Old 12-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias # 56

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 48 on this beautiful sunny day in the Heartland. The talking heads say that our temps will be between the high of 57 to the low of 27. We currently set at 48. I spend a very uncomfortable night up and down with trips to the bathroom. I am now trying to figure if it was something I ate or part of a bug. I don’t feel bad otherwise so it probably was that cookie dough. Will said he didn’t feel so good either so we dumped it and won’t buy anymore food products from the kids but just give them a donation for whatever outfit they are selling the stuff for. It has been working out pretty good by letting dogs eat at a certain time and then picking up the dog food. It is best for them and more work for us to remember to set it out but that is how it is going to be. No more of this “snacking” behavior. The kitty is a different story for I think we can leave his bowl out all the time since it is dry kitten food. The dogs have dry food also but Beanie was not eating much at a time where Ragg Mopp ate at 5 pm and left it alone. Beanie now eats at the same time Ragg Mopp does and no more of this snacking type eating. He isn’t an ounce overweight but we needed to regulate his eating for his necessary trips outside.

I was so jazzed last evening for I found 4 light fixtures that I had stashed away with the Christmas things. So now all the buildings have lights in them. I must have taken the lights out of the buildings I had out last year and stored them and forgot I did that. Now all 12 buildings have inside lights. I only have enough colored roof lights for 3 right now but it is looking festive anyway. (I have hopes of a trip to the city to get some more lights before they need the space for something else at Michaels.) Those 3 have little copper hooks I made and had soldered around the roof edge so the lights could be strung. At first I had used some of that putty stuff but I didn’t like the looks of that because I would have to use too much to hold the little string of tiny led lights and it looked messy. Those two shelves are getting full. I need to build some more shops for the downtown area. So far I have a flower shop, butcher shop, firehouse, and an inn. There is a barn and the rest are houses. My plan is to build a church, police station & jail, court house, post office & general store, doctor & clinic, school, library, market and a train station. I will make little signs for the front of the buildings to tell what they are. That’s my plan and it will keep me busy for awhile.

I don’t have a clue what I will be making for dinner. I really think I will just pull out a package of that wonderful chicken noodle soup I made not too long ago and have that for dinner. I can make some French bread toast to go along with it. Will did some shopping this morning and brought home a nice roast and some other needful things. After next spring we will be going to our freezer for a nice roast for our plan is to buy half a beef.

DONNA FAYE I am sure you will find something else to make with that lovely yarn. It is such a pretty color. That book is so neat for it tells a story about the folks who used a recipe and then gives it in a way we nowdays can understand like any recipe we would find in a book. In the section called Meals Without "Receipts" there is one that is called Scripture Cake and all the ingredients are scriptures. At the bottom of the page is the recipe instructions using the ingredients and lists their names. However, before I read the bottom explanation I looked up the scriptures and wrote out the recipe that way and it was a fun exercise. I'll type the recipe as it is in the book for I think you will like seeing it. It comes out of the section titled "MEALS WITHOUT "RECEIPTS".

"A few "receipts" were coded with Bible verses as a way to combine lessons in religion with instruction in cooking. Probably both the Bible and the receipt bacame smeared with flour and butter as the directions were laboriously deciphered.

SCRIPTURE CAKE
3/4 cup Judges 5:25
1 1/2 cups Jeremiah 6:20
5 Isaiah 10:14
3 cups sifted Leviticus 24:5
3/4 teaspoons 2 Kings 2:20
3 teaspoons Amos 4:5
1 teaspoon Exodus 30:23
1/4 tsp each 2 Chronicles 9:9
1/2 cup Judges 4:19
3/4 cup chopped Genesis 43:11
3/4 cup 2 Samuel 16:1
Genesis 43:11 for garnish
3/4 cup finely chopped Jeremiah 24:5

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at at time, mixing well after each addition. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and powdered allspice

Beat flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with milk, until flour is just blended.

