View Poll Results: Why Do You Think You Are Overweight?
I Over Eat 4 40.00%
I Eat The Wrong Things 5 50.00%
I Don't Exercise 0 0%
I Don't Know How To Pick The Right Foods 1 10.00%
Excess Drinking 0 0%
I'm Not Overweight 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:57 AM   #16  

Happy Birthday To You~~ Happy Birthday To You~~ Happy Birthday Dear Jeanne~~ Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

I hope that you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 02-19-2003, 08:50 AM   #17  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEANNNNNEEEEEEEE (two days in a row) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #18  

Gayle, the gala apples have been my staple for about a year now. They are delicious. I think I was just ready for a little change and the cameo fit the bill.
The racecar I'm painting for my friend is a street stock. They run on dirt tracks here except for a big race in Batesville(where Mark Martin got his start). His car is going to be red, white, and blue. This is actually a second car for him. He is going to race in two different classes this year. He's a cop so I guess that need for speed just comes natural to him! LOL

Ramona

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN JEANNE!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #19  

All the best Jeanne.......do you think doing the birthday 2 days in a row brings you more luck? Sounds like you have a wonderful time planned.

Gayle there is no hospice care here. Jackie is doing ok right now. Just an emotional ride. My insisions are healing and not bleed ing any more. Now my complaint is about all the tape holding on the gauze and how big the rash is from it!

Well I better run I see my friends coming to pick me up.

Chalenge you all to have an ON PROGRAM DAY!!!
I need the motivation too!
Lets post how we all do today.

DEE

DEE
Old 02-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #20  
Losing it!

I'm doing the OP challenge today!!!!! GREAT idea Dee!!!!!!

I hope our birthday girl is having a GRAND day!!!!!!

Dee: I will do some checking to see if I can come up with any on line info for you to share with Jackie. I am sure this is a horrible time for her and her family. The fear of a terminal illness will chase away some of the relatives and friends a person may have at times. Sometimes you don't need to say anything at all, just be there to hold a hand or give a hug. If you have any questions, feel free to email me, some of the training I just went thru may be of service to you.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Friends, will you join me in saying a special prayer for the young girl that received the wrong transplant? I can only begin to imagine how her family must be suffering.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:44 PM   #22  

Omg what is this about the wrong transplant, Gayle? That is so tragically unnecessary. Sorry to hear such a thing could happen.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #23  

Confession Time or How to Start a War on the Internet.

About 3 weeks ago, I came across a modified version of Weight Watchers called the Wendie Plan. You still select your "range" by your weight and you still use the same method that to calculate points. But instead of working within the range every day, you have a set pattern of points that you eat each day of the week. One day during the week, you are suppose to eat 10-13 points over your range. The idea behind it is that you are keeping your body guessing and it doesn't get stuck expecting a certain amount of food each day.

Well, someone got the brilliant idea of starting a yahoo group which started out fine. I think it got up to 53 members or so, though I never saw any messages from about 1/2 of those. Several were pretty hung up on what their weight would be at weigh in and they had gained 1 lb. etc. etc.

There is one ol' gal on there started making "suggestions" though they sounded like demands. A couple of us decided she was either an OLD MAID school teacher, back from the days when our parents went to school. Got the type??? (Nothing against current teachers, okay) We even figured out what she needed. She tried to correct people's spelling though one of her post was about recipies (is that the plural of a recipy).

Monday afternoon I decided it would be fun to start a topic about Joe Millionaire, who was watching etc. A couple responded, but then Ms. Abigail "suggested" that if the subject was off topic, it should be replied to privately. I guess I wasn't the bad person for the original message, but everyone else was.

My immediate reaction was where she could take her suggestion, and after the show, put a quick message to everyone. I've seen the show, love it, but won't say any more in case someone hasn't etc.

Another gal got more pissed, sent Abigail a private message that she didn't appreciate her comments and who was she to try to control what everyone wrote. Abigail tried to back track her comments, but sounded like someone caught in the cookie jar.

This still would have been the end of it, except for a couple other comments made by others, mostly agreeing with Abigail. The ultimate was when someone said we needed to put OT (Off Topic) in the subject line. At that point, I blew and let everyone know that I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to know Joe Millionaire had little to do weight lost. Were we dealing with people who didn't know that McDonald's coffee is hot? The response I got was that one of my messages about Joe Millionaire did ask what people ate during the show. I'm still trying to figure out what her complaint was on that one. If you weren't watching the show, what you ate then was probably immaterial.

We even pointed out to them that a discussion about Off Topic was just as off topic as any other discussion not related to weight loss.

And that, my friends is how to start WW3 (or 4) on the Internet.

Today I walked away from the group, unsubscribed. I expect the group to fold very soon. The monitor is seldom there. Several of the ones left are already talking about going away from the Wendie plan, so I suspect if it does remain, it will turn into a Wendie bashing group.

Anyhow, I'm "back" (never left), but you know what I mean.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Oh, I can't promise for sure, but if you missed Joe Millionaire Monday, they usually rebroadcast on Thursday evening.

