Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #76  

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'1

Hey! Haven't checked in in a bit, but still pushing through! I'm doing a every other week weigh-in and surprised with the outcomes haha. I'm just happy that this is finally working. I had tried so many times in the past because everyone would tell me what is the right way and wrong and it just didn't work. Now that I have been doing it my own way I'm finally able to know I can do this! Even when I was told multiple times I'd never lose any "my" way. I am doing it! And I'm elated!

Wish everyone success with all their weight loss goals for the rest of this month!
RainbowWimsii87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #77  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello everyone and welcome to the newbies!! This site is great for support. We can do it!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #78  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

hi everyone. I've been away for a few months. I made a plan earlier this year and I didn't stick to it. I was going through a lot and although it was rough, I shouldn't have allowed it to take me off track...but I did. I have to start learning how to deal with things in life in a healthy way instead of running to food. Because with life, there will always be something, it seems. So here I am.... I decided that this Monday morning(6/4/12) will be my official weigh in. The last two days have been good with eating and exercise wise. I officially started again on May 30 2012. This time I feel like it is for good. I'm back on plan. I know how good I can look and feel.I plan to check in often.I can't wait until I reach my goal of 120 pounds! I want to stay accountable to myself, get support and give it. See you all monday!
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #79  
Just Keep on Running

I decided to check in today. I worked out for 55 minutes at the track and I'm going for a walk with my sister later tonight. A few hours ago, I ordered a new scale online so I decided whatever day it arrives at my house(I'm hoping Monday, like I planned but that prob won't happen..more like Tuesday or Wednesday) I will weigh in that next morning.

hope everyone is having a good Saturday .
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #80  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Talking Exciting

Hello everyone. It is exciting to see this thread for women of color supporting each other on weight loss. Too often we are not encouraged to get in shape and build curves with muscle and toned bodies but to hold on to unnecessary fat. We aren't meant to be skinny but we are not meant to be overweight and flabby either! Good luck to all of you and I'm wishing you all success on this crazy roller-coaster!
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #81  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domlacha View Post
We aren't meant to be skinny...
I think part of the problem is that we actually believe that.

Last edited by meltaway; 06-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #82  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
I'm hoping I didn't offend you with my comment. I'm not stating that we shouldn't be at healthy BMI's, within normal weights for our heights, and that could very well make some of us lean and thin. But when I say skinny, I'm not talking about being muscular and lean, I'm more talking about being unhealthily thin. I don't like seeing so many women of color holding on to extra pounds in the name of being "curvy" because its not its being fat. We are strong women many of use being able to build muscle mass quickly. There is so much potential within our bodies to be strong and lean. I am not discounting that. I think more women of color need to be encouraged to be healthy, which may be what you are getting at with your comment.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #83  
Just Keep on Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltaway View Post
I don't, thank goodness.

Anyways. Today I weighed in at 175.5. I stood there, next to my scale for awhile wondering how I let it get to this point but I decided it is what is it. All I can do is change it. I'm so focused on reaching my goal. I have no choice.

I worked out today for 35 minutes.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #84  
I luv my curves

You didnt offend me but I dont want to be skinny lol! I love being a curvy thick female. Even at my goal weight I will still be over weight but more in shape and toned. I think that whats more important is how you feel about u. We are not meant to be what other people want us to be! Each person is different and most importantly genetics play a major role. Stick to a healthy diet and stay active thats what I try to do and it does help
Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

Hi all My name is Kim and I would love to be apart of this thread. I was doing pretty good for a while; lost 42 pounds and it felt good. Lately I've been having some problems with my knees and gained a few back. Today I'm starting a juice fast to try to get myself back on track. Has anyone tried this before... I don't know how long I'm going to do it, but I feel like I need something to help me out with this bingeing problem that I can't seem to get rid of. I do good for a while and then I just go crazy, and since I haven't been able to work out lately I'm hoping this fast will help me. I want to get to 175, and I'm very impatient these days. I don't want to be skinny either I absolutely love my curves, and I 've been 175 before and I was very happy with me...
getmydivaback3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #86  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies,

I am the editor of a start-up wellness publication for Black woman that will launch in a few weeks. I am looking for weight loss stories from a few ladies who have lost 30 or more pounds and have kept the weight off for 6-12 months.
This is not for compensation although you will definitely receive a free copy of the issue you are featured in.
If you are interested and willing to share your inspirational weight loss story (with before and after pictures), please PM me.

Thank you!!
HappilyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I think it is rather interesting that so many women of color set a goal in weight loss that is still overweight. I am guilty of it. I have had 4 goal weights in this weight loss venture, the first two were still 10-20 pounds overweight. I didn't honestly think I could be successful, and I know my goals just seemed more achievable. I had never been a healthy weight in adulthood and honestly didn't know what my shape would look like below 180 pounds. Less boobs, more muscle, and overall healthier now but no where near the ideal figure. I'd probably need to put back on 20 pounds to be closer, but I think I will let that happen over the next few years without actively trying to get that shape. Until then, I will maintain weight and keep attempting to see my abs at least once.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #88  
I luv my curves

Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Its pretty quiet around here....
Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody! I haven't been around for a while. Went through some family stuff and unfortunately there was a significant weight gain. I'm resetting my ticker and getting it going again.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #90  

Glad this exists!
SayAnythingBut is offline   Reply With Quote