3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

March madness for the Worldly chicks

Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #61

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yes it is morning here - 01.08 to be precise and here I am surrounded by blokes. It's been a fast night so far. Hope it stays that way, it goes quickly when that happens. Yep Laura is right on with that statement

Mel - I hope you have a great birthday or should that be are having a great birthday and that the rain stays away and the snow goes somewhere else. Wouldn't it be so nice it the temp sort of stayed in the middle twenties ( 70-80F) for all of us for a while. It might get rid of some of the bugs we have had since Christmas and beyond.

Laura - muscle use (lactic acid) and muscle pulls are two completely different things. I can put up with the stiff and sore, but hate the feeling of not having full use of the limbs.

Michelle - good news on the DH's early appointment. Not long to go now to find out what the problem is. Keep your chin up!

Annie - sorry to hear about Bella but biting for no reason is not acceptable. It could well be the breed. And I endorse what the others have said. The baby is not safe with her around either. It could be an age related thing or just the temperament, this biting. Maybe if caught early, it could have been trained out but at this time she is probably too old for that. Remember the good times. I have had two dogs put down because of age, accident or disease and it is never easy. I am thinking of you chick.

Okay - well it is nearly three o'clock. Only 3 hours to go. Been quick tonight. But the reality is that there are problems in the store, and the guys will not put up with this in a hurry. It will get to the stage where they will go to the store and pick up the parts but won't try to find it in the system as it is all too hard - and I agree with them - it is hard right now.

Anyway, I had better go and get some more victims. I'll be back later no doubt
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #62
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everyone,

First off, Happy Birthday Mel - hope you are having a good day today. Congrats on your weight loss - heckofa way to get it off - don't recommend your plan but I'm sure you are feeling lighter than air and it's a good thing. that you can beat away those 2 remaining pounds. Yes, since 3FC went corporate we seem to have more issues - shows you how the corporate world effs up perfectly working stuff I think the adverts create alot of access problems here and I too am disturbed and tired of seeing advertisements pop up all over the place for things I looked at sometimes weeks ago. Like big brother following me around and yes, I too will not buy something based on Internet Ads. Is Ritchie making something special for dinner? Since he makes alot of Spanish stuff, does he have to cut back on the spices for you? Hope you have a yummy dinner.

Annie - sending good thoughts your way Hope the day is a little easier today. You ARE making the right decision, difficult as it can be. I understand about the pets but I'm sure something will sneak into your heart to sit beside Lil Monkey one day. DH finally admitted that he didn't want to work at the Humane Society because he knew I wanted to be petless and if I didn't bring something home, he would.

Laura - I myself have never been impressed with Sports Authority. Maybe if you want shoes or a limited stock of clothing. Amazon dot com has some options for the foam roller. I always thought of that more as a PT type of thing, rather than an exercise tool. I think we looked at it up by you (when DH was going to therapy) and we couldn't find anything nearby and after he gave it some thought, opted not to get it online. As I said, he tried the cheap route with a swimming pool noodle but it isn't as wide or as dense as it needs to be. If you need to get your heart rate up, come on over and I'll let you shovel some snow. Especially if you have to lift it up and over the deck to get rid of it I came in a few times to check my blood pressure and pulse, just to make sure nothing was out of sync. That's darn good cardio AND strength training. But I'm sure you are happy to keep your milder weather.

Michelle - hope you are feeling better. DH is right, you have to be healthy to help him through his procedure so please take the time you need to rest, things can wait. I hope your sister will be ok and this is not the symptoms of trouble down the road for her. That's good that you are thinking of meeting with the writers. I have to say, I wanted to write too and I am not having your busy schedule and I STILL haven't found the time to write or do crafts. Of course if I took a break off the computer I think I'd find lots of time. Still need to get a routine down for taking care of the house so that I spend a intense but productive hour and a half a day to keep things neat and tidy. Of course I also need to work on DH who has a tendency to drop things all over the place. Anyway as I run this thought over to the next state ( ) what I was trying to say is that with everything you have going on, I guess you have to make a regular appointment to get some writing in. And if you are like me, I get more creative on a random basis rather than saying that from 8 to 9:30 on Thursdays I'm going to sit down and write. Maybe you need to get a voice recorder and talk into it on your commute and then use your "writing appointment" to transcribe it. I find I did alot of "talking " on my daily commute - would be nice to hear something besides blue curses

Ceejay - I'm glad to hear that you are able to talk to some of the people at work and express some of your concerns. Hope things work out. Sounds like your sister has a nice place up in MO. One of the nice things about being where we are right outside of town is that there might be some opportunities for work if we needed them. Certainly not as much as in the big city but it is something to think about when deciding just how remote you want to go.

Shad - thought you were working in a mining operation - what's this about stores? Reminds me of a VERY OLD (almost before my time) song by Tennessee Ernie Ford called 16 Tons:

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I only know the chorus to that song and now it will be playing in my head all day long I'm glad all is right with the new baby so I guess plans will be made. Get yourself prepared because baby raising today is WAYYYYYY different that what you were used to You may find yourself at odds with the new parents ideas. Ewwww on the snake killing. But I guess it's like it is here - things are a bit different than what you'd think and you have to accept their ways.