Yes, I was glad with the results. I kept thinking he had picked Sara and she had made enough comments that would make many of us think she was more than a little interesting in the money. After she found out she wasn't picked, and she & Melissa talked, it was pretty much verified or she had a big case of sour grapes. I do think that she thought she had 100% chance.

As far as what has happened, I understand they are on ET tonight and there is also a followup show next Monday.

Tonight we get the results for Bachelorette. Gee, maybe I unsubscribed too soon. I could have gone for another round with that one.

Love you all.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:23 PM   #24  

Dee, that is hilarious! It just makes you want to tell them to get a life. Heck, if all we talked about here was weightloss, I'd be really sad. I consider everyone here my long distance family and I know we are always here for one another through thick and thin.........literally!!!!!!
I used to be on another thread and made a comment about a certain food. The head honcho there wrote that my comments were bs(only she spelled it out). Needless to say, I never went back there!!
Oh well, at least you had a good laugh.

Gayle,
I was reading about the little girl who had the transplant......that is so very sad. Don't you know that her mother is beside herself......In a foreign land sitting by helpless. I just pray that she isn't in any pain.

I hope everyone has had a happy day filled with friends, family, and love.

I got an e-mail today from my high school best friend. She was my maid of honor. I haven't seen her in 5 years but today there was mail from her out of the blue. I was so excited to hear from her. Friendship is the berries!!!!!!

Later all,
Ramona
Old 02-19-2003, 08:18 PM   #25  

I am still in suspense over what transplant went wrong. can anyone give me the scoop?

Dee I have tried the Wendy's plan but it is to rigid for me. Sorry about the people on that board. That is why it is always so pleasent here. Nobody does any bashing. I don't need the extra stress and if I am somewhere that is going on I leave.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:40 PM   #26  

ET reported tonight that the producers had kept Zora and "Joe" apart since the taping so nobody would find out, but it doesn't sound as if there is love in paradise.

I believe the transplant happened in North Carolina, but the girl is from Mexico. The heart-lung that she received came from Boston. It was from someone with the wrong blood type, and it wasn't caught until midway into the surgery. Because of the limited time there is to do the transplant after death is declared, her organs had already been removed prior to the arrival of the team with the new ones. The family is pleading for any available organs at this time, but I believe time is running out.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:29 PM   #27  

ATTENTION: I'm going to start letting each thread go to 3 pages before I start a new one.With so much posting going on, (Hey...I'm NOT complaining! I LOVE it!!) It's hard to make so many "Welcome Signs." So PLEASE don't forget to start going to PAGE #3 ON EACH THREAD!! Thanks!!

I was going to post to each one of you but I can't.I'm so tired and sleepy, I can barely hold my eyes open. I have been sleeping about 4 or 5 hours per night for over a year now and it's catching up with me finally. I'm going to try hard to get atleast 6 hours tonight.

Have a great OP day tomorrow.I'll post a LONG one then!!
Love & Night Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Jeanne..........Hope you had a wonderful Birthday and I hope you liked the "cake" I made for you!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:33 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Titan Dee: How funny!!!!! That is exactly one reason I will not post anywhere else but here!!!!! Get a group of PMSing women together, one never knows what will happen!!! Hey Sher, remember that run-in you had a few years ago with a gal????

Dee: I believe the girl is 17, they transplanted the body organs only to realize that they are the wrong blood type. Her body will not accept them. I just read that she had less then 6 months to live without the operation, now they say it is a matter of hours. How very sad for everyone involved, I agree with Ramona, all we can pray for is that she is not in any pain.

Sher: Page 3 is great with me!!!! I would prefer to hunt up the next posting compared to all of our dear friends forgetting us here!

Anyone watch American Idol tonight?????? I'm going to start WW5, but I can not believe the guy (Hercules) won over some of the others.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:37 AM   #29  

hello all im trying to keep up.
theres such awful news.
89# is horrible.
dee, im sorry to hear bout jackie!
titan dee, burning houses and children?
oh my sweet lord!
then here i read bout the little girls operation.
what horrible tragedys.
all are on in my prayers.
bless you all,
doni
Old 02-20-2003, 05:35 AM   #30  

Titan Dee-Did the Wendi Plan work for you? I tried it, but couldn't stand the rigidness of the low point days. There is also the CJ Plan. Have you looked at www.weightwatchers.com? They have lots of people on both plans. Go to the Close to Goal board. I don't post much there---just on the 25 miles challenge. Caution, though! You can't even use the word poop or they will bleep it out!! They monitor the board very closely.

Sherry-3 pages is fine!! This board is growing so much, you are doing a wonderful job as moderator. I don't know where you find all the time to do it!! Can you believe that soon we will be at #100???

Gayle-Isn't is great to hear from someone special out of the blue? That happened to me a couple of months ago, and it's amazing how much it is a mood lifter!!

Doni-Wow!! I can't believe you are going back and reading all the posts!! I can't even remember what happened in the last one!!

I personally don't get into all those shows. I can't keep up with them!! We are having such a fight about school times right now that I have been watching school board meetings and falling asleep. Right now, our times next year will be 9:30-3:30. I'll be working until 4:30. I hate it. Might as well get a regular job that pays more!!

Speaking of work, time to start thinking of having breakfast and leaving!!
Closed Thread