3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

March madness for the Worldly chicks

Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #76
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I JUST READ A FEW POSTS AND ALREADY FORGOT WHAT WAS SAID.
JUST A BIT TIRED RIGHT NOW.

BEEN A BUSY DAY. JEN & I WENT TO PATHMARK.
GOT GROCERIES IN A STORE THEY ARE STILL RENNOVATING!!
DUST & DIRT EVERYWHERE. WASN'T A GOOD CHOICE FOR ME.
BUT THE CUPBOARDS ARE PARTLY FILLED.

NOW THEY TELL ME TJ'S IS CANCELLED FOR NEXT WEEK AND WE ARE ONLY GOING ONCE A MONTH AGAIN
JEN & RICHIE OFFERED TO GO FOR ME BUT I REALLY WANTED TO PICK OUT MY OWN STUFF.

GOT A LETTER FROM THE GOVT OFFICE...THEY RESCHEDULED ME LIKE I WANTED BUT FOR A WALK-IN MEETING....NOT A PHONE EVALUATIOn. WTF!!
DO THESE PEOPLE LISTEN TO THE ANS. MACHINE?!?!? LORD HELP ME HERE.
NOW I HAVE TO CALL AND LEAVE ANOTHER MESSAGE.

WE ALSO HAVE A STATE INSPECTION SCHEDULED ON THE 16TH . DAMNATION!! THE TENANTS ARE HAVING 3 KINDS OF HISSY FITS.
I SAID BETTER NOW THAN IN DECEMBER ON THE HOLIDAYS.

GOT MY OFFICE STUFF SORTED OUT AND TOSSED THE REST.
JUST JUNK COMMUNICATIONS.
TIME FOR A REST & SOME TV.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

ANNIE....SORRY YOU'RE GOING THRU SO MUCH.
SENDING A HUG AND LOTS OF LOVE YOUR WAY.

HAPPY........HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THE SPA DAY!!
RELAX AND ENJOY NO MATTER WHAT MISTAKES THEY CAN MAKE.
HAIR ALWAYS FGROWS BACK AS I ALWAYS TELL JEN!!

MICHELLE.....HOPE DH CONTINUES TO IMPROVE.
WOULD BE NICE IF NOTHING NEEDED TO BE DONE. HANG IN THEIR!!!

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU'RE FEELING MORE LIKE YOURSELF.
TAKING THIS WEEKEND FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH IS THE BEST THING YOU'VE DONE!!! JUST FIND A GOOD BOOK OR MOVIE AND RELAX

LAURA....YOU'RE GING TO BE A BUSY WOMAN!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR APPT. I LOVE MECKEY D'S PARFAITS!!
I THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY WHILE I WAS OUTSIDE RIDING AROUND.
JOHN STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT AND WE WENT OUT FOR A SHORT "WALK".

SHAD....HOPE THE WORTK IS GING OK AND YOU GET SOME REST ALONG THE WAY.
I SAW THE SPIDER WEB PROBLEMS ON THE AOL INTERNET TOO.
YUCK. THEY SAID THEY WERE IN MELBOURNE ALSO. SCARY STUFF. ONE FIELD WAS ABSOLUTELY COVERED!!! GET SOME SHUT EYE MY FRIEND OVER THE WEEKEND.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #77
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I have cried about several things today...I can hardly take life right now..even tho I am happy...too hard to comprehend. Lord give me the strength I need to get thru the complicated and bless me with the knowledge to realize the choices are the right ones...

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #78
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon everyone

It's rained all day here. I'm glad I cancelled my trip to Branson. They are having some winter weather up there. Porbably will not amount to much but I wouldn't want to drive in those there hills with all that going on.

Went to eat pizza today with some friends. Pickd up some refills and later on this afternoon picked up my pay check.

Still have done what I wanted to do. I can't find the brackets.

---------
Happy
Did you enjoy your day?

Laura
I love those quiet day's at work. Today seems like Friday to me for some reason. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well. I'm planning on one next week with my doc for lab work.

