Steel Magnolias #54

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Morning gals. We seem to be holding steady with our weather. It gets up to near 60 the last few days and into the 30's most nights. I don't hear the furnace kick on so the house doesn't seem to cool off significantly.

I am not sure I can remember what we talked about on the last thread to do replies, but I will give it the ole college try!

Jean: I am sure whomever gets your gift will like it just fine. The sweater irritated me no end as there is no way that fit her poodle because she was Fortune's size. Sometimes when you use patterns written by non professionals you end up with stuff like that. Her pattern was not clear either and though I understood it, people with less experience would say, "hey, where are the rest of the directions for the row?" Anyway, I have a surprise for you all when I am done. It is looking pretty terrific if I do say so myself. Hope your weather is not too bad this weekend.

Maggie: Sounds like you are in for some nasty stuff coming your way. Sure hope it doesn't hit Indiana and around there as the kids are flying to Mexico to visit her dad this morning. My grandsons are sure world travelers. I never even flew in a plane until I was an adult and married. I have only been on a train a couple times and sure wish they would bring back rail travel. I enjoy it.

Susan, Gloria, and Gail: Thinking about you!!!

Like I said, I am working on something I hope can be finished in a couple days so I can take a pic and show you. Something brand new for me, but I seem to be doing ok with it.

I am going to try and tackle upstairs today. Jack wanted to go out to dinner last night so I never did get upstairs and clean. I guess it is still there to do!

I have to find something to get to go along with the socks I made for my sister for her birthday. She is a bit hard to buy for as she is about as round as she is tall so I don't buy her clothing. I imagine I will do what I usually do and get her a gift card.

Well, I am going to go sit and knit for awhile then start in working. Have a great weekend girls! Faye
  • Snowey Saturday
    GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is 32 degrees as I type and snowing. Will and our boarder have left to return the loaner of a vechicle for when his was being worked on. Hope they don't do any slipping and sliding. Yesterday when we were out and about we noticed that they had already salted the roads.

There were lots of kids and adults that rode the wagon last night and had a great time. The museum director gave Will a real neat book. It is a big 10 X 13 inch book on the Age of the Gunfighter. All about the men and weapons on the frontier 1840 - 1900 with lots and lots of pictures. I opened it and there to my delight was a picture that took up both pages of the inside of a log cabin with a wood stove and an iron bed and all the trappings, etc. Gun belt slung over the bed foot and animal skins on the walls ~ a really neat picture like I had just stepped into that room. I am going to have fun going through this book.

I am making progress on my glass flower shop. Like I said the coper cut out trees on each side walls will take some doing. I have two trees cut out and on the glass and now to solder them to get the wood surface look. I'll have to do it in stages to let it cool between each passing so as not to crack the glass. The trees are bare without leaves. Just trunk and branches. One of these buildings was in the village I sold years back.

DONNA FAYE You sound chipper this day. You must be feeling much better. What day is your official weigh day? Mine is Monday.

Have a great day Magnolias. Be back later.

• Good Morning, Flowers! Well, the weatherman was right this time . . . it is snowing! It is sticking on the ground so guess it is serious. I baked my cake to take for the funeral this afternoon and have a roast cooking for lunch. Tomorrow is a baked potato bar at church done by the kids for a fund raiser. I'm thinking pizza if Beth and family are here for supper tomorrow.

"Gma" -- One thing about housework, it will wait for you forever. I noticed you were going to knit and then work . . . I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Maggie -- Thanks for sharing the snow! We could get up to 8" at the last report, but we are right on the edge so I hope we don't. The flower shop sounds really cute and detailed.

I need to go check on my potatoes. Enjoy the rest of your day . . . and keep your shovels shined!
  • Good morning gals. It is very mild out this morning and looks very overcast so I imagine rain is in the forecast for us today.

