Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #2

Good Morning, Flowers! It's snowing, a breeze is blowing, and it's still a winter temperature of 19 in my corner of the world. I'm dressed, read the papers, and had my coffee, toast, and oj to start my OP day. I have lots I could and should do today. Bob just left for the office and then will make his Saturday morning coffee rounds.

I need to get busy and clean off the kitchen counter before I do anything else. Hope you all enjoy your day and do something fun just for yourself!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #2  

Good late morning ladies. Boy this medical stuff is seriously screwing up my routine. I seem to forget to get in here and post. I can hear a police car over on the busy street and he is making the siren do stupid things on and off, on and off and such. Since it is only one and it just stopped, must be a traffic stop somewhere near here. Since we are between two fire stations, we usually have a lot of sirens going back and forth, but you can tell the police from the fire engines.

Jean: Brr, sounds cold at your house. It is pretty chilly here today again, but it is beautifully sunny outside today. Unfortunately, this weekend I have housecleaning I have to get done. Jack is upstairs at the moment fooling around in his office. He said he would be right back and that was half an hour ago so I bet if I went up there he is playing a game of some sort. He gets easily sidetracked! As to the ablation, no I had a biopsy and d and c last time. I have never had this prodecure. She gave me a nice pamphlet that I gave to Jack to read all about it so he would know what will be happening so he can worry a little less. I am more concerned about finding something on the ct scan than the procedure. I have always been puzzled by the pain and such when I am not having any bleeding. Worries me something is going on with the ovaries or something, but we will know after Tuesdays test. Jack is taking the day off and going with me. I have had a ct scan before so nothing to worry about as far as having it, but I think he thinks he is relieving my stress or something so I am not going to disuade him from it for sure.

Maggie: I am not sure what brand I am going to get to wear in tennies. I have big feet and all brands don't come in big foot ladie's sizes! My sister has itty bitty size 6's and I have always wondered what it would be like to always be able to find shoes to wear, but they are so much better about bigger sizes than they used to be. I had such a hard time finding shoes to fit me when I was in high school. I had a pair of loafers I had for years just because I couldn't find other ones to fit me. I can always opt for a pair of men's shoes if they aren't too manly looking as so many of the running shoes nowadays are kind of gender neutral.

I have one row of blanket blocks done and sewn together and am working on the next row now. I really have to get with the program, but this is a kind of complicated pattern and I keep screwing it up and having to rip out and do it over, especially one darn row everytime I come back to it I goof it up. It is k3, * yo, k1 k2tog, k3, yo, k1, yo, k3, skp, k1, repeat from * ending with k3. Both ends of the knit 3 are the border and then the rest is the row for the heart and for some reason I get to the end where the k1 is and I have too many or too few st. I put stitch markers after the first 3 and before the last three so I make sure I knit those for the boarder on the wrong side and not purl them, which would usually occur, but for some reason I get hung up on that row. It increases the stitches from 43 to 49 as I have to knit four stitches together in row three. Anyway, now that I have confused and bored you to tears.....

I contacted Coca Cola world in Atlanta about whether or not they have seating throughout the exhibits before I buy tickets to walk through the place as it is huge. Between Jack and his knees and me and my knee and the abdomen cramping, I want to be sure there are places we can sit a spell between different areas before I buy tickets. I would really like to visit this place, but don't want to waste money. We have to pay $10 just to park.

Well gals, I am going to go back to knitting for awhile. You all have a great Saturday!!! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday & Sunny