Mel
Our local supermarket has been under renovation as well. They are almost done though. The tile and laminated flooring has been installed. It looks good. Guess these rising gas prices are affecting TJ runs as well.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #79
Happy September

MPRNING CHICKS

TODAY IS GPOING TO BE THE BEGINNING OF A 3 DAY WEEKEND FOR ME.
TOO MUCH DUST IN MY LUNGS FROM THE STORE RENNO.
I WAS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE LAST NIGHT.....AND AWAKENING.
HAD TO USE THE DREADED INHALER.
BUT MY MIND IS FEELING MUCH BETTER HAVING BEEN OUTSIDE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HEAD!!
WHILE JOHN WAS HERE YESTERDAY,WE GOT STUFF READY FOR THE INSPECTION.
THEY ALL HAVE THEIR WORK CUT OUT FOR THEM NEXT WEEK.
HE HAS BEEN A BIG HELP TO MY BOSS AND HOPE IT'S APPRECIATED.
WHEN I LOOKED IN THE FREEZER LAST NIGHT I SAW A LOT OF BAD CHOICES.
THINGS WITH TOO MUCH SALT. TOLD JEN TO COME GET THEM TODAY.
SHE AND RICHIE WILL GET ME DIFFERENT STUFF OR
I WILL GO NEXT TUES TO A CLEAN STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFF TO BEGIN MY MELIDAY

ANNIE.....DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
YOU ARE THE ONE IN THIS SITUATION.
I CANNOT IMAGINE YOU MAKING BAD CHOICES.
STAY STRONG AND KNOW WE LOVE YOU.
I KNOW THIS IS NOT AN EASY THING & I HAVE BEEN THERE MYSELF.
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.
SENDING HUGS YOUR WAY LOVEYA SISTA!

CEEJAY....WE HAD PIZZA TOO....BUT THE FROZEN KIND.
GLAD YOU STAYED HOME TOO AND MISSED THE WINTER WEATHER.
WHO NEEDS THAT CRAP TO DRIVE IN RIGHT NOW.
WE NEED TO BE THINKING OF SPRING!!!!
HERE'S SOMETHING TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND OVER THE WEEKEND.............BLUE SKIES & FLOWERS

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-09-2012 at 08:37 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #80

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all. Nearly midnight already. Time is passing on this last day of night shift. Was totally had it this morning. Just completely wiped out. Must have got back to the motel on auto pilot. However don't feel too bad tonight. Will admit to be tired but nowhere near as much as yesterday - although the night is not yet finished. I have two days off after this. Yahooo. We are supposed to have some sort of solar shower tonight but nothing happening out there last time I looked.

Annie - Bella is your dog. If you don't want her put down, then say so. No-one can force you to have it done. Just go over the options carefully and make a decision based on the facts not the emotions. Taking a life is never going to be easy.

Mel - Seems like you might have to wear a mask outside the house. There is plenty of gunk in the air - plenty over here too. Our parrots were feasting on the grass seeds this morning. They seem to congregrate there most morings. There were even a few there tonight, however there are much more in the morning. I keep trying to get a decent photo of them on the ground but mostly it ends up looking like a number of white blobs on the grass.

Michelle - hope there is improvement in the household soon. Must be very wearying for DH and very worrying for you.

Ceejay - I hate driving in the snow and ice. I am no longer used to it and there would be some bad accidents around here if it ever happened.

Laura - have a good day off tomorrow. Enjoy

Better go and see if anyone wants some help. Otherwise it is back to the book and the computer and the family tree.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #81
gettin' with the plan

Shad
Hang in there, night shift can be a bummer sometimes. I've heard that the northern light show will take place up around Happy and Michelle. Wish I were there. I've always wanted to see that.

Annie
Shad once again has given good advice about HB. :hugs:

---
The sun is shining this morning but it is colder than last week.

I've been noticing that my jeans were a bit baggy the last couple of day so this morning I've tried on the 16's and they fit perfectly. Yesterday's weigh didn't show much of a loss but I can feel the inches gone.

I've been needing some structure in the food area and chose to go back on the Meta-slim diet from Metabolic Research that I did years ago. It's basically a low glycemic diet.

Have a good day.