Ok, advice to those knitting, do not use a pattern that has been translated from Swedish into English, they tend to forget parts of the explanation. I had my surprise project almost complete and realised it was correct and had to rip it back. That's ok, but I spent about half an hour trying to figure out what they left off and put it back in! I have ripped it back to the point where they left off what I really ought to do and will work on ti later on today.

Jean: True, work should come first but yesterday I sat on my backside and knitted all day except to do the laundry. I am just going to wait until Jack goes back to work tomorrow and then work on everything, it is easier that way. Jack watched football all day and evening so he was sort of in the way anyhow and I could dust and vacuum and such without disrupting him. Very valid excuse I think!

Maggie: I weigh on Mondays too. I am jazzed though because according to the scales I not only took off vacation weight but more lbs. Yeah for me, won't be long and I can get into my jeans again.

The female stuff started up overnight again last night. I am all shaky this morning and all the other bologna that goes with what is going on with me. I have a regular dr appt on Thur so we are going to get the authorization and appt to the new gyn and get this show on the road!!!

Not much else going on here. I just finished breakfast and am going to go up and shower and dress and we need to go out to Walmarts for a few groceries to tide us over until the weekend when it will be commissary day.

Younger grandson and his parents are in Mexico this week visiting his mama's daddy. I imagine he is having a grand time of it. He is in Guadalajara so I imagine it is warm down there. Have a good one all. Faye
  • Good Afternoon, Flowers! The snow stayed on the ground, the wind is blowing, and it's cold outside! Welcome to winter! We went to early church and had planned on a baked potato lunch. That is postponed until next week due to the flu. For whatever reason, I have the chills this afternoon and just can't get warm. I don't have time for the flu bug to visit! I didn't sleep very well last night and would really like a nap, but should get busy on my Christmas "to do" list. Tomorrow morning is counting church money first thing, then I have a Christmas luncheon and meeting tomorrow at noon, and lastly is Maddy and Kolby's program at 6:00.

"Gma" -- I would like some mild weather again! We had such a nice fall that this weather is a shock to the old body. Good luck with the knitting project; as I've said before you have way more patience that I! I do hope your doctor will agree with you on a plan of action after the holidays.

Bob made a trip to get some replacement bulbs for the outside lights, and I see he is back again. I talked him out of getting up on a ladder this year so he outlined the picture window and front door. We have an inside switch so don't have to go outside to turn them off and on. I hear the dryer buzzing so need to keep moving. Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Good morning ladies. It is cold, windy and has been raining going on the second straight day now. We have a leak in the roof the morons didn't fix the last time I called and it was leaking so I have to call them again. Jack says you can see the sky at the peak in the attic so it should be obvious, but they have some noodleheads that work maintenance here. They showed up one day, unlocked my gate without permission and went into my garage and started fooling with our garage door opener, which works fine. I went out there and ask them what they were doing and they told me and I said they had the wrong address and pushed the door opener button and up went the garage door. The one guy insisted they had the right address and argued with me that I called the office to have it fixed. I told him to get out and call the office again because it wasn't our garage door opener, then the petulant little snot made a comment that it was going to break anyway because of blah blah blah and they would be back. Well the thing isn't that old so I imagine it will last awhile. I should have called and complained, but we were involved with something in the house and I went back in and forgot about it. Just one more gripe I have with this stupid management company that owns the condos.

Today is weigh day and yahoo, I am down a whopping 9 lbs since we came back from Thanksgiving and 5 lbs since my weigh in before that. So not counting the weight I gained over the holiday, I am down 5 lbs for the week. Hope this keeps up for sure!

Fortune has been driving me bonkers. He is not sleeping at night, but jumps on me, walks all over me, lays down, then gets down then up again and all night long this goes on about every half an hour or so. I don't know if it is the shift in food and he is hungry overnight or what, but he always still has food in his bowl by morning now. I think he will adjust eventually and he does eat about half of it everyday and he is not getting sick or anything and it feels like he is getting the weight back off again so I am sure it will eventually all balance out, but thank goodness I don't work and I can nap when I need to.

