Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #31  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

It's been a helluva week. Starting with spending Tuesday and part of Wednesday updating the progress made on my goals/objectives and Individual Development Plan in Q3 and Q4. Then learning on Tuesday that the reason for the rush is that my really wonderful manager is leaving the company to go back to consulting. Also, I've been having trouble sleeping...not falling asleep as early or quickly as normal. And then I woke up at 2 am with bad back pain. I grabbed an icebag and layed down on it for an hour or so, then finally fell asleep at 4, only to have to wake up at 4:30.

Thankfully, I'm taking 1/2 day off work because I have to take Mischief to the vet for a blood test. I'm hoping and praying that her levels come back normal or at least close to it. I'm working from home tomorrow, so I'll get to sleep in a little.

Saturday, we'll probably take down the Christmas tree, and Sunday, we're taking DMIL's sister out for Sunday brunch. DH has been battling a very bad cold and stayed home sick on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so he may choose to rest rather than go out to brunch. After brunch, we'll drop DMIL off at her sister's so she can spend a few days with her. And sometime during this weekend, I've got to crank out lots of website work.

DMIL wants to stay longer...at least an extra 3 or 4 weeks. So DH is going to see how much it would cost to change her plane ticket.

Mel - I hope you feel better soon.

Shad - I love the photos!! Please keep 'em coming! Happy Belated B'Day to DS2! Glad he liked the card and the presents!

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Hugs to you sweet sista. I hope your tooth/tongue are doing better. Congrats on the raise! So nice of Curtis to pitch in with expenses.

Happy - I can't believe all the trouble you've had with the dang freezer! I hope your cousin and your DH are able to iron out their differences soon.

Laura - Good luck with the software implementation. And great job on doing the Pilates class...ironically, I have to get my core a lot stronger before I get back to Pilates.

Ceejay - Enjoy your 3 day weekend! I used to work in a very noisy environment. I even put headphones on and cranked up the music and still couldn't drown out the noise.

Well, that's about it. I'll write more tomorrow. Please keep your fingers for Mischief's blood test.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #32  

Morning all.

Shad - happy belated bday to ds2. What gorgeous photos, or rather the locales!! Yeh, I'm sure our implementation team will be cursing us in the coming weeks, if not already, LOL.

Mel - Hope you feel better very soon!!!

Michelle - Ugh, hate all that goals, performance management stuff. No sooner do you finish the one year, you're having to document the next year's. Sorry that sleep has been sub-par lately and that your back woke you up too early today - I hope you get a full night's sleep tonight. Hope DMIL can stay longer - it seems like she just arrived!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
---
Pilates class was good last night. I took those classes for a couple sessions several years ago and enjoyed it, so I'm glad to get back to it. The instructor, who I see around the recplex all the time, remembered me from the classes, as well as my neighbor who had joined me for one of the sessions. Anyway, she's very nice, and she's a great instructor.

Honestly, if I didn't feel guilty over not taking cardio classes, I'd totally ignore them and focus on strength and flexibility types of classes because I enjoy those so much more! But I will buy a 10-class passport (so 1 class per week) and probably use it for the circuit classes, or maybe Zumba. So with one Pilates class and one circuit class, that's only two classes per week. I will try to get back to doing my evening BE workouts. I did one on my day off Tuesday and realized I miss it.

Still busy as heck here at work. Better get back to it.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Chicklets.....

My man is awesome...I fixed baked italian pork chops, garlic mashed potatos, and greenbeans almondine...we ate...then he ran me an awesome bubbly bath including candle lite and a glass of wine...I soaked for about 20 minutes then he came in and washed my back...truely I am living a dream/fantasy...he is so good to me. Seriously...why do I keep waiting for the other foot/shoe to drop.....always on the defense. He also cleaned up the kitchen while I was in the tub. AMAZING....