I am going to Jonesboro to visit with my bff today. Will come back tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #82
gettin' with the plan

Mel
I love the daisies.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #83

Good news about the jeans Ceejay. Keep it up.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #84
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

I have so much work to get done since I'm off on Monday for DH's surgery and next week is kind of up in the air. And I'm having a really difficult time focusing and staying on task. I'm still worried and stressed about John. I know the risks of complications are very remote. I just feel so bad for him that he'll be in all that pain (it is a painful recovery).

Anyway...enough about that. I've got to meet with a website client after work, then work this evening. I'm taking the dogs to the groomers tomorrow and delivering two computers that DH repaired for friends (before his health got much worse). I was invited to a party tomorrow...but I'm going to skip it...even though there are people I'd love to see...I just can't enjoy myself much...nor would I be good company as my thoughts are on John. Plus, I don't want to leave him alone for that long. Sunday, he and I will be doing all the necessary pre-surgery things.

I haven't heard back from my sister regarding her kidney doctor appointment yesterday. I'll give her a call later today.

Annie - Shad has offered some excellent advice about Hella B. If you're mostly concerned with her biting the baby, you could put a muzzle on her. I've seen many dogs at the dog parks with soft leather muzzles on. Sending you lots of hugs as you struggle with life's challenges. I know you will make the decisions that are best for you and your family. Count your blessings and take happiness in that.

Ceejay - Congrats on the Size 16s!! That's EXCELLENT! I look forward to the day when I get in size 16s!!

Mellie - I'm going back and reading your posts. That's awful that Jen fell the other night. I'm glad you're able to take the phone back, but please don't overwork yourself, okay? I know you need the money...just remember your health has to come first. Congrats on the weight loss!! Laura is the exercise and you and Ceejay are rockin' the weight and inches lost!! I'm glad you were able to get some groceries, and I understand about your wanting to pick out stuff for yourself. That's awful that all the dust from the renovation got in your lungs. I HATE THAT!! I hope the inhaler helps it clear out soon. Bummer that TJ's is just once a month now. That sucks that the govt wants you to come in for an in person meeting. Idiots.

Shad - I'm sorry the implementation has had it's challenges and discrepancies between the "stores" and the system. As for the snake in the training room...I'm okay with most non-poisonous snakes. But you've got so many nasty venomous ones in Australia that I don't think I'd take the time to do a proper identification and would probably react the same way the bloke did. I'm so glad all is well with the grandchild! Also, I can't remember if I wished DS a Happy Birthday, and your niece a happy anniversary...if not, then happy belated wishes! My head has been fairly scattered and trying to keep my thoughts organized is truly like herding a couple hundred cats - in other words next to impossible.

Laura - I hope you're having a wonderful day off! Did you end up getting the foam roller? That's excellent that you're already seeing good results from Pilates!!

Happy - I hope you enjoy the warm weather this weekend! How did the doctor appointment and spa day go?

I've got to sign off and finish up some work.

Much love and many hugs,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #85
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls and ... girls

Yesterday was a good day. The spa day was wonderful. Out with the auburn red tones, in with the lighter brown / blonde highlights of springtime. Furry eyebrows cleaned up, toes nicely polished. The people at the salon are SOOOOO nice. Just a little homey place and the prices were definitely less than what I am used to paying so maybe I can afford to do this more than twice a year.

The new doctor was nice too. She did not lecture me - the fact that I said I know I need to lose weight might have been enough. As far as the BP meds go, she said that the one I was on is advised because it does not stress the kidneys like many others. Because I am pre-diabetic (although my numbers have gone down since we moved here), they want to be careful in what meds I take. Since I was on such a low dose and with the coughing issue, she said I could quit the medicine for a month provided I closely monitor my BP and call if I see it rising. I come back in a month for a follow up exam and they will check my bp machine against theirs. She gave me a tetnus and whooping cough vaccine since they say that's on the rise. I figured the tetnus was ok since being in the woods, the likelyhood of getting a scratch or something was greater than a city kid. I turned down the suggestion of a Hepatitis A vaccine since I have no plans to travel to Mexico ever and went to Toronto Canada once so I am done with my international travelling although we within a reasonable drive to Canada from here so I can't say I'll never go there again. The northern lights were supposed to be active yesterday. The snow and clouds cleared by 9pm so I keep peeking outside scanning the skies. It was cold and very windy out - very very bright full moon too. Didn't see anything in the north up to 1:30am when I finally decided to pack it in. Next time maybe...

