Old 01-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #16  
This is my life!

S/C/G: 231/221.6/150

Height: 5 ft 2

Red face

I am so excited to be a part of this group (I'm also trying the blogging thing if anyone wants to check me out)

So let's see... I'm 29... I'm married, but my husband is in the Army and stationed in Korea for the next year. We don't have any children, but would like to start a family when he returns... So, among other motivations, I'm trying to get baby ready!

To reach my goals, I joined a gym, got a trainer and joined Weight Watchers. I lost about 50 pounds on weight watchers about 4 or 5 years ago... But gained it back and... As they say, 5 new friends...

Anyways... I'm so glad to have all of you to share this journey with.

Luck and success to us all!!
KimG813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6.5"

Happy Monday Jewels! I'm glad to see we have some new ladies joining us.

Today I go back to work after 2 weeks off. The kids are back to school as well so it's back to the regular schedule. I usually do 15-20 mins of internet in the morning so you'll usually see posts from me in the morning and after work depending on how much time the kids give me

This is day 4 for me and I'm starting to not feel so hungry. The hardest is that I gave myself a rule not to eat after dinner and I'm finding that the hardest and may even reconsider in.

So a group question - would we like to do weigh-ins together? I do mine on Fridays but I am open to any day. What do you think?

Kim - Welcome! Good luck on WW, from what I've seen it's the best program out there in terms of flexibility.

Jen - Congrats on your 30 lbs loss That is AWESOME! It sounds like you know what you're doing. 5 lbsa month is a great goal. I hope to lose 10 lbs for my first 4 weeks and then 5 lbs thereafter...hopefully that's doable. That would almost bring me to my goal b the end of the year.

Caryn - Welcome! I love the way you spell your name. I've never head of the PINK method, but it's my favourite colour anyway (yes, that is Canadian spelling!! LOL). It sounds intense.....you'll have to keep us posted on your progress.

Hello everyone else!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!!

I'm excited it's Monday for the first time in awhile. I start my winter semester today and am already ready for this Math class to be done. Haha.

Group Question - I am open to a group weigh in day. Right now I weigh in on Tuesday morning with my sister (we live together) but I may be able to influence her to choose a different day if Tues doesn't work for us all.

Laura - I don't have a treadmill at home but I have a gym membership. I prefer to run outside though whenever I can. Treadmill running can get quite boring!

Caryn - I live in GR too! I was training for the RiverBank run. I did the 5k one year and then was training for the 25k for the following before I got sick. I think I am going to do the 5k again this year, if you'd like to join me!!!!

Welcome to all the new comers!

Does anyone have any small goals they are striving for this week, specifically, rather than just overall weight loss?

My goal this week is to get in my 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY.

Hope your weekends were great!
HilaryAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #19  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Good morning,
Group Question - I also weigh in on Fridays so this would be perfect. I usually eat too much on Sundays (dinner with the parents and sisters every weekend) and if I do drink it is usually on Saturday so this is why I do it Fridays But I can switch if anyone wants to do a different day. I think it will be a great motivator!

HilaryAnne - I think I will join you as well and make my mini-goal water. I have been slipping on the water lately so this is a good goal.

Have a great day everyone! I am back to classes which I have been out of for a year and half so this should be interesting

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #20  
This is my life!

Thumbs up

Morning All!

GROUP QUESTION: I'm in for the weigh in, just let me know what day you ladies decide. Accountability is a must for me!

Today is the first day back at work for me since I started WW on Saturday... it's going pretty well. The key for me is to plan ahead... and I have so...

Let's see... a goal... For this week, my goal is simply to stay within my points... and to that I'll add... work out at least 3 times in ADDITION to my 2 sessions with my trainer. I've already completed 1.

Good luck today to everyone!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning again ladies. Seems our group has quieted down a bit - come on, we ca do it

Last night I had a bit of a "mini binge" and I wasn't so happy with myself. It was about 12 saltine crackers and I wanted more but at least I stopped. It doesn't seem so bad exceptI had already reached my calorie allottment for the day - bummer.

OK, so let's try for a Friday weigh-in if that's OK? Seems that is majority so far unless a few other ladies come back to us

My goal for this week is to just stick with it. I usually give up by day 4 or 5 and I just want to stick with it this time. Even if it means I have to have a few crackers

Kim - The points program has changed now, hasn't it? I used to follow it loosely. Back when I was 16 I even did the "old" WW with the 4 proteins, 4 carbs, 2 fruits, etc. It seemed more simple back then. I lost a bunch of weight which started my foray into yo yo dieting. I was only 140 lbs and I thought I was a cow. Now my goal is 150, LOL.

Jen - How was school??

Hilary - How was school for you?

Happy Tuesday!!!
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 307.5/301.5/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

I'll switch my weigh-in to Friday this week. I did have my first week weigh-in this morning and I am down 6lbs! YAY!!

Laura - School was good. I'm taking an online math class, so there is a lot of reading math and watching videos of math solutions. I took my first class quiz, to make sure I was in the right level class, and got 100% and then also took my week one pre-test to get my homework assignments and got an 80%! I'm pretty happy with those scores. It's my FIRST EVER college class! Good job stopping yourself from eating anymore crackers. Just remember today is a new day and YOU CAN DO IT!

