Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Alaskan: I used to do that kind of stuff to my parents all the time. For instance, right before I get out of the car, I push a permission slip in front my parents' faces and go, "I have a field trip today and need your signature (or I forge their signature)." Aren't kids grand?

As for the present, today was not a good day for me food wise. I'm at a conference right now and they are providing breakfast and lunch and snacks at each break (which is like every 2 hours). I was doing great until I got to the evening's reception and loaded up on crackers, cheese, and artichoke dip (so good!). Also, I had to stand at my poster and wait for people to come up to me and ask me about it. Well, visitors were few and far between, so I mostly spent the time twiddling my thumbs AND returning for subsequent helpings of artichoke dip and crackers. I also had like 10 cans of Diet Coke/Coke Zero/Sprite Zero and ate a giant cookie that was nearly 500 calories. All in all, not a great day for my calorie count. BUT, I'll guess I'll try another day (James Bond reference).
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello Isabella, Rana, princess, think, K9O, alaskan, jo, geob and anyone I may have missed and the missing.
Feeling puffy like TOM, but it isn't. If still feeling this way on Sat, I will not torture myself by weighing in.

About 150 more cals yesterday than hoped, or planned; Never go to the shops just to buy one thing and have to wait a long time to check out and be tempted by handmade chocolates! ( the local chocolate shop has a mini display right by the cashiers!) Naughty them and me

Have a better day everyone.
forloveofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to report that the stupid scale finally went down to 162, I'm also back to my weight pre-travel (last week).

I hate the sodium in foods, it really sticks to me, for at least a week or so.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #64  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Princess: We have nursing seminars like this, where you walk around different stations and become re-educated in different procedures. They always have different finger foods at each one-popcorn, candy, etc. I despise going to them. better day tomorrow for you.

Rana: Sodium sticks to me like this too. It is evil too!
on getting back down to pre-travel weight.

LoveofSelf: Those chocolates, no doubt, were associated with Christmas Cheer! Extra Cardio is in your future!

AFM: I'm procrastinating going to sleep today for some reason. I'm going to hate this decision about 2a.m. I know I haven't posted my cals in a couple of days. It is really nothing to brag about. I love the holidays and the food associated with them. I also love Merlot (It doesn't have to be a holiday for this! )

Tuesday's Menu
Pizza, Peppermint Sipping Chocolate, Abner's Chicken Tenders and Fries, Cottage Cheese, & Garden Salad w/Tuna
Total Cals: 1500

My parents came down "to help decorate" We watched Jim Carey's version of A Christmas Carol!
The good thing was I ate 1 slice of pizza the size of a dinner roll--as a side, not as a meal.
The bad thing was I ate fries! It was only 1/2 order, but WHY? I hate fries! They were there. That is my only reasoning.

Wednesday's Menu
Started off great--ended NOT SO great!
Cottage Cheese, Pineapple, Zucchini Nut Bread, Pumpkin Spice Coffee, Chili 2 mom's, 1 Chicken Tender, 3/4 c So Delicious Chocolate, 16 oz Merlot!
Total Cals: ~2003

I was doing ok until the Merlot, BUT…….

So, yesterday, it snowed in the South!! BIG shock to me. 2nd time in a week!
I LOVE snow!!!
I took my babs to my parents to gather fresh cedar to make Christmas Cedar Wreaths for the house. My mom and I went walking in the forest across the street from her house. I pushed a 1-wheeled wheel barrow uphill in the snow about 1/2 mile and back. Not so easy when the snow is sticky and slush is sticking to the wheel, clogging it. My mom kept kicking the accumulated snow off the front so I could push it. I'm sure I was a sight! We had the BEST time. It was like a scene from a movie. I had my iPhone playing Christmas music!

So, I was there all day with my babs. River LOVES snow! Jax--the 15 yr old, uhm not so much!
When I returned home, I made 2 wreaths and while I was making them, I HAD to have Merlot. It's like eating oreos while drinking milk. it's just difficult to do one without the other! Same for me with holiday decorating. If it's snowy, cold, Christmas music strumming in the background, I'd like to have Merlot, please--the whole bottle if you can spare it.

I didn't run last night. I thought the 3 hour walk was sufficient. I also have to say, I have NOT felt like doing any exercise this week. I hate that! I have only done HIIT once this week--which is sad. I did get my Ultimate Press Dip Station in the mail yesterday, but b/c of the wreaths, it is still in the box!
I find it too cold to get excited about exercise. I also realize this is why I pack on a couple of pounds {{or ten}} every winter!

