Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Wow, this is great... I thought I was the only one who didn't celebrate Thanksgiving!! And while I totally understand not celebrating it because of the history of it and can dig that, I don't celebrate it because it never really applied to me anyway. I'm from Hawaii; Thanksgiving has nothing to do with us People in Hawaii celebrate it because of the food, not the meaning. I don't even like turkey. So there's nothing in it for me at all. I'll still take the day off, though!! I'll take any excuse to sleep in
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #167  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving. We only use it as a family day but we just aren't in the holiday mood this year. I am not in the mood to put in the effort. So at least it will save me for gaining a bunch of weight.

I am finally ready to start incorporating my workouts. I feel the need to move, so that is the best time to do it. I think I'm going back to 2 a days.

Be safe today all.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #168  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
Love you Energie; I don't "celebrate European holidays" the only holidays i celebrate are African and Arabian. However, I love to eat; but again i do not celebrate it because of what happen during that time and the truth behind it
I wish there was a "love button" for this post. I agree 100 percent. I only celebrate African holidays too:-) We have the same mindset! I'm adding you to my buddylist

love you mooooore! hehe
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #169  
Just Keep on Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea View Post
Wow, this is great... I thought I was the only one who didn't celebrate Thanksgiving!! And while I totally understand not celebrating it because of the history of it and can dig that, I don't celebrate it because it never really applied to me anyway. I'm from Hawaii; Thanksgiving has nothing to do with us People in Hawaii celebrate it because of the food, not the meaning. I don't even like turkey. So there's nothing in it for me at all. I'll still take the day off, though!! I'll take any excuse to sleep in
No you aren't the only one:-)
I definitely understand what you are saying. My sister said something very similar to what you are saying.

how is hawaii? I bet its so beautiful there.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #170  

I left HI in 2001; I've been living up and down the eastcoast since. My family is still there and I visit from time to time. And about the scenery.... It's overrated, imo LOL Island life was never for me. I love the eastcoast!! I love the mountains and snow and all that stuff Hawaiians aren't meant for! I hate the rat race, but seeing the leaves change? Love it! The one thing I do miss about the islands, though, and I guess it's a good thing for me right now at least is THE FOOD. OMG, the food there is AMAZING and there aren't any places here that compare. And because it stays a constant 80 degrees year round, you can do so much stuff outdoors. Right now I'm bundling up with all kinds of fleece and sherpa and won't even consider running outside till May.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #171  
Just Keep on Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea View Post
I left HI in 2001; I've been living up and down the eastcoast since. My family is still there and I visit from time to time. And about the scenery.... It's overrated, imo LOL Island life was never for me. I love the eastcoast!! I love the mountains and snow and all that stuff Hawaiians aren't meant for! I hate the rat race, but seeing the leaves change? Love it! The one thing I do miss about the islands, though, and I guess it's a good thing for me right now at least is THE FOOD. OMG, the food there is AMAZING and there aren't any places here that compare. And because it stays a constant 80 degrees year round, you can do so much stuff outdoors. Right now I'm bundling up with all kinds of fleece and sherpa and won't even consider running outside till May.
I sent you a message boo because I have more questions about HI.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 AM   #172  
Just Keep on Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving. We only use it as a family day but we just aren't in the holiday mood this year. I am not in the mood to put in the effort. So at least it will save me for gaining a bunch of weight.

I am finally ready to start incorporating my workouts. I feel the need to move, so that is the best time to do it. I think I'm going back to 2 a days.

Be safe today all.
2 a days? Wow, you go head. That's what I hope to get to one day in the near future. Fatness is aso Ms Exercise Queen, she is definitely motivating.

Last edited by energie; 11-23-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #173  
Just Keep on Running

Oh yeah, I have a question to ask everyone, what keeps you motivated? Right now, I'm 149 and I'm 10 pounds away from getting to my lowest weight of 138/139. I'm trying to keep my motivation up so I can get there or as close to there as possible by the end of next month. Which will be close to my 3rd goal weight of 137.

I think what's keeping me motivated is just the simple vain fact(I can admit it) that I can kill a bikini(I'm not going to lie, I think I have pretty nice tone body and proportions) lol and also because I just promised myself I'd stay committed to having a body that I know I always belonged in. Also, health reasons of course.

can't wait to hear from all you lovely ladies:-)
Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #174  

So, how did you ladies fare through the weekend?? I didn't eat any Thanksgiving food, but I stuffed my face with pretty much everything else... A whole pizza for lunch (eeek!!), an entire pan of cinnamon buns (yikes!!!), and pretty much else in my fridge that wasn't a condiment. Yep. I pretty much let loose. I didn't work out on Saturday or Sunday either. Hopping back on this wagon today. I'll try to knock out an hour of cardio when I get home. The sad thing is, on Friday morning, I weighed myself which I didn't really wanna do, but was sooo happy when I saw I went down a little to 211.8. You'd think I'd celebrate with a nice little jog or some yoga. Nope. I went to the store and bought two things of cinnamon buns to make (I only made one, but ended up eating the whole thing by the next evening) and an entire frozen pizza. And I knew I'd regret it, but I ate it anyway. And it was goooooood. But now I have to get back into the swing of things. Hope you ladies made out better!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post
Oh yeah, I have a question to ask everyone, what keeps you motivated? Right now, I'm 149 and I'm 10 pounds away from getting to my lowest weight of 138/139. I'm trying to keep my motivation up so I can get there or as close to there as possible by the end of next month. Which will be close to my 3rd goal weight of 137.

I think what's keeping me motivated is just the simple vain fact(I can admit it) that I can kill a bikini(I'm not going to lie, I think I have pretty nice tone body and proportions) lol and also because I just promised myself I'd stay committed to having a body that I know I always belonged in. Also, health reasons of course.

I didn't see this earlier..... What keeps me motivated?? Well, I can tell you what's keeping me motivated now, but I'm no where near my goal weight. I'm actually a little scared that I'll lose my motivation once I get within 10lbs. of it, because I've always done that. I'll look at the scale and say, "huh. Well, close enough." and just stop. I'm hoping I won't do that this time. Right now what's keeping me motivated is seeing all the chicks here with smaller numbers than mine!! I want my weight to start with a 1 like theirs, so that's kinda keeping me going. I'm also not above bribing myself with promises of a nice purse or piece of jewelry if I hit a certain number. I've already promised myself a Tiffany pendant I've been eyeballing as a reward once I reach Onederland. I'll only use expensive bribery for the big milestones, though, 'cause otherwise I'd be thin and broke LOL

Last edited by Lakilaulea; 11-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #176  
Just Keep on Running

Lakilaulea, yay on you being down. Youve got less than 12 pounds to go!The food you ate sounds so good .Im in the end of the year challenge that I started back in sept. I will prob join a challenge in january. Are you in any?

Last edited by energie; 11-26-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #177  

Hi Everyone
We just returned from a long weeks stay in VA with family
Had an awesome time and act like I was crazy
Now its back to business.
My family got together every single day that me and the kids were there is town so that was awesome.

Tomorrow ill be heading to the Farmers market to stock up on fruits and veggies so that I can get back into eating the right way

Wishing everyone a great week.
Stay motivated ladies!!!
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by energie View Post

Seeing that I am losing weight keeps me motivated. Alsom, seeing how well other ladies are doing in 3FC motivates me as well..
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #179  

energie - I'm in the April Fool's Challenge and the Goal By Summer Challenge. Although, I am off to a BAD start, y'all... I haven't exercised in 5 days and I've been eating WHATEVER I WANT since this weekend. I skipped working out Monday thinking I'd just make up for it last night, but ended up getting home late because my car broke down. So not only did I not have time to exercise, I made a pit stop for takeout food AGAIN. I'm really really REALLY gonna try to exercise when I get home tonight. I feel like I'm slipping again. It's soooo easy to start slipping...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Missed you ladies; been busy with school. I made it to 197 and feeling good.

How are you ladies?
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote