Old 01-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Got back from Paragould around 4 p.m. Had a good visit with the uncles yesterday. Went shopping yesterday also but only bought food for the next two day's. I'm looking forward to my four day week end this week. It's all mine.

Every one have a good week.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Arrived in Yarrabee. I can see big White and Black butterflies outside my office window. They are quite lively. I'm thinking they are using the sheltered area to breed. If I can, I will get a photo of them later today. Can't do it through the window cos you can hardly see out of it. Maybe they are not butterflies, maybe they are Spiders - nah just kidding.

Ceejay - I'm at the point where I am buying for only a couple of days at a time. I find that some of the 'fresh' stuff we get in our supermarkets today are not very fresh at all and goes off if you leave it (even in the fridge) after a short period of time. Useless bunch of yobbos.

Happy is obviously stuck in the new freezer! Hope you get some special, specials to put in there next time you go shopping Happy.

Annie - good luck with driving to Dad's and getting out to a restaurant. So nice that you are doing all this for him. Hope he appreciates it. Give HB a couple of cookies - then she might shut the heck up. Sunday the cat has suddenly decided foot is it this week and keeps yelling for more. I don't know what is causing it since she was off food a couple of weeks ago.

I think the attached is my butterfly, however I am not entirely convinced since I can't see the colour yellow on these ones. Check out the site:
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Caper-White-Butterfly/

Better go and introduce myself as the wicked witch around here and get things moving. Be back as time permits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caper White 1.jpg (22.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Caper White butterfly.jpg (11.0 KB, 6 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #93  

Shad
The butterfly is beautiful. Don't rmember seeing one like this here.

Happy
Have you stocked the new freezer?

Back to work this morning. A short week for me today and tomorrow. I'm off Wednesday. Nothing going on.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #94  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies...

You may wonder why am I so happy with the Packers losing yesterday. Yes, Packer fans are very disappointed that our team won't be making a repeat trip to the Super Bowl, but they still had an outstanding season.

DH is off work today for Martin Luther King's b'day, which is good because he hasn't been sleeping well at all for several nights. DMIL leaves early tomorrow morning, but she's planning on coming back in April.

If there is a positive side to the Packers being out of the playoffs, it means DH can focus on organizing the basement next weekend, and I can focus on website work.

Annie - Thanks so much for sharing all the photos of the little guy. I hope today is much better for you than last Friday was. I hope your car is doing better too. Good for you for doing so well on the healthy eating. I'm doing better in that area too. Hope you had a nice lunch with dad yesterday. My fave thing about Red Lobster is the cheese biscuits!

Happy - If you're still having sinus issues up here in the frozen north, maybe you've also got indoor allergies. I know I do. So is your new freezer dent-free? Have you stocked it yet? We love the chest freezer that we bought a few months ago. So nice to stock up on things when they're on sale.

Ceejay - Congrats on the great weight loss!! And the size 16 pants!! I hope the meds help. I hope that your Saturday lunch with the uncles was really enjoyable.

Mel - I hope you're doing better sweet sista! We miss you.

Laura - I don't drink as much tea as I do coffee, unless I'm sick. My fave teas are Earl Grey (with milk and sugar) and Good Earth (which is nicely spiced and cinnamoney sweet so that milk/sugar aren't necessary). Yumm. I think I might look through my desk to see if I have some Good Earth tea. You must've had a heck of a great time on NYE to lose your bra!

Shad - What a gorgeous butterfly! I would love those outside our windows at the office (or at home). Of course, we'll have to wait several months for our butterflies. I'm so looking forward to spring!

Gotta sign off for now. I'll be back later if I can.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #95  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

oh MAN

Just lost a long post I spent 45 minutes on !!!!! And we are about to take off and run some errands for the day so I don't have time right now to retype everything.

Will get back on later. Sorry
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #96  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad you had a nice visit at the uncles. I know I had a lot of time off recently, but I'd like a 4-day weekend myself. Probably just because I don't really feel I should be taking any time off right now with this software implementation going on. Yup, I want what I can't have.

Shad - Beautiful butterflies! Enjoy your time in Yarrabee.

Michelle - Yeh, at least you can appreciate your team's great season, if not a return to the SuperBowl. I hope your dh gets a good rest today - he's probably still recovering from his illness, and a relaxing day would do him good. We also need to get our basement cleaned up! Bf is interested in carting all our junk to a flea market to sell, but I'm just not sure if it's worth the effort - plus finding someone's van to borrow. Unfortunately, our recplex no longer holds an indoor garage sale, so that's not an option. Neither of us are keen on having a garage sale during our village's annual garage sale weekend in May. We did it once years ago and it was dispappointing that we were practically the only ones on the block to participate, so that didn't draw many people (there's a map distributed that has dots indicating all the registered participants, and naturally folks hit the areas with a lot of dots). We also found it annoying when people in cars would slow down to see what we had, and often not bother to even stop and take a look. I guess if you were specifically looking for large items or a lot of kids stuff, you could see that right away, so I shouldn't blame them - I admit that if a place looked like it had mostly kids stuff, we would take a pass too. Anyway, unless we decide to only do the sale on Saturday and maybe encourage some of our neighbors on the block to do it too, I'm not really up for it. Actually, the idea of a flea market is sounding better now that I've compared it to a garage sale... Maybe I should get bf planning on it for the weekend after the Superbowl...

Happy - Sorry you lost your post. Enjoy your day.

Annie - Did you get to Red Lobster yesterday? I love those biscuits too!! We don't usually go out for seafood at anyplace other than a restaurant that specializes in it, and that's not often enough because those places can be pricey. We'll go to Red Lobster every once in a while - maybe once or twice a year. I prefer to eat more fish and seafood at home, but I don't trust any old place to buy it either. The superrmarkets have their fish departments, but some of that stuff is previously frozen - no thanks.

Hi Mel - Hope you're feeling better!!
===
Nothing much to report. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I didn't make the early train today. The train I caught was very quiet. A lot of people have MLK day off, or are taking it off to spend with their kids. The admin is doing that.

Off to a slow start and not getting a jump on my work. Mondayitis. Better immerse myself.

Last edited by Laura705; 01-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #97  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Such a bummer about the lost post! Have fun running errands. Since my DH is off work today, he gets to run the day's errands.

Laura - I wish we had a flea market close by to sell stuff at. We had a garage sale once when we first moved out here to the country. Big mistake. We don't live in a heavily trafficked area, so we only got a handful of people who drove by, 2 stopped, and 1 bought. If you're thinking of doing the flea market the weekend after the Super Bowl, is it an indoor flea market? Wish we had one of those close by...the closest one I know of is in the Racine/Kenosha area and we'd spend more in gas hauling stuff down there than we'd make by selling it.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #98  

Michelle, yes, the one I'm thinking of is an indoor fleamarket, and I can think of two (actually been to one of them) that are in suburbs in the general vicinity of the airport and not all that far from us. There is an outdoor one that's at the Allstate Arena, assuming it's just during the non-winter months (maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter if it's year round - NO WAY am I doing an outdoor flea market in the winter!)

Re your tea comment - I like mostly strong black teas, including Earl Gray. I think I've finally determined that certain chai blends I've tried sometimes have way too much cinnamon for my taste. It took me a long time to figure that out because I've never have had so much cinnamon in other foods (e.g., oatmeal, etc.) that I've found them to be acting as a sweetener. Anyway, I prefer my chai to be more balanced, and to be able to taste the other spices - including pepper, clove, ginger, cardamom... However, the spice cardamom is extremely expensive and so I doubt any teamakers are being overly generous with that one! No wonder the different chai teas I've tried taste more prominently of cinnamon - it's a less expensive ingredient.

I recently received a catalog I requested from the Pike Place spice shop we'd visited (Market Spice). Until I order some tea from there (I'm waiting to see if bf wants to order any other spices), I'm using up tea I have at home, and today I brought a box of Earl Grey to work that came from a gift tin years ago. I know it's the thought that counts in gift giving... but I've found this tea to not be so great - all the flavors tend to taste the same, lol. (And the tea bags are very well sealed.) But when I bring it to work it goes quickly, so no biggie. And it's still better than the Flavia stuff. Oh, and I checked the flavia site the other day and they don't offer very many different teas AT ALL, so there's nothing different to ask the office to order on a trial basis. Boo.

And so I'm sure that's enough (probably more than enough, lol) tea talk for everyone for quite a while!!

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #99  

Feel ho hum this morning. It's still windy. And nothing to report.

Helllo's to all
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #100  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

DH and DMIL were up really early this morning...actually more like the middle of the night. DMIL had to be at the airport at 4 am, and it's a 45 min. drive. Luckily, DH has some 5-Hour Energy drinks to get through the day. With everyone up and around, I didn't get much quality sleep after 2 am, so I came into work a bit early to get a headstart on things.

The doggies are home alone today, and I'm sure they'll miss their "grandma". At least I'm not working late today.

We're getting snow now (about 2" to 3"), which is affecting the morning commute for the area, but not for me and DH since we got to work hours ago. The roads should be fine in time for the afternoon commute. It's going to get down to the single digits with wind chills well below zero. The doggies will not like having to go outside to do their "business", but at least the chill in the air should motivate them to go quicker.

Laura - I found a packet of Good Earth tea in my desk. I'm going to have to check our cupboards at home to see if we have any tea that I can bring into work for the rare occasion that I want a cup of hot tea. Are you having snow down there? Any fun exercise classes tonight? I'm going to do the Wii Fit when I get home.

Ceejay - Now that you've lost 7 lbs, I hope you don't blow away in the wind. I've got a long way to go before I have to worry about that. Seriously though, I hope the winds don't cause any damage or power outages. Hope you feel better. How's the exercising coming along?

Big and to Annie, Happy, Shad and lots of and to Mel.

I'll check back later to check on y'all.

Much love,
Old 01-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Lovely Ladies of the Worldly Type....

Got a pizza from Papa Murphy's with coupon..family size with 6 ingreds for only 10 bucks...took it to sissy's house last night, she colored my hair and cut Curtis's hair. Gave her 20 bucks and dinner...I would say that was pretty good considering I buy my own color....lol She won't hardly take the money, kind of have to force it on her..I know they need it. Lil Monkey was just adorable..what else? haha. He slept through the night for the first time on Monday night, waiting to hear if he repeated last night. That would be great for sissy cause she is always worn out. She mentioned last night what a trooper I was when she was a baby cause she was sooooooooo clingy and not only did I work full time but I traveled one way to work 62 miles, dropped the kids at the sitter too! Only took her 26 years to appreciate that one...lmao.

Watched the Betty White birthday special last night. I just love her and how much she loves animals, animal rights, and volunteering...so cool her Golden Retriever is named Pontiac. How cute is that?

Chelle..I am sure you are going to miss DMIL and all she does for you when she is here. Just being home with the doggies is such a relief while you are at work. April is the turnaround...cool gives me time to save up the books...lol Forgot to tell you...Curtis's daughter's boyfriend is from northern Indiana, and after farmer's plow their fields they go arrowhead hunting. He showed me some pictures of arrowheads they found...very nice. He is supposed to take Curtis and I hunting sometime this spring. Excited.

Shadlet...the pix of the butterflies are simply gorgeous...as I mentioned before I collect butterfly stuff.

Ceejay...congrats on the weightloss and size 16s. YGG. Keep up the great work, very proud of you sista.

Laura...I love Earl Gray tea. I have also been drinking hot green tea in the mornings, it is not my favorite but know it is really good for you and for dieters. We did make it to Red Lobster...Curtis and I shared a crab and lobster tail meal. It was kind of expensive but with both of us just eating one it wasn't so bad....the lobster was good, but both he and I thought the crab was old as it was a bit tough and "fishy" smelling. Dad had baked blackened fish which he just loved. Afterwards we all went to sissy's to babysit. The kids took Ainsley (Chris's daughter) to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. WHen they got back, sissy cut dad's hair. It was a good day.

MELLIE...hope you are feeling better and I must say I am a bit worried about you my sister.

Happy...doesn't that just P you off when you lose a LONG post. It just takes all the wind out of my sails.

We are having some bizzaire weather today. High 57 and tornado warnings in parts of southern Indiana. Raining like mad outside. Just glad it is not that nasty snow/ice stuff.

Better get going...much love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #102  

Michelle - Wow, what an early start for you today. I bet the dogs loved having their "grandma" around for a companion. Good she'll be back in April.
No, no snow yet. Just rain/drizzle so far, but turning to snow later today. So with yesterday's mild temps, the sidewalks are almost entirely clear. Just in time for more snow. :P

Ceejay - Hope the wind isn't so strong it's damaging.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
---
Nothing much to report. No exercise last night, just the walking for my commute, which was both to and from the train station.

No exercise tonight because it's movie night! We're seeing "The Artist" which should be interesting because it's a silent movie. It's won a couple Golden Globe awards and I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Well, better get to work. I wasn't very productive yesterday, so I need to do better today.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #103  

Annie, you snuck in on me again! I think both you and sissy got a good deal last night! Hope lil monkey continues to sleep through the night so that his parents can catch up on their sleep!! You used to travel 60+ miles ONE WAY to work!!! It's my area that's gonna get the rain/freezing snow/ice stuff. Boo. You be safe w/ the tornado warnings you've got down there!!

You're a better person than me drinking that green tea...all I know is when they have to flavor it up umpteen ways to make it taste better, it's not a naturally pleasant tasting beverage. But it does have a lot of healthy benefits. Whether it's black or green though, tea has a lot less caffeine than coffee, so at least there's that.

Arrowhead hunting, sounds fun!! Spring sounds fun too!!

