3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

March madness for the Worldly chicks

Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #46
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES OF THE WORLD.

SUN IS OUT BUT TOO COLD TO OPEN A WINDOW.
IT WAS FREEZING HERE LAST NIGHT. EVERYONE COMPLAINING.
WELL....TURN THE THERMOSTAT UP!!
I AM SNUG LIKE A BUG.
JEN CALLED EARLY AND GOOD THING SHE DID.
I WAS STILL SLEEPING AND IT WAS ALMOST 9!
I DID TAKE THE PHONE BACK.
MY JOB IS M-F AT NIGHT AND WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS 24/7.
THE OFFICE DOES M-F DAYS.
LAST NIGHT WAS QUIET EXCEPT FOR SOMEONE'S GD RINGING ME CAUSE GRAMDMA WAS TOO SLOW TO ANSWER
TOLD HER NEXT TIME GET GRANNIE'S KEYS!!

TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS:
I TOOK THE PHONE BACK BECAUSE JEN FELL THE OTHER NIGHT.
A TENANT TOLD ME AND IT'S A SECRET.
SHE DOESN'T WANT JEN TO KNOW SHE "RATTED" ON HER
I CAN'T GIVE THE JOB UP BECAUSE I NEED THE EXTRA BUCKS.
FRANKLY I AM IN DEBT UP TO MY ARMPITS.
IT IS ALSO GOOD FOR LEVERAGE WHEN I NEED HELP.
BESIDES...I'M NOT ABLE TO SIT AND DO NOTHING.
I'M JUST NOT BUILT THAT WAY.
AS I SAID, I ALREADY SPOKE TO THE DR.
ACTUALLY HE BROUGHT IT UP.
HE FELT IT WAS TIME FOR A TEST DRIVE.
BUT HE SAID NO OFFICE DRAMA IF I CAN STAY OUT OF IT.
DOESN'T WANT THE BP JUMPING AROUND

NOT MUCH ELSE NEW HERE. GOTTA SIGN LEASES TOMORROW.
THIS WAY WE CAN STAY ANOTHER YEAR....OH JOY....OH JOY!
HAVE A SUPER DAY.

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR WEDNESDAY.
JUST GOING TO BE ME & THE KIDS THIS TIME.
HARD TO BELIEVE ANOTHER YEAR HAS GONE BY.

ANNIE....I AM GRATEFUL MOST OF ALL THAT THE TORNADOES MISSED YOUR AREA.
I HADN'T SEEN THE DESTRUCTION TILL AFTER I READ YOUR POST YESTERDAY.
THAT POOR LITTLE TOT'S WHOLE FAMILY WAS WIPED OUT.
THE FAMILY HAS A BANK OF AMERICA DONATION THING GOING ON.
THEY HAD NO LIFE INSURANCE AND ALL 5 ARE DEAD. HEART BREAKING.
LOT OF PRAYERS GOING OUT THERE FROM MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOUR TWO FAMILIES ARE BLENDING NICELY TOGETHER.
IT WILL MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR YOU AND CURTIS.
PS: I GOT THE CARD & PICTURE. HE IS SOOO CUTE

CEEJAY....GLAD THE BOSS IS WORKING WITH YOU.
ALSO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING BETTER.
IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF
THE CONDO SOUNDS NICE. I ALWAYS WANTED TO TAKE UP FISHING.

LAURA....I HAVE KNOW PEEPOS THAT DID THE NASHVILLE THING AND THEY LOVED ALL THE MUSIC. SAID IT WAS THE BEST. NEW ORLEANS HAS THAT KIND OF TOUR THING TOO. BET THAT IS GRAND ALSO!
I LOVED DOC MARTIN AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL CONTINUE IT. I JUST SAW THE END OF DOWNTON ABBY. THAT WAS ANOTHER GOOD SERIES. THEY'RE FILMING SEASON 3 RIGT NOW. ENJOY THE DR.

MICHELLE....I BARELY KNOW WHAT TO SAY.
SORRY YOU AND DH ARE GING THRU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.
PRAYING THE THT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT AND DH RECOVERS QUICKLY.
GOING ON DISABILITY SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA NOW HE HAS RUN OUT OF DAYS AT THE JOB. TELL HIM TO KEEP HIS EYE ON THE PRIZE....GOOD HEALTH. YOU TOO!

SHAD........HAPPY BIRTHDAY DS A ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALREADY??? HOW TIME FLEW BY FOR THE NIECE!! DANG!!
HOPE YOUR FINDING ALL THE MISSING GOODS.
THAT PLACE NEDS AN ORGANIZER FOR SURE.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE PHESANT. THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO SAY SOMEONE SHOT IT AND BROUGHT IT TO THE DINNER TABLE

Last edited by MELODY525 : 03-06-2012 at 10:49 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #47

Morning all.

