3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

March madness for the Worldly chicks

Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #91
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

LAURA.....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COWORKER.
YOU WILL BE A BUSY GAL THIS WEEKEND WITH LUNCH AND STUFF.
I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR THE DR APPT WENT SO WELL.
GOOD FOR YOU AND A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS
MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR WE CHICKS CAN SHED A FEW LBS!!
I IMAGINE A LIVE TRAINER IS SO MUCH BETTER.
HAVE A FRIEND THAT WAS DOING SO WELL WITH HERS.
WHEN I WAS LOSING WEIGHT, I DID TAI CHI.
IT'S STRENUOUS IN A WEIRD WAY LIKE YOGA AND LOSES LBS!!
BUT I WAS A LOT MORE AGILE THEN!!!
ENJOY YOUR LUNCH!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-10-2012 at 10:12 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #92
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Make the most of today because tomorrow we get shorted out an hour (for those in the daylight savings time zone).

Weather is warming up here supposed to be 50 today and even kissing the 60 degree mark next week. Of course we have over a foot of snow to melt so that means we move into mud season but I will be happy just to sit on the deck and soak up the sun and warm air. DH was looking over the yard with binoculars and we have lost a few tree limbs due to the recent heavy snow so there will be lots to pick up in the yard. He also did the taxes and it's a shame for as much money as we put out and lost on the TN house, we are only getting pretty much lunch money back Interesting how the government will tax you on the profits of your house when you sell but you are not allowed to deduct for capital losses I'm thinking we should fire up the grill for dinner tonight - I miss my grilled food although DH put it in my head for pizza so now I can't get my mind off that. Yesterday we went out for a burger at a local place and then took a long drive just to see what there was to see (trees and rivers and trees and rivers ) Maybe we will go out for another drive tomorrow. DH is looking for ATV paths and picturesque spots to stop at and snap a picture and have a picnic lunch. He can't wait to go out riding. And I have alot of housework to do today because he sprung the idea of going out for a burger yesterday and I really didn't get anything done here. ANd that's all the babbling I have to say

Mel - it figures that the alarms act up when they know Sheriff Mel is back on the job That was funny with the squirrel massage - it's more like we are chasing them off the property. They are little buggers Interesting that Tai Chi helped you lose weight. I guess it's got to do with that muscle control thing. I hope the sun comes out to greet you - it just gives a nice little boost to how one feels.

Laura - I sort of agree that it's better to be in a class where they show you the right moves rather than trying to follow a tape. However, you need to get the right instructor who actually walks around and helps the students if they are off track. Not many like that. I had a personal trainer for a few months - it was pricey but I thought so worth it. Sorry to hear about your co-worker. Goes to show you how you need to let go of the little niggles and enjoy life because no one knows how long they really have on this earth.

Shad since you are such an early morning person, I can understand how night shift would get your totally screwed up. I'm glad for you that it's over. Didn't see the pictures you said you posted here but I did see them on Facebook - that's quite a bright green frog! Loved the roadside cockatoos also.

Guess I better get off this computer and get something done before the morning is totally lost. Love to the chicks - enjoy your weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #93
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok....this is Bella's last chance...Curtis seems to have her in control....he stood up to her...which took about 10 minutes...she finally conceded and shut up, went into her cage....Curtis has to be the alpha male and take control...he is willing to do so until it does not work anymore....so far she is bowing down to the alpha. Let us pray it is all good. I have reservations, but until proven differently, I will take it as I cannot stand the thought of putting her down...Bella you better do as Curtis the Alpha says....

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #94
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A quick post to say to Annie....I sure hope Hella B behaves. DH is definitely the alpha in our house...followed by the 3 dogs...and I rank somewhere in the realm of a squeaky toy. Sending you much love, sista.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I worked last night and had to get up too early to take the dogs to the groomers....so I've been dragging most of the afternoon, which is a bummer because I have A TON of website work to do.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #95
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Back from Jonesboro--It was a busy trip. We went shopping. Had my hair cut now I need to cover the gray again, ugh always something.
Bff kept her step grand baby and she was a joy. I did not hear her mother come and pick her up.

Laura
Great job with the doctors visit.

Happy
Glad you enjoyed the spa day. And that you had a good visit with your new doctor.

Mel
Sorry that you have had all the alarms to deal with, maybe it will be quiet tomorrow.

Annie
Good for Curtis in stepping to the plate with Hella B.

Michelle and Shad
have a good week end. They surely don't last long enough.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #96

Hello Ladies,

Long time since I've posted here. I hope you'll take me back. I have stayed in touch with some of you on FB but it's not the same support that I got here. Maybe it's more I don't want to post all of my issues on FB for the world to see.
Where i'm at... I yo-you for the last few years.. I got as high as 189 and said that was enough... I started working out last Dec I got to 165.. today i'm at 170. I don't know why I sabatoge myself. I'm starting back with either WW or just watching what I eat. I'm also starting a workout program.

I plan to check in daily... I need the support, the kick in the butt etc.

Monthly Weigh-in
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #97

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Back from the gemfields. Didn't find anything worth cutting. But I bought some earrings and a ring. Photos coming.

Bit burnt, big day. time for a tea and bed I think. Early rising tomorrow.

Night sky is interesting at the moment. Venus and Jupiter close together and bright in the west and Mars very bright in the East and somewhere in the middle and slightly north is the Big Dipper and the North Star.

Last edited by Shad : 03-11-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #98
Happy September

A LITTLE FRANKIE VALLI WITH THE MORNING COFFEE
(besides why should I be the only one with this song stuck in my head)

Oh, what a night.
Late December back in '63.
What a very special time for me,
'Cause I remember what a night.

Oh, what a night.
You know, I didn't even know her name,
But I was never gonna be the same.
What a lady. What a night.

Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.

Oh, what a night,
Hypnotizing, mesmerizing me.
She was everything I dreamed she'd be.
Sweet surrender, what a night!

I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.
Oh, what a night!

Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.

Oh, what a night.
Why'd it take so long to see the light?
Seemed so wrong, but now it seems so right.
What a lady, what a night!

GOTTA LOVE SPRING & SINUS
WAS IT ME WANTING THE WARMER WEATHER?
REMIND ME OF THIS NEXT YEAR AAAAchooo!!

VERY QUIET NIGHT AND THE DAY WAS GOOD TOO.
ONLY ONE SMOKE ALARM.

JEN & I TOOK THE DAY OFF FROM EACH OTHER.
TOLD HER FRIDAY IF I NEED SOMETHING I'LL CALL.
THIS HAVING THE 2 OF THEM UP MY BUTT DAY & NIGHT NEEDS TO STOP.
IT'S NOT GOOD FOR MY PSYCHE EITHER.
MAKES ME FEEL LIKE WE'RE ALL WAITING FOR THE OTHER SHOE TO DROP.
EVEN DR G WAS THINKING THE SAME THING LAST WEEK.
GAVE ME A GOOD TALKING TO ABOUT NEGATIVITY.
GUESS I WAS SHOWING MY "FRIGhT" SIDE

EVEN WITH THE SUN OUT IT'S STILL TOO COLD FOR RIDES YET
BETTER GO FIND SOME BREAKFAST & SOMETHING TO OCCUPY MY TIME
HAVE A SUPER SUNDAY/MONDAY

...............................personals coming in a minute.........................................

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #99
Happy September

HAPPY..........LOVED THE ENTIRE POST.
INCLUDING THE RIVERS & TREES AND THE RIVERS & TREES
LORD HOW I WISH I WAS IN YOUR SHOES!!
I'D TRADE IN THE CHAIR FOR AN ATV!!!
HOW IS THE PIZZA UP THERE IN THE SMOKEY BEAR LAND???
JUST WONDERING.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS ON THE HOUSE.....TAX WISE.
THE GOVT JUST DOESN'T WANT A LOT OF MILLIONAIRES RUNNING AROUND.
THEY GET JEALOUS NOW THAT SOME MOVIE STARS HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THE WHITE HOUSE DOES
I WAS THINKING OF YOU WHEN I REALIZED IT WAS DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME AGAIN.
I HATE LOSING THE HOUR TOO.
AT LEAST THIS YEAR YOU HAVE NO JOB TO LOSE IT TOO!!!

