Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

LONG work day here. It was my first official day in my new role. I felt like a fish out of water.

I am still working at the same company that I have been with for 5 yrs but working in a different Global Business Unit than I have been in so it's like being in a differant country for me. While we are all the same Company, each GBU has its own products and slightly different ways to accomplish the work.

I am also in a different building than I have been in for the past 5 years so I don't know to many people or where things are. It will all work out..just have to give it time. I am still excited about the role---and it was a promotion for me!

Dee: That is a GREAT loss! Good job. That system is really working for you. I will share it at my TOPS meeting.

Liz: We plan meals for the week (and I have a cook who comes 2 times a week and fixes our meals) so that helps me to stick with what we plan at least Mon-Thursday (we do leftovers on Tues and Thursday); we try to cook on the weekend but end up going out a lot.

Carri: I hope you get to feeling better soon but WOW and I am proud of you for sticking to your guns, while sick, and it sure paid off at the scales for you!

Mandy: Hope you are feeling better..so much "stuff" going around.

I have no idea what the scales will look like tomorrow night but it will be what it will be and to change them going forward is up to me (it always seems to come back to that doesn't it? lol

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 02-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #77  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

dee - the only reality show we watch (i say 'we' because hubby and i rarely watch tv separately) is the voice. i will confess that i only started watching it because of a crush on blake shelton :P but it is actually pretty interesting, and the 4 judges are pretty funny (cee lo green is entertaining like you wouldn't believe).... and i love that the hosts watch the prerecorded stuff (that's on now, the blind auditions) and they post their tweets during the show across the bottom of the screen. other than the voice, mostly we watch crime dramas (castle, bones, white collar) and hubby really likes royal pains, so i watch that with him. they are our exercise shows... we go to the gym to watch them because we don't have any kind of cable in our apartment.

susie - i'm feeling much better, thanks! the only issue i seem to have as right when i wake up. but getting up and moving seems to clear the rest of the fog

carri - congrats on your 4 pound loss... even if it comes at the expense of comfortable sinuses. i hope that gets better soon, and makes work easier for you. i hate sinus infections, i think they are the worst sick you can have!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #78  
It is what it is...

Morning All, had a good OP day yesterday

Mandy - I LOVE The Voice ...my husband and I always watch it ...I like it because they don't bring people on who can't sing just to make fun of them ( like American Idol, haven't watched that in years ) ...and yes Blake Shelton is a cutie.

Susie - You have someone come to your house and cook? Wow, that sounds nice...that would be so helpful if you worked a lot. Hope you get acclimated
( did I spell that right ) quickly...I am sure you will do a great job. Good luck on the scales.

Last night dh brought me home some fresh tulips from the flower store and a small bag of Bugles ( love those things ) because he knew I wasn't feeling well ( those of you on fb already know this haha ) ...it was sweet and I was able to only have half of the small bag of Bugles and put the rest up which is a big accomplishment for me.

I am feeling better today, things are definitely starting to loosen up and come out ...getting more snotty day by day, haha

have a great day all !!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #79  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Chicklets we had a crazy 4" snowfall overnight & today it warmed-up & is melting already, so I didn't have my tops WI cause the roads r nasty & schools are closed.

Carri, yup the romance is alive in your home your DH is a sweetie-pie.

Is Christina A. still on the Voice, I Love her voice. Yup I Love to watch that show when my NBC signal isn't fuzzy. Isn't it amazing that Christina & Brittany Spears & Justin Timberlake & Lance Bass were all Mickey Mouse Club kid stars the same years, singing together. Cee Lo is a 'hoot' on the voice I got Blake's autograph & pic @ a airport a couple of years ago, his eyes & smile r sooo sexy in person

Mandy, My DH also watches the crime dramas like you do too. What is royal pains? A British biggest loser?

Susie, Liz, Mel, Visonary, & Arabella

~Think Slimmer~~Eat Slimmer~~Be Slimmer~ Luv to you all, Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-21-2012 at 08:19 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - those tulips are beautiful!! I love tulips. Glad you're feeling better!

Susie - Congrats on the promotion!! Hope the scales were good to you! I'd love to have a cook.....sounds like a great time saver!

Dee - That sounds really nice, to change a favourite pattern into another outfit altogether! I wish I had talent like that.

Well I didn't stick to my 3 slice limit - I made it to 5 slices. Naughty! So I've been trying to be good - but I've been a bit more snacky than usual, so up to 136 right now. Oh well just have to be a bit more careful and get it back down again. We have a holiday on Monday (I think you guys do too, for us it's family day and I think you have president's day?) - and we're headed down to Rochester, NY on Sunday and we're going to stay overnight - we're going to go to the museum of play there, I am so excited! Hope everybody a great Friday!

Last edited by sept15lija; 02-17-2012 at 01:33 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #81  

Hi Everyone!

I am sitting here posting and DH is in the kitchen making breakfast, bacon, pancakes and eggs.

We always have a later bigger breakfast on Saturday and then we eat a snack in the afternoon after the house is cleaned, then we go get grocery's and order dinner out when we come home or we might be having dinner with friends so we go out. Tonight we are taking DH's dad out to dinner tonight for his birthday. We do cook on Sunday.

As I'm sitting here reading the posts, I'm just smiling and DH asks me what I am smiling about and I told him that it's just all of you ladies...you make me happy and inspire me and keep me in touch with myself. So THANK YOU!

I had a 1 lb gain at TOPS. So, I am up 3 from my lowest weight (288) in a long time. My focus for the next 2 weeks is to get below that 288 number. I just have to keep focused and the way I do that is to come here and read and post everyday, use my Lose It app and get back to the Y 3-4 times a week.

I survived the 1st week of my new job. They already gave me an additional assignment for my work plan. I will be preparing the agenda and taking the minutes for a Leadership Team meeting.

We have Monday off (President's Day) and I will spend a few hours working so that I can get a bit more organized and hopefully start working that way in this role.

My managers calendar is crazy and I have to keep up with it. I'm new to supporting her so I'm just learning the meetings she has to attend or is a Sponsor off. I have to ask her all the time about conflicting meetings and her priority, so we sat down a bit on Friday and went over her recurring meetings and which ones are have to's or like to's or should be for her so I can start managing it myself without having to wait and ask.

I'm making a spreadsheet of all that info so that it is at my fingertips and I can look at it and quickly process the calendar invites and move what needs to be moved. Information at my company comes fast and has to be handled quickly and correctly. As we are Global it can be challenging at times with all the different time zones. I guess that is why they call it "work"! lol

Many of you commented about me having a personal chef twice a week. It has been a great thing for us since we both work and have a 45-60 min commute both ways daily.

We have done this for a little over a year. My personal chef is a young family friend who has been going to culinary school for the past two years. She will graduate in May and in July she is headed to Mexico for 1 yr to do a mission trip and teach the cooks at a orphanage there how to use the resources they have to make healthy and different meals. The past two summers she went to this mission and worked with them for 6 weeks, doing a lot of things beside the cooking and she feels called to do this.

So, I'll be losing her in July. I don't have anyone lined up to do this for us after she leaves. I'm praying that I will find someone I can trust to come in and do it for us.

Carri: Tulips are beautiful and one of my favorites. How nice of DH to do that for you and congratulations for not eating the entire bag of bugles at one setting...that is a great NSV! I am glad to hear you are feeling better..and getting more snotty! lol Drink lots of water to get that stuff moving, thinned out and gone!

Dee: I hate it when the bad weather keeps me from my TOPS meeting.
We had a great meeting this week, very uplifting and building excitment for weight loss.

In the newest issue of TOPS news there is a program that utilizes a bingo type game. Have you seen it? We are using it as an ongoing thing to get ourselves moving and trying new ways of exercising and getting back to exercises we used to do. The square they pulled for this week is walk 1/2 mile. I do have that on my bingo card and it's something I do pretty regulary daily (I usually walk 2-3 miles a day when I am in a routine), so I've got this week square covered!

The first person that "bingos" will have a choice of an exercise ball, kettle balls or exercise bands.

I wish you could come and cook for me..and sew too! It's hard to find people to do those things.

Mandy: I LOVE it that you and your DH watch those shows and exercise together. I am going to mention this to my DH and maybe we can do that at least one workout a week together. I want to get him back to the Y with me. It helps me to go as well when he is going to.

Liz: I LOVE pizza too! I'm sure you will get that 3 lbs back off and at your maintence weight. Have fun at your time in NY...sounds like a great time!

DH is telling me breakfast is ready. I feel so great now that I have started my day with all of you. I KNOW it will help keep me on-plan today.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #82  

It was a great weekend and I was on plan most of the time. Went a little over my calories on Saturday with eating out.

I am off work today and getting ready for my day. I have some things I want to get done this morning, then this afternoon I'm going to watch a movie or nap. Meeting a friend at 7 p.m. tonight to walk the indoor track at the Y. We have found a 5K Walk/Run (i will be walking) Race to do at the end of March..time to start training. We want to finish it is 50-55 min. Shaving a little time off each race that we enter.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #83  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...so I am pretty jealous of all of you that have today off ...I work at an ins company and we don't Oh well

I had a good OP weekend....my total loss for my first week back on was 4.6 pds so I am very happy with that, although I realize I wont be able to keep that up long term...just want my normal 2-3 per week ...well most likely 2

Liz - You are doing so great with maintenence, you are so smart about it ...so I wouldnt worry about the 5 slices...I have such a pizza issue...I LOVE it !!!