Michelle – I can imagine having a group read your work and provide support and feedback would be incredibly valuable. Hope you can squeeze in the writing and the group’s meetings. So sorry your hubby’s too sick to work – you must be so worried. Going on disability now sounds smart – he needs to rest and save his strength for battling this lung illness. I hope your sister’s situation improves – dialysis and transplant are so serious. All of this must be so stressful for you – please make sure you get enough rest! Thanks for the advice re the stretches, and I’m definitely going to get a foam roller. Our park district program catalog has a 20% off coupon from Sports Authority – I wonder if they sell any. I’m not super fond of that store since the employees don’t impress me as being authorities on anything, but it’s worth checking…otherwise I might buy online, what I could save in sales tax could perhaps cover shipping.

Shad – Good to hear all is well with the baby, and I’m sure it’s a happy birthday for DS1 getting that news. A snake in the training room - and other critters!?!? I certainly wouldn’t care for that. My opinion is that they are just fine as long as they stay out in “nature” - i.e., their own habitat - where they belong. If the slowness of the night shift is the norm, I’d definitely load up on things to pass the time – book, magazine, game, etc. At least when you’re busy, the day goes by relatively quickly.

Mel – Happy Birthday a day early!! Hope you have a wonderful day and a fantastic year to come!! Glad to hear the doc approved of getting back to your work – but not the office drama! Sorry to hear about Jen’s fall – I’m glad the tenant ratted on her, you would certainly want to know about that, right?! I thought Downton Abbey looked interesting, but I didn’t want to jump into another show mid-stream. Maybe at some point I’ll take a look at that. I confess to being a fan of those soap opera type of dramas – I used to love watching Dallas and Dynasty! I think I saw something about Dallas coming back to TV!!

Happy – Re the DW drying feature, aside from the electricity it sucks up, I also think that the extreme heat can’t be all that good for some of the items washed in the dishwasher. Sorry you didn’t get a nice dinner out to celebrate your anniversary. Yet another adjustment to your new home and hometown - all sorts of seasonal things of which you must become aware. LOL re your understanding of Pulaski! BTW, I only lived a couple blocks west of Pulaski growing up, but way up north, between Montrose and Lawrence. You were down south, correct? I do notice a change with Pilates – just a general increase in strength in my core area. I feel like my posture is improved. What’s interesting is that each class is different – we use different equipment – mini balls, the large fitness balls, hand weights, weighted bars, etc. – and we do different moves. The variety means that you never get accustomed to the same moves, so I still come away from class “feeling it”.

Ceejay – I’m glad your sister’s condo (or your sister!) didn’t get harmed in the tornadoes. You’ve been doing a lot of thinking about jobs, retirement. It’s really great that you know you have an interest in being in a medical environment, and that it’s something you would work in to supplement your retirement income when the time comes. Always good to consider all the alternatives. It sounds like you’re feeling better about your current situation at work.

Hello Annie!! Are you going to be getting the windy and warm weather today like my area is? Hold onto your hat!!
==
Step class was good last night. I know I called it easy yesterday, but it’s not really that – you get what you put into it. It’s just that the choreography is so boring... But I got my heart rate up, and that was good. I also will certainly be feeling the three sets of pushups we did using the ballet bar – and the crunches too. I think when you exercise regularly and are being challenged, you’re perpetually feeling muscle soreness. It’s the strained muscles/ligaments/tendons/whatever that I don’t like!

The temps are rising this afternoon. I will get out for a short stroll at lunchtime to see how it feels, but I doubt I will go very far – the wind will be kicking up quite a bit and I don’t like being out in those conditions – I’m always worrying some debris will be flying around with the potential for injury. It’s already 49 degrees and the winds are 20 mph! Yikes!

Tonight – no exercise! Just some rest and relaxation. Okay, and I still have one or two loads of laundry to do.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #48
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Super quick post as I have a meeting to get to.

DH just got a call from the surgeon, and they have a time slot available on Monday, 3/12, so he'll be having his biopsy that day. I'm really glad because the sooner we get answers, the sooner they can get him on the correct treatment and the sooner he can get better.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #49
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sad News Girls...I can barely type this....Hella B has bitten me for the last time..this time for no reason. She was sitting by my bedroom door and as I went in she bit into the top of one foot then the other. Curtis said no more...he is going to have her put down. I cannot do it. I just cannot rish her biting anyone else and especially lil monkey man. I have been crying since last night. Eyes are puffy. Remind me not to get any more pets....My heart is hurting and it hasn't even happened yet. God help me through this pain.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
Creating a Healthier Me

Oh, Annie! I'm so very sorry that you have to put Hella B. down. I know you will miss her. If she can't control her biting/temper, you don't want to risk that with the baby around. I'm so sorry. Sending you much love and hugs.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #51

Michelle - Good news about the biopsy surgery being moved up.

