Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #16  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls !!

Susie - What is up with Bob and Dolvette and their annoyance of eachother...that was a little crazy last night ...I didnt notice any of that last season but they really seem to be getting on eachothers nerves this year...I was glad the guy who left went home...but I did feel bad for him in the end...he should have turned it around in the house before he got voted out...

Not much going on here...nose is stuffed again ...seems to be after certain meals that it clogs up...I have heard that it can be an allergic reaction to some food ( maybe dairy ), but I am getting annoyed by it ...

Anyway hope you all are having a good day, talk to you later.

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - Good for you girl, you had a hard day and decided to get right back up and try again! And anyways - you were under your calories anyways (I always call that a win!! ) Life is going to be crazy anyways, so you may as well just keep on keeping on! You can do it!!

Dee - I have always just done calorie counting, and that's what I've been doing in maintenance too. I don't restrict any particular group of foods, but try to eat healthy and include treats in small amounts!

Carri - I agree with you about churches, my church is fairly progressive in that area and some people are very uncomfortable with it and have left - but I'm very happy with how things are there (as are the majority of us). Good job on the no soda - hope your nose is feeling better!! It is annoying when you can't breathe properly!

As for me just working away....things are busy lately and I'm feeling stressed out! Too much going on with work and kids and just, everything. lol Oh well...I feel like I need a vacation already....groan....anyways hope everybody has a great day!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

susie -my plan is a simple one. i count calories using myfitnesspal and only eat between 1pm and 9pm (hubby and i are both night owls). i've found that IF works best for me. i eat a normal sized brunch meal around 1. small snack around 4. dinner's between 6 and 7. snack at 9. then bed around midnight. hubby and i will typically go to the gym either at 9 or 10 (when there's a weekly tv show on we want to watch) or before dinner. it's easy now because we're both home all day (most of the time) while he's on his winter break for school and i don't have a day job. side note: it's funny how nobody wants to hire you when they know you won't be around more than 6 months.

everything is going fairly well, minus a few false starts. white chicken chilli last night for dinner was great. i made sure to use the reduced sodium beans and broth. the night before i went over a bit because i had planned on rotisserie chicken then we couldn't get it... and we had to have steaks because it was the only meat thawed. it had been in the freezer for a while so to combat the freezer-flavor i topped it with some spaghetti sauce, onion and pepper slivers, and light mozz cheese. turned out very good, so i can't complain about going over on the cals. and the day before that i was trying to make something in the toaster oven, only it didn't shut off when it was supposed to and burned to a crisp - complete with a small (contained!) fire and lots of smoke. we were lucky the smoke alarms didn't go off. the day before that every time i went into the kitchen to cook, i dropped the food on the floor as i was preparing it.... unlucky!

but today i had a light breakfast. grapes and a glass of skim milk... cause i plan on thoroughly enjoying the spaghetti dinner i've got ready to go. i've just got the sauce on to simmer. mmm.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Hi All!

Busy days for so many of us; I know its hard to get here but I feel that this is what keeps me on track. So please help me by coming as often as you can.

Tonight is weigh-in. I have no idea what the scales will say. I don't "feel" like I lost or gained..so we shall see.

We are supposed to get snow today and tomorrow---I am thinking I might send it to Dee and Cari and I think Liz wanted some too?

Cari: I noticed the Bob and Dolvette and their annoyance of each other thing too. I don't know why it is there. Maybe because they have different couching styles and I think I hear Dolvette say he has to beat Bob (I think he said that last week), so maybe its that Dolvette is making it competitive and Bob only makes it about the people he is working with?

If I were at the Ranch, I would want Bob as my trainer..his style would motivate me more--especially when it was him and Jillian. It's not because Jillian would yell so much is was about how she did it--I always saw through it. She was preteneding to be tougher and not care more than she really did. With Bob, he is what you see.

I will have to say that I think Dolvett is HOT!

How are you doing with the no soda?

Liz: Vacation sounds good! Remember to be good to yourself in non-food ways when you feel that stress coming on. You have to take care of Liz in order to take care of the other stuff.

Mandy: thanks for sharing your plan. I just took at look at your ticker and I see that you and I almost started at the same "place". You have done well..and I know you will keep going. I'm watching you to see how its done!

Mel, Arabella, Dee and Auntie: Where are you guys?!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #20  
It is what it is...

Morning All - still no soda ..so today is a week of no soda ...one week down...once I really get it out of my system I dont really care ...I love water anyhow and we have Ice Mountain delivered to our house monthly in the five gallon jugs that we put on top of a cooler ( like the one's at some business' ) and it really hellps to have nice cold water anytime you want...plus Ice Mountain is my favorite...

Susie - yes everyone knows Dolvette is an extreme hottie, haha ...I would also like Bob as my trainer...and I really miss Jillian...but I understand she wanted to move on...we did get about 3 inches of snow yesterday and last night and I LOVED it !!! Good luck on the weigh in

I am so glad I made it to Friday, we have a three day weekend because of MLK day and I am so thankful, need a break already

Hi to everyone and I hope you all have a great weekend !!! Stay OP !!

Carri
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #21  

TGIF! I have a 3 day weekend too!! But I will most likely work a couple of hours from home cleaning up my work email.

