Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #46  

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello ladies! I looked forward to coming home and coming to check in on the new group. Love that it's quite an active group

I'm having such a hard time having the energy to workout. I rush to get the kids ready for school then work all day then come home, cook and eat dinner, and work with them on homework and bring them to lessons, put them to bed, etc. They will only be this young so long so I just have to hang in there. I'm so blessed that DH is such a big help though....he helps me from going completely insane! We have a pretty nasty schedule.

Group Question 1: Last night I had a Cauliflower/anchovie recipe and today I had grilled shrimp on the bbq with a spinach salad w/ avocado - yum!

Group Question 2: I am unfortunately not that good about dealing with life's stresses. My job is killer stressful. I often pray about my stress/anxiety and I spend alot of time talking to my Mom and my DH. I also love a long bath with a good book. I am an avid reader!

LW12 - Don't make the switch! Enjoy your Blackberry! LOL

Jamie - You can only get a ticker in your signature when you've been here for 20 days - I'm looking forward to getting one. I think it is somewhere on 3FC mainpage. As for cooking different meals, I always cook different meals. But I'm spoiled because DH cooks for himself and the kids and I cook for myself. We do have some combined meals like Salmon and grilled chicken, but I eat alot of different types of fish and seafood that nobody in my family enjoys. I also love a great salad and nobody here thinks that is an actual meal So yes, it is slighty challenging, but we make it work.

Jen - Your dinner last night sounds yummy - my kind of meal

Hilary - Your meal sounds really good too. Have you ever tried greek yogurt? I've heard it's alot like sour cream as well and anywhere you would put sour cream you can substitute with greek yogurt. I think I'm going to buy some this weekend to try it out. How did the 5am workout go? Do you workout before or after you eat?

Kim - I'm so glad we have a group as well. It was hard to figure out where to fit in here, so it's great we made our own "clique" Oooooh, your post reminds me of the fact that I used to eat taco salad ALOT..mmm. I'm adding that to my menu next week!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #47  

Morning Ladies! I just wanted to wish you a happy Thursday. Make it count today because tomorrow is Jewels Weigh-In Day!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #48  
New Life, New Me

S/C/G: 245/240/140

Height: 5'6"

So, I am a little late in joining this even though I was part of the original thread, sorry! In my defense though, it has been a very busy week. Everyone in my house had a stomach virus not fun. Anyway, Hello to all my name is Julie but most of my friends call me Jewels. I am the biological mother of three children, ages 6, 4, and 1; and the "step" mother of two, ages 14 and 12. One of my "step" children is disabled, and with all these kids I have little time for myself, but I refuse to not have control over my body anymore. As a bonus, my step children are overweight so the more healthful food I'm preparing is beneficial for them too! I miss being able to keep up with all of them though. I went bike riding a few times with them this summer and it was rough! I couldn't believe how fast I got winded, especially on hills! We used to live In a small town where I would walk or bike everywhere, about 5 miles minimum a day. Plus we were close to a beach where we could swim daily also. Now... that's not quite the case. Long cold winters and lack of opportunity has helped make me lazy. So... I'm joining a gym and counting calories. Hopefully this summer I can get some rollerblades/skates and get back on the bike too! I have also been doing some workouts from youtube on the days I can't go to the gym. charliejames1975... she kicks my butt no joke! Anyway, sorry to ramble... I just had a lot to get off my chest and so i just dove in.
MamaJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #49  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Hi Julie - Wow your name fits right in with the group name!

Hi everyone! I am nervous but excited for our weigh-in tomorrow! I was so tempted to get on the scale this morning but I thought, no I will be really good today and hopefully see the results Friday.

I bought some new food today to try. I just got finished getting all the seeds out of my first pomegranate! That was some work! I had some of them with some greek yogurt for a snack and it was pretty good. I am going to try some kale for dinner sauteed with fresh ginger and garlic - never had it but I usually like greens that way - may have to add a little parmasean cheese

Hope everyone is having a great day and we all see some results tomorrow!

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #50  

Smile

Hi all can i join your group please, i joined the forum this evening.

I'm Lorraine, aged 42 married and have 2 grown up children. I used to be a size 8 but after having kids and giving up smoking my weight has increased. I Have been trying to lose weight forever and as i am now over 40 i am finding the weight easier to go on and harder to come off I am not sure which diet plan to follow yet it is a choice of Scottish Slimmers, Weight Watchers or calorie counting. Which plan do you all follow
minnietheminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #51  

Welcome Julie and Lorraine! I just finished a dinner of grilled chicken w/ mushrooms and spinach. It sounds like I eat low carb, but I don't. I just reduce my carbs at night. I'm now on my way to bring my DD to gymnastics.

Lorraine - I am doing just good old fashioned calorie counting. I try to stick between 1300-1500 and then when I get below 200, I will move down to 1200ish or so. This has what worked for me in past.

Jen - I've been trying alot of new foods lately as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your pomegranite, it's so good for you!

Julie - It sounds like you're off to a great start already.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Today I weighed in at 204.4lbs - Thats a 4lb loss in a week. It makes all those moments of saying "no" worth it.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #53  

Laura78 ~ I'm going to take a leaf out of your book & soak in the bath with my book for an hour. Hoping it helps somewhat.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #54  

Congrats LW!

I'm down to 219.6 which is a lost of 3.8 lbs. I'm happy! Good Luck everyone
Old 01-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #55  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Way to go LW and Laura! I weighed in at 259.4 which is a loss of 2 lb for me! I will take it

Happy Friday!

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Nice work Ladies!

I weighed in at 301 this morning, which is a .5 loss from my Tuesday weigh-in.

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a little treat, so I'm happy with the loss.

Have a great FRIDAY! We got LOTS of snow last night in my city, which means SNOW DAY!!! Hanging with the kiddos, watching movies and drinking hot cocoa.
HilaryAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #57  
This is my life!

S/C/G: 231/221.6/150

Height: 5 ft 2

Good Morning Jewels!

Welcome Julie and Lorraine - happy to have you!

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN: 229.6 (down 1.4... but from what or when I don't know... when I entered the 231, I'm not sure what day it was from - or what scale... or what time of day... haha... we'll see what happens next week!)

Lorraine - I follow Weight Watchers PointsPlus. I love it because it gives me flexibility and structure at the same time... but can be a bit pricey depending on your "weightloss budget" and the plan you follow. I just started back a week ago but lost about 50 pounds on the Points Program about 50 pounds.

My first week's weigh in is tomorrow... so, that will give me a better idea of how the last week has been for me. I know I've been working out hard and following my points... but the scale doesn't ALWAYS reflect the hard work... oh well, if not this week... I know it will come off. The hard work is worth it!
KimG813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #58  

HilaryAnne ~ You got snow?! Lucky lucky lucky girl. I missed not having any snow this Christmas.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #59  

Laura78 ~ Maybe you could ask hubby about where to get a decent cover for my BB Torch 9800? I've tried eBay a few times & they've never fitted properly.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Ok Ladies, I am back... sorry for the quiet for the last week but I was having a little pity party of one and sleeping almost all the time.

Well i kicked myself in the proverbial a** last night and said that life goes on make lemonade.

Weigh in this morning 262 no loss but no gain either which is better considering I have done nothing.

Dinner last night was grilled chicken with Italian marinade over leafy greens and a light side salad of rotini pasta with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Started walking this morning, but for South Miss it was COLD.. almost 30 degrees this morning... not a good temp to try and start walking in lol.

Will post more often now that i am back to being ME
Kitten1966 is offline   Reply With Quote