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bright sun-shiney 35 degree day as I type. The temps for the day are said to be between 28 and 52 so before the day is over we will see warmer temps. I just saw a blurb on some new computer technology ~ and no I am not in the market for this for I believe I have no use for it and it would probably cause me migraines. Anyway it is a pair of glasses where you can receive e-mail in the lens and still see through the lens. Creepy. Computer glasses. Glasses that are a computer. Will just came in from the store and brought me some of the new WW cheddar cheese logs that are 2 p+ each. Now those will be great to eat with an apple and boiled egg for a nice breakfast. I have some of the string cheese for 1P+ that I love to eat with my Cuties and now there is a smoked version that I will get later. He also brought me a new bag of Cuties. Will has something going on with his foot that makes it painful to walk. He has an upcoming docs appointment to find the cause of this problem. He has such high arches that he may need sturdy supports in his shoes is my guess but I am not a foot doctor. He may have to go back to wearing cowboy boots which have great support. He used to wear them all the time. He has such wide feet he has them special made and they are spendy. Real spendy. He had a pair of Whites lace ups special made for him that were wonderful. We don't know what happened to them ~ they just disappeared once. They are the "never wear out" kind. One would think it hard for someone else to wear his boots for they were special made for him. Will is a 6'2" tall man with big hands and feet. Gotta have those big feet to hold him up. A long tall Texan from Iowa ~ go figure.

JEAN Burr you are chilly there. Ease into the house cleaning and it won't seem much of a chore. Put on some music and dance along while dusting and chasing those dust bunnies.

DONNA FAYE Hopefully a big place like that will have rest stations through out all folks who visit there are not the young and spry. They do make mens tennies that can be uni-sex. I buy mens SAS shoes because they come in wider sizes than the ladies but the shoe looks the same otherwise. I need the extra width to accommodate my brace. I put extra liners in the shoe that doesn't have the brace to make if fit better. I love SAS shoes and Will hates them for he also has a pair. I have flat feet and he has such high arches and they hurt his feet. He could put arch supports in them. I have to have a shoe that doesn't have a built in arch support. I have a catalog that has other shoes that accommodate a brace and have gotten some sandals from them.

GO NUTS
A variety of studies have shown that peanuts and other nuts, which are rich in monounsaturated fats, help contribute to weight loss and heart health. What's more, they're rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, copper, vitamin E and arginine ~ all of which play an important role in the prevention of heart disease. So smear peanut butter on a sliced apple, sprinkle chopped almonds on a salad or in yogurt, or reach for a handful of nuts instead of a bag of chips.

GO FRUITY
Take a moment to enjoy a slice of melon or a fruit shake. Packed with antioxidants, fruit is naturally sweet and keeps unhealthy cravings at bay.

Hope all of you are having a lovely day and a nice weekend.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-14-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #4  

"Gma" -- It has warmed up to 33 degrees, the sun is shining, and the snow is melting! I'm glad Jack is going with you to your CT appt. It's always nice to have some extra TLC along. I bet the Coca Cola exhibit will be an interesting place to visit. I would think they would have lots of available seating. I was wondering if the doctor thinks you might have endometriosis. Although that wasn't the reason for my surgery, they found it during the surgery. It can cause pain but I more more pressure than pain.

Maggie -- You are right! The computer glasses sound creepy! I eat the Kraft cheese sticks for 1 pt. I think they have more flavor than the WW, and are cheaper in our area. I hope Will doesn't have gout or bone spurs in his feet. Bob used to wear cowboy boots and blames them on how ugly his toes are shaped now! His whole family has ugly feet! I have almonds divided into individual servings; I thought they were supposed to be the best nut to eat. I am anxious for melon season again! The ones in the stores, right now, have no color nor taste to them.

Susan -- What are you up to today?

I hear the dryer buzzing so I'm off!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #5  

Good morning to all of you! Rough night last night so slept in again. I am not much better this morning so don't know how much I am going to get done today. Ahh well. Jack just went to the store to get me some more Pepsi One and I am working on those blanket squares. I am behind on my time line and need to catch up! I want to ship out everything by the end of the month.

Found out there aren't places to sit and the thing is mostly a tour. You have to stand for 45 minutes and that just isn't going to happen with either Jack or I so we won't be going there. You would think they would think about people who are mobile but need more opportunities to sit, but the Chattanooga zoo was the same way. You might go through two or three long exhibits before there would be anywhere to sit. The lady that told me all this says it is mostly one big advertisement for Coke. I know what the one in Vegas has, which is much less involved and is more about the big gift shop, but it would be interesting anyway.

Jean: It warmed up some here, but I hear the furnace on right now so it is chilly outdoors. No, I don't have endometriosis as the other gyn checked that when she did the d and c so this doctor is puzzled. I received all my paperwork and even a surgical appt of Feb 6 so she got right on it even though she said she wasn't going to schedule it until after the ct scan results were back. The one thing is I already had my blood tests and she scheduled me for more so I am going to call her tomorrow and see why that is because they are going to be so close together I wonder if my insurance would pay for the exact same tests twice. I have to also see my regular dr on the 25th to get a surgical release. I think that is a big fat waste of money since I was just in there in Oct and why couldn't she just contact my dr and get a release? They work in the same darn place and it isn't big, it is a clinic. I also have to go to the hospital and do a pre-registration and such, which is a pain, but then I don't have to do it the day of the procedure. I have always heard almonds are the best nut to eat too and I buy a couple different brands of lower fat cheese sticks or cubes. This last time I bought Sargento and they were really good. I buy a borden's brand too if they have them. I like to have them with a sliced apple and some low fat club crackers for a nice snack. I have huge flat feet and have always had flat feet. You could fly a Navy plane off my "flattops!"

Maggie: I had to giggle thinking about what you said about Will. Jay is 6'4" and has big feet. When we visit I will see him stretching them out long as he has long legs and this big ole shoes at the end of his legs. I imagine it costs him a pretty penny for shoes. You should see him next to my oldest sister. She is 5' tall. Looks like those old comics, Mutt and Jeff.

Well gals, Jack should be back soon and I see it is almost 10 am already. I need to do some prep work for dinner tonight. I am making myself stuff bell peppers and Jack some stuffed shells. He doesn't know what he's missing, but then he doesn't like bell pepper. Have a great day today. Faye
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, the never ending wind is blowing, and it's warming up as the the morning goes along. I've been to church; Bob is singing so won't see him until after noon sometime. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon -- I should make a list, cut it apart, and then draw from the pile. Then I could be surprised!

"Gma" -- It's good that you can sleep in if you don't sleep well during the night. I woke up about 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. I just watched the clock numbers change between switching positions. Bob leaves for church a little after 7 so I try to be in and out of the bathroom before he gets up. I think you have to have a mini physical so many hours before surgery, to be sure everything is working properly. I remember doing the same thing thinking what a waste of money. Stuffed peppers . . . !

I need to change clothes and finish reading the paper. Also think about something quick and easy for lunch. Enjoy your day today!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful sunny 60 degree day here in the Heartland. We had pot-luck after morning services and I ate sensibly and spent only 9 P+. Slipped dessert and was happy with myself. We will be going out to eat at Applebees where I can get a WW entree off their menu and stay within my allotted points for the day. Here it is already the middle of this first month of a new year and I am so happy to say I have been OP so far. There were sure some yummy desserts there today but I abstained and happily drank my coffee. Tomorrow I will bump up some of my exercises ~ slow and easy as I go so as not to hurt myself. I have hurt myself before it isn't pleasant for I had to stop for awhile and that is not good. Mentally or for my bodies betterment.

JEAN I like your list idea about cutting it up. I usually make my list in the order of what needs to be done first ~ for other things on the list sometime depend on something higher on the list to have been done first.

DONNA FAYE I am sure you will be relieved when they get you all fixed up back to exact. I find that weird they don't have any rest stations along the way in those places that are huge to visit. There are so many of us who need to take a break for not everyone is equipped to bash on regardless. I guess a few folks just have to fall out on the floor when they can't go another step before the powers that be put up rest stations. Rent wheel chairs and that way you would have a place to sit and rest for sure. When I was a teen there were four gals and four guys going to a theme park that didn't have rest stations so we rented 4 wheel chairs and the gals would push the guys around some then they would hop up and push us around some. It was fun and we sure got a lot of attention. But we always had a place to sit down that way.

SUSAN & GAIL Now the two of you have been absent for long enough. Time for you to get back and join in the fray.