CEEJAY........JONESBORO SOUNDED GREAT....... HAIRCUT, BABY AND ALL.
FEELS GOOD TO BE OUT & ABOUT I BET. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE.....HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT MY FRIEND.
SHE'S NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER AND HAD YOU ALL TO HERSELF FOR SO LONG.
PRAYING IT ALL GOES WELL.

MICHELLE......NOW THE DOGGIES ARE HOME ALL BEAUTIFIED,
MAYBE YOU CAN GET A REST BEFORE MONDAY!

SHAD.......YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BIRD PICS BUT I DIDN'T SEE THEM.
MAYBE I MISSED A LINK?
MORE EARRINGS & A RING....... YOU SOUND LIKE JEN. BLING BLING.
SHE'S A JEWELRY HOUND LIKE YOU ARE.
HOPE YOUR WEEK GOES WELL AND THE JOB RUNS SMOOTHLY

PATTY......I WAS THINKING OF YOU JUST THE OTHER DAY.
FUNNY BUT I WAS GOING TO ASK SHAD IF SHE HAD SEEN YOU ON FB.
I WAS THINKING OF YOU & YOUR BIRTHDAY TOO
GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE
AND JUST TO HELP MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME.....
WE'LL GIVE YOU LOTS OF SUPPORT & KICKS

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #100

Good Morning,

Lazy morning, it rained all day yesterday and this morning, it's drizzling and cold. I'm not going to complain though, we need the rain so bad. We were in Stage 3 of drought, in December but thankfully we got rains in Jan/Feb. it's gloomy though and I"m a sunshine kinda of person.

I'm watching the OWN Channel, Gary Zukav is on, he makes you really think about your life, your actions etc.

Mel - thanks for the kick, I hope I don't wear that foot out. Enjoy your day and I hope you don't get any calls.

Monthly Weigh-in

Last edited by 1day@atime : 03-11-2012 at 12:42 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #101
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Patty
Welcome back.

Happy
I'd love an area of tree's and rivers, which makes for Springfield/Branson, MO to be a place to retire. Pizza sounds good any time for me.

Mel
Can't blame you for wanting some me time away from Jen and Richie.

Shad
I've been keeping my eye to the sky concerning Venus and Jupiter. I've always wanted to go to the diamond mine here in Arkansas.
-----
Back from church this morning. It's still looking rainy and a bit cooler. The bradford pear tree's were in peak bloom last week and now the red bud tree's are in bloom.Got some Allegra yesterday so I'm prepared.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #102
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick check in...I'm trying to get lots crossed off my to do list today. I'm also baking a batch of oatmeal cookies because DH wanted some. He can't eat after midnight tonight due to his surgery...but I can bring the rest to the hospital or store them in a ziplock bag for when he gets home.

Welcome back, Patty!

sounds like all my Worldly friends are enjoying the weekend. The weather here is gorgeous...and I've been able to get outside and enjoy it a bit today.

Love and hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #103

I did post them yesterday. I did. They seem to have disappeared. Arrrgggh

Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #104

Morning all,

Patty welcome back. So easy to find the lost pounds again. So hard to lose.
It's a pain.

Mel - a Jen and Richie-less day. How nice. I am DS2-less at the moment. DS2 is down in Adelaide with DS1. They sent me a photo of DS1 with the background of a cow - presumably it was in a restaurant somewhere. Good photo of the cow. Miss Sunday is looking after R who is like a 3rd son anyway. He is the IT geek that I refer to every so often. We were going to put the cat in the cattery but DS3 (R) said he would come around for the weekend.

Michelle - sending :vibes: to the DH for his biopsy today (well tomorrow in your neck of the woods). Nice to know that temps are climbing up there. We seem to be quickly going into the autumn here. Not that that season lasts for long. We have Hot and Wet (summer) and Hot and Dry (winter) - although the winter nights are cool (well by our standards anyway) - all the better for snuggling I can hear Annie say.