Spring is trying to get a toe hold on the Northwoods here. Yesterday was a gloriously sunny day - I opened all the shades and let the sun shine in. DH was outside all day - came in several times and talked about how wonderful it was outside. I did go out on the deck for about 10 minutes. With still over a foot of snow outside, it was cool enough that I'd not call it "beautiful" out. Low 40's yesterday - getting up to 50 degrees on the weekend. Now I will enjoy that. Today is gloomy and rainy. The mist in the air hitting the frozen snow is making for some pretty dense fog out there. Glad I don't have to go out in it. If you step outside and close your eyes you can pretend you are standing next to a mountain stream - the sound of dripping water run off is that strong. Good thing we have very sandy, absorbant soil although it's going to get to the teens at night (warm days, cool nights up this way) and things will no doubt be an ice rink tomorrow. I finally made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow for a check up. I need to change my blood pressure meds - this one is known to produce a dry, hacking cough which is terribly annoying and wakes me up at least once a night. Allergy meds don't do any good because it's not allergies making the schmutz in my throat. Anyway I'm sure I will get a lecture about my weight , I hope my cholesterol is not too bad considering our change in menu since moving up here and I'm sure I will be told that if I want to get off the acid reflux and blood pressure meds I must lose at least 25 percent of my current weight. So let that be motivation I say we eat a bit differently because we cannot grill like we used to in this weather. We eat more cold weather casserole type foods although last night was baked chicken, a stir fry of bell peppers, onions and potatoes with a mixed green salad. Anyway, I need to find something for lunch and then get busy on some sort and unpack items.

Hope you all have a good day...
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #63
Do something hard today

OMG Check this out -

Spiders blanket farm to avoid flooding

Shad - there are so many things in your country that would freak me out

P.S. Wolf Spiders are ugly but at least they are feasting on the mossies

Last edited by happy2bme : 03-07-2012 at 04:01 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #64

Mel - Congrats on the weight loss!! Enjoy your b-day dinner!

Shad - Glad your night is going quickly!

Happy - By stores, I believe Shad is referring to the warehouse (maybe for equipment parts?), and it sounds like the inventory in the system is not working right. Not very helpful when the system says 25 doohickeys should be in aisle 22, bay 12, shelf 3 and an actual visit to that spot shows no doohickeys, or only 5 of them instead of 25! As for the foam rollers, they seem to be more mainstream now, but more for athletes than the exerciser. There are all sorts out there, but I've learned through my internet browsing that the most common type is the 36" long 6" round size, with the high density variety said to hold up the best to regular use. I'll go with that. If Sports Authority doesn't have any (my coupon's good for this weekend), then I'll go online. I agree snow shoveling is a great cardio workout, but I prefer to have milder weather and find another way to get my heart rate up!

I hope your doc has a good alternative to your current bp med. Yeh, and I can sympathize with the expected lecture about one's weight. I was hoping to go into my annual physical on Friday a few pounds lighter, but this week is not turning out to be a good eating week. Add to the fact that I'm having lunch w/ bf and his mother right before my appointment, and I'll be lucky if the scale shows even the same weight as my last visit! Note to self: Wear lightweigh clothes. My intentions to be better about grocery shopping (and therefore meal planning) have faded at the moment, so I'm left with the crap shoot that is bf's grocery shopping habits. His idea of shopping is taking a number at the deli, picking up a package of Italian sausage, perhaps a jar of pepperoncini. Re grilling - Is it even safe to grill in your critter-filled area?? I can just see them sniffing away in the woods and their noses leading them to your deck!
==
Nothing much to report. Tonight's Pilates. I registered for the next session's Pilates classes. For whatever reason, they split the Pilates classes into 2-6-week sections this session, so this is a good time to see how I like doing two classes per week. If i don't like it, I can go back to once per week during the 2nd section.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #65

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Laura gets the gold star for definition of THE STORE
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!
EVEN THE JAVA TURTLE IS HERE!

WE JUST HAD EARLY DINNER TOGETHER.
MY CHOICE WAS HEROES & SALADS & CRUMB CAKE.
DELISH.

DROPPING IN TO SAY I WILL BE GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET IN THE MORNING.

MOTHER HUBBARD'S CUPBOARDS ARE BARE!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!!

AND YES....THE PHONE IS RINGING AND NOT ALL OF THEM WERE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES
THE DRAMA BEGINS

Oops gotta go...................be back tomorrow afternoon for personals.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #67

OMG, all those spiders!

Shad, thanks for my gold star!

Mel - Sounds like a nice b-day dinner. Enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow! Hey, missy, NO DRAMA ALLOWED!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #68
Do something hard today

Oh Mellie - if you're going to the store - my version, not Shad's (although thank you for the clarification Laura) - it must mean that you have gotten to a good "feeling better" level - at least enough to get outside. Hope you have a purse full of cash with empty cupboards and a big itch to get out but hey, it's your birthday, make it last as long as you can. AND STAY AWAY FROM THAT PHONE !!!!!!

Laura - we'll see what you think but I was happier with the Pilates classes twice a week. Felt I got more out of it.

I'm so excited. I decided I could not wait until next month and I have the cash put aside so tomorrow after I get hollered at by the doctor, I am going for a spa day. Cut, style, full color and highlights, eyebrow wax (boy do I need it), and a pedicure. I will apologize profusely for looking like a cavewoman and tip her well. I had a hard time deciding between two salons, I hope I made a good choice. Not much in the way of reviews or info to go on. My cousin's wife is not a girly person, she has short hair and I'm thinking her beauty shop is something I'd go to for a trim but not what I'm looking to have done. Problem is, I'll be all ugly again by the time my birthday rolls around so DH will just have to treat me again It will feel nice to look halfway decent again. I am still trying to get used to the jeans and t-shirt, no makeup, hair pulled back lifestyle. Tomorrow we are supposed to get a bit of a short cold snap and then it's supposed to get into the low 50 degree temps for the weekend. Can't wait to breathe some warmer fresh air.

Timer just went off - batter fried cod baked in the oven, home made cole slaw and carrots for me, corn for DH, washed down with a Coca Cola. Guess it's a C-night for us Bye for now...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #69
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,
my work has blocked 3FC today....and its hard to post on my phone. John was up all night coughing, though the steroidsare making breathing a little easier...he's still not doing well, but his condition isn't as scary or dire as it waas on Monday. I'm getting nervous about the surgery, but I know its necessary...andi know we have the best surgeon in the state. Im trying to remain positiv that well have answers and an effective treatment soon.

I will try and post more later.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #70
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi ladies,
my work has blocked 3FC today....and its hard to post on my phone. John was up all night coughing, though the steroidsare making breathing a little easier...he's still not doing well, but his condition isn't as scary or dire as it waas on Monday. I'm getting nervous about the surgery, but I know its necessary...andi know we have the best surgeon in the state. Im trying to remain positiv that well have answers and an effective treatment soon.

I will try and post more later.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #71
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin all.......

I am having a very hard time with chosing Bella's death date. It just doesn't seem right. I found the place to take her, now make the appointment. Struggling hard here...

Peyton Manning leaves Indy...bah bye....funny after that was announced the gas prices went up...now that is crazy. EVERYTHING affects the gas prices....lol

HAPPY...The spiders are gross and nasty...and spiders do not bother me, but that made my tummy turn sideways. Good for you on the spa day...it is so much fun to go and indulge yourself...I find it hard to relax til my time is almost up as my mind runs rampid.

SHADDIE...you and all the other girls are so right on the whole issue with Bella..but you know I am the most emotional worldlie girl here. I am having such a time dealing with it.

CHELLE...so glad DH is getting in a bit earlier. Like next week...let's get him on the mending trail and fast. You take good care of you...

MELLIE...phones and TJs...you are pushing it a bit sister...you slow down and I mean it. Glad your birthday dinner was delish...

CEEJAY...Glad things are a bit better at work and you need to take care of YOU first!

LAURA...we are having about the same weather that you are only a bit warmer...next week is supposed to be 60s and 70s...time to break out the grill...YUM....

Hope everyone has a marvelous day/night...

Loves and hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #72
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Can fully understand about the stress you are going through now.

Not really in a talkative mood this morning.
We had a couple of thunder boomers this morning. With more on their way.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #73
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Are there any Jack Russell rescue organizations in your area that would take Hella B.? They may be able to rehabilitate her biting behavior.

My Mini Goals:
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #74
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I'm still struggling with the thought of putting Bella down too. For one I'm thinking she's a bit jealous and this is her way of wanting attention .After all she's is contending with the new baby and a new man in your life! I understand your concerns though.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #75

Afternoon all.

Happy - Enjoy your spa session - sounds wonderful. How was the c-night?

Michelle - Glad dh's condition doesn't seem as bad as earlier in the week. I will be keeping you two in my thoughts that the surgery goes smoothly and successfully.

Annie - That is such a difficult decision to make. I like Michelle's suggestion. That might be an option to consider.

Ceejay - Good point re the jealousy.

Hellos to Shad and Mary.
===
Today's my Friday since I'm taking tomorrow off!! Boss is leaving around 1-ish for the day, so the afternoon will be quiet.

Just three days since my last weigh-in, the scale jumped 3 lousy pounds! Some must be water retention! Not that I've been eating what I should. Today I'm trying to eat the minimum up til my doc appt tomorrow afternoon. I had a McD's fruit & yogurt parfait for brekky (no cereal, since I was running late this morning). Snack was an apple. I had some filling soup for lunch - pasta fagioli. Hope I can get through the rest of the day!

Tonight's my hair appointment, touch-up only. Tomorrow's an exercise class, lunch with bf and his mom, and my physical. May not pop in here until later tomorrow. Everyone have a good Thursday/Friday.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.