONG CHAT WITH LOTS OF DETAILS AND HUGGED AND SAID GOODBYE FOR A MONTH.
OF COURSE HE MADE ME SWEAR ON A STACK OF BIBLES THAT EITHER JEN OR I WOULD CALL ANYTIME ONE OF US SOUGHT MEDICAL HELP IN THE ER.
"OK, I GET IT, WE LOVE YOU TOO, SEE YOU IN APRIL"
I NEED AN MRI THAT MONTH FOR THE NODES.
HE WANTS TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T START OFF A SECONDARY INFECTION. GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WENT TO THE OFFICE YESTERDAY TO GET SOME GOVT PAPERS SENT OUT.
STILL NO CALL BACK FROM THE GOVT OFFICE THOUGH.
DOWNSTAIRS IS EVEN WORSE THAN JEN DESCRIBED. TOTAL CHAOS.
TENANTS ALL OVER ME. VERY SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS I MUST SAY.
WHEN I CAME BACK HERE I LOCKED THE DOOR
LIKE THE HOUNDS OF HE L L WERE CHASING ME
TODAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE REST TIME & BILL PAYING.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL FRIDAY!

ANNIE....LOVED THE PUPPIES. THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE.
GOOD LUCK TODAY WITH THE PRESIDENT. BE YOUR CHARMING SELF!!!
GOING TO GET THE MUCK OUT OF MY MARCH TOO....I HEAR YA SISTA!!!!
NICE CLEANING JOB. MAYBE I SHOULD RENT MYSELF OUT!!
THE INSPECTIONS FOR OUR FLOOR IS MARCH 8TH. BUT I AM READY!!

CEEJAY.....AS SOON AS THE SUN COMES OUT HERE I WILL BE OUTSIDE WITH YOU!!
WE NEED TO GET OUR DOSE OF ALL THE VITAMINS AND FEEL SOME WARMTH ON OUR SKIN!!
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY. NOT READY FOR GOING OUT TO LUNCH YET I GUESS

LAURA....WHATEVER YOU DO JUST BE CAREFUL.....FOAM ROLLER????
WE DON'T WANT YOU LAID UP FOR THE SUMMER!
DO YOU HAVE ANY ACCESS TO A TRAINER OR PT PERSON TO ASK??
OR MAYBE VIDEOS THAT ARE SPECIFIC TO THAT AREA. THEY USED TO HAVE A BUNCH ON GAIAM(SP) WEBSITE.

MICHELLE....GLAD YOU CANCELED THE TRIP. JUST WHAT DH WOULD WANT....HEATED ROOM WITH PEOPLE CARRYING GERMS.
HOPE THE SNOW ISN'T TOO BAD. GOOD LUCK
WE ESCAPED THE SNOW WITCH......SHE FLEW NORTH OF US!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #14  

Morning all. TGIF!

Mel - Cute graphic. What a caring doc you have - you're very lucky to have him back for you and Jen! Sorry the office is in a shambles. Good you hightailed it back to safety!!! Re foam rollers - there's a lot of information on the internet about using them, and I can also ask my Pilates instructor, who is also a trainer.

Annie - Always nice getting paid good money for something you like to do! Re your fitness ball - big one, right? There's all kinds of great exercises you can do. I remember a routine from Jazzercise that I'll call "ride 'em cowboy" and boy did I feel that in my quads!! And crunches on the ball are good too. All I have to say is please be very careful!! The wobbliness is what makes you use your muscles to remain stable, but I've seen people fall off the ball and heard stories of injuries. link: http://www.ball-exercises.com/index.html

Ceejay - Good for the slothfulness! Sounds like your tummy's still not 100%. I think more slothfulness is required for a full recovery.

Shad - are you home now? Hope you've dug out from being "snowed under". Not to be confused with snowed in, which may apply to both Happy and Michelle...

Happy - Still shoveling? Hope you and dh are taking it easy and taking a lot of breaks - it'll either still be there waiting for you, or it'll melt, so no hurry!

Michelle - How did hubby's dr appts go? And how are YOU feeling? All the busyness at work and worry about dh couldn't have helped. I hope your work at home day is much calmer.

Hi Mary.
---
Trying to use up my fitness passport. Next week is busy, so I went to a circuit class last night. It was okay, except I pulled something on the left side of my booty when I was getting up from the mat. Ouch! I think it's either an upper hamstring or some kind of glute muscle. I could probably use a foam roller about now. I also saw something about using a tennis ball to serve the same purpose!! I'm laughing thinking about rolling around with a tennis ball under my butt, LOL. Doggy wouldn't think anything of it - he seems to enjoy rolling around on the rug on top of his toys!

Nothing going on tonight. I need to do some cleaning because my friend is going to stay over at the house Saturday night. Saturday morning I have a blood draw for my upcoming physical, so I'll have to stop eating by 9:30 tonight.

After the blood draw Sat. morning, I'm going to an exercise class. I think it's one my cousin goes to, so I hope to see her there. After that - more cleaning.

My friend and I are going out to dinner and then to see a band at a place near the house on Saturday evening. Should be fun. Bf has a 50th bday party to attend that he excused me from, lol. He doesn't plan on staying too long himself, so he might meet us later to see the band.

That's about it for me. Have a good weekend everyone!!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Busy day today...started work early because I'm leaving at noon to take DH to see the thoracic (lung) surgeon at the best hospital in Wisconsin. I almost hope they do admit him because I think he needs to be on oxygen, and IV medications.

I have to work tonight doing report implementations...but if the situation with DH is really bad - like ICU bad, then I have a co-worker who agreed to cover for me if I can't do it.

We're supposed to get nearly 8" of snow between this afternoon and tomorrow morning, so I'm going to try and see if I can get a neighbor to help me clear it as I'm not over my bronchitis yet. Otherwise I'll just do what I can a little at a time. The doggies are supposed to get groomed tomorrow, but I may cancel that. Between not knowing what will happen with DH and the snow storm...I'm a bit stressed. Trying to keep calm though and deal with things as they come rather than worry.

Sorry I'm so far behind on personals. I hope you all are doing well.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote