Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #106  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Everyone been quiet on this board!!! Im still here just been posting on other forums...hope all is well!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Did not even know they had this tread! However, with all the searching this Morning; I found it! I don't know how active you ladies are; but I do come on the site a lot!

How are you ladies doing and how is the progress?
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #108  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

I really wish this thread was more active as well, but yes its here!I will try keeping it on the top for a week or so and see if we can make it a habit to post here as well.
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #109  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Hey!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #110  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I've only been on here since September but I try to come to the forum everyday.

How are you ladies doing??

Last edited by ChickieBoom; 10-25-2012 at 04:59 PM.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 120/105/65

Height: 183CM

i need to to reduce 20kg to reach my goal
jeremy1jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #112  
Back at it

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Just found this thread. How is everyone doing?
yellsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #113  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

I want to join you ladies! My 40th bday is in February. I want to be healthier, and I want my weight issues to be a thing of the past!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #114  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Let's simply MAKE this a more active board. We're obviously here because we need support, right? So I'm going to make a point to post 3 - 4 times a week.

A bit about me...

I've struggled with weight my entire life. The best I've ever managed it/ and felt good was when I exercised daily and simply watched what I ate. No magic. Just common sense. I wasn't skinny. However I was not fat. I was in great shape. So, now, instead of obsessing over thinness, I want to be healthy. Now that I am the first time mommy of an adorable 18 month old, it's more important than ever. Especially since I'm a SINGLE mom.

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!

I need some folks in my corner! I get that most of our body chemistry is going to work the same, regardless of ethnicity - Less input +More output= weight loss. It tends to be more challenging in our families communities though. Sometimes as we embrace "thickness" we're embracing poor health, Also, I find that amongst my friends and family, change is slow in terms of accepting that certain foods just aren't all that healthy, etc, etc, etc... I'm not trying to get on a soapbox here, I'm just trying to change my way of thinking, and strive for something better. Hopefully we all will. Just as I need support from all of you, I hope to give it as well! Teamwork!

My plan is to become more active. Exercise 5+ times a week, make it my lifestyle, and eat better. I'm reading a book by Bob Harper now called The Skinny Rules. I love it!! Common sense and it's all doable. Things like drink more water... Eat more fish... Eat your simple carbs earlier in the day... I highly recommend it.

I would love to read more about you ladies as time progresses. I will admit that I have not read the earlier pages of the thread, but I will try to get to it. Good luck everyone!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #115  
Finally in control.

I'm trying really hard not to snack since I'll probably be stuck at home for the next couple of days due to Hurricane Sandy.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Thank you so much. I want to do that style again so bad but it's either been scorching or raining in MS. Here's hoping for the summer.

I stick to low carbs and intermittent fasting. I am not on any particular plan. My plan is mixed with paleo and volumetrics. I am really not that much of a bread, pasta eater anyway. I can have it once a month and not again. I am a candy or chips person. I just cut those down and stick to things that are bigger bangs for my calorie buck, such as vegetables and fruit.

Calorie counting did help me to lose 40 pounds before. I just hate keeping up with it all.

Does anyone do Callanetics here?
I calorie count everything, besides the the cheese cake I pick off on with a baby spoon. Lol it does help. It has been working for me 3 pounds. If I knew what I know now about counting calories I would have never been 278.

I don't know about you ladies but for me. When I burn off what I eat, I lose weight a lot faster. However, I never eat back what I burn off.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
I'm trying really hard not to snack since I'll probably be stuck at home for the next couple of days due to Hurricane Sandy.
I am so guilty of this. For today's I was snacking because I was stuck in the house for 2 today's because of Sandy. I could not workout; but I was still eating. However, I was surprised that I did not gain a pound, instead I lost 2 pounds. Might be because I was eating a lot of soup.