Finally I decided that it was high time I start driving again. I have no sense of direction and it takes me a long time to get familiar with things and I am easily confused. So I spent my time in the passenger seat getting familiar with the area. Although we have snow, it's only the road leading from our house to the main road that is snow covered. The do an excellent job of keeping the main roads clean here. I have to admit it was nice to be independent again - there are a couple of stores in town I am eager to go browsing in without DH pestering me to go

Ceejay - congrats on the skinny jeans fitting you well! It's a great motivator, particularly since jeans fit more snugly than dress pants. As for the diet, I think we all have a tendency to fall back to whatever plan works best for us - you know what works for you so go for it! I admit I am a bit jealous of your thunderstorms. We had a slight chance of them the other day and I was hoping but all we got was rain. My sister said the south gets the best sounding thunderstorms And speaking of the south, there is nothing like southern peaches. I picked up a few at the store yesterday - they looked and smelled wonderfully and were from Chile. Cut one open today and it was grainy. Nothing like a Georgia peach to satisfy Have a good lunch with your friend.

Shad - sounds like the nightshift is very boring. Are you just supporting the implementation with nothing to do but wait for a phone call? Funny how sometimes we long for extra free time but when we get it, we can't utilize it doing the things we'd like to. I hope the parrots decide to co-operate for a good picture - I would love to see that.

Mel - I think the girls are spot on with the mask advice. Especially right now when you are still in a more delicate position. No sense making things worse. Bummer that you had to give away your food but it's going to a good cause I find that this time of year it's hard to find the good for you stuff that is healthy and we sometimes jones over stuff that sounds good at the moment and then a few days later *smack on the head* why did we get this? Maybe it's all tied into that spring itch we are feeling. Sounds like the office is trying to suck you into the muck - slam the door, hang out the sign and put your head phones on loud. I hope you can get your appointment rescheduled for a phone interview. Forgot to listen and or care as my friend would say

Annie - I know exactly how you feel. We still feel guilty about Boo even though we know we made the right decision. With Bella's unpredicatability, if I were Sissy quite frankly, I would not want the dog anywhere near the baby. For some of us, it is not easy to make the decision to end a life, even if it's a bug's life. But only you can decide what is acceptable to you. The longer you think about it, the harder it will be. If Curtis offered to help you out, I'd take his help.

Laura - I had to laugh at BF's idea of dinner, kinda like mine - open a can of Campbells salt soup and pair with a salt sandwich of processed deli meat Hope you are enjoying your day off - looks like you are getting an early spring out your way and having some nice weather. I hope you were able to drop the extra temp pounds by your doctor's appointment. Just don't try to eat the minimum - that seems to make the body hang on to every calorie!

Michelle - bet you can't wait until this weekend is over. I'm sure you are concerned about DH's biopsy but at least he will be in the hospital where they can monitor him closely. Hope you both have a quiet weekend.

I need to get off the computer and get busy around here. Enjoy the weekend ladies.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #86
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

You women are so wonderful and offer so much needed advice that is so accurate....I am getting there...it is just as a death of a loved one...it is more about me and my selfishness in letting go than doing the right thing. It is no longer about me...I am sorry if I am taking too much time posting about this. If I could wish ANYTHING for anyone, it would be...not to be emotional....I hate being like this....DO NOT HAVE A GEMINI BABY...lol I don't know any thing else to attribute it to...haha

Babysitting Saturday eve with lil monkey man...he is such a happy lil soul. He lights up my life.... I phoned sissy today and I could hear him in the background just laughing and cooing...I asked what he was doing and she said he was watching some educational, animated kids show about the alphabet. haha

HAPPY...so glad you spa day turned out so well and the prices were decent. Sometimes the small town prices are worth the move....Good for you for getting out there and driving...the longer you wait the less likely you will be to attempt it and face it...you need to drive to keep a bit of your independence.

CHELLE....Hope John feels better daily. Keep in good spirits and stay positive. Momma went through a lung thing several years ago...had to stay on two types of antibiotics for 8 mos to get rid of it...forget what it was, but she recovered nicely. Sweet prayers and hugs to you and John....