Beat room-temperature egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. Fold in chopped nuts, figs and raisins. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Put in batter. Bake at 350 until a cake tester ccomes out clean, 50 to 70 minutes. cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then turn cake out of pan. When cool, drizzle with Burnt Jeremiah Syrup (recipe for this syrup is on page 28). Garnish with whole almonds."
The Pioneer Village Cookbook; by Ann Chandonnet; ISBN 978-1-883206-60-4; page 27

I don't know how many points+ that cake is for I haven't run it through my program as of yet to find out. Before I ever bake it I will find the values though. If you also want the recipe for the Burnt Jeremiah Syrup let me know and I can easily get it to you also. I love the Pioneer Cooking Term pages. So many of the words they called things is very different than what we call them. According to the definition for instance we have "spiders" in several different sizes. According to the book the definition of a spider is a cast iron pan with legs to hold it above the coals. Schnitz is dried apples. Fun to learn "their terms" for items we use.

JEAN We will probably have a brown Christmas also but I really don't mind. I don't get excited about snow like I did when I was a kid. Prices are going up on just about everything and making our paychecks shrink in the process. Less bang for the buck. I am so thankful that Will does our shopping for he can really see where the money goes. That's why he wants to buy half a beef for it will save money in the long run. I am so glad we are going to go out for Christmas dinner for I won't have all those glorious, wonderful left-overs to deal with. The BBQ man is bringing our anniversary meal for Christmas Eve so that is taken care of. We will go out and about looking at the houses with the Christmas decorations that evening drinking our low fat egg nogg as we go.

I think I am absolutely over whatever got into my system to distress it. I feel fine now. Hallalujah. Time for me to get some work done even though I would love to just skate by and not do anything thing productive today. I fed the cat ~ isn't that enough? Well his bowl was empty and he meowed at me so I had to do at least that. Life is good.

Magnolias, have a great afternoon/evening. I am really going to get something done this day. It is 3:30 and I have not even eaten anything yet. Type at y'all later.

PS: Another thing about that book ~ Will said there was a lady that wanted to buy 20 copies to give as Christmas presents but there were only 2 left after Will bought mine. They are going to try to get her what she wants before Christmas. What a neat gift to give to friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-17-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #2  

Good evening, ladies! 40 cold degrees right now.

I spent a few days with my friend in Hayes. She just has dial up internet since she lives in the boonies so the internet is slower than molasses.

Maggie, WW has ONE program for the entire US. It is not by state. The books you received are not free. You have to pay a weekly meeting fee, be a monthly pass subscriber or be within 2 lbs of goal (and that is + or -, no free etools if you are more than 2 pounds below goal). To me its the same as if my friend works at a retail store and brings me "free" merchandise.

Faye, the sweater is lovely. Won't those 2 dogs be cute when they are together. Be prepared for compliments!

Jean, the things you do for grandchildren. I would have done the same if I had some.

I just got home so I need to get some clothes together for church in the morning before House comes on. Have a good evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #3  

Maggie -- I'm glad you are feeling better after having a queasy stomach. What a nice surprise to find the light fixtures! The Scripture Cake looks like a fun thing to make . . . after looking up the ingredients to be sure! Are you going to a restaurant for Christmas dinner? I will think of you as I am slaving away over the stove! Actually, I plan to have everything ready the day before and use crockpots and the oven on Christmas Day.

Susan -- I'm glad to see your post tonight! I remember dial up internet; it's better than none at all but it is so slow. I, too, need to figure out what I'm wearing to church tomorrow and iron a white shirt for Bob. He is singing and I see he has his Christmas tie ready to wear. Beth and family will be here after lunch. They are coming to go through Santa's Castle. I'm hoping I can talk them into helping me finish getting out the Christmas decorations.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Later In The Evening

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Thought I would check in here before hitting the sack and found out two of the Magnolias have been here since I was.

JEAN Yep we are going out to a local restaurant that will be open Christmas for dinner. We went out there last year and enjoyed it so opted to do the same this year. Christmas Eve will be the BBQ from the champion. The lights sure make the village, as it is, really look good. Having them up on a couple shelves make a great TV light. Your having everything ready for Christmas dinner will be so nice for you won't be spending most of your time in the kitchen and can enjoy the day.

SUSAN Sounds like you had fun with your friend out in the country. It is nice to get out of the hustle and bustle isn't it. Surely you don't charge for the Living Points Plus booklet, Meet Point Plus booklet or the Pocket Guide at your WW ~ if someone that does the program on line requests them. Those are given free at all the WW places I have ever been if you are participating in the program one way or another and I am doing it on line. Evidently the local leader did check with the "powers that be" before delivering them to me for she had said she would check if she could give a copy of it to me. I had only asked her for the Pocket Guide. She just included the other two that I hadn't even asked for. That just saves postage for me if my friend out in CA had mailed them to me. Which in itself tells me that she doesn't get many requests for the booklets from those that are doing the program on line. Another way of getting the handouts is if a person just went to a local WW "join free" day and received all the booklets and then never went to another meeting. Of course all the cookbooks are charged for. I understand there is another new one out called Fitness Kit & Snacks which I will be watching for.

All y'all have a lovely nights sleep. I am going to cut some zzzz's soon myself.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #5  

Good morning to everyone! We sat around last evening and Jack watched Bowl games and I worked on my wrap. I had way too much junk this weekend and seemed to always be hungry so am going to tighten my belt. I hate it when I go through periods of intense hunger and they always seem to coincede with some kind of female stuff. Yuck, be glad when this is taken care of for sure in more than one way.

Jack is going to shampoo the dining room carpet this weekend and the living room one next weekend some time. He has 4 days off next weekend since the holidays are on the weekend so plenty of time to do everything. He wants to go and get new tires for the suv and we have dinner plans with the kids too. Of course, all of our Christmas is pretty much over with except for Christmas Eve dinner with the kids.

Ours won't be brown, more green Christmas. We have had a lot of rain and things are pretty healthy looking around here lately except no leaves on the trees of course. I saw on FB yesterday that they were getting snow in Indiana and my hometown particularly. So maybe one grandson will have snow for Christmas.

Maggie: I have seen the recipe for the scripture cake before. It would get passed around at churches we were members of. Fortune is balking a bit at the dry dog food, but we have to get his weight down and I am not putting him back on canned as that is what started this whole mess in the first place. He didn't eat much yesterday, but Jack says when he is hungry enough he will eat.

Susan: Sounds like you had a nice time at your friends. We sure are spoiled these days though with internet and such, aren't we??? So many things are becoming things of the past from our generation, records and hi fi's, knobbed tv versus remote control, color versus black and white, cell phones versus land lines, and on and on. I use the internet constantly and wonder sometimes how we ever got along with out it. I just hope Marty likes his new sweater and it keeps his old bones warm. He is 16 now so can use the nice warm sweater.

Jean: I had about 6 inches done on the other wrap when I tore it out. It doesn't bother me too much to tear things out and start over anymore unless I have goofed something repeatedly. I get aggrivated at myself when I tear something back and find I didn't make a mistake after all. I have done that one more than once. I like this zigzag pattern as it is easy and quick and looks cute so I will be able to get it finished fairly quickly and move on to something else. I have to quit getting side tracked doing stuff for other people, but I get bored working on stuff for myself. I like making gifts!

Well gals, I see it is 8 and I haven't had breakfast so need to chart my food for the day and eat. Have a nice day today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #6  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We're enjoying a sunny day for a nice change of pace. Bob sang at church today so after first service I came home and fixed a meat loaf for dinner. Beth and family are coming this afternoon so moved all the unwrapped toys to the basement. I knew if they were under the tree Maddy and Kolby would be taking inventory! I have nothing going on next week except counting money at church and gift shop, bells, and WW. What a treat to stay home and get ready for Christmas!

"Gma" -- I don't know why but there are times when I just want to eat anything that is loose, and I'm not really even hungry. I try to do something away from the kitchen; sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. People, here, who have sprinklers have green grass too. The paper said we've had as many years without snow, as with, for Christmas. I remember a few times when it acutally snowed Christmas Eve as we were leaving church -- so pretty.