Right now I'm doing one job at 100% and training my replacement and my other job at 35%. It was only supposed to be 25% but I kept track this week and it turned out to be 35%. It's ok..I will survive it!

We didn't have TOPS last night due to the snow. We have a lot of "mature" ladies and I they don't brave the elements. So, I will just have to wait until next week--it gives me another week to work hard to show a big loss for 2 weeks.

Carri: You are doing a great job with the no soda..it is hard to get off it but once you do it's awesome. You have done it before and I have faith you will do it again. Seems like you always have good losses when you don't have soda in the mix.

I am happy you have your snow...so now can it be over?!
It doesn't have to get hot but I would love to not freeze even in my coat!

Have a great weekend everyone; I will be around off and on and hope you are too!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #22  

susie - i got it done before thinking "i really don't want to be 300 pounds when i get married..." that was mid march, and by my wedding day (two months, one week later) i had lost 30 pounds and the day before my wedding i weighed in at 268 or 269, don't really remember, but was under 270, and thrilled that i could do it. i had a reason to lose the weight quickly and it worked well. i kept the momentum going after the honeymoon and got back into my weight loss plan and within 2 weeks had lost the 7.5 pounds gain from the honeymoon, and was back on track... by the time i had to move in august i had lost a total of 50 pounds. pretty much all of august was a free for all while i moved from VA to SC and got started working a new job. but i managed to re-lose the gain from that plus a few more pounds down to 246 and that was all well and good, but then birthday, halloween, thanksgiving, travels, christmas, new years, etc happened and i'm not entirely sure how much i've regained. but right now i'm just trying to re-establish my healthier habits (counting calories, reducing them slowly, drinking all my water like i'm supposed to, and exercising regularly)... then come february 1, i'm recording everything and getting back to what worked so well for me last year.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #23  

Height: 5'5

Jumping on the bandwagon here!

had a good day. Went for a walk and stayed on plan. Just need to avoid the late night munchie monster now.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #24  

It is very quiet here. Where is everyone? I am having the hardest time getting my "game face" back on and I have no idea why. BUT..I won't give up. Every day I will try.

I will say I'm a pit disappointed as I was doing so well, but I must move forward right?

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

Cherrypie:

Mandy: I think I will try what you are doing now: "just trying to re-establish my healthier habits (counting calories, reducing them slowly, drinking all my water like i'm supposed to, and exercising regularly)... " that is really the way that works. Thanks for sharing it with me!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 01-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #25  

FEELIN GOOD!!

healthy eats today. well, mostly... my pb-honey sandwich on whole wheat was more calories than it was worth i think! but the chicken stirfry and brown rice for dinner was delicious and full of veggies and lean meats! and i clocked the bowl full at 500 calories.

made it to the gym too! did 35 mins on the elliptical (and it said i burned approx 330 calories) and 25 mins walking at 2.5 speed, 3.0 incline burning about 150 calories (according to the machine).

i hadn't been to the gym since just after thanksgiving! i was so worried i would barely be able to do the 30 mins plus cool down on the elliptical, but i managed that plus treadmill time to finish out the hour we were there to watch castle AND I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE I WAS GONNA DIE. so happy with that. going back tomorrow night to watch white collar!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 01-16-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Default Gained, But Back on Track...That's Why I'm HERE!!!!

Hello ,

I have not been on the site for several months and am back up to 207. Holidays kinda got me. It could have been worse. At least I am working out and walking.

Anyway, back on the express and moving back into Wonderland.

I feel remotivated. I admire people who don't take a break but guess I needed it. I'm here now!

Interesting...I forgot how to move the ticker...I guess I'll just leave it there for motivation!!!!

Last edited by Visionary; 01-17-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: addition
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #27  

hey ladies!

hope everyone is doing well

mostly healthy (though on the salty side of things) foods today! greek yogurt, and chicken, and veggies and fruits... and a trip to the gym that made my thighs cry. the cross country trainer on the treadmill is a beast. the 12% incline is now my personal foe and i will defeat it!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #28  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Girls - sorry I havent been on in a few days...my weekends get the best of me and I dont think to get on the pc ...I have been doing so so, like Susie I am having a hard time getting into the mind set, which I hate ...I did have soda again this weekend ( confession time ) ...so another set back ..did weigh myself yesterday and thankfully am still where I was a month ago although I dont know how I am managing that, but I am very thankful ...

Welcome to the people who keep popping in ...can't keep up with it all ...

Susie - Yes, we wont give up, just keep forging ahead and think of the future...my doc appt is 2/28 and that just keeps getting closer and closer, may have to reschedule, haha

Hi Liz, Arabella, Auntie G, and Mel !!!!!

HOpe everyone has a great day !!!! I am craving chicken salad !

Carri
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #29  
It is what it is...

SNOW !!! Its dropping like crazy right now...we are only supposed to get 1-2 inches but it is coming down pretty hard so we will see ...had a good day eating wise yesterday...better than I have been ...bought some good low cal, high protein snacks for work so I wont be tempted to go to the snack machine here with the cookies and chips that I crave !! haha

Anyone else getting snow? Mel ? Susie ? I know you guys are in my path of it ....

HOpe everyone is having a great day !!!!!!

Carri
Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #30  

good days make me happy... days with slips that i manage to account for and still stay within my calories seem to make me even happier today is one of the latter... and i'm feelin good after a trip to the gym!