Work has been rather crazy! I processed 4 different groups/companies...that is about 1.5 hour process time for each company....not enough time to get my other points of work done...but I LOVE it...keep it coming...my day goes so stinkin' fast. The gal that does the sales part of the groups...her hubby is paralyzed from a motorcross (motorcycle) race, from the waist down...He is having surgery tomorrow to fuse his spine together, then put a rod in down the entire length of his spine and scrape out the staph infection in the back side of his spine.....he does not want the surgery and does not want to live like that, so the outcome is undetermined...then next week he is having a second surgery...from the front side...docs are going to move his organs out of the way to get to the front side of his spine to scrape the infection out of that side. God love him..he has been living like this for the past two years.....cananot blame him for not wanting a life like this...hope he knows God.

LAURA...good for you to do the Pilates class and get your exercise in...I just hope I can do as well.

CHELLE...sure hope Mischief comes out great on the blood tests. Dogs and kids are so much worry...I certainly hope DMIL gets to stay longer...I have another stack of mags and books collecting...she needs to stay with you all permantently....

OH MELLIE...I certainly hope you are feeling better love...I will put you in my prayers...bless you sweet sista heart...hugs.

SHADDIE...hope you got your taxes in order...I am getting ready to do my taxes too...what a pain in the ***. Always love your pictures you post. Seriously, you need to be a photographer and write a book...

HAPPY....so sad about the freezer incident..always something to keep you going.

CEEJAY...plan your three day weekend to suit YOU...then make room for others..you deserve YOU time. You work so hard and need it.

My man and I are going away for the weekend when he gets off work at 3 on Saturday...I guess it would be just for the night...but we picked a place only 1 hour away. The motel has an indoor pool, jacuzzi...and other great stuff...Sissy is going to "babysit" Hella B. I am looking forward to getting away from the hustle and bustle...I am working Sat morning at CVS...need the $$ to save up for Baby Boy's rehearsal dinner...I know it is only 11 months away, but need that much time to save....I already have 400 bucks saved but think I need a grand....he says no, but I know better....it would only be about 500 bucks if the X would contribute, however I cannot depend on him, as usual, so I am going to save for the entire thing...and if he comes through...hahaha...I will be ahead of the game....

Need to post this and get to bed, or at least think about it...have a marvelous night/day...wonderful Friday...Saturday...will try to get back before the weekend is over....50 degrees all weekend...how wonderful...

I love you chickies...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It was back to the doctor today for me. I used my doctor here. I'm glad I went too cause I still had congestion in my lungs. Told him I thought I had brochitis. Another injection--also got my lab work done and will find out about that tomorrow. I'll be making goals concerning this tomorrow.
Went to our new Super D pharmacy today. It's really nice. It's on a corner like Walgreen's. Found some good vitimans and bought those while I was there. The doctor is going to call in my rx's tomorrow so I'll pick those up then.
I had a message on the phone that stated when you go back to Jonesboro to the doctor I want to go. I miss understood and thought she needed to go to the doctor. I went to check on her this morning. She was bored so we've planned an outing to Jonesboro Saturday.
Can you believe this!!!!! I had a call yesterday from my doctor's wife that I used to use in Osceola. Asking how I was and then told me that she and my doctor had been talking about me and they missed me. She asked me why I quit coming there and I told her. This couple has been like family to me when I worked for them. I misunderstood what he said the last time I was in there. I really have to listen to him closely because he still has his accent. They are from Tiawan(Miss spelled ) He's an excellent internal medicine doctor which is really what I need. Dr. T is only a GP but he does know his stuff.
Dr L is closer. So I made the decision to go back. She told me that they were going to Tiawan for a couple of weeks to check on there aging parents both whom are ill.
Went to Blytheville to check on my Verizon bill. Thought maybe I'd sent to many text messages. but I was told that when I suspended my internet services it was only for 3 months. I suspended it for another 3 months. I'm debating on getting either an I phone or a tablet/Ipad. Those are expensive so I'll probably upgrade my cell phone to an Iphone.

--------
Shad
Glad the ds2 like his card and gifts. Tell him happy birthday from me also.
The pictures are gorgeous. I would love to visit Austrailia and New Zealand some day. Will put this on my list of places to visit.

Happy
Sorry you are having so much bad luck with Sears. I need to call them to do maintenance on my washer and dryer. And find out about the service maintenance that I purchased.

Mel
Get well soon.

Michelle
I hate that you are in pain again. Myabe work will slow down some. Sending good thoughts for Mischief.

Laura
I have a good Pilates dvd called the Firm. You get an extremely good work
out cause it combines the cardio and strength exercises. I do need to add some weights too.

Annie
Hope your tooth and tongue are better. And Congrats on the raise. We didn't get on this year due to the economy.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #35  

P.S. --This sight must have fixed there problems. I'm having none today. yeah.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #36  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Guess I forgot to get here yesterday. We went out and ordered another freezer, this time at the Sears store. We'll see what happens. If it comes dented again this time I will call Frigidaire and complain. Hopefully it will be all right I never got a call but noticed one of the garden books I ordered from the library came in so DH drove me over to pick it up (it was dark out so I didn't want to drive). It's a really good book and I'm sure it will be very helpful. We are supposed to take a drive to Duluth today to 1) check out the city and 2) look at televisions but DH was snorting and snoring to wake the dead yesterday (he slept well with a sleeping pill ) so I am kind of tired today - I finally went to another bedroom around 1am. It was nice and warm yesterday - over 42 degrees. It's been a very mild winter so far they tell me - people are concerned as there is a big international ski race here next month and we don't have the 10 to 12 inch snow base that is essential. It also hurts the tourist season up here for skiing and snowmobiling. I'm not complaining but I know it will have to hit sooner or later.

I also have to say that our new memory foam mattresses do wonders for the aches and pains in the back and legs. And foam mattress toppers just don't do the trick. I slept on our old sleep number bed this morning and woke up all achy with a sore back and knees. And I've noticed this a couple of times. Which also disputes the theory that being drier here is also a bit gentler on the body.

Mel, I am sorry that you are feeling poorly. I hope you get lots of rest. Eat soup, drink hot stuff and feel better

Shad - loved the pictures you've been posting. The blues are incredible - how gorgeous it is over there. Kind of neat about the seals too. I forget that you are as close to the bottom of the world as I am close to the top! I hope you find all of your accounting papers - a reminder that it's time to gather ours too.

Annie - hope your tongue is better and you get the tooth fixed. It's bad when one gets to the point that it's one crown after another. And I understand that sometimes things are so good that you wait for the bottom to drop out but STOP DOING THAT! Enjoy what you have for right now and don't invoke the self fulfilling prophesy. Hopefully Curtis will be a friend for the rest of your life. How nice of him to be thoughtful enough to pamper you. And good going on saving up for the wedding. It will always cost more than you think...

Ceejay - your pineapple cake sounded yummy. Enjoy a piece for me. Good luck with the doctors. Sometimes when they move away it's too inconvenient to continue seeing them. Not sure they always consider that.

Michelle - hope the aches have eased up a bit. Sorry to hear about your manager leaving. Companies make it hard for good managers to hang in there. This is (usually) never good news but I hope you get someone decent to fill their place. That's nice that DMIL wants to extend her visit with you - that says alot.

Laura - you are doing great with the exercise! Pilates is such a good workout. I guess you could combine it with Zumba and maybe one weights session (even if you did it at home) and get a very well rounded workout. I should have half your ambition Have you seen "We bought a zoo" yet at the movies? That would be one I'd be interested in seeing.

DH is asking when I'll be ready to go for a car ride - I'm thinking tomorrow but he would not appreciate it so I'd better go get ready. We are going to try a local fish fry for dinner tonight. I'm hoping this place has baked as well as fried fish.

Happy Friday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies -

It's Springtime in January!!