SHADDIE..would you write the d*man book already..you have so many pix and words of advice, it is unreal. You make so much sense, you scare me. lol

CEEJAY...Here is to having fun in Jonesboro with the BFF....hope you did something fun.

MELLIE...slow down and back up the truck...do NOT get to many irons in the fire before you are totally 100%. No repeats of the bad stuff.

LAURA...hope you are having a wonderful Friday!!

Gotta post and get busy...

Love and Hugs.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #87

Not much to write about today. Slept long into the afternoon. No more nightshift.

Thought I would attach these photos since I have been talking about these darned birds for so long. And also a green tree frog that took refuge in the classroom out of the rain the other night.

Going up to the gemfields tomorrow. Let you know what I find up there tomorrow night.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #88
Happy September

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.
I SEE SHAD HAS ALREADY STARTED......
WE'RE HAVING ALARM EVENTS....BEGAN LAST NIGHT.
HARDLY ANYONE FELL WHEN JEN HAD THE PHONE.
GUESS THEY WAITED TILL I CAME BACK
EVERY TIME THE COPS COME...."WHERE'S JENNIFER?"

RESTED YESTERDAY AND CHATTED WITH JEN.
SHE CAME FOR A VISIT AND WE SORTED THRU PAPERS.
NOTHING NEW HERE TO REPORT.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.

SHAD......HOPE YOU ARE GETTING SOME MORE GOOD SLEEP.
NIGHT SHIFTS STINK!!
GLAD TO HEAR YOUR CAR KNOWS IT'S WAY HOME!!!!
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WOULD SEE THE SHOWER
OR MAYBE SOME SOUTHERN LIGHT SPECTACULAR.
AS FOR ME...IT WAS THE CRAPPY AIR AT THE STORE WITH SAWING, SANDING, DRILLING ETC.
I SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE MIONUTE I SMELLED IT
DID YOU GET RICH AT THE GEM FIELD?????

CEEJAY....BAGGY PANTS!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE INCHES LOST.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE META-SLIM.
YOU DID WELL ON THAT LAST TIME RIGHT?
HOPE YOU'RE FEELING MORE LIKE YOUR OLD SELF

MICHELLE....SEEMS LIKE WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS FOR ALL OF US.
HOPE THE DR APPT FOR THE SISTER WENT OK.
I CAN IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE FEELING ABOUT DH TOO.
LOTS OF WORRYING & ANXIETY THRE FOR SURE.
STAY STRONG AND JUST WAIT IT OUT. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN.

ANNIE LOVE......ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER.
SING THAT TUNE AND GET THRU THE TOUGH SPOTS.
SENDING YOU LOVE AND HUGS
HOPE THEY HELP
YOU CAN NEVER POST TOO MUCH ABOUT SOMETHING.
THESE ARE OUR FEELINGS AND WE NEED TO SHARE.
MY ILLNESSES TOOK ABOUT 3 MONTHS TOTAL LAST & THIS YEAR....
SO YOU DIDN'T EVEN CATCH UP TO ME YET!! POST AWAY!!!!

HAPPY.......WOW YOUR WEEKEND IS OFF TO A GREAT START.
GOOD SPA DAY AND GOOD DOCTOR!!
SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT & IT MAKES "SETTLING IN" THAT MUCH EASIER.
I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE AROUND AND
GET THE LAY OF THE LAND SO TO SPEAK. GOOD JOB!!!!
THERE IS A MOOSE ON ONE OF MY SCRABBLE TILES ON MY INTERNET GAME.
WHEN I SAW HIM I THOUGHT OF YOU!!

LAURA.....YOU MUST BE OUT THERE ENJOYING YOUR DAY OFF!!
HOPE THE WEEKEND IS A RESTFUL ONE. DESTRESS

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #89

Morning all. Another sunny day here! Yesterday was chilly, but clear and sunny. It helped to know that mild temps are coming.