Annie - sounds like some training is just what Bella needs. Good for Curtis - taking control as you don't seem to be able to do it. Mind you she has got away with it for years and probably thinks she can continue to control you. Toughen up lil Princess. Isn't the lil Monkey man growing up fast! He sounds like a really good baby.

Ceejay - you are right about the weekends, they do not last long enough. Particularly if you sleep one of the days away. Good onya for colouring your own hair. I get mine done at a salon (expensive) since I have no talent with hair at all. I once gave my mother a perm. It was the only perm on the planet that turned out with not even one curly bit.

Laura - sounds like you had a fairly thorough medical procedure. Have you now got a pass to go mad for the rest of the year??
The pictures for some reason didn't take. I then made another post (after restoring the computer back two days due to update/ modem incompatibility and posted them, but they seem to have disappeared along with the entire post. So I have done them again.

Happy - Hope you have a nice day out on the deck and in the fresh air today. Spring is around the corner. As I said previously, we seem to have fallen into autumn in the last couple of days. It has been pleasant only having temps from high twenties to early thirties instead of close to the 40C mark. Glad to hear you are driving again. Better get a GPS installed to get you from A-B without getting lost or stuck in snow. Mud season sounds like fun - NOT. It should make DH's obsession with neatly manicured lawns a bit of a trial.

Not much going on here at the moment. I wonder if I really need to be here. I have a couple of things to do in town. Maybe I will just hang loose until lunchtime and then get lost again. The crew supervisor on this shift has a fair amount of SAP knowledge and is pretty set about how he wants the shift to use the program. Unfortunately, not all of it is as per project. But hey, it is their system and until they stuff it up, I can't do much about it.

So off I go, to the fray and see what gives.

Last edited by Shad : 03-12-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #105

Good Evening Worldlies.

Hi Patty. Welcome back.

Mel - Like your avatar. The St. Paddy's celebrations have already begun here - the South Side Irish Parade returned today after a couple years of hiatus due to the rowdies. I hear it was well-behaved...and therefore probably dull, LOL.

Happy - Did you get to grill any meals this weekend?

Annie - Hope you and Curtis can maintain "alpha control" over HB and keep her in line!

Ceejay - Sounds like you and Mel are really feeling the allergies already. Bradford pear trees are so nice - so symmetrical. Too bad they aren't the sturdiest...

Michelle - Mmm, oatmeal cookies! Lucky dh. Glad you enjoyed some of the mild temps this weekend. Best wishes to DH tomorrow!!

Shad - Nice "DS3" could keep Sunday company. Thanks for reposting the pics. Wow, that's a really vivid green frog! I didn't get a pass for the rest of the year after a good medical exam, but I've been eating like it: Sat. lunch - patty melt/onion rings, Sat. dinner - chicken nuggets, root beer float; Sun. AM - two danish, Sun. dinner - grilled chicken grinder sandwich, mozzarella sticks. Enough of that - I kind of liked that big woosh of weight after my day of strict calorie counting, even if it was mostly water weight. I'll have to give that another go on a regular basis.
====

Dentist appt was good - no problems! Lunch with my friend was really nice. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so our lunch went about 3 hours! Afterwards, took doggy for a walk by the creek - what a nice day for it. After that was dinner and some errands. We were right by Sports Authority so I checked out the foam rollers - $42 for the size I want!!! No thanks, I'll find something less expensive online.

Very lazy Sunday morning (as usual). Then some laundry, a dog walk, a shower, and then off to the wake. The few people I didn't want to see (former co-workers) were leaving just as I arrived, so just a few words to one and that was it. Good timing! After that bf (who waited for me in the car ) and I went off to the bagel bakery & the grinder place since we were in the vicinity. Two dozen mini onion/poppy bialy are now double wrapped and in the freezer. Yum. Just sorted through some paperwork and put the tax papers in their separate envelope.

Third load of laundry for the day is ready for the dryer, so I'll sign off and get it done.

Last edited by Laura705 : 03-11-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.