Last edited by K9Owner; 12-09-2011 at 07:40 AM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #65  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

hello everyone! at work for the afternoon...scale said 207 when i got home from the gym but i dont believe it...it lies to me...its stuck at 210 forever i think...it'll bounce back up today...did my usual interval jogging routine, ending with an incline walk, got the incline up to 14% for a few minutes so i'm pushing harder on that...

minor victory last night! reallyyyyy wanted chocolate ice cream last night AND i had to go to the store anyhow...but i listened to my body and figured out that what i wanted was COLD and CHOCOLATE...because i was thinking "donut? hot chocolate?" about what i really wanted...and in the end i didnt want to even get a tiny thing of ice cream, i chose a chocolate yogurt from the dairy section and took it home and ate it...it seemed to ward off the craving and i was glad i didnt get anything worse than that

its TOM this week and my legs were soooo achy but it was a TOM ache, not an overdoing it at gym ache...so i went to the gym today anyhow after a short morning snooze on the couch...last weekend i was SO SORE from the gym that i even dreamed that i couldnt do something because i was so sore and my legs wouldnt move, so i took the next day off...and the next night dreamed that i had an amazing workout so i guess my body was ready to get back at it LMAO! i am finding that i'm so stiff at night that it's hard to get up to go to the bathroom, but i dont notice that during the day...weird
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #66  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: If you have WalMart there (I think I remember you saying you did) get this product Village Naturals & soak your legs for 20-30 min in it. You'll love it! Glad your son is better
How is the Christmas baking coming along?
My mom is coming next week to bake all kinds of yummi treats! I can hardly wait.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #67  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i was able to do some baking last weekend....i made gingerbread cheesecake bites in cupcake tins...this weekend we are making christmas ornaments with my SIL's kids...during christmas break i will do cookie cutter cookies with the kids, which is a tradition, and probably a few other traditional sweets...im trying not to bake as much this year because i know i just eat alot of it too
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #68  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sorry to have been MIA.

Yesterday wasn't too great but today was much better

Thurs Dec 8
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= Olive Garden Salad, 1 breadstick, chicken & gnoochi soup
D= Olive Garden Chicken Florentine paninni {leftover from lunch}
S=3-4 pinwheel cookies
E= none

Right= didn't eat until I was hungry, didn't overeat at lunch

Regret= only planned 2 pinwheels but ate 4. I"m not going to beat myself up about it. I still have other choc squirrelled around the house that I didn't eat!

I've been so tired all day. I ended up taking a hour long nap this afternoon, I just couldn't stay awake any longer; I think my body thinks today is Friday.

Our Bible study is taking our Christmas break, we won't resume until Jan 5. I'm going to try to use the next four weeks to really concentrate on my eating and exercise.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-09-2011 at 10:40 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #69  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday
I have time for a few personals, but first to all of you, how on earth can you stand to have all those cookies around all the time? I don't usually crave cookies, but I know if I was hungry and they were there, watch out! I have to hand it to you all and your strength to resist!

PP, I was missing you and hoping all was well with you. Glad you will have some time to focus on yourself over the holidays!

Alaskan, I get a sore groin, inner leg sometimes with my PMS/TOM and it sucks. Hope it goes away soon! Also, I just have to say, with your busy life and all the extra stressors you have going on, you are doing great taking care of yourself and getting in what you can when you can.

K9, your greens cutting adventure sounds like it was fun, and good exercise! A win, win. Did I mention I love crafts, and then you added in the wine too, I was ready to book my plane flight right then! Course, you can have the dry red, save the sweet white for me okay?

Rana, glad you were able to get back to the pre travel weight, I know what a struggle that can be getting back to a low, both mentally and physically!

Forloveofself, that wasn't you that got tempted by the chocolates, that had TOM written all over it!

Isabelle, I will friend you today on MFP, I keep forgetting!
ThinkinThin5,

PrincessGina, I loved your one year ago story! I love that you are thinking about one year from now too, that is the key to the whole thing, it doesn't stop, ever!

Geoblewis, great one year story too, amazing that even your boots didn't fit!

Runningfromfat, I am so happy for you hitting the 160s, what an awesome feeling. I think the part that appalled me about your doctor, is that you have come so far and he just talked about what you still have to lose, which by the way is not a lot and why did he have to make it sound like you were obese or something? I am sure they see enough obese people in a day to know you are not one of them.

Have a great day everyone, make one good decision after another!

Last edited by jomatho; 12-11-2011 at 09:28 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #70  
Lifelong Alaskan!

good morning i was soooo tired this morning, ugh hard to get up at 630 and i am at work before 7...basically just get up, throw on something warm because the school doesnt turn on heat til after 7, warm up my car, start the coffee for DH, set out son's medicine so DH gives it to him, and then go to work...after the early morning shift is over, i need to head to the store, then pick up snacks for school before heading home...we serve snacks at our after-school program but staff has to pick the food up at another site and haul it over weekly...then i go home, get online for a bit, take puppy outside, and go to the gym...then it's back to work til 6 p.m.