Jean: We have the warmer variety of what you and Maggie are getting for weather I imagine. Poor Fortune is beside himself as he can't go out the rain is driving so hard this morning. I guess I will be cleaning up puppy pads today. Thomas's band program is tomorrow. I am anxious to hear them. Thomas is doing great with the trumpet, but I got the giggles when he and Jackson were playing a Wii dance party game. He has very little body rhythm and considering how he plays the piano, I found it funny. Hope Maddie and Kolby's program goes well for them. I miss those days and won't get to see Jackson's. I finally succumbed to needing help and went to my knitting website and posted the pattern and ask them for help. Come to find out, this is knit in the round, but when you get to a certain point you are supposed to knit straight. It didn't really explain it well and it made no mention of starting a second 2 balls of color to do it either and I have never seen that not done when it is part of the pattern. Like I said, it is a non english pattern translated so maybe they figured you automatically knew that, I don't know. Anyhow, it is coming along at the moment.

I hear Jack up and getting ready for work. He may have to swim for it today though! Oh, you are gonna love this. As you know the city gave us a big 5% pay cut back in July. The mayor just came out and said they have a surplus in one of the expenditures and wants to give a 1.5% bonus to each employee for the holiday. I mean, it will be great to have the extra $1000 for us, but if the city has surplus, why did you find it necessary to give us a pay cut or at least one that big???? I know we get the same COLA as SS the end of the month in Jack's Navy pension, which amounts to about $50 extra take home a month, which is always nice since we haven't had one in several years now.

Well better go. Hubby will be down anytime and will want to eat his cereal and play Freecell. Have a good one today. Faye
  • Cold Chilly Monday
    GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is certainly a cold one here in the Heartland. The low was 2 and the high today is said to be 25 so the snow won't melt in the yard. I guess I didn't post yesterday ~ we had company all day after church that stayed with us till evening services. What fun we did have for he is working here in Hays for a few months and is from our beloved Texas. Yipekio I am down another pound this day. Will also is down one. We must be doing something right. . I have my list started now of what I want to accomplish this day. I may start cutting out a new building since I finished that flower shop. But I can't finish a new one until I get my order of light brackets, lights and cords with sockets ~ because I need the brackets to solder on the inside back wall of the building before I put it all together. I had a few extra brackets so I was able to make a few buildings without lights so when I get my order they can be lit for they will already have brackets installed. We are going to have to put up some more shelves to hold the rest of the village. When I get all the buildings made I want to have in my village I think I will make some boxes. I have made lots of boxes but don't have any myself. I like boxes. Yep, I need one to slip over a tissue box on my night stand.

DONNA FAYE It is good that you are a napper for you certainly don't get a full nights sleep. Your poor pooch. I know you do all you can and know what to do for him. Sounds like a child with collic ~ up and down all night. on your losses. Pounds gone forever. You are doing great so keep up the momentum girlfriend. You have convinced me that if I decide to knit something I had better pick a pattern from this country. I am not nearly as smart as you when it comes to reading a pattern nor making adjustments to one. I do want to knit for myslelf one of those intricate cable knit sweaters when I get down small enough to not show bulges. I made one once ~ then when I got too big for it ~ gave it away to a friend in MN who was jazzed to get it. Hopefully I still have that pattern. I do still have my needles. That reminds me to do some checking if I do still have that pattern. I learned how to knit just to make that sweater.

JEAN don't get the flu. Your temps are like ours and I am staying inside this day. Enjoy the program. Those kids are so much fun to watch at those school events. How nice you have an inside switch for your outside lights. Too many accidents happen this time of the year. How dreadful for that family of the man who just got electricuted recently while putting up lights. Well dreadful for him also. Christmas time will never be the same for that family I do believe. Best to be safe.

Everyone have a lovely day and stay warm. Type at y'all later.

• Here is my surprise! I just finished it. I have never done fair isle knitting before so I think it turned out pretty darn good. Fortune likes it anyway as it will keep him warm. The pattern once you get down to where the legs are supposed to be didn't explain that you are supposed to put stitches on the holder then knit straight back and forth not in the round and you have to join another two balls of yarn to do it. I tried all different ways and couldn't make it work until I went to my knitting website and one of the moderators who is an expert knitter highlighted part of a sentence and when she did that and said she thought that was what was hanging me up, it was like a lightbulb came on. I had no trouble knitting the fair isle though. It is really rather easy I think. I guess I shouldn't be so afraid to do things out of my comfort zone as I am finding out I can do them!

• Good morning ladies. It is super windy and very cold this morning here. The rain has finally stopped though and hopefully it will have worked its way out of the area.

Read an article yesterday our Mayor proposes a 1.5% holiday bonus to the employees because there is a surplus in the money this year. Wellllll, then why did you cut our pay??? Come to find out, I saw another article in the afternoon that said the county commissioners had passed a holiday bonus for the county employees. Ahhh, can't be outdone by the county. The city council is to decide today. I am not saying no to the money, but we have something like a 20 million dollar surplus. It is so ridiculous here and I am waiting for the judge to tell the city they have to give us our pay cut back then we shall see some hopping around. The employees are pretty miffed about the whole thing, at least what I have seen on online posting, but of course the other citizens say we should be happy just to have our jobs. I just always tell them to remember how they get their trash picked up, who comes when they have a fire, that they can flush their toilets, and who shows up when someone tries to shoot them????

We have the concert tonight, but I am going to try and get some housework done. I was possessed to get the sweater finished yesterday and worked on finishing it for the most part so I feel behind now. We have commissary shopping this weekend and I have a dr appt on Thursday so that shoots those days in the head so I need to get it done in the next couple days.

Fortune likes his new sweater. He hasn't been trying to get it off like he usually does by rolling around on the floor. He did go out last night and rub up against the tree and get it a bit dirty, but I cleaned it off when he came back in.

Maggie: Congrats on your losses and to Will too. Jack weighed yesterday and is down another 2 lbs so he is at goal now and is going on maintenance. I told him over the weekend he looks positively skinny. I know he feels better, but he is still having daily pain and stiffness with the knee he had surgery on in September. I told him I thought he should go back to the ortho doctor and have him take a look just in case, but he says he thinks it is as good as it is going to get until he can get his knees replaced. I have yet to knit a cable project. I have a cable needle, just have never tried it. I know I can do it as it truly isn't that hard to do, but I guess just always had other things I wanted to do.

Well gals, Jack should be up soon so you all have a nice day today. I am going to try and stay warm. Faye
  • Titilating Chilly Thursday
    GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLAS

It is a chilly 17 that "feels like" 7 and not expected to get over 21 this day. If you are thinking I will stay inside you are correct. We got just a few decorations put out in the front room and I think that is all we are going to do this year. It is cheery and Christmas looking but not overdone if you get my drift. We found in one box some real nice Christmas items that we bought at a yard sale during the summer that was a surprise because we forgot we had purchased them. Couple of darling 18 inch male and female scarecrows in holiday attire and an iron sleigh with greenerie in it. Real nice expensive at one time pieces. The Kinkade tree looks great on a cabinet in there. Will is going to put wider shelf boards where I have my glass village so I will be able to plug in the lights on some of the houses and put out some of my little holiday decorations for that village. Life is good.

The indoor smoker should be arriving any day now.

We are having guests in for dinner this Thursday and Will has requested that I make a meatloaf. Easy and yummy so that will be done. I'll serve a salad, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn and rolls. And for dessert something I have not decided on as of yet. We got that large spiral cut ham and have been given a coupon for another one. Looks like we will have ham in the freezer for awhile. I will get creative with some ham recipes. Will has visions of a ham bone in beans. That certainly can be arranged. When I am cutt all the ham off the bone I will make a pot of beans. OH that sounds good on a day such as this but it is too late to get that started for this day's dinner.