I have towels in the washer and need to get them in the dryer. I put too much soap in, then pushed the wrong button so the water emptied out and I had to start all over. Hope you all have a super Sunday and enjoy!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Good afternoon Magnolias. It is a quite pleasant sunny day here in the Heartland. Tomorrow night they say we will get snow. Lots of snow. We ate out at a buffet style Chinese place and I think I chose my portions wisely and only made one trip to get food and my plate had some space between what was on it which was mostly veggies and chicken. I don't have much on my list "to do" this day but some yummy stew to get ready to cook tomorrow. I am going to cut up the veggies and have them all ready to boil away in the beef broth after being browned in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. I put potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in my stew. I also like to brown the meat with spray also in a separate pan then it all goes into a large pot with beef broth and some spices and herbs. Such a good winter day dinner. It is also really good as a re-run the next day so I will make a big pot of it. I also think I will make a loaf of herb bread to have some to eat with it. Our friend that is staying with us will be gone all week. Their baby is going to be born and he will be home for that wonderful happening. I sure am hoping he brings pictures when he comes back.

DONNA FAYE Must be a good feeling for you to have your Christmas all done with. I have all the presents I was giving out mailed and we already know what we have gotten each other so we just have the day to look for ward to going to Church for it is on a Sunday and a nice meal afterwards. That recipe I shared is just one of the many neat ones she has in the book like Faye Smiddy's Fried Apple Pies from the Museum of Appalaachia. (If I make that recipe I would probably bake them though.) The kitchen at the Museum of Appalachia serves country dishes such as fried green tomatoes,, Soup Beans with a muffin and fried pies. At age 85 in 2009, Faye Smiddy was still running the popular kitchen.

JEAN You are wise to move those presents for those kids would surely inspect them. Hope they never go to the basement and snoop around. Christmas is surely most fun when there are children around. Nothing better than the smell of freshly washed towels. I have a basket of them sitting in the hallway even as I type waiting for their trip to the washer downstairs.

SUSAN Hello there my friend. How are you fairing this day? It is so nice that you can spend time away from home with your friends ~ especially now that you are recouping. Walk softly and carry a big stick.

GAIL I sure miss you my friend. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #8  

Maggie -- Chinese sounds hmm, hmm good! We haven't had that in quite awhile. I'll bet your stew will smell (and taste) so good tomorrow! Our weather is supposed to stay in the high 30s/low 40s all week. It was really mild today; I wore my coat this afternoon, to Santa's Castle, but Will and Kolby both just had on their hooded sweatshirts. It wasn't very crowded and they had changed some of the displays so the kids enjoyed it. One room has a huge train display with several trains running, and that's always a big attraction. I am going to do some reading and head to bed early tonight.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #9  

Good morning, ladies. We had a frost last night and its 33 degrees right now.

I have just been vegetating around the house. The meeting leader picked me up Saturday so I could work at WW.

Maggie, according to WW corporate the only thing online members are allowed to get from a meeting is food products. Everything else is already on line (plan info) or available for purchase there. That is the rule. Your leader doesn't follow the rules. Online members are not given and printed information at a meeting place unless they pay for the meeting. You are not entitled to that info with paying for a meeting. Render onto Ceasar.... Did the snow come? I'm hoping to not see any this year.

Jean, meatloaf sounds good. I haven't made that in awhile. Haven't cooked much at all for the last month since my friends have kept me supplied. My friend's grandson is in love with trains right now. He's 4 and that's all he talks about.

Faye, with you are feeling very hungry, try extra potein. It keeps you feeling full and satisfied longer than anything else. I'm sure yours must be from raging hormones. I hope they can get it taken care of soon.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies. It is chilly here and overcast and gray but no precipitation. I am going to go upstairs and work today when I get finished here. We did get the rug cleaned so it looks wonderful again. Fortune had thrown up on it! I think every time we clean the darn thing he goes in and does something to put a stain on it. He is snoozing at the moment. Little by little he is eating the dry dog food. My only concern is his kidney medicine as it is a powder and very hard to put into anything for him to take it each day. You can't put it in liquid and in something solid, it doesn't do well. I am thinking about trying a piece of banana and see if I can squish it around in some banana. I just don't want him to go back to not eating the dry dog food because I am giving him banana and he can be like that I am afraid.