DH leaves tomorrow morning for a funeral in his native village...his little nephew committed suicide on monday...and then on wednesday a close friend of his family also committed suicide...it's been a rough week for him and his family...im glad he gets to go for the funeral but that also means i have the kids by myself for 4 days lol

in case anyone doesnt know....i have a 14 year old boy who is ADHD and in the process of being evaluated for high-functioning autism or asperger's...i also have a 5 year old son who is up in the gifted and talented intelligence...and we just got a puppy lol
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone,
Jo
Quote:
...that wasn't you that got tempted by the chocolates, that had TOM written all over it!
he he

Alaskan, sorry for your husband's losses

Just wanted to pop in for a moment, Sorry I can't do more personals right now.
Stayed on plan and made up for my indiscretion Funny thing is, If they had had bagels or scones next to the chocolates, I probably would have chosen/be more tempted by one of those instead lol

I think my flab is tightening up a bit even though I may not be losing. I tried my "goal belt" and noticed at least a 1/8 to 1/4 inch diff in my favour, so only 1.25 inches to first goal as far as clothing is concerned, maybe more after the puffy feeling is gone. Still no plans to weigh in tomorrow.

I may not be able to check in tomorrow nor Sunday, So wishing everyone a great wkend!
forloveofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #72  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: WoW! I don't know that I could have your schedule. I know I wouldn't want it that's for sure. You have a lot on your plate. One day at a time, right?? So sorry to hear about all of the deaths for your DH, that has to be a difficult situation for him. Suicide is such a terrible circumstance.

Jo: Glad to see your face around. I haven't started baking cookies yet, but when i do, I know I will eat some. I have to get out of this funky party I'm having b/c I am not getting back into the 150's UGH! Just the thought of that makes me cringe. The Merlot I drink is Beringer's White Merlot. Not too sweet, not too dry. It's kind of a mix of the 2. Try it, you might like it

PP: Missed your posts over the past few days. I haven't been to Olive Garden in forever. I used to love to go there and fill up on bread and salad. Good luck to you on the next 4 weeks. You can do it

AFM: It's work again tonight, but only for an 8 hr shift, not 12
I am up 1.4 today, but I expected it after I slacked this past week and did NOT do BodyRock, nor did I run as much. I had a couple of times, fries, and chicken tenders a couple of times. I cannot get back into old eating/exercising habits just because it's cold. I do NOT want to see 150 on my scale. What a slap in the face to me

I hope you all have a great weekend doing everything you love this time of year. I'm not sure what I'm doing after I get off of work. I have no special plans for the weekend, but that will surely change!

Oh, BTW, for those interested... I downloaded Mozilla on my Mac and started using it to load 3FC and OMG! What a difference! No more lag, no more waiting to load pages. It's FABULOUS again!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #73  
Lifelong Alaskan!

hi all did my normal routine today of work, shopping, more work, home, gym etc...am at work still til 6 p.m. but we only have about 15 students this afternoon which is a low number...forgot that i also have to pick up older son from a teen thing that closes at 6, when i am here til 6, LOL so i have to hustle over there then...had a good workout this morning, the two minute intervals are getting easier, well not easier, but at least manageable and not "omg im gonna die" intervals

good choices this morning for food so i was proud of that...wanted something salty and hot and melty and instead of pizza or something equally high in calories, i sauteed up some hamburger and cabbage and ate it with a little cheese and bbq sauce...it hit the spot and was probably healthier than my other options...i even brought some sliced red cabbage to work to dip in ranch dressing for later...i reallyyy love red cabbage...well time to get back to the kids
Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #74  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Friday Dec 9
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
S= fruit
D=Sloppy Joe Pizza = leftover sloppy joe sauce, cabbage, corn, ched + moz cheese {not a big success, I make pizza every Friday out of leftovers and always feel very Iron Chef while trying to make it work}
S=Cereal
E= 40min LB + 10min yoga

Right= exercised, waited for hunger, shared cereal with April

Regret= skipped lunch, wanted to do some more cardio but didn't.

Alaskan, your meal sounds very good. I'm a sucker for chees-y foods too. I feel you have a right to be tired with all that going on in your life.

Deb, good job with the NSV with your belt. Celebrate every bit of progress!

Jo, according to my Mom, my first word was "mama' while my second word was 'cookie', put together they make my first sentence. "mama, cookie?" You can see when this love affair with cookies started!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-09-2011 at 10:48 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #75  
~Krystal~

Hi all

I've had a great 2 nights at work--a little busy, but not overpowering.
I am tired this morning and promise to come back later today for personals--uhm, after my nap

Happi Saturday!! Wrap a for me!!