I think for dinner this day we will have oven baked panko coated chicken breast cutlets roasted baby carrots and a green salad. Easy to do and good for us.

I always make enough for our guest. If he can't make it at dinner time he can have it later that way. Microwaves are wonderful for reheating "stuff." I don't want him eating just "junk food" all the time ~ the mother coming out of me toward him. I am old enough to be his mother so I can chastize him for working too hard and not eating properly to keep up his stanima. Certainly don't want him to get sick. In fact last night was the first night he had come home and taken a long nap and then didn't go back to the studio to record his show. The baby girl is going to be born soon for the 15th is fast approaching. The plan, as it stands now, is after the baby is born they will find a place here and she will move. We shall see how that goes. Things are always subject to change.

DONNA FAYE That is such a darling sweater for Fortune that you knited. It looks so good on him and warm and cozy. Yep, he had to tell that tree about his new sweater and rubbed on it to convey the message. Little scudder ~ so silky and precious looking I just want to reach out and hug him. for Jack ~ reached goal. He sure did good. I know he must be very happy with his progress and reaching goal. Your mayor is a piece of work jerking the people he works for around like that. I know you will totaly enjoy that concert tonight. What a delight those programs are during this season. Enjoy.

JEAN & SUSAN & GAIL I hope is all well with you Magnolias. Time has come to hear from all of you, please. Let us know how you are doing.

Type at y'lll later. I am off to the kitchen to get some chicken tenders out of the freezer.
  • Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and it has warmed up to 6 degrees, from -8 earlier. I feel like the hamster running in the wheel! Yesterday morning, when I got to church . . . no secretary and no custodian; the other money counter had keys so we were able to get into the church and the office. Come to find out both were home with the stomach flu as well as the ed. director. I did my job and got out of there fast! My first Christmas luncheon/meeting was at noon followed by a trip to Sioux City for Maddy and Kolby's "holiday" program. We happened to run into some old friends we've known for years and nothing would do but we stop over for coffee. It was close to midnight by the time we got home again. This morning was my time to work in the gift shop and I was busy -- sold close to $200 worth of Christmas and sale items. Bob met me for lunch in the coffee shop and now I'm home. I have to do last week's deposit for the gift shop, then type out a year end report for the board meeting on Thursday. Crafty club is also on Thursday so I may not make the meeting, but will take my report to the volunteer director.

"Gma" -- on losing another 9#s and to Jack for being at goal! You two rock! I hope you are able to get your roof leak fixed asap, and that they leave your garage door opener alone! Some people are really stupid! Fortune looks pretty spiffy in his new sweater! You do such nice work; I'm glad you were able to get the help you needed online. I hope you both sleep better tonight. Hopefully those "in power" don't renege on the bonus promise. Enjoy the concert tonight!

Maggie -- to you also, for losing another #, and to Will for being a # lighter! I have hopes for a loss on Thursday. What fun to find a Christmas box that you had forgotten about! The program last night was fun. Kids just come up with some funny gestures that make the program interesting. I thought Kolby might knock the kid behind him off the risers because he kept tapping Kolby on the shoulder. Maddy's group had a line-up of kids doing actions to the music and a couple boys really hammed it up. The auditorium is small so I'm glad Will went early to save seats for us. Those who came later had to stand along the walls. A young mother, sitting in front of us, was saving seats and some "dirt bag" character was going to sit there. She had jackets laying across the seats and he just picked them up and threw them in a pile. She stood up and politely told him the seats were taken and he was very snotty saying there were no other seats left. She stood her ground and he finally did leave; Will stood up as the guy was talking so don't know if that helped or not.

