Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

I AM SO SNEAKY. WROTE OUT REPORTS AND STUCK THEM THRU THE MAILS SLOT ON THE DOOR.
THEY CAN SORT THRU ALL THE JUNK WITHOUT ME.
IT'S FRASSING FREEZING DOWN THERE. WINTER IS BACK OVERNIGHT.
MORE DRAMA YESTERDAY. NOT A GOOD HILIDAY WEEKEND.
MAYBE I CAN GET SOME DOWN TIME FOR MYSELF TODAY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

SHAD....NO THE KIDS ARE STILL HERE. THE BOY NLEAVES TODAY.
THE DD LEAVES ????????? I FORGET WHEN.
THE PLANS WERE MADE BEFORE THE LEG GOT BROKEN DURING SOCCER.
APPARENTLY SHE IS VERY GOOD AT THIS SPORT.
SHE'S LOOKING FOR A SCHOLARSHIP. I THOUGHT THE TRIP WOULD BE CANCELLED.
BUT THE MOM WAS LOOKING TO GET HER FREEDOM BACK.
SURE SHE CONNED THE GRANDFATHER TO DO ALL THIS.
THE PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS. LOVE THE RED CABLE CAR!!
WITH EACH PIC YOU POST I KNOW OUR SPRING CAN'T BE THAT FAR OFF!!
I AM SO GLAD IT ALL WORKED OUT SO YOU GT TO GO.

HAPPY.......HOPE THE FREEZER WAS DELIVERED AND IS UP & RUNNING!!!
WOULDN'T IT BE CHEAPER JUST TO STICK IT ALL IN THE SNOW?!?!?!
OH....I FORGT ABOUT SMOKEY THE BEAR AND HIS DEER FRIENDS
HAPPY UNPACKING THIS WEEK

LAURA.....IT'S NEVER TOO LATE AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR RIGHT BACK TO YOU
JUST SO YOU KNOW. I HAVE IE & GOOGLE CHROME. BOTH ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.
THE OFFICE HAS IE AND I FORGET WHAT. THEY BOTH ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.
THE TROUBLE IS INTERMITTANT. AND IT SEEMS LIKE NO SPECIAL TIME IS GOOD.
ON GOOGLE, IT IS STILL READING WHATEVER AD IS TRYING TO LOAD.
WAS THINKING IT MIGHT BE AN ANTI-VIRUS RELATED THING HANGING EVERYTHING UP.
BUT I AM AFRAID TO TAKE MCAFEE OFF FOR A DAY AND SEE IF THAT'S THE ANSWER
YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED VERY NICE & THE FOOD BREAT
ENJOY THE GIFTCARDS AND MEALS!!

MICHELLE.....YOU NEED MY SECRET SANTA!!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE MICROWAVE.
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND 11 DAYS WAS A NICE HOLIDAY.
AT LEAST YOU WERE HOME!! HOPE TOO DH FEELS BETTER.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies...still do not have internet or cable at home...my fault...I overnighted payment to get there on Thursday so I would lose connection, but they are so slow in their billing department, it was a wash...AT&T have been closed since Friday noon, so no luck getting connected til today.....really didn't miss ANYTHING BUT YOU GIRLS...truly...kept wondering what everyone was up to....not even going to try to respond to personals right now, my mind in a muddle...head is hurting...and worst of all a tooth broke off in the back on New Years Eve (for no reason Mellie, get your mind out of the gutter...lol) My tongue is raw on that side...I did find some tooth putty at CVS and that has helped a lot....probably also why I have a headache. Dentist is working me in at 12:30 today...thank God...

Curtis and I stayed home on NYE...we partied like it was 1999...haha. Watched movies and listened to the radio, danced around the house, had a few snacks, went through 4 bottles of champagne, then passed out at 1:30 am.

Made black eyed pea soup beans and fried cabbage with noodles for New Year's day. If it doesn't bring goodluck, nothing will. It did, however, bring music to our backends..lol. Curtis and I went over to dads with the food loot and had dinner with him. He was very excited as it was a surprise food visit...also made zucchini bread from the frozen zucchini from the garden...quite tasty...took dad his very own loaf. He loved it. I brought a half of a crockpot of the soup to work today to share (get rid of) with everyone..

Had to go to the funeral home last night. A dear older friend (76 yrs old) passed away after complications from surgery two weeks ago. He was such a loved person of the community (back in the stix days of Putnam County)...his son was Tater's baseball coach for several seasons. Stood in line for 3 hours to get through the viewing line. Was ok as I got to see many of my friends from back in the day.

Curtis and I made it to the movies over the weekend. We saw "We Bought a Zoo". I thought it was a very good movie and even made me cry 3 times. Sheesh. It is a true story so it made it even more interesting.

The visit with brother was not bad....we went over to dad's to visit with him. He bought pizza, we chatted for several hours then we went home. Not too bad, however his wife did not come with him, so that "disturbance" was not there.

That about wraps it up, and yes I am posting from work. So shoot me. Got lots of new business to get ready for submission and checks to deposit.

Things I want to work on...

-Developing a closer relationship with God.
-Visiting my dad more often.
-Being kinder to others as you never know what is going on in their lives.
-Eating healthier and exercising..actually Curtis and I are both working on this one. (Would like to lose the same 15 lbs I have talked about for the past two years) Shame on me.
-Being more organized in all aspects of my life...(home, health, finances, etc)
-I am sure there is more for me to work on and do better at, this is just a good start however.

Hope your NYs was wonderful and 2012 will be so very good to all of us, happiness, health, prosperous.

Loves to all and a big tight squeeze hug too!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #18  
Annie - Indiana

***would not lose connection***and AT&T has been close***shoot fire where did I go to school.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Man I will be glad when they get this transfer pump quieted down. I jump every time it shuts down because it's so loud.
Expecting the supervisor to come change out the chlorine cylinders. He's still at lunch.
_______
Annie
Nothing better than the home front on NYE, especially with the ones you love.

Mel
More drama,ugh. Good for you in sneaking down the reports.

Michelle
Good luck in getting everything done before you go back to work tomorrow.

Happy
Did the freezer arrive?

Laura and Shad
Hello--more later. Think I hear the boss down stairs.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #20  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Crazy frassin' busy day at work today...and I still didn't get nearly enough done. I predict tomorrow will be just as bad, but I'll try and get caught up with y'all.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

Good EARLY Morning Girlies...I can truly say there is NOTHING on TV to watch at 3:23 a.m. Couldn't sleep for the first time in 5 nights...whew whoo a record for me....Hella B and I are in the living room, hanging out. Actually she is asleep on my fleece blanket...without permission...lol. Cannot even clean or run the vacuum for fear of disturbing Curtis's sleep. See that is one of the things I gave up letting C move in...can't even clean in the middle of the night...hahahahhahahaha....so here I am...you all have to deal with me instead....

Ceejay...sure hope they got the repairs done....noises that startle me kind of make me jumpy in other areas of my life...yikes.....

FINALLY got a raise at Humana. No one got a raise in 2010..then it was hit and miss after July 2011. Not much to write home about...the max was a measly 3 percent...I feel greatful to get the 2.5 percent that I did receive. Beats the heck out of the soup line. I will take it.

C coughed up an extra 500 bucks toward bills and house payment...he surprises me so...we have never talked about a set amount to his contribution...but really, I amd POSITIVE I am ahead on the contribution he makes....he surprises me all the time. He is such a sweetie and truly loves me so much, it is scary...but scary good. Where has this man been all my life? He gives me so much...mentally, physically, emotionally....I truly love him.

Results from the dentist...got a temporary filling to ease the tongue pain...go Feb 6 for crown prep. Dang...the bad part...my insurance only pays 50% of crown...good news...due to another filling previously...I do not have to meet the 75$ deductible. RATS...on the crown.

CHELLE...I do not care how hard you work as long as you GET THE REQUIRED sleep and rest you need for you, your health, and your back...do NOT neglect yourself during this trying busy time...I love ya sista...hugs

We are at a VERY busy time...more and more companies submitting insurance than ever..which is good...job security for me...keeps me so busy and time just flies at work...I even worked an extra hour tonight and didn't even realize it. Traffic reminded me however.

Ok....I think I am babbling on and on...and should probably try to lay down and get a couple hours of sleep before I HAVE to wake up....Not really feeling tired and wanting to sleep but know I need to...

Have a GRAND day/night.

Love and hugs...
Old 01-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #22  
Happy September

Morning Chicks

It's Freezing Here. Thinking Of Getting Back Undser The Covers.
Maybe At Least Till The House Warms Up A Bit.
All The Decorations Are Down And Put Away.
Chatted With Jen. Yhr Kifs Left Late On Monday Night.
The Grandfather Pulled A Fast One & Picked Up The Kids On 2 Hrs Notice.
He Decided To Go Back Early And Take Both Kids With Him.
Imho....just As Well. I Think Everyone Had Enough.
Certainkly The Girl Needs More Meds And A Dr's Attention.
There Is Still Too Much Pain Involved ....i Think Anyway.
Nothing Else New & Exciting. Have A Great Day.

Annie....so Sorry To Hear About Your Friend's Passing.
All My Sympathies To You And Her Family.
Glad The Visit With The Bro Turned Out Ok At Dad's Place.
For What These Cable People Charge, You Think They'd Cut Peeps Some Slack.
Hope It All Works Out. Don't Get Into Trouble Posting At Work.
Did You Finally Get To Sleep??
Humana Seems To Be Holding Their Own In This Crazy World.
Long May It Continue!

Ceejay.......hope The Pump Shut Up For Awhile!'
When They Go, They're Loud Enough To Wake The Entire Meigborhood.
Were There Any Dead Boirds Near Your Area?
Funny How That Happened Again This Year. Poor Things.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #23  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

*Sigh* busy day again today...but it's MUCH better than the soup line. So I'll take it.

I'll be back later chickies.

Luvya,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #24  

Mel
The authorities are stating that this was a copy cat of last year, concerning the birds. None were found in our area as far as I know. As fas as the pump goes, the supervisor said they are waiting on a part. It sounds like it is hitting rock bottom with extreme force. They say it's a check valve.

___
Today is my last day of work for the week. Not sure what my plans will be for the week end. One friend wants to go to Jonesboro Saturday. This is my 3 day week end.
The birds roosting in the tree above my car at night have left there "mess" on it so that needs to be cleaned. Always something.
Watched the Biggest Loser last night. Only two trainers this year and the red team beat the black team. I'm glad in away. BH was getting the big head from last year. My weigh in yesterday morning was 200.8 pounds. I know that some of this was fluid pounds as ankles were swollen. I've got to take a fluid pill more often.
Even did the pedals for an upper body work out during BL for 20 minutes.
Also baked a pineapple upside down cake. The first one I've baked in years. Going to give most of it away. I had Splenda brown sugar but it was still soooo sweet. but oh so good.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #25  

Michelle
Are you playing catch up for taking off those 11 days?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #26  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Argh the freezer. Cleared a path Monday morning so there was totally free access to get the freezer in and into the basement. We got about 6 inches of snow New Year's Eve so DH cleaned the whole area outside too. Got a call about an hour before they were supposed to deliver it - again there are dents in the freezer. DH said a voice in the background said there were lots of little dents in the back of the unit. We said we didn't want it. Sears called and offered a small gift card in return for our trouble. We don't have a local store here (just appliances) and why would I want damaged goods and a gift card to buy more from there? No wonder Sears is having troubles We wonder if they tried to re-ship the first damaged freezer. The problem is that given ratings and features like automatic defrost and energy efficiency, I want a specific model and we don't have many options for stores up here. Sears claims it's coming damaged from the manufacturer. I may go back to the Hometown Sears appliance store here and order the freezer again, this time in black so they can't send me the same one! Such an ordeal. And yes, I could store the food on a shelf in my garage right now as it's that cold out (single digit temps) but that's not a long term solution

DH is having words with my cousin - that's not good. I think it's 2 bucks with alot of testosterone myself although I see DH's side of the picture. Sometimes it's hard to overlook someone's idiosyncracies when they get on your nerves. He is also having problems getting our fireplace heater fixed so that doesn't help frustration levels.

I got my insurance straightened out over the last 2 days with lots of phone calls. Will be happy to go back to our other insurance from DH's pension in May.

I did make a list of things I need to tackle and prioritized it, after I get off here I need to do some cooking before the meat I bought on the weekend goes bad. I stayed up until about 3:30am this morning trying to get a glimpse of the meteor shower that was supposed to be good - it was a bust and a waste of sleep. Now I am tired and DH wants to do stuff and I am dragging. Reshoot for tomorrow and try again.

He is calling me for something now... better go see what he wants as he is not in the mood to be ignored. Back for personals later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #27  

Just a few minutes before I go to Pilates class. Registered yesterday, just taking one class a week. Have a free pass to one fitness passport class good for this week, so I'll use that tomorrow or Saturday.

Happy - What a pathetic situation with that freezer! Hope the Happy Household is back to happy tomorrow.

Ceejay - Hope the pump gets fixed soon - what a nuisance. Yum, Pineapple upside down cake.

Michelle - I had a busy first day back today too, and tomorrow will be as well. Probably for quite a while with this software implementation...