Susan: Thanks for the tip. I have been doing things like eating a spoon of reduced fat pbutter or having an egg, etc, but like you said, I think it is raging hormones. I have always felt the whole thing is hormone related and not something physically wrong with the organs and such. I am going to have a talk with this new gyn and see if I can pin her down a bit more about what would cause this to occur when there are no indications it should be happening. More than likely she will say she doesn't know! I am desugaring myself again too so that I am not hungry which sugar drives that up for me also. I have had a couple things since Thanksgiving which keeps me on that track. I am not eating a bunch of sweets, but for me pretty much anything other than a bite of something will then start that up again I found.

Jean: We were watching a Christmas episode of Charm City Cakes on the food channel and they were making this beautiful wedding cake for a winter wedding. It was a dark green cake with piped on snowflakes and red roses and ribbon then at the top had a custom made crystal sleigh with the couple sitting in it with crystal horses. One of the decorator's dropped the thing and smashed it! They hot glued it back together, then piped on royal icing where the hot glue was cloudy on the crystal to make it look like snow piles. Duff kept calling the bride to be but couldn't get her to answer so they took the cake and set it up and the girl told the wedding planners what happened and they would pay to replace it, but the wedding planners said they wouldn't tell her until after everything was over. Well, here comes the happy couple after the ceremony going on and on about how beautiful the cake is, especially the snow on the sleigh. Wasn't that cleaver and they just loved it, made it look better than just the sleigh itself and on and on about how creative they were to put snow on the sleigh! They said at the end they told her and she didn't freak about it or anything just said that was fine.

Maggie: I love Chinese, but tend to stay away from it because the types I like are high in fat and things. I like a lot of the veggie dishes, but I am a big noodle fan. I have stuff to make stew with and I am going to put that on the menu this week I think. Good time to have it when the weather is chilly. I make a nice loaf of homemade bread to go with it.

Well gals, it is after 10 and no production out of me so far. Have a grand day today. Faye
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Monday Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Yikes it might just snow lightly today but for now it is just chilly and the wind is blowing. I am chilly and do believe the heater may come on any minute now. I feel so much better this day than I have in a week I do believe. I may have had some bug running around in my system but who knows it is gone now thank goodess. This is my weigh day and I am down a pound and am grateful. One more weigh day before the New Year begins. I am looking forward to a bowl of stew this day for it sounds so good. I haven't put it on to cook yet but in my mind I can smell its goodness. I have a vivid imagination. I can hear the wind a blowing, it's comin' round the bend. Burrrrr.

DONNA FAYE Could you put the doggie meds in a soft treat. Our dogs meds come in a soft cube thingie that they love. That sounds like one beautiful cake. Clever makers to do the fix up job like that. All was well afterall. After I get off here today I am going to go get a loaf of bread started in my small machine. Since there is just the two of us this small machine is just the ticket. Bread doesn't call my name anymore so it doesn't hurt me to make a nice loaf once in awhile. I like to put lumpy things in it like whole grains and such. Makes it more program friendly. I also add some powdered fiber to up the fiber count.

JEAN Santa's Castle sounds like a fun place with the train room especially. Trains always facinate the kids for some reason. Will is working on figuring a way to have a small train travel by the glass village. I'll let him work on that thought. We have a friend in another state that loves trains and he and his wife have a special huge warehouse like room built onto the back of their house and have trains ~ many trains that can be going at the same time in and out of villages and tunels and such. It is amazing to see. It isn't open to the public but they gave us a tour. Some folks have the bucks to sink it into a hoby.

SUSAN Well all I can say is that I must be special since all the WW leaders I have been acquaited with have given me stuff. If in fact that is the way of it ~ being "special" is a good feeling. Something else I was given ~ now don't faint ~ is all the weights to go on that key ring for all the weight I have lost and plan to lose. So I have weight washers to add to the key ring to total 175 pounds lost. I know you are going to tell me that I shouldn't have been given those also. I have the ones I have earned along with the charms on a key ring hanging on a black cord on my upright Healty-O-Meter weigh machine which is in this room and I see it every day. I love visuals. Those leaders that gave me stuff have helped me on my journey and I am thankful for them. Since we have traveled around a lot I have leaders in several states that I keep in contact with. My weight loss journey started in Texas and has wound around this great country of ours. Life is good.

Everyone have a lovely day. Winter begins officially on Thursday the 22nd. Wonder what that day will bring us. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-19-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #12  

I just read a mega blizzard is coming east from Northern New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. Hopefully, Maggie, you aren't in a part of Kansas that is expecting to get hit and it won't hit Jean either. Keep us informed!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

BACK TO YACK

DONNA FAYE I have heard we are on the edge of things and it is snowing as I type. They say we will have light snow for a couple of days and not get hammered like they first thought. AH ~ but things are always subject to change. We have to keep the back door closed during a storm because Beanie loves to go out and frolick in it and try to catch snow or hail as it is falling. When it first started awhile ago I thought it was rain being pelted on my office window but it was hail so I knew the snow would follow on it's heels. The wind is blowing and I imagine the roads are not too slick just yet because before a storm, if they know one is coming, the city salts the streets.

I decided to make a loaf of French Bread w/garlic today to go with the stew. Got it going now and it will be ready at dinner time ~ still nice and hot.

I just got a big chuckle for Will just came in after making a trip to our favorite coffee shop. He handed me my sf ff Latte and a piece of paper that was a job application. I looked at him and he said that the owner gave it to him and instructed him in a stern voice to fill that out and return it. They are short handed and two of the gals have quit for they finished college and have moved on to other jobs elsewhere. She truly wanted to hire Will but he has enough to do as it is.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-19-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly, but the wind is blowing quite hard so it feels extra cold outside. It took most of the morning to count money and post on the computer. There is only two of us counting, for 3 weeks, and the secretary normally doesn't do the balancing of all the money. I need to finish my cards today and go pick up the gift shop money later.

Susan -- It was nice of your WW leader to pick you up so you could work the meeting with her. I think all little (and some big boys too) boys get a kick out of trains. Both Ian and Kolby have Thomas the Train sets; Ian announced he would like a "real" looking train instead.

"Gma" -- I'm glad Fortune is eating his dry food, but I bet he misses his homemade menu. Is his kidney med a pill? My dad used to wrap pills in raw hamburger and the dog would woof them down. I missed the cake show on the food channel. I do enjoy the baking and the contests. I would be a wreck if I had to create and cook against the clock. Right now we have no snow in the immediate forecast.

Maggie -- on losing another pound! I'm sure you and Will enjoyed your stew today. Santa's Castle stays set up in the Carnegie Library building all year around. Every once in awhile there will be a tour bus parked outside during the spring, summer, and fall. There is a world map full of stick pins where people have visited from.

Well, I need to keep moving! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 12-19-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #15  

Maggie: Sorry I missed seeing you loss. Congrats, that's great.

Jean: Fortune's kidney med is a powder and that is why it is so difficult. If I sprinkle on his hard food, he has to eat it on the day I put it on to get his daily dose and if not, putting it into something is difficult because the powder doesn't want to stay in any kind of a pocket situation. I did put it in a piece of banana by squishing the banana around in my hand to get it gooey and then sticking the powder in the middle, folding it and rolling it into a ball, but what a sticky mess that was. I put it on a plate to make it easy for him and he picked it up and put it on the floor and ICK what a mess. I gave up and held it in my hand and he ate it off my hand in pieces but did get it all.

Gotta go, Jack will be home anytime and I have to run to the post office and ship my sister's bday present as her birthday is a week from today and with all the holiday stuff I want her to get it on time.