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about Bella, but that kind of unpredictable behavior is so dangerous. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #52
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Afternoon women,

Tried to get in here a few times but the site was down or bouncy having problems today.

Annie - I am very sorry to hear about Bella. Sometimes they get bitey because of the breeding and there is nothing you can to to contain it. Having had to put 2 pets down, my heart goes out to you it is so hard but I would have to agree with you, if she bit the baby you would be beside yourself. I wish you peace in your heart for this difficult decision. I am glad that Curtis will help you out.

Michelle - I am glad to hear that a spot opened up sooner for DH. I agree, the sooner they know what they are dealing with, the quicker they can act on getting him all strong and better again.

Sorry - got called away. Will be back later in the morning.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #53
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Default one more thing...

Happy, Happy Birthday my friend. I hope you have the most wonderful and fabulous day. Good wishes and health to you this coming year. We love you very much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture - Happy Birthday Melody.JPG (23.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #54
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE........

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU, TO YOU, TO YOU...OLE'

Happy day to you, my onery sister...make it a great day full of love and happiness...health to boot!!

I love you, my friend...

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
Happy September

It's official.....although i lost 14 lbs, I have been able to keep 10 of them off this time. So the result is 188. Foing the happy dance over here. Also wondering if I can lose another pound or 2.
Woke earlier this morning and had a better night's sleep. Hoping I can bet back to my old routine. It's driving me nuts.
I might go to Pathmark tomorrow. Having a bit of a problem with my right shoulder blade area. I think I got a draft. Gotta wait and see.
Nothing planned for today. ZJust Jen & Richie for dinner.
That;s enough excitement for me!:ROFL:

Annie.....I am very sorry to hear about Bella. My heart goes out to you.
But I am glad Curtis is there so you don't have to deal with this alone
I agree with you....no more pets. I can't take the heartache either.

Laura.......49 and 20mph?!?!?! Must have been cold!!! Did you get out?
We've been having a lot of windy days here too.
I call this part of town Chicago. It's keeping me inside.
America as a whole think there is gain in pain when it comes to exercising.
If you're building muscle and have a planned workout with rest days it's good.
But the PTs that i hve had told me the public is unaware of damaging their muscles.
Sometimes I wonder where the answer lies. Spomewhere in between?
Anyway....just take care of your hammies!!![img]
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/emoticons/images/h/ham-369.jpg[/img]

Michelle....very glad to hear the DH has another earlier appt. He must be relieved. Still sendinggood thoughts his way. Hope the meeting went well

Happy.....thanks for the BD wishes. I've been having probs getting on here on & off.
Still have that loadingproblem sometimes. Weird that it is only on this site.
Way too much advertisement !!! And I am sick & tired of seeingall the stuff I googled in the past alongside every website I go to.
Do advertisers really think If we keep seeing the picture, that we will buy it?
If we wanted to buy it we'd have done it when we googled it the first time!!
IDIOTS!!! Hope your snow is melting. Are you getting some of our milder weather??
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #56
Happy September

ANNIE....YOU SNEAKER INNER. thank you!
SENDING YOU LOVE RIGHT BACK
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #57
Creating a Healthier Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEL!!! Wishing you a day and year full of love, joy, good health and happiness!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg happybday6_1.jpg (14.9 KB, 0 views)

My Mini Goals:

Last edited by diyana : 03-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #58

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!

Wishing you a happy day and a wonderful year to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy-birthday-peanuts-gang.jpg (26.4 KB, 3 views)

Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #59
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

happy birthday to you Miss Mel Hope you have many many more

Annie
Ouch for the dog bit. So sad to have to put her down though. I know you are very sad.

Michelle
That's great new for dh.

Laura and Shad Be back later.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #60
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Happy birthday Melody

I climbed aboard to wish Melody a very happy happy birthday. My disorganization caused me to NOT get a card in the mail, so I'm hoping she'll see this and feel the love.

Hello to all you OTHER wonderful women that dwell here.

Happy Birthday Melody! May spring be in the air and a song in your heart.

My light bulb moment? A sign that said ....
"I'd do ANYTHING to be thin ........ except diet and exercise"
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.