It got up to 45 here yesterday, and will be even warmer today! It's positively spring-like! Almost all the snow has melted! Yay! Now if it could just stay this way until April/May and then get warmer!

Working until only 2:30 today since I'm working this evening doing report implementations. In between today's work and tonight's work, I need to pick up some more meds for Mischief and maybe meet with a website client.

Speaking of Mischief, her blood levels were still really high, not extremely dangerously high like last time, just slightly dangerously high. Another medication adjustment and re-check in two weeks. I hope her meds that we ordered from Canada get here soon.

DH's cold is getting worse and worse. He was up all night coughing despite two doses of codeine cough syrup. He was going to call in sick to work today, but he got an email from his boss saying she was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia. Even though it feels like spring outside...there are some nasty winter colds going around. I'm trying to stay the heck away from him and taking extra vitamins to keep me from getting sick.

Laura - Good for you on the Pilates classes and all the other classes. You are truly the exercise , but given Annie and Curtis' resolution...she may give you a run for your crown. I know what you mean about missing working out. I really, really miss it. I'm going to pull out the Wii Fit later today and get moving. A friend of mine got the Wii Zumba and she really enjoyed it, plus she said it was a great workout. I might go ahead and order it...or I could just use the Zumba DVDs and Biggest Loser DVDs that I already have. I just have to make sure I start out at a beginner level again.

Annie - I'm so glad to hear that Curtis is so good to you...as you are to him. You deserve to be treated like the wonderful, loving woman that you are. I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker's husband. It sounds like he's in for horribly painful surgeries. I can't even imagine what he's going through, but it can't be an enjoyable life. Poor guy. So wonderful that you and Curtis are going away for the weekend! So nice!!

Mel - Do you and the other tenants like to read? Annie is so kind and sends me and my DMIL so many wonderful books, I'm just wondering if you'd like me to send them on to you. If not, I'll donate them to the local library, which is what I tend to do with our books after we're done with them. I do hope you're feeling better, dear sista.

Ceejay - I hope the doc was able to give you something for the congestion in your lungs. We don't have Super D pharmacy's...but it's always nice to find one that has good products and good prices. I'm glad to hear you friend didn't need to go to the doctor...but just wanted an outing. How sweet that your former doctor's wife called and asked how you were. As for Iphone versus Ipad. DH and I each have Smartphones which are like Iphones but use Android apps. He has a Samsung and I have a Motorola. We like our phones very much, and the apps and games are fun and handy. DH also has an Ipad for work, which he brings home in the evenings and we both use. :shh:

Happy - Good luck with this new freezer! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is delivered in pristine condition. Melinda Myers writes great books about gardening in Wisconsin. I highly recommend her. She knows her stuff. Hope you have a nice drive to Duluth. We've been there once, when we were vacationing near Hayward one summer. As much as none of us want snow, I hope it doesn't affect the ski race or tourism industry. Interesting that the foam mattresses work better than the sleep number. We have a 3" thick foam mattress topper, but I'm still getting quite achey at night. As for my manager leaving...it is truly a bummer, but we were getting a new manager in February due to restructuring. I am looking into applying for a promotional position back on the Ecommerce team, but I haven't heard if they're still accepting resumes. It will mean occasionally more hours...but not nearly as bad as it was when I worked on the Ecommerce team 5 years ago. I am also very interested in the "We Bought A Zoo" movie.

I'd better get back to it. Lots to get done today.

Much love and many hugs to you all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #38  

Michelle
Poor Mischief. Hope her new dosages work well. DH may need to go to the doctor again to be checked. I hope he doesn't have pneumonia. We have you beat on temperature's today. Supposed to be in the lower 60. Wind is still a bit chilly. But I'm loving the sunshine. May get out later and wash my nasty car. The doctor did give me and injection and plus 3 rx's.

Happy
You sure are having a time with the freezer. Hope this one comes with out dents. Ate your piece of pineapple cake this morning.