I've got a load of wash to get into the dryer and another load waiting for the washer. My kitchen is a disaster that also needs attention. *sigh* A nap is sounding even better. Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • Good Morning, Flowers! It's a gloomy cold day in my neighborhood this morning. At least I don't have to notice my dirty windows quite so much. I'm looking for the gift shop checkbook which I had last night because I sent an email to the buyer. GRRRRR! Why can't I stay organized?! I need to make the bank deposit, type a report for the board meeting tomorrow, decide on a salad for crafty club, go get the ingredients, and wrap an exchange gift of some sort. Tree is still undecorated . . . *sigh* . . .

I need to get dressed and find the checkbook before I can do anything else. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!
  • Good morning ladies. I am freezing my bum off this morning, it is snowing icky wet thick stuff here and colder than blue blazes. Scared my husband to death because he called me 5 times and texted me a couple this morning and couldn't get an answer, but I put the phone on vibrate and turned off the volume while we were at Thomas's concert and forgot to turn it back on.

Thomas auditioned and got picked for concert band, which is usually only seventh and eighth graders so that was cool. They did a nice job and it was only an hour long so very enjoyable. Please say a prayer for Kelly's fil, Irwin or as he is known to us, Bookie. He has prostate cancer that is now metasticized into the bones, which we found out about last year (the doctor's kept treating him for arthritis!) so he is without any kind of cure. He came last night, but it was sad to see him now in a wheel chair. Kelly did say at Thanksgiving they bought him a scooter now to get around in and she talked to Alicia what would be the best pain medication because the poor man is in pain all the time. He is in his mid 70's so not a young man of course, but up until this he was always doing something either woodworking or doing craft shows, fishing and such. It will be so devastating when this crappy disease finally takes him.

I still got not a thing done yesterday so am determined after I get through posting to get my behind upstairs and do some work. I keep forgetting to call the management company so I stopped long enough to do that and she is having a couple companies call me to bid on the job. I guess they have hired a company now instead of those bozos doing it thank goodness.

Maggie: Please accept my apologies for not letting you know I got the lovely bookmark. I just kept forgetting when I would sit down here to post. We are going to have homemade sloppy joes for dinner tonight. I make just enough to have our sandwiches and we have some ff chips with it and I have fruit of some kind and perfect quick dinner. Thank you for the lovely compliment about the sweater. I was amazed it came out so well. I do love the color combination on Fortune and he sure seems to love it as usually he tries to rub them off until he gets the job done. He has kept this one one, maybe because it is cold outside.

Jean: You sound a bit harried! I think you have over scheduled yourself and just can't fit everything in. Between the kids, Christmas, the church, the hospital and then whatever else you want to do you just do not have enough time. You know me, the great organizer. If I don't make a list, it doesn't get done much of time time. I have post it notes on my computer right now reminding me to cancel classmates.com in aug, renew mcafee in January, my dr appt tomorrow, just took of Thomas concert one this morning and a list of books that came out new last month! On top of that, I worked for a couple hours and did the whole budget for next year, paid bills for this week and am scheduling a time for Jack to go in the end of the month and buy new tires for the car. The city is giving him a $525 bonus after taxes, which will be nice as it will pay for the tires without having to dip into my budget for them. We got a coupon from Firestone for buy 3 get one free and our tires are about $145 apiece so that was nice. On top of that we have to pay almost $30 for those valve kits that have the auto tire pressure measuring in them along with the other stuff then add on and taxes too. You go to price a tire and think you are getting them for $145 apiece when actually they end up being closer to $155-160 apiece with all the junk they add on.

Well gals, it is to work to work for me. Have a good middle of the week. Hopefully the weather will warm into the 40's today as promised and it will stop snowing and melt. Faye
  • Good afternoon, ladies! 71 degrees but cloudy today. Rain is on the way.

