Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgina00 View Post
Weighed in at 188 yesterday and 187.5 today, meaning that I have lost 3 pounds in the last week and this has been my best weight loss week in over two months. So, I guess my slow dance has turned into a bit of a salsa for this week. But, I doubt it will last. Next week it will probably turn back into a waltz and I will see the same satisfying 0.5 or 1 lb lost.

geoblewis, do not worry about the "10-lb weight gain." It is nearly impossible for one to gain 10 lbs in 2 days. The scale is probably just registering waste, water, and sodium weight. Its artificial and will be down before you know it.
This is awesome news!!! You lose weight like me, trickle, trickle, trickle, whoosh. Gotta love those whooshes! Congrats and I think this is a good Christmas present for you, huh?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
my computer is letting me on here for a bit...i am feeling much better although one more day left of antibiotic ear drops...decided to try the gym today and had a good workout, same routine as i was doing before i left to travel to the village...i was surprised that it was about the same level of difficulty because i'd been out for a week, i thought it would be harder again...scale still saying between 202-204, down from 211 before i traveled...tempted to change my ticker but i still dont think that weight will stay...i think it will go back up once i start working out and muscles retaining water again...did alot of baking today, have a package ready to send to the village...hope my computer continues to let me on here while im home for two weeks
I think you should claim that weight loss! Water in the muscles will only be temporary, if you get it. Glad your ear is feeling better, ouch! Enjoy your vacation!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I had a mixed week. I exercised a lot. Six hours of Pilates this week, plus time on my rower and weight training. It all feels good and I like feeling strong.

But I also had an emotionally charged week, fell into a giant vat of carbs for two days, then my period started last night (I'm peri-menopausal and I never know when Aunt Flo is going to show up, if at all) and suddenly the mood swings and carb fest made sense. Despite all my workouts and controlled eating earlier in the week, the two-day indulgence caused me to gain 10lbs. Zoinks! Not freaking out about it (context is everything), but ZOINKS!

Today's plan: drink lots of water, tea and coffee, eat lean protein and veggies, avoid all refined carbs and other processed foods.

Only issue left at the moment...what to do about the potato cravings!
Darn Hormones! Hope it passes soon!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by forloveofself View Post
Hello Everyone!
Alaskan, Hope you'll be feeling better soon, and the same to anyone feeling unwell. Funny about your hubby being leader. I really like our chief. He works really hard for us.

K9O so glad your dinner party went well.

Congratulations to those with small or large victories.

Hello Larry enjoy your new computer

I'm doing okay on plan Too many carb cals, 145 on Friday, but it was easier. I've been having a major fibro/neuralgia flare since Thursday and I feel almost not all there at the moment. Head, neck shoulders and legs pounding.
No significant weight loss for weeks now, about 5 wks or so, just ounces yet I know I am honestly following cal counting plan as I write them down at end of the day.
I think I will, for a short time, do intermittent fasting to see if this helps.
I started eating some sort of breakfast when I started on this journey in early October, but I really never cared and still don't like to eat before 11am/noon. My tummy is never ready for it, I just started to do it because my GP suggested I should.
Well, I'm going to see if following my natural inclinations works. I believe it works out to about the same cals or fewer by 200 to 300. But if that's when my body is ready to burn them regardless of exercise, maybe that will make a difference.

I will not give up, and sooner or later this body will stop holding on to the 14lbs to first goal.
I am only a bit down because I wanted to start the New Year at around 172, but I won't beat myself up about it any longer.

Have a great wkend. See you Monday.
I think saying everyone needs to eat breakfast is hogwash! Do what feels right for your body. A lot of people eat like this and do very well, good luck.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #50  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies and Larry I am back

I needed to take a break from internet a bit...it felt I was spending too much time checking on FB or my forums...

The last two weeks; I really focused on myself. I ate OP each day, walked 6/7 days. I went down to 156 pounds. I feel a TON lighter. Yay!

Kids are home and hubby only has to work today and tomorrow.

I am getting ready for xmas. My MIL is still pouting ( she is taking her anger on my DD as well...she ignored her 17th birthday...yikes), but I agreed to spend x-mas eve-eve with inlaws and BIL.... I am trying to keep my composure and not let her get to me and over eat in a process.

Everyone have a FAB day!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #51  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been MIA--working.
I have been up several hours this morning.
I feel yucki, like I have a urinary tract infection.
I am going to try to go to the lab to get it checked and get a Rx for an abx.
UGH! agony
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #52  

Sum, glad you took a break and were able to focus on you, a big congrats to you for the loss! I missed you and was just wondering if we were going to have to send out a search party.
We are having some in-law issues too and are staying home on Christmas day for the first time in about 22 years!!!!!!! Holy crap, I don't know how that will feel, probably luxurious.

K9, feel better soon Yikes, I have never had a UTI, but it sounds like pure misery.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Jo, Thanks for the encouragement. I have been like that (not breakfast eater) since early teens. Well, that not wanting to eat first thing in the morning only grew esp after health issues came along. Going with my instincts have always served me well. afterall, we are in tuned to ourselves!