STOP DRINKING YOUR CALORIES
Fruit juices, coffee drinks and regular soda are liquid calories that don't really satisfy your thirst. An eight-ounce regular cola contains 103 calories; the same amount of orange juice has 110. If weight loss is your goal, opt for low-or no-calorie beverages like tea, water, seltzer and skim milk.

LIGHTEN YOUR MORNING COFFEE
It's a no-brainer. Lose a pound in a month by lightening up your coffee. Use skim milk and artificial sweetener instead of cream and sugar. In just one month, you'll reduce your calorie intake by 3,600 - That's one pound!

I love my sugar free - fat free vanilla latte

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #8  

Maggie -- on no desserts at the pot luck today! That is willpower! I had to at your story about renting the wheel chairs at the theme park. I drink oj every morning and figure it doesn't stay in long enough to do any damage. I do count it as 1 pt. Alas, I already drink my coffee black so no help available there. Both are good hints though. I think both would be great attention getters for the younger generation. I'm going to do some reading and catch the 10:00 news before going to bed. See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 01-15-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies!!! I know I am seriously gettng sloppy about getting in here in the mornings, but I am just not running on all cylinders lately. I fell asleep sitting in the chair this morning as did Jack so we will probably be up late tonight. Tomorrow is cat scan day so can get that out of the way then Friday I will go in and do my pre admission stuff at the hospital and get it out of the way as I have to take Fortune to the vets to get his proheart shot. Love only having to have a shot once every 6 months and not buy the chews and try and remember them every month.

Maggie: You can go to Disney World and actually rent scooters there, which is nice for older folks and that is a huge amount of walking for people who are not young no matter how healthy they are. We made a change of plans and decided to go to Chattanooga instead. It is closer, the mall is much, much bigger and we are going to that murder mystery theater again and go to a different comedy about a murder at an office party. It isn't that expensive, around $25, includes salad, buffet, dessert and drinks and rolls and the murder mystery. Coca Cola World cost $16 apiece plus $10 for parking. Parking is free at the theater. We found a nice suite hotel at a great weekend price that includes a full hot breakfast, a two room suite with two flat panel tv's, sofa, chair, desk/table for eating, full kitchen, even free laundry area and a beautiful indoor pool. It is 3 blocks from the mall just across the interstate overpass and there are tons of restaurants around there too. I always go to trip advisor to check hotels and stuff out before we book and this one got 4-5 stars out of 5 and that was for over two years of reviews. Also, if something happens that Kelly has to back out of taking Fortune, we can take him though it costs a non refundable fee. Congrats on leaving the desserts alone.

Jean: What the preadmission is for these day procedures are blood tests and they check you all in, get insurance info and everything set up, pay co-pay if you have to, stuff like that so on the day of the procedure, you go straight to the floor to check in and they already have your stuff ready so you aren't filling out a bunch of stuff and wasting time. It is walk in though and you can sit for a long time. I plan on being there at 7 AM when they open so I can get it over with.

I am working diligently on the blanket to get it done and trying to read a couple books inbetween. This thing has a lot of patterned rows and it can make my hands hurt after awhile so I do a section of hearts then put it down for half an hour or so then do another section.

Well gals, looks like I need to get some lunch in me and see what I can get done today. Need to do laundry, clean, and get the dishwasher unloaded as I am waaaayyyyyyy behind. Have a good start to your week all. Faye
Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD DAY MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias. I am a happy camper this weigh day for I show a loss of 2 pounds which brings me to a total of 77# total loss. It sure feels good to be back on track and losing once again. I certainly want to hang on to this feeling. I love those little Cuties and they have become my most favorite “snack food.” I made a wonderful loaf of whole wheat bread with seeds on the top crust and it is so yummy for sandwiches. It is a sturdy bread and holds up well for that use. When I make a loaf I like to add fiber to the mix.