Jen - How did you do with drinking water yesterday? I felt like my teeth were floating a bit. LOL

Kim - Good mini-goal to have, workouts are so important!

My sister and I went to the gym last night to meet with a trainer we are thinking about signing up to take some sessions with and my arms are KILLING me today. It was my first workout in awhile and it felt really good to sweat.

On to another day! Stay strong, Ladies.
HilaryAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #23  
This is my life!

Good Morning Ladies!

I have a Saturday weigh in with WW but I will do a Friday morning with you all on MY scale. lol... I also have a Wednesday weigh in at work with a coworker... but that's good for me because it prevents me from trying to cheat in the early part of the week and try to kick it into gear near the weigh in date.

Let's see... Laura, yes, WW is more complicated now... when I first tried WW (briefly 10 years ago), they counted calories, fat and fiber - this changed last year to fat, fiber, carbs, and protein. I never did it the way you were talking about it, but I lost some weight on LA Weight loss a few years back and that's how they counted. Anyways, although it is more complicated, they have A LOT of tools to help you thru. I have the eTools which allows me to track on my computer, on my iPad, and on my iPhone. And just this morning, I found out about an iPhone app that lets you scan the barcode of an item and it the nutritional info pops up WITH the PointPlus value... IT IS SO COOL!!

Thanks Hilary! I really must say, I'm getting into this working out thing and even though I haven't made much progress with the scale - I already feel so much better about myself. I was working out last night and thought to myself "I can do this... yes, I will do this". I can already envision and thinner, healthier me. I wanted to do 50 minutes of cardio last night but it was 7pm and I was only at 30 minutes and still had to cook and eat dinner... so I cut it short... but even still, I'm 1 workout away from reaching my workout goal for the week. Tonight I meet with my trainer so I should get the extra one in on Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today... I know I plan to!

-Love Life.... Kim!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #24  
go ticker go!

Hi Girls!
Laura - School was good. The thing that sucks is I was in a program and took a couple of semesters off. Most of my friends graduated last spring but financially I couldn't afford not to work for a bit. So now I am in classes where everyone knows each other and are friends. But I did find out that one of my friends is taking one class with me and will be graduating this spring with me so that will be nice! Don't worry about the 12 saltines! I know with myself I will always want a snack at night so I leave myself the points/calories. I don't believe in the not eating after x time - I figure its calories all day whenever you eat them
Hilary - awesome job with the 6 lbs!!!!! The water was good. I feel better when I drink more water. Although it also involves more trips to the bathroom!
Kim - I love envisioning myself thinner too! We can say we are doing it for health (which is true) but I try to stay motivated thinking how awesome I will look when I reach my goal!

Have a great day everyone!

Jen
Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 300/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies. My name is Brittany I am 24 years old. I have been big my whole life and I'm sick of it! I'm so ready to take control of my life and start living it my way. I'm going to try the P.I.N.K method, seems like something I can do. I am still single, no kids, not many friends. I have a career and just bought a house 6 months ago. I look forward to doing this journey with you ladies
Tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #26  
go ticker go!

Hi Brittany!
Welcome! Congratulations on buying your first house on your own! Look foward to getting to know you better

Jen
Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #27  
This is my life!

First... WELCOME TINK! Since you say you don't have many friends - feel free to count me as one! Congrats on your new house and your upcoming weightloss success... I think we should all begin speaking these things as though they already were!

To everyone else... tried something new today and went to Jimmy John's for an "unwich". For those of you who have never had or tried and unwich, it's any of their sandwiches, as a lettuce wrap (instead of the bread). It was actually pretty good and very filling. The only thing that bothered me was thinking about all the people who can eat nothing but bread all day and not gain a pound Really though, having the lettuce (IMO) gave it a fresh crisp taste. Just a suggestion for someone looking to try something new/different or who wants a lower calorie sandwich substitute. Also, these can easily be made at home (for a fraction of the cost).
Old 01-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 210.2/202.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi & welcome to everyone that has joined. Good to see you all!

Laura78 - Friday weigh in works for me, that's my "weigh in" day anyway. I hear a lot of people talk about not eating after 6pm etc. That would never work for me. I only finish work after 6pm!

HilaryAnne - No specific goals for this week. I just want to maintain the healthy eating, no slip ups. Although my "in the near future" goal is to get down into the 190's again. When I was on a diet last year I got down to 197 & felt soooo good for it. I look back now & wonder how I allowed myself to creep up again from there. Grr!

KimG813 - I'm a bread fiend. Its one of my guilty pleasures. I just love nothing more than a sandwich, or bread with pasta, soup etc. etc. Its been the 1 thing I have found hard to cut down on.

Last edited by LW12; 01-11-2012 at 02:03 PM.
LW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all, my name is jamie, I am 40, married, have 3 teenage sons. My problem is i eat out of bredom and stress. I dont drink, smoke or do drugs so food is my only vice. My ultimate goal is around 150 but my short term is under 200, I am at 234 now. I have never tried ww but have been ntertaining the idea lately. I have tried alli and i liked it but would like to try something different. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone , I am Sara... 46 and desparate to lose some weight this year... I Blossomed over twice the recommended weight for my height ( 100 lbs over 5 years) and looking forwards to new ideas for tricks to curb cheating and increase energy. Right now I am changing eating habits and increasing exercis moderately
Kitten1966 is offline   Reply With Quote