Hello Sum38, glad you are back!

K9O ugh! Hope it will clear up soon. Cranberries!

Started around 10 am with a handful of dried mixed berries and almonds, just to take the fibre tabs and other meds. Tummy didn't need to protest! Hoorah!

Lunch was a plate of veggies and a yogurt with more berries.

Dinner: Over the wkend, I made tunawith mayo, chopped celery, and chopped onions for tuna melts, and later, for a snack had some with celery pieces, cheese and crackers, (very filling and satisfying)So may do the same sans the crackers, or more stir fry veggies with some kind of protein.

Snack:Got some low cal/low fat chocolate and lemon pudding cups when I went shopping, so will have one of those at some point before 8pm

Great journey everyone!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #54  

Sum38: Congratulations on your focus and weight loss. That's fabulous!

K9Owner: Hope you are feeling better. Those UTIs can make life so miserable.

My sore throat is not showing signs of improvement. I now have a dry cough to go with it. Have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow for something else so I'll have her check it out. That being said, I will not make my exercise challenge this week. With Christmas coming up I don't want to overexert myself with exercise and end up really sick for Christmas. So, I am switching to keeping a close eye on my calories this week.

On a good note I am down another 0.8 pound. So I've lost a total of 1 pound since the challenge started. For me that's saying something.

Continued good luck to everyone this week and holiday blessings to you and yours.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinThin5 View Post
Sum38: Congratulations on your focus and weight loss. That's fabulous!

K9Owner: Hope you are feeling better. Those UTIs can make life so miserable.

My sore throat is not showing signs of improvement. I now have a dry cough to go with it. Have a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow for something else so I'll have her check it out. That being said, I will not make my exercise challenge this week. With Christmas coming up I don't want to overexert myself with exercise and end up really sick for Christmas. So, I am switching to keeping a close eye on my calories this week.

On a good note I am down another 0.8 pound. So I've lost a total of 1 pound since the challenge started. For me that's saying something.

Continued good luck to everyone this week and holiday blessings to you and yours.
Congrats on the 0.8 and the 1 pound total!! That is wonderful, keep up the good work!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #56  
~Krystal~

Hi everyone
I feel like I've abandoned you all and I am truly sorry. It was not intentional, nor am I leaving. I really don't know when I have felt THIS terrible. Actually, I do. It was in June when I had another infection and then in Jan 2007, which was the last time I had a UTI. Good thing I don't get these regularly. And, it's even worse around Christmas and New Year's b/c caffeine and ETOH make urine more acidic (as does cranberry)
My favorite things to drink right now are ALL of those aforementioned! So, it looks like plenty of water for me
I'm glad to see so many on our thread doing so well despite the upcoming and ongoing Christmas festivities.

ThinkinThin: on your 0.8! I feel ya on this commie "For me that's saying something."

I did ok over the weekend at work. I didn't eat out or anything like that, but I did eat about 400 cals over what I wanted to eat for Fri/Sat/Sun. It's a journey…sometimes, you have to take baby steps & saying "NO" to take-out is major for me. Now, I just need to back it up with eating less healthy stuff when I go. Saturday night, I ate out of pure boredom (yes, at work!), which in and of itself speaks VOLUMES on our unit. But, I was doing paperwork, and I despise sitting at a computer for 2-2.5 hrs doing paperwork!

Today, I was under in cals, which is ok. < 1200 cals. I came home from the MDs office and slept for 5 hours. I could have slept longer. I really don't like taking antibiotics (abx), but I knew before I went it was going to be bad, and it was. I feel as though I've missed my calling so many times in the professional realm, and this is yet another. People ask me all the time, "Why didn't you go to med school?" WHAT?? Are you kidding?? That would require to me to be here MORE than I already am--uhm NO thanks!

Last edited by K9Owner; 12-19-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #57  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - Hope you feel better soon

ThinkinThin - Great job on the loss

Between TOM and the ham the other night that DH made... I am going nowhere near a scale for my "sneak peek" this week. Instead, I shall shove the water down my throat, try to keep up with all workouts, and keep the nose to the grind I was able to do the elliptical on the mid-section program for intervals (killer) and get through it yesterday, was quite proud of myself, and did strength training Sunday - so far staying on target
Old 12-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #58  
~Krystal~

Star: TOM is suck a jerk! Keep up the good work staying OP

I woke up with a massive headache. GREAT!
I was just thinking as I laid down last night, "I hope I wake up with a headache, so that I can begin my day feeling as bad as I do tonight!"

Goody's Cool Orange all around!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Does anyone besides me have days when your diet cravings are like this YOUTUBE video? It sure fits me.

So very funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

Larry
Old 12-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #60  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Does anyone besides me have days when your diet cravings are like this YOUTUBE video? It sure fits me.

So very funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

Larry

I REALLY needed this today!!!
Laughter is the BEST medicine for illness!!
Closed Thread