Here you go ladies - a link to a spring countdown:
http://mycountdown.org/Other/Spring/

If you figure out how to install the widget on your desktop, let me know, LOL!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #104  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

DH decided to go ice fishing with my cousin today. The temps are in the teens. I almost froze my nose walking down to the mailbox this afternoon. But cuz has a fishing "tent" so they will apparently be warm. warmish. not so cold maybe I did go online and order DH a pair of fishing boots rush shipment as they are thinking of going again on Friday. Yesterday we went into the next town to get some food for the new freezer. It's about half full now - looks good and there's stuff for quick I don't feel like cooking dinners and lots of room for the homemade soups and casseroles I plan on making over the next few weeks. I bought DH a trail cam for his upcoming birthday and yesterday we had 10 deer out here. As well as a partridge, 2 pine squirrels, lots of bluejays and the cutest black capped chickadee that hangs upside down and feeds on the suet block. We put a block up for woodpeckers but they haven't found it yet. I ordered an old video from the library on how to plan and start a garden. It was so good that I ordered a copy from half.com (discount books and videos) and also ordered a couple more on growing herbs, greenhouse growing, tips for warm and cool vegetables. They came today so I'm all excited. It's really cold out there so it will be nice to snuggle up and watch the tapes. I also am waiting for the mini-series of John Adams to ship from one of the other libraries. It got fantastic reviews and was very interesting - a history of one of our early presidents. So that catches you up on my exciting life.

Ceejay - glad you had a nice time with your uncles. Congrats on the weight loss! Smiled at Michelle's comment about you blowing away - she must know how windy it can get out that way I do admit to being a bit wistful about your warmer weather, but just a bit... enjoy it for me, will you? I will also miss the spring flowering trees - not much to see here with pines and birch trees.

Laura - I'm a tea drinker - tho not dark and strong like you so maybe that's why I got used to the taste of green tea faster. It definitely is more weak than black teas. And I agree with you - some of the flavored ones now taste like nothing more than sugared water to me - no tea taste. Are you going to see that new Sandra Bullock movie - comes out next week? Heard mixed reviews - mostly pans that they are taking advantage of the 911 tragedy to pull on people's heartstrings. I will ask you to mention if you find any of your bookclub selections to be a really good read - now that I have time to read again. I'm just not into vampires, mysteries or gory stuff. Hope you don't get the icy stuff today.

Annie - good deal - GREAT deal - 6 toppings for 10 bucks. Hope the pizza was good. Our gas station / quick mart pizza is actually quite good too - you can take it home and bake it and much less than the pizzeria. Sounds like Sissy had you all lined up at the table getting your hair cut - reminds me of the infamous Easter perms the girl cousins were tortured with long ago but I'm sure Sissy is more gentle. I can understand she doesn't want to take the money BUT I'm sure she does so much better than the typical crooked haircut and fast dye job. And it costs a fortune to go to a salon so she's doing you both a favor. If she protests, stick the money in a drawer when she's not looking like I do with my Mom Yes, apparently there's no chapter in the Mom Manual that says you'll be dead tired for the next 18 years kept my legs crossed just on that note

Michelle - glad DMIL got off ok - whew what a ride to the airport. Makes for sleepy people at your house tonight - hope it's a light dinner and off to bed. But at least the early start saved you sitting in traffic this morning. So are you saying you are one of the good people who actually drinks mostly water at work? Kudos to you!

Loved the butterflies Shad - how cool that must look. There must be some plants there that they like for food or is good food for future babies as that's what I've heard attracts them. So how did the new folks take to you introducing yourself as the new Wicked Witch in town?

Love to Mel - hope you are getting better and stronger each day. Also some good health to Jen too.

Buzzer just went off on the dryer. Better get the load out before it wrinkles. Not sure what to do about supper - I have some chicken legs I need to bake but not sure when DH is coming home and if he's bringing fresh fish with him. He just better not think I'll be the one de-scaling and cleaning them

Later kids...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #105  

Happy - Lots of local wildlife to learn about, and you sure sound excited about getting a garden going this year. I'm just a bit envious of you having the time to snuggle in and explore all this, LOL. I wouldn't mind looking at some seed catalogs about now. I haven't ordered anything in years, so I've fallen off the mailing lists though.

I think black tea and green tea are from the same leaves, it's just that the black has been fermented (?) longer or something. It's very rare that I would buy a bottled tea - I highly doubt there's much real tea in there at all.

Right now we're trying to see the 2011 award nominated films - they always get released late in the year and then we scramble to see them before the Oscars - so the Bullock film may have to wait or be skipped altogether.

Our current book club book is an older one - Alice Sebold's "The Lovely Bones", which was made into a movie that came out in 2010. Not all the way into it yet... I'll let you know how/if I like it.

That was the deal w/ my mom and dad - if he caught 'em he had to clean 'em!!
---
I'm antsy to get out of here today...