Susan - glad to hear the job is going well ...guess it will take some adjustment time ....dont worry about the gain, you can get that off pretty easily...and thanks...you make us smile too

Hi Dee !! Hope you had a great weekend ...and Hi to Mel, Arabella, and Auntie G as well.

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Carri
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #84  

dee: royal pains is a medical drama on USA about a 'concierge doctor' (hank) his brother, and his physician's assistant, that basically do house calls for a bunch of rich folks in the hamptons. it's pretty interesting, but my husband likes it a lot more than i do.

well, it's monday and that means we're gonna put our gym clothes on, go sit on a comfy leather couch for 2 hours and watch the voice, then at 10 head down to the gym and workout while we watch castle. woo!

i posted this on MFP: so, in my collection i have a few "walk away the pounds" dvds, a "yoga for beginners" dvd, as well as the full set of "billy's boot camp" dvds. considering switching out my afternoon walk (it just doesn't get my heart rate up anymore!) for 30 mins yoga/30 mins billys boot camp (alternating)... last time i tried the boot camp DVDs i couldn't get through the first 10 minutes before i felt like i was gonna die. i think i could do better now.

i'm tryin to make up my mind on this i LIKE walking. but it's just not the workout it used to be (yay for that)... tryin to turn it up a notch.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #85  

Hi. It was back to work today and it was a busy day.

I am having so much trouble getting into a regular workout routine and I find it surprising as I used to love to work out. It's just that when I get home I am tired and so I take a few minutes to relax and then I don't want to go back out. I do well for a couple of days and then my workout partner can't make it and so I just don't go.

I know if I start getting into a regular routine that I won't be so tired, but it feels like a catch 22. I would love some advice/input on this.

My food is good and the good part of my new work area is that I have to climb 20 stairs daily to get to my desk.

Carri: WOW! What a great loss!! That is a good way to jumpstart and feel really good about what you are doing.
Sorry you had to work yesterday.

Mandy: I am a walker and I love it but I think it is good to vary the workout routines so you should try something new.
I don't see myself ever getting to where the walk doesn't get my heart rate up because when that starts to happen I just increase the incline.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #86  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls

All going well here, snuck on the scale this morning and was down another pound, I have said I am only going to weigh myself every Saturday but the scale got the best of me and had to peek...My goal is two a week though so hopefully I can squeeze another one out before Sunday

Susan - I am not a good person to give advice on working out...I hate to do it and I rarely do it ...I am thinking about buying a bike to ride on the trails around our neighborhood for the Spring though ...figure that is something I enjoy...they say food is 90% of the weightloss so I never really put much thought into the exercise part except that I know in a few years I will be 40 and I need to tone up as I lose as well.

Had to dvr Biggest Loser last night, this has been the first season of it that I am not real into it ...I think it is the cast, especially Conda, I want to go and kick her butt around a little, she drives me nuts with her attitude...but I guess I will watch it tonight ...

Also tonight is the last episode of My 600 Pound Life , I have loved watching that show and will be sad to see it go ...this one ( per the previews ) seems like it might be the best one yet ...If you have missed them all I think I saw that on Saturday ( maybe afternoon to evening sometime ) they are going to run all four of them and I believe its TLC channel.

Have a good day everyone !!!

Carri
Old 02-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #87  
It is what it is...

Morning All ....just got done having my breakfast with a side of antibiotic, haha....I have been real into the Chobani yogurts lately for breakfast ...you girls like them? or had them? It's a greek yogurt, I like them because they are not too sour, have a ton of different flavors to choose from and have 14 or more grams of protein per container ( which is great for yogurt ) and the one I had this morning, blood orange, was only 140 cals ...so if you like yogurt and you havent tried them, give them a try, they are good ...I also had a granola bar to go with...I am excited because me and my brother are going out for lunch today and we are having SUSHI ...one of my favorite meals....filling and low cal ...I will get one roll, a seaweed salad and have some edamame ....can't beat that and it will stay with me all day....

How are you all doing?

Carri
Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I am on my way out with the kids right now but I really wanted to say hi, things have been so busy - I'm actually off this week but have less time in front of the computer since the kids occupy most every single waking second! I'm about to take them for a long walk in advance of all the snow that's coming! Them and the dog, since I know I won't want to take the dog out later. Hopefully I can be back on tonight and do some individual posts but wanted to at least say Hi! See, in the time it took to do this post, they got into two fights. Groan!!!!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #89  

i've officially started strength training

my arms/back/chest are gonna hate me tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #90  
It is what it is...

Morning All ....tgif !!!!

Mandy - how are you feeling today after the new workout? I know I would be sore my muscles don't get worked out at all haha

Liz - thanks for stopping in, we need you around to inspire us and show it can be done...and maintained !!

Not much going on here, just had breakfast and now want lunch

Hope you all have a great weekend !!!!!

Carri