I got home yesterday from Glory's. I sure didn't think it would be 2 weeks with her. It's a good thing we get along so well. As you know, they were going to go with a block from my knee down for the surgery and they put it in but the doc though I was having too much discomfort (I don't remember it) and they gave me general anesthetic on top of it. Osteoporosis has made the bones softer than the doc though they would be and the screws went in a little easier than he would have liked so I'm having to be extra careful because if I fell and damaged the foot, I'd probably have to have a cage around my foot with pins for several months. Anyway, I have progressed to a walker and hopping on my left foot when I need to move around. I've been sitting for 2 weeks with my foot elevated above my hip and I was sure when I went back to have my stitches removed yesterday he would say I could do more but it's another 2 weeks sitting on my butt. The bottom of my foot is purple with bruising and I don't think it would feel very good to walk on anyway. I'm doing a lot of reading and applique.

Faye, Fortune's sweater is beautiful! I'm sure he feels very special and stylish in it. You are dropping weight like a champ! And Jack has reached goal - what a special feeling!

Jean, always busy and volunteering! You life will always be interesting, that's for sure.

Maggie, I love my bookmark! A handy reminder for me and it'll be much used. Your village must be spectacular. I'd sure like to see it.

Hi, Gail!

Have a great day!
  • Wonderful Cold Wednesday
    GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a cold day of 35 degrees that "feels like" 27 here in the Heartland this morning. There is still snow on the ground that needs to be melted. Yipekio our indoor smoker came yesterday and I am now deciding what to smoke first. I have read the directions and checked out the recipes that came in the enclosed pamphlet and want to smoke everthing in it. What is neat for a crowd or potluck I can smoke a dozen chicken breasts in half an hour. I will decide what to cook in it and use it for it's virgin run on Friday for we have dinner guests coming tomorrow evening.

The funniest thing happened with Cecil and Beanine last night. They were wresteling about in the living room floor then Cecil walked away a few steps and stopped and looked back and Benie charged him and Cecil jumped from where he was standing up ~ straight up 3 feet. We all saw it ~ all who where in that room. Three feet straight up. Landed on top of Beanie and they continued to tussle. We should start calling Cecil "Air Jordan." That kitten can jump. OH ~ if I could have only gotten a picture of that.

I found a neat Monkey Bread Muffin recipe I want to make. It didn't come with the nutritional information but I can figure out the points+ after I lighten the recipe. I'll do that before I make the muffins for sure. Looks like a good recipe for a brunch with boiled eggs. It uses Grands, Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits. My bet is that they freeze well.

DONNA FAYE You are quite welcome for that bookmark. Don't you just hate to have to buy tires but they are certainly a have to have. One thing I reall my father impressing on me was to always have good tires and a regular oil change schedule. Just a couple of those necessary things if we want to drive isn't it. That is a real good deal to buy 3 and get the 4th free. Our tires are so stinkin' expensive that last time we got them on sale which sure helped but the ones we get last us a long time for they have lots of tread. On big ticket items it is always good to find them on a discounted price. It is good that Jack is getting some money coming in that wasn't expected to buy your tires with so it doesn't eat into your budget. Wow, you already have your budget done for the next year. You are on the J-O-B. We are currently figuring what more money we can put in savings in the coming year for we are planning on buying a half a beef around March or April. When we move to Texas we can raise our own beef, poultry, and pork. Also grow as big of a veggie garden as we want. That's the plan for we have a place to go to do just that.

SUSAN back girlfriend It is so good to hear from you, but dear you didn't have to rub it in that your temp is in the 70's now did you? Better for you though to have those nice temps while you are recouping. How nice for you that you do get along with your friend so well. She is a peach. That is a lot of sitting when you aren't used to it but please don't over do as you heal. Do you take those once a week or yearly meds to strengthen your bones? I am on the monthly ones and they test my bone density yearly when I go for my checkup and perscription refill orders. I hope for you that the next 6 months goes by in a flash and you are walking again and have it all behind you. Be safe and let us know how you are doing. Please, easy goes it. You are quite welcome for that bookmark. I would love to have you come for a visit and see my village ~ but if you can't you might have to wait until I take a picture and post it when I have it all built.

Everyone have a lovely day this chilly December humpday. Type at y'all later.