3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Slow Dancing with A Stranger {6} "Salsa"

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #31
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay! I have a minute to do personals now!

Krystal - I am sure that plateau is broke, crashed, and knocked down Just keep away from the Merlot while the pattern is going down though Krystal I hope you do well on your upcoming night shifts - I know how hard those have been of a struggle for you. Remember though how awesome you felt to totally take charge over them last week! You totally got this! I will totally hold you to being nice to yourself: You have accomplished so much, discovered SOOO many things about yourself - you are amazing and moving forward!

Kristiina - Way to go on the 8's! I wouldn't care if it was one pair and they only fit cause they were stretched to the hill...that's awesome! Those smaller goals and NSVs sure are great to boost morale!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

forloveofself - Way to go on having so many clothes that are too big! Isn't it great to be a shrinking person?? I think we should start like a clothes swap on this site... imagine how much more use our clothes could get being swapped in between us all? Some of my coworkers and I were doing that for a bit, but now I am too small for their stuff - the smallest batch that was available was 14s and I am out of those - though making some of them work out of necessity - but my 11s and 13s fit best... imagine the folks who could benefit from my 14s. I do donate now, but wondering if a swap on here might benefit us all better? Hmmm.. wheels are turning

chickhen - Hi!!! What inspires you to want this? Place a reminder that is visual somewhere maybe? Also, get out of the routine that sabatoges you... instead of couching it for tv... get up and walk... pop in a sweating dvd... get in the kitchen and cook in advance some healthy meals for your week Some suggestions that might help? It's hard, no doubt, or we would all be at goal - the trick comes when the desire for reaching our goals and willingness to change our habits wins out on the desire to not change and stay where we are. I struggle with it - especially with my schedule (as the girls here will tell you, full plate + 4)... but...last year I hit the point where I desire, want, and insist on making a difference - so I can be who I WANT to be..inside and out. You are close to where you want to be, it will go slower...but how much do you want it? If you answer "a lot"... then you KNOW you will succeed this time and this site is AWESOME for support - truly! These folks here...the ladies and Larry... they are great to pick you up, give ideas, we learn from our own experiences, and also they will kick you in the butt if you need/want it I wish you much success and let us know if we can be of help. We make good cheerleaders

princessgina - I am right there with you ready to kick that scale number down manually if I have to, I think you will do awesome on your calories daily... check in with us more if you need to or want to! I don't always get a chance to respond daily, though I try... I am checking in and will MAKE time to help remind you if you need/want... just as I hope you all will do for me.... water water water in my future,

Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #32

S/C/G: 187/183/155

Height: 5'4"

HI girls thought I would stop in and say hi.

I have been on my plan since Oct, and I am getting bored I have to admit. Also, my drive to exercise is no where to be found. I just don't want to stay where I am, (or slid backwards) I want to continue because I feel I have come along way in a short time. And I actually feel good about myself.

I need some direction and a shoulder to lean on.

Off to a new start.
Chickadeee
Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

"Miss, I am size 8" waltzing by in her 8's ... I had a great OP day. I walked 6.8 miles and ate over 1500 cal...yay!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 01-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #34
~Krystal~

S/C/G: 160.2~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GM Salsa chicks & Larry

Here's a little for each of you on this lovely Tuesday morning!

Chickadee to our thread. I hope you are able to dance with us for a while!!

Yes, as a matter of fact I am giddy this early in the morning. I had a chit-chat w/my scale this morning & she told me some hot::hawt gossip::
Shhhhhhhhh (145.6) don't tell anyone!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #35
Fat to Fab and Fit

Mine was 151 DH things I may break my 150 this Friday I would probably cry if I saw 140's.

We are rocking girls!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 01-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
Fat to Fab and Fit

Today is my rest day. -- I think I have been pushing myself too hard, and decided to walk 3 days and take a day off, walk another three...etc.

I can't find motivation to do weights; hopefully these rest days will turn into weight training days...after walking 5-7 miles at a very brisk pace in less than ideal conditions, I don't seem to have the stamina nor desire to add that weight routine in. I am way over my assigned walking goal for the month. At this rate is will walk 120 miles each month

I am meeting a friend for lunch. Literally my first lunch out since November with friends. I have been incredibly afraid of eating out a.k.a. pigging out But I miss my friends...and because it is a lunch, no one will be having any wine or drinks ...and we won't be able to linger into late hours, as we have in the past; eating and drinking wine; because kiddies come home from school.