Laura
Keep up with the exercise. You are doing great. I'm feeling better this morning so I rode the bike for 15 minutes.

Annie and Mel

-----
Yesterday was a good day. Today is straightening up the house as I'm letting the neighbor clean Wednesday.
Think the injection was a full decadron injection. I was awake till 5.30 a.m. I'm sleep today so I may take a nap sometime this afternoon. I was looking at the ceiling in the bedroom and noticed how dusty it was. No wonder I keep getting sick. That all came down while ago. I need to change the air filter too.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

Hey girls...thought I would check in...

Getting ready to go meet Curtis's girls at Olive Garden for the Christmas dinner...Curtis usually waits till after Christmas for dinner with DDs, as it is so much easier and less stressful.......YEAH! I am ordering soup, salad and breadsticks...breadsticks that I will not eat...I cannot handle bread, but look out salad and soup...Pasta Fagoli...YUM...

Work has been extremely busy...which I LOVE LOVE LOVE....my days are going so dang fast...that I forget what time it is and work over...haha. I am sure they are taking advantage of my extra time at no pay...lol

Co-workers hubby's status when I left work was,...the surgery, which started at 8 am..was going OK, but it would be a few more hours...yikes, that means, so FAR, he has been in surgery for 9 hours. My heart breaks for both of them...it has to be absolutely AWFUL!!. Hubby does not want to live any more like this..and co-worker has tears in her eyes...jeez..I am thankful for EVERYTHING!!!

OK, girls, I need to blast off outta here....have a marvy weekend....and do something great for yourself!!

Loves, hugs and many blessings to you all..
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #40  

Annie
I love the soup, salad and bread at Olive Garden. Have a helping for me.

------
Update.
The doctor called and told me that my blood work was good. He lowered my dosage on Thyroid med and told me to take 2000mcg of B12. This should keep me from getting the injections each month. They are really happy that I've using them again. Doctor's wife talked to me after he was through. I'm glad to be back home. The only thing he was concerned with was the low hdl and told me I really need to bring this up as I have no protection from heart disease. It's more exercising for me. My hdl is always low.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #41  

Hey y'all. Extremely busy at work today, so no time to post earlier.

Ceejay - a shot & 3 Rx's - not all for the same thing I hope!! Take care, feel better & good for you getting on that bike. . Nice u heard from the doc's wife - so you're going back to him??

Annie - you're sounding happy as a clam w/ Curtis. Good catch!! You deserve a great guy like him chickie!! Get used to it!! Enjoy your weekend getaway. Yeh, the day sure flies by when you're busy as heck, which I've also enjoyed this week. So sad about the mgr's husband - i hope the surgeries help his life become more bearable. Makes me count my blessings, for sure.

Happy - re the new freezer order. How was Duluth?? Yeh, I prefer a well-rounded workout plan to a well-rounded Laura, lol. Hope the weather remains mild but you get enough snow for the recreation $$.

Michelle - glad mischief's not in the high danger zone, and I hope you can get her blood levels to a safer zone. Hope your back starts to feel well enough so you can get back to exercise soon. Wii zumba- who knew?!

Hey Mel - Are u feeling any better today? Take care & get well soon, ya hear??!!

Hi Shad!!
---
What a gorgeous day today - is it really January in the Midwest???!!! Was up & about earlier this morning & enjoyed a beautiful sunrise out the kitchen window & walking to the train. And on the walk home, just enjoyed the mild air with no breeze/ wind to speak of. And lunch time was also nice to be out for a brief time in the sun. My kind of winter weather.

Tomorrow is a circuit class, though I'm tempted to skip & run errands before we have to go to bf's bro's to visit w/ bf's niece & her son in town this weekend. Didn't know about that til yesterday, grrr. There goes a big chunk of my Saturday. Sigh. I could do a zumba class on Sunday instead of the Saturday class, but i like my lazy Sunday mornings...

Bed & book sounding good about now, so I'll get this posted & get into some jammies.

Nighty night Worldies!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-06-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #42  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Been a fairly busy day. I don't seem to have stopped much today although I must admit I don't know that I have achieved all that much. Anyway today is done so it's time to wrap it up and put it to bed.

Tomorrow I have to get ready to go back to work. Damn, damn and damn. I have a list of things to make for lunches but I have to go to the shop to pick up some veges and stuff so I didn't get to them today. I did get to the gym today. First day back since I went to NZ in December. It was also weigh in day and surprise, surprise I haven't gained or lost. Although I have to admit to seeing 82.9 yesterday, but a bad days food put paid to that. I daresay it will be back sometime soon. It is still hot and sticky here even at 7.30pm and some of those pesky mosquitos seem to have got inside. I must spray the house shortly. Can't sleep well if you are being eaten alive.

Not much else to report. Good to hear Annie so happy and sorry to hear Mel is unwell. Ill be back with personals tomorrow.

I've uploaded some more photos - they are:
1. Wellington from the top of the Cable Care. The black building - middle ground has some interesting decoration at the top. The way the struts have been put in mean that when viewed with a cynical eye, the penthouse says HA HA. Don't know what it's proper name is but it is called the Ha Ha building.
2. Some of the rose garden at Lady Norwood Rose Gardens.
3. Peace pond at the Botanical Gardens
4. Brilliant orange rose. I'm not sure what I did to it, but whatever I can't correct it. It is what it is.

Better go do some more shredding. Then it is time for bed. Back tomorrow, have a good one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wellington and the HAHA building.jpg (41.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Rose Garden in Wellington Botanical Gardens.jpg (59.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Peace Pond in Botanical Gardens.jpg (50.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Orange Rose.jpg (19.1 KB, 5 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #43  

Laura
I'm loving this weather too. But this morning the sidewalks and streets are wet. Now it's supposed to turn cold again. Unfortunately the rx's were all for one thing. Then after the lab work came back I had three more, Yes, I've decided to stay here in town and use this doctor. They are like family to me.
I'm getting ready to go to Jonesboro today with friends.
I've got to get into the exercise habit again. My goal this week is 30 minutes on the bike at least and wear the pedometer. I want to burn 500 calories per day.--Gotta bring up the good cholesterol reading.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #44  

Shad - Gorgeous photos. LOL, Ha Ha Building. Love the name. We have a building in Chicago that people call the White Castle building because the very top is lit up white at night and resembles a castle. White Castle, however, is a fast food chain in the US that is known for being a place to stop after a night of drinking to eat their little hamburgers, which are called "sliders". So it's not the most complimentary name... Yeh, I also need to prepare for next week's lunches - I'm going to be busy and would prefer to not have to go out to get something. I might buy some deli turkey and cheese and slap together a few sandwiches on wheat bread and freeze them. I was surprised the scale showed me a couple pounds lighter this morning. Not been snacking as much the past several day I guess.

Ceejay - Wow, sorry you need all those meds - is it the sinus/bronchitis stuff you've been suffering? I hope all that helps. Glad you're going back to a doc with whom you feel comfortable and confident. Good exercise goals. I need to get back to wearing my pedometer too! If the weater will stay mild for a while I hope to walk to/from the train station as much as possible. Bf got in the habit of picking me up in the evenings, but I actually like getting the fresh air after being indoors all day.
---
Okay, need to eat some breakfast before going off to my circuit class. I got into my workout clothes right away, and after that it doesn't seem so hard to get myself there.

Hope to also do some errands before going off to visit the bf's brother/niece/grandnephew. Need to pick up some contacts from the eye doc's office, for starters.

Okay, everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

Just a quick blow by..no personals...cleaning house, waiting on Curtis to get home so we can blast off on our get away. Washed pillows in my washing machine this morning...washer flooded the laundry room...my floor in there has NEVER been so clean..forced me to do deep cleaning in there...gotta get on with the rest of the house.

Loves and hugs..