Mel - Sorry the visit to grocery store wasn't good for your lungs. You'll definitely have to be careful about where you go until you're 100%. I had to use my inhaler yesterday - I think it was all the windy weather this week blowing everything around that my lungs didn't like. It stinks that the TJ's trips will only be monthly - what's with that?? How wise of you to pass off the unwise grocery choices - I'm not that strong of a person, LOL. Nice that John was around to help out - the office sure needs it!! Love that pic of the daisies/blue sky!!!

Shad - I bet you're glad the night shift is over for you! I didn't see any photos - did you have trouble attaching them??

Annie - Don't be so hard on yourself. I can only imagine the difficulty of making a decision to put down a pet that wasn't very sick. I'm glad Curtis is there to help you with this, whatever you decide. Enjoy your time w/ the little guy.

Happy - I'm glad your spa day was nice and that you're happy with the way your hair came out. Glad the doc appt went well for you too - so the doc is a keeper? Bf also got the tetanus and whooping cough shots at his physical last month, but my doc didn't bring it up yesterday and bf hadn't brought it up until after my appt, so I couldn't bring it up with her myself. I'm glad you're getting back to driving yourself - especially in an area like you're in (rural, little public transportation), it's important. Plus you get to go off by yourself and enjoy some alone time.

Michelle - Can't blame you for not being focused at work when you're so worried about and preoccupied with your dh's health. Hang in there!!! I hope you get some comfort from the fact that you have an excellent doc on the case. Re the roller - the coupon I have for Sports Authority is for Sat. & Sun only, so I might head over this morning before my dentist appt.

Ceejay - Yay for fitting into the smaller jeans!! Whoo! Hope you enjoyed the visit with your friend.

===
My day off was alright. I went to a Total Body Challenge class in the morning, which is "advanced". Went to it once before and I still hate it, lol. There's a lot of step cardio in this class and I just didn't like that part. I'd say it's the choreography I didn't like, but it's probably more the fact that I couldn't pick up the steps to my satisfaction that was really the issue, LOL. But it was a decent workout I guess. My passport card is done, so no more of those classes for the time being.

My calories on Thursday came in at 1250 (which is good for me), and I drank a lot of water and made a lot of bathroom trips! It paid off because Friday morning, the scale was down 5 pounds! I must have been retaining a LOT of water due to sodium. I think I'll try to track my food - like I should be doing anyway - so I can see my sodium intake and also be able to see how it affects my blood pressure.

My doc appt went well. The assistant who weighed me noticed my loss from the last visit (8 pounds lighter), but the doc didn't say anything, which is perfectly fine as long as I don't get a weight loss lecture! I really am about 5 pounds lighter these days, but weighing in the middle of the day with clothes on doesn't really count to me, LOL - I consider my own weigh-ins to be the "real" ones.

I thought my bp readings weren't all that great - out of the 84 readings I printed, I counted about 35 that had either the top or bottom number above 120 or 80, and that's almost 40%. But the doc didn't have a problem with it - they weren't crazy high or anything - usually just up a few points. I was relieved about that. She did, however, give me the lecture about watching my sodium. All my bloodwork came out good and apparently my ldl and hdl are very good, as well as triglycerides.

The doc suggested yoga for my poor sore hamstrings. I told her I occasionally try out a yoga video but haven't found the right one yet...she suggested classes. Turns out we're both on the same page about how classes work best of all for us in terms of accountability and the guidance a "live" instructor can provide. We'll see - there's only so much time, right??

Rest of the day was quiet. Bf's mum was under the weather and so bf & I were on our own for lunch and we went to a late lunch (bbq) after my doc appt and after the dog walk. A few errands were run and then we relaxed & watched tv all evening.

Today's the dentist and lunch afterward w/ a friend. I'm thinking I'll hold off on Sports Authority until later today or tomorrow and start some laundry now.

Tomorrow I have a wake to attend. A former co-worker who retired about 10 years ago and was still working for our dept a few hours per month in a consulting capacity passed away Thursday morning. She'd had heart surgery shortly after New Year's and had been in ICU for a long time. I don't even know if she ever left the hospital... very sad. I know she was enjoying her retirement.

Okay, I'm off to get the laundry going and have a cup of tea.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #90

Hey Mel, I just missed you I guess! Isn't that funny that all's quiet on Jen's alarm duty, but not for you. Murphy's Law??

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.