We are meeting at a restaurant called Stir Crazy; I am ordering their Pad Thai with chicken, but I will ask for a box and split the meal before I even dig in...that way I can actually savor the dish over a few days.

Plan for the day:

Bfast; Plain yogurt with fresh berries 200
Lunch; Pad Thai with chicken 700
Dinner; Large salad (with dressing) with 1 pound of veggies, grilled shrimp and feta cheese. 500

Total 1550 with 150 snack allowance.

Everyone have a FAB day!!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #37

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!
Welcome chickadeee! You'll get there again. Perhaps a review and adjustment to your plan?
Krystal ( I won't tell anyone Congrats on that number we won't mention
I still need to lose 5lbs from upper and 2lbs from lower before I fit a size 10 plus I don't want you to have to run around "nekked" if you don't want to. i'm loving my sz 12 skinny jeans with room in the waist. The thighs fit great.

It'sMyTurn a clothing exchage is a great idea, but with the new postal rates...? humm
Sum, Hello miss sz 8s! hope your lunch is fun with your friends without worry of over noshing!

hi princessgina Isabella, how goes it?

Yesterday 1350 cals, plan the same for today.

I count calories and carbs
Deb
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #38

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
We are meeting at a restaurant called Stir Crazy; I am ordering their Pad Thai with chicken, but I will ask for a box and split the meal before I even dig in...that way I can actually savor the dish over a few days.
I've always admired the people who can split their restaurant meals in half, take home the rest, and eat them later. I always either eat the entire meal at the restaurant or take home any leftovers and eat them later that night. I am not a person with patience or will power when it comes to large quantities of food. Put a large plate of food in front of me and I will eat the entire thing right then and there. There is no later.

I've also developed a problem with peanuts lately. Since I began this weight loss effort, I could take a handful of shelled peanuts, eat them, and leave the bag be until the next day (or grab another handful if my calories were low that day). Now, I can't seem to stop eating peanuts out of the giant 5-lb bag. I grab a handful, then eat them as part of my meal. Then, a few minutes later, I take the entire bag into the living room and mindlessly eat a peanut at time until my plate is filled with the broken carcasses of peanuts. I don't know how to stop this and it's probably why I haven't lost any weight in the past two weeks. So, someone please give me advice to make me stop eating these darn peanuts!

Countdown to Goal Weight:

One for every 10 lbs lost:
Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #39

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!
princessgina, Step away from the peanuts! I know, I know easier said than done. Could you perhaps put them in individual serving size bags when you do buy a big bagful?
In that way you know you have reached your limit for the day.

Stayed on plan yesterday, 1400 cals. Today, so far so good. I can have more cals tomorrow with the cycling i've been doing but will try to limit that to +150 or less

I count calories and carbs
Deb
Old 01-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #40

S/C/G: 212/148/130

Height: 5'5

Hello, everyone! After being the same size for the past 2 months, and having the scale hover between 169-170 for the past 4 weeks, my drive and enthusiasm is waning. I am trying to stay on program, but I am not exercising. I can't seem to find the motivation to do it or decide what kind of exercise I even want to do. All I know is that I want to start losing again, but I feel like I am frozen in ice and unable to move (literally!)

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #41
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hi ladies and our new comers! -- I just love it when we get new friends.

Guacamole; I hear you! I lacked some motivation...somehow Krystal has ignited my fire again! -- Maybe because I wish to catch up with her BUT we dance slow here...no drastic weigh losses, for the most part... -- I must admit, I am staying on path because of this place....

---------

As for me!!! I did something I have not done since I completely shattered my ankle and it had to be rebuild... I RAN today!! We went for our normal walk; plan was 5.2-6.7 miles, depending how we felt....After the first 2 miles, I decided to start running all downhill paths. I totally caught P off guard. So we ran each slight slope, kicking out buts with heels (ya...literally)...I think we ran about 1 mile out of the 6.7 miles. -- last time I was 120 pounds; was when I was running 6 miles 3/4 times per week. -- I am so freaking proud of myself!!! -- My ankle has a ton of hardware that needs to come off (7 inch plate, 9 pins and 3 screws), I have been postponing the surgery because it means 8 WEEKS IN CAST... maybe this will motivate me to get it completely fixed.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #42

Hello One and All!

Have been out of touch but keeping track of everyone's accomplishments and struggles. I have been having both. Happy that I am back on track with 5 workouts a week. On Monday I started dieting. Day 3 on plan and remembering why I dislike dieting!

I feel restricted when I have to count points and calories so I pulled out an old diet that a personal trainer had given me about 10 years ago. It worked then and I am hoping that it will work now. I can have 3 meals and 2 snacks. I was curious about the calorie count (couldn't help myself) and it averages around 1400 calories a day. I am hungry, but I'm committed to giving it a go. What scares me is if I am hungry on 1400 calories how many calories was I eating before????

Good luck everyone on continuing to reach our goals!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #43
~Krystal~

Busy last night and today, but I'll catch up. Before anyone starts freaking out about Wednesday's low cals, I'll explain.

DH wanted to go visit my parents Tues. night--right at my dinner time! I couldn't make dinner, as he was impatient to go, so I ate there. I would have been ok with just Subway, but my brother bought us some Honey Cinnamon Almonds, and I helped myself to 360 cals worth of them while playing dominoes!

To offset the high cals and to keep my body guessing, I severely dropped my cals on Wednesday--on purpose--to offset the high cals on Tuesday.

Terrible Tuesday
Zuzana's Berry Pancakes, Pineapple, 2 Tbs Whipped Cream: 500
PB2 Greek Yogurt w/granola, Trail Mix: 316
Broccoli Potato Mash, Grapefruit, 15 Bean Stew, Coffee, Honey Cinnamon Almonds : 711
Subaway 6" Turkey Sandwich, Activia Peach Yogurt: 350
Total: 1877

Exercise: 565
Water: 96 oz

Wednesday's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet: 144
Apple, 1/2 PB2 Greek Yogurt: 132
Salad, Sweet n Sour Chicken w/Miracle Noodles, SoDelicous Ice Cream, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple: 808
Total: 1084

If I had known we were going earlier in the day, I could have swapped some food choices around, but those almonds were hard to stop eating at 1/4c!!

Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #44
~Krystal~

LoveofSelf: Glad to see someone else cycling too. I think my body is in complete shock at this point, which is a GREAT thing!!

Kristiina: I am super thrilled about your This is the BEST news I've heard all day!! Just think if we could train for a 1/2 mary together--wouldn't that ROCK!!!

Gina: I had the same issue with those dang almonds. It was b/c they were honey and sugar! How the last one finally made it to my mouth was removing them from my sight! Then, I told DH to put them in his truck and eat them during the day & NOT to bring them back into the house. That is how I have had to do many foods that I just can't seem to enjoy 1 serving of. Some things can sit here for days on end, some things have to be devoured all in one sitting!

Guacamole: One thing I have learned in this journey: It is easier to stay OP then to get BACK OP! Same is true for exercise. I would probably be correct in saying that if you wait until you are motivated to exercise, it probably ISN'T going to happen. You just have to do it. Maybe think of it as a job…you have to be on time, dressed in the correct attire, meet certain qualifications for the job, & perform to the best of your ability once you're there. Exercise is no different. In the world of running, we say, "The hardest step is the FIRST one out of the front door!" I find this to be very true!!
to you--even if it's just walking! DO IT

ThinkinThin: Every time someone suggests I am on a "Diet", I QUICKLY point out to them, I am NOT on a diet. I hate that word. As far as I'm concerned, if people tell me this, they have just cursed me out.

I think of it this way: I have to eat. Today, I choose to eat this selection of food. Tomorrow, I'll have something different.

My MIL usually says, "What does diet start with? DIE--ok then, that's what I'm doing--dying!"

Old 01-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #45
Fat to Fab and Fit

I AM SORE!!! It would be fun to train for 1/2 marathon; omg, did I actually say that?? -- I will definitely start running more, Krystal.

ThinkinThin5 I think this is the hardest phase, first month, that is. Once you get over first month, those 1400 calories seem like a lot of food. Just hang in there!!

My scale was up this AM. 153 I can't seem to get below 150 or even stay at 151 range. -- I know I am probably retaining water weight in my muscles after yesterday, and I am within 4 days from TOM and my boobs feel like filled water balloons....

I had a busy day yesterday, I only did quick calorie entry, but eating was OP; working out the sodium, as well, from Tuesday's lunch.

BUT, I need to focus on the positive. My legs are looking really nice and staring to get quite shapely. I wore a big sweater dress with a belt and boots a few days ago, and I received many compliments. -- I only have tiny bit of fat on my upper thighs....

Well I am off to my 6.6 mile walk shortly here.

everyone have a fab day!

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~

Last edited by Sum38 : 01-26-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.