It is currently 35º with the high expected to only get to 42º with the low of 15º which makes for a cool clear day here in the ♥-Land. I will do my exercises inside until the nice spring weather gets here. Last year we jumped from winter into summer though. I may just keep exercising inside if it gets too hot outside like it did last year. I’m so fat that every pedometer I have tried doesn’t work right so I will just have to guess about my walking and count the laps instead of distance. Just do what it takes, I guess.

For Thursday evening meal, I am going to make a pot of Cowboy beans, a Cottage cheese Jell-O salad that will go well with the bean mixture and mix up a box of Krusteaz fat free honey cornbread. I love using the Krustaez products. Their fat free muffins are low point and yummy. Our guests will not know I have lightened the fare and I can stay on program easily for that meal. We love having company for a meal and the ones coming Thursday like this kind of a meal. So there you have it.

DONNA FAYE Well back in the time I was talking about was pre-scooter days. Remember I am old ~ and that was back in the days when I met Walt Disney when he was still building the park out in CA. Things have certainly changed since back in the “good ole days.” Every day gets closer to when you will be back to exact. I know you will be a happy camper once those cramps are stopped.

CONQUER YOUR CRAVINGS
Food craves can lead to willpower caves. What can you do to tame that craving for something you shouldn’t have too much of, or not a all? Try these tips.

DON’T GIVE IN TO YOUR INNER FOOD BULLY
Look at cravings as suggestions to eat, not commands to overindulge. Overeating does not have to be an automatic response to a craving. when a craving begins, determine how you want to deal with it. It is truly up to you.

Time has come for me to get off this I hope all you Magnolias are having a wonderful start to a new work week. Type at y’all later.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We are having the usual weather: windy, cloudy, and cold. Sunshine and warmer would be most welcome! The money balanced the first time at both the church and the hospital so I'm done with that for another week. I have laundry going and need to decide what I'm wearing to card club tonight. The hostess has a wide open house and it always seems cold to me, so I will dress in layers of some sort.

Bob has had a sore knee for a few days (a week+) and finally went to the doctor this morning. This afternoon he was to have an x-ray (to make sure it's nothing serious) and start pt along with a muscle relaxer. When he first mentioned it being sore I kept my opinion to myself and he finally decided to have it checked on his own. Men!

"Gma" -- Your trip to Chattanooga sounds like a fun one and a better choice in the end. I know you enjoyed your last dinner theater. It's good you could take Fortune along if you have to. I'm anxious to see the baby blanket when you finish it.

Maggie -- on losing another 2#s! You are doing just GREAT! It's ironic your tip should be about cravings. For whatever reason, I could have eaten everything and anything that was loose in the house yesterday. I wasn't hungry, I just didn't know what I wanted to chew on. That doesn't happen very often and I hate it when it does.

I need to unload the dishwasher and check on the dryer. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I didn't get a whole lot accomplished today but what I had planned and that was to re-arrange the frozens in my freezer. Will had bought me quite a lot of the WW frozen dinners and placed them hither and there and now I have them all in one area. He wants breakfast for dinner so that is what we will have. I have some Krustaez pancake mix that only takes water and they are very low in points and sugar free syrup or sugar free jam as a topping. I will spray a small skillet and "fry" some eggs that way and cook some of Schwans sausage where I can count the points easily and have a good dinner. Also, of course, I will have a couple Cuties. It will all fit nicely in the 22 points I have left to spend this day. After this last weigh in I lost a point so don't get to eat as much. That is a price we have to pay when we shrink.

JEAN Thanks for the kind words. I am still so determined to make this year work for me. It is a good feeling to get the books balanced isn't it. I sure hope that there is nothing major wrong with Bob's knee. It can be such a pain when knees don't work correctly.

Time for me to go start dinner. Have a great evening Magnolias.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #13  

Good morning, ladies! 60 degrees already this fine day!

I've been busy working every day and I spent the weekend with Sandy. We watched the playoffs and went shopping. She found a lot of great stuff at the sales but all the 12 and mediums were gone or too young for me. I have an appointment for my foot after work today so not working at JH tonight...a short day!

Maggie, congrats on the weight loss. You have the scale moving in the right direction. I had to chuckle at you having 22 points for dinner. I only have 26 for the whole day. I usually use 5 for breakfast.

Jean, don't get too good at doing the money or another group will be giving you the job! Men are something when it comes to going to the doctor.

Faye, you might have to see the doc again because when I had my surgery I had to have a physical done withing 30 days of the surgery. I hope this fixes you permanently. You sure have been through the maze trying to find the solution. That sounds like a lovely trip. Sandy and I were talking about going on a cruise this year but now that cruise ship sank I don't think so.

I'll try to get in more often. Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining (?) through the hazy cloud cover and the wind is still blowing. It "feels" like -12 outside . . . COLD! We did get some snow during the night and the wind is blowing it around into small drifts. I've been to the hospital to deliver checks I wrote yesterday, for bills, and to write more checks for bills that came in yesterday after I left. It would be so much simpler if I could just sign the checks and mail them.

Maggie -- Bob said this morning that his knee felt 100% better after taking the meds twice yesterday! I asked him if maybe that was "mental," and all I got was THE look for an answer. The doctor's nurse called late yesterday afternoon to talk to him, but he was in a meeting at church. Of course she wouldn't tell me anything.

Susan -- I was glad to see you this morning! It sounds like you had a nice weekend even if you didn't find any bargains while shopping. I'm not so sure about a cruise now either. I wonder if there is more to the captain than we know yet. I hope your doctor appt. is a good one!

I need to get busy and do some more laundry. I think it multiplies when I'm not looking. The dust bunnies had babies last night too. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 01-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Titalating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias. It is currently 14º degrees here in the ♥-Land and not expected to get any higher than 31º. We had a smattering of snow last evening but it didn’t last and is gone now. I am sitting here in my warm office drinking my morning and waking up to the world.

I have the burger and Italian sausage all fixed up in little balls in the freezer for the Cowboy Beans. That part is done for I like to get a head start on that dish before cooking date since it is a crock pot entrée. I’ll cook those and the bacon with the onions on Wednesday evening and stick them all in the fridge. I will wait until Thursday to make the cornbread and jell-o salad. So you see I have it all compartmentalized in my mind. I have the cans of butter beans, cannellini beans and pork and beans that go into the pot and all the other ingredients so I am ready. These beans are really good but they are also spendy in points but I can only eat a cup of them for 6 points +. It is a recipe that my mother always made during the holidays as a side dish and I asked her for the recipe and she smiled and said, “You have it in your crock pot booklet.” Yes, I did, but have found it isn’t in some of the later booklets that I have gotten through the years. It is definitely a “man pleaser” recipe. We could just about count on having those beans at any big gathering at my moms house. Turkey day or not. Will likes having them for the main dish and not just as a side dish for he likes his beans. If anyone wants that recipe I can type it out for you. It is one that when I make it to take to a pot-luck I bring home an empty pot.

I am going to pick out a pattern for a glass house to start on since my order of light fixtures should be here any day now. I can get the pattern cut out and the glass picked out and cut in the meantime while I wait. I think I might start on the Police Station and Jail. I have some dark glass that will work for that nicely. I am itchin’ to build.

SUSAN Good to know you are safe and well. I sure don’t blame you for not wanting to go on a cruise. I have heard that lots of folks have cancelled their reservations since that accident. Yep ~ I get a total of 30 p+ for the day then the 49 to use as “needed.” But that will all change as I lose for sure. I haven’t used all of the 49 each week yet this year so far but it is nice to know they are there ~ kinda like a safety net. Hope you receive good news at the doc about your foot.

JEAN That is good those meds helped Bob's hurt. Wonder what the x-ray showed that they wouldn't tell you about. Will's foot it much better but he is still determined to go to the doc and find out what it is that is wrong with it. I still think he needs arch supports. That would sure simplify your job if they would let you sign the checks. But maybe they are afraid if they let you sign them you will abuse the privilege. Not "you" in particular but someone.

All you wonderful Magnolias have a lovely day. Type at y’all later.