However, I do feel guilty when I eat sweets; but I have to have a taste for it for me to eat it. My husband is bad with this because he eat sweets all day in my face! Grrrrrrr.. While eating it my face he offer me some and laugh. Grrrr...
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
You didnt offend me but I dont want to be skinny lol! I love being a curvy thick female. Even at my goal weight I will still be over weight but more in shape and toned. I think that whats more important is how you feel about u. We are not meant to be what other people want us to be! Each person is different and most importantly genetics play a major role. Stick to a healthy diet and stay active thats what I try to do and it does help
I agree with your above statement.

While my goal says 130. I will see as I get smaller what weigh I want to stay at. I am 5'2 and the medical charts say I should be 120-135. 140 is consider overweight, 150 obese and anything over that is morality obese. I love my curves and I don't want to lose them. from what I am seeing now I won't lose them because of genetics. I know in America skinny is seen as healthy and the idea of beauty; but I come from Nigeria where curves are even on slim women. To me curves define the body and can make any dress sexy! You never can go wrong with curves
Old 10-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amany View Post
Let's simply MAKE this a more active board. We're obviously here because we need support, right? So I'm going to make a point to post 3 - 4 times a week.

A bit about me...

I've struggled with weight my entire life. The best I've ever managed it/ and felt good was when I exercised daily and simply watched what I ate. No magic. Just common sense. I wasn't skinny. However I was not fat. I was in great shape. So, now, instead of obsessing over thinness, I want to be healthy. Now that I am the first time mommy of an adorable 18 month old, it's more important than ever. Especially since I'm a SINGLE mom.

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!

I need some folks in my corner! I get that most of our body chemistry is going to work the same, regardless of ethnicity - Less input +More output= weight loss. It tends to be more challenging in our families communities though. Sometimes as we embrace "thickness" we're embracing poor health, Also, I find that amongst my friends and family, change is slow in terms of accepting that certain foods just aren't all that healthy, etc, etc, etc... I'm not trying to get on a soapbox here, I'm just trying to change my way of thinking, and strive for something better. Hopefully we all will. Just as I need support from all of you, I hope to give it as well! Teamwork!

My plan is to become more active. Exercise 5+ times a week, make it my lifestyle, and eat better. I'm reading a book by Bob Harper now called The Skinny Rules. I love it!! Common sense and it's all doable. Things like drink more water... Eat more fish... Eat your simple carbs earlier in the day... I highly recommend it.

I would love to read more about you ladies as time progresses. I will admit that I have not read the earlier pages of the thread, but I will try to get to it. Good luck everyone!
This sound so like a great plan.
My weight was not a problem until in march I went to the doctor and she said I was 278. From then I just cut back on what I was eating and how I ate it. I have to admit I did lose weight without working out but at a lost at a slow pace. Now that I work out and eat better I have been losing it faster. I always been bottom heavy, but when I got a belly, it still did not make me change. My husband said looking and he seem to love my new FAtness. Lol

When I told my husband how much I weighed he was like FAtness you have to lose some weigh. So, that's what I am doing now. I just feel that when losing weight I can't eat anything and can't enjoy food that I really want and it's very hard. I have to cook separate dinners, lunch and breakfast in my house everyday because my husband can eat anything and don't gain weight.
I just tell myself I can do it and I tell u there are days I want a pizza, but can't eat it. That just piss me off. I just don't feel normal.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #120  
Finally in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
I am so guilty of this. For today's I was snacking because I was stuck in the house for 2 today's because of Sandy. I could not workout; but I was still eating. However, I was surprised that I did not gain a pound, instead I lost 2 pounds. Might be because I was eating a lot of soup.

However, I do feel guilty when I eat sweets; but I have to have a taste for it for me to eat it. My husband is bad with this because he eat sweets all day in my face! Grrrrrrr.. While eating it my face he offer me some and laugh. Grrrr...
That's great that you managed to lose 2 pounds! I pretty much stuck to my eating plan. It helped that everyone had cleared all of the ice cream and snack foods out of the grocery store and left the yogurt and fresh vegetables. Snacking out of boredom is a problem for me so it's important for me to keep myself busy.

I was hoping to be out of the 220s this week but I'm pretty close so hopefully I'll be down a bit more by Saturday.

Hope everyone is well.