Mel - Yeh, probably a good thing the kids went back home. Too bad the girl was having pain. Shouldn't have traveled with a broken leg anyway, I say... Stay warm!!

Annie - Sounds like a real mixed bag for you so far in 2012. Ouch - hope the tooth and tongue are feeling better now. Bummer that the crown will set you back some $$$. My condolences re your friend passing away. Hope you get your cable/internet back soon and can post from home again since doing it at work sounds dangerous! On the bright side, yay for a raise and for C. helping out financially. Get some sleep tonight sistah!!

Hi Shad!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Started a post yesterday, but it all disappeared after I left the computer for a while and went and did something else. B*gger

Yesterday was the DS2's birthday - how did he get that old? and I actually got him a card that he loved. He seemed to be happy with his presents as well. He will be a bit tired when he gets back. He started work at 4.30am this morning.

Michelle - not looking forward to going back to work on Monday either, but I guess I need the money. Work seems to multiply overnight - so maybe you should camp out at the office until it is finished. But you are right, it is better than a soup kitchen. Heaven forbid.

Mel - Good for everyone that the kids have gone back. If they are travelling with the Grandfather then the poor girl will have an uncomfortable journey. Hope she gets a sports scholarship. Should take some pressure off Richie.

Annie - If the company does not like you using the internet for this site, they should block it same as most companies do. I haven't had a problem with 3FC but just about everywhere I go, Facebook is banned. Only a few places allow us to waste their time with that.
Sounds like NYE was just what you needed. All that food over to your Dads as well. And a good visit with the brother. Goodonya.
The Humana book arrived yesterday. It is still sitting in the car. We don't have it over here but I might just read it to see whether it is much different from our medical insurances - of which I have not any.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend.
Well done on the raise. It's a darn sight better than taking a pay cut or worse. Nice of Curtis to give you some cash for expenses. Since he is not paying rent anymore, it's only fair.

Ceejay - Busy at work again I see. But you have a 3 day weekend. Much better than listening to noisy pumps. Good on you for doing some baking. I'm not a pineapple fan and they are grown just up the road but the cake sure sounds good enough to give to friends.
Birds have a habit of sitting above cars. As if we didn't have enough to do.

Happy - that freezer will be the death of you. I swear I have never heard so much gross incompetence from a store. Perhaps you should try the manufacturer and figure out if it is their quality control, the transporter or Sears that are causing the problem. I'd have cancelled the order by now and bought one on-line to be delivered.
So the two old bulls are butting heads huh! Hope it works itself out soon. So stupid at times.

Laura - good luck with the software implementation. Hope it all goes smoothly. I always say that without users everything would be a marvellous program. No doubt everything will be busy until the silly season quietens down again. Well done on the Pilates class.

I should be heading out for the local breadshop to get some loaves for lunches. Seems we have just about eaten the last lot. Have to sort some things for the DS2's lunches as well. He and his mate have decided to lose some weight this year. Probably not a bad idea, I know the DS2 is carrying a bit around the middle. So I need to think up some interesting lunch ideas for a week at a time. Back to the CSIRO diet book. They have some great lunch ideas.

Today I have my taxes in order. Just a couple of months late. I keep threatening to do them as soon as the Group certificate arrives but I never do. More organisation is needed. While I was in the junk room sorting out my tax junk, I shredded some papers and tidied up some bills and filed them - that makes me feel a little better, but there is a lot left to do in there. The castle progresses a lot more slowly now that DS2 is back at work. I have taken some photos and will let you see as it comes together.

I'd better off to the shop before the daily bread sells out or is sent down to feed the masses (loaves and fishes), no doubt I will be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #29  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

More photos - I'll stop soon I promise.

1. Is the old Government Building in Wellington. Reputed to be the largest wooden building in the Southern Hemisphere and to have 365 windows. I haven't counted them.
2. Turakirae Heads. Where the seals were supposed to be and weren't. Next stop across the sea is Antartica
3. Turakirae Heads again. In the far distance you can just make out the South Island of New Zealand
4. Taken on my morning walk from a hill above my sisters place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Government Buildings.jpg (33.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Turakirae Heads.jpg (31.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Turakirae Heads 1.jpg (32.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Whitby-Cranbourne .jpg (34.8 KB, 3 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #30  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS.
I AM UNDER THE WEATHER.
NIT FEELING GOOD AT ALL.
THINK MAYBE I GOT THE PLUMBER'S BUG.
WILL BE BACK IN A DAY OR TWO OR THREE.

HAVE A GOOD DAY AND ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND