3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #106
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/156/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

good morning! sunny but cold (14) here but still so psyched at how little we snow we have had.

Had an off-program dinner and dessert last night, my first slip up in over 3 weeks but I won't beat myself up too much.

Reda, you are so busy, you are dealing with possible more stores right?

we watched all of True Blood..now we're watching The Walking Dead...I think AMC and HBO have some great stuff on.

well i gotta work out and pack my lunch, have a great day!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #107
Biker Chick!

Just gotta say that I had a perfect on-program day yesterday, very good after my small slipup the day before.

here is what I am dealing with at the store this week (President's Week, our last big holiday week for the season) - I'm struggling to keep from getting arrested from freaking out at the crush of impatient, rude, obnoxious, entitled-acting tourists!!

Who barters on the price of items in a retail store, for cryin out loud? They walk in the door and immediately interrupt me while I'm in the middle of a transaction to bark "You got bacon here?!" They wait til I step away from the counter to help someone else and then rush for the counter and say loudly, I'm ready!" A lady announces to me, "ExCUSE me, but there's no soup ladle here." I walked over, looked in the bin, and said, "there's no soup in there" (it was just the hot water bath)

But I did not take my irritation out on myself by eating a 400 calorie cookie! Kept myself full with my lunch that I packed and kept chugging my water.

spring is coming, spring is coming

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #108

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Spring is coming - oh yes it is coming

Great Job Holly - You are doing much better than me- still haven't made it back to the gym and my eating well way off at supper time- I do have to say I am maintaining though- so I know once I get my butt back in gear I will be on losing streak again- we are going out of town this weekend and will have buffet (an around the world buffet) it is very good- do a little gambling and more than likely have a few beers

Hope everyone else is doing good!!!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #109
Biker Chick!

Well I guess Reda is out of town this weekend, have fun, girl!

We got an inch of snow but boy was it slippery on the way home. More snow expected tonight and tomorrow, ugh. But we've been really lucky this winter, hardly any snow.

I am psyched I am down almost 8 pounds from starting South Beach almost 4 weeks ago. I don't know how I have been resisting the stuff at work. Yesterday...I literally had my fingers reaching towards a hunk of this cake, it's called Lemon Berry Mascarpone Cake, and I wanted it so bad!!! but I didn't!! I wanted everything there that was sweet and cakey..so that kinda throws the theory of 'kicking' the cravings..but at least I did resist!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #110
Biker Chick!

good morning! we got DUMPED on with snow. About a foot total. It's very beautiful out now with the sun shining on all that fresh whiteness but grrr. I slid off the road on teh way to work yesterday but thank goodness into the other side of the road, into deep snow, instead of the right side, where there is the enbankment and trees!! Husband and son came and rescued me

Just another day of work with the hundreds and hundreds of tourists, ugh. It's gotta end sometime!

Still doing so good on my diet!! Did get a nice comp from a co-worker yesterday. She hadn't seen me in a week, and I was still wearing kinda baggy jeans then. Yesterday I had on a pair of 9's that were too snug maybe but she exclaims "did you lose like 20 pounds in a week?!"

Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #111

S/C/G: 275H/159/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

You all are doing so well on your diet. I have to "re start" tomorrow.... and stay with it like the "Wedding bet"..... cause I only have about 6 weeks until the big PD physical. Just a little hint on how bad my eating was.... we went to Tunica Mississippi to Paula Deen's buffet....... So, needless to say, the personal trainer I hired last week to help me with the physical is going to be UNHAPPY!!! Lol. Oh well, I will get back on it.

So.... I have a biker chick hair question...... (sorry Aaron). So, a few weeks ago I took a wild hair and got what I thought was going to be the best haircut ever..... but instead I end up looking like Joe Dirt with a mullett..... I cannot get a decent pony tail...... so how in this green earth do I put it up for riding season. I tried to put it up yesterday...... and it was a mess!!! I used to have really thick hair and now I cannot even get a good ponytail. Any help would be appreciated.

Holly, sounds like the dreaded winter job is almost over!!! Yay!
Reda, gosh, did you know you were going to be making so many decisions when you took this position?
Tymaboy, I can't believe it has been a year since you started IBM.... I know I have not been on here much but I can't believe it has been this long.
Tammy
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #112
Biker Chick!

Tammy - hi!! I wish I knew what to say about your hair..so when you try to gather it for a ponytail, it has so many layers in front that you end up with a skimpy pony tail and lots of hair in front?

the winter job...once it's March, then I start counting the days!! because I will be out of there around the middle of the month!! so only about a month and a half to go then I get almost 3 weeks off then my fave job in the world!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #113

It is kinda like that.... It has to be pinned to even get it "back" or it looks like 2 separate hair cuts.... kinda like a bob on the top and then long on the bottom. If it helps... she razor cut it and took all of the "bulk" ponytail off.... it is horrible!!! I tried using the "do rag" yesterday with a ponytail.... but as soon as the helmet it off, I have to take it down..... b/c it has fallen so much.

Cutting is not an option as the DH likes the "length".... my plan is just to suffer through it and let it grow again.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #114

S/C/G: 148/127/120

Height: 5'2

I like using those double hair combs when I ride. http://www.google.com/search?q=doubl... 1024&bih=672

They seem to lay flat on my head for when I wear a helmet. Then I tie the rest back in a ponytail ( put the tie at the nape of my my neck) if I wear a barrete or try a partial ponytail it hurts my head while wearing my helmit. I have tried other hair gadgets but this seems to work best for me.

I have not hoped on scale as I am afraid. I have been eating lot of bad stuff along with drinking alot as well. This week I have gone out with friends every nite that I have been off, drank & ate bad stuff. I have tomorow off as well (it was my short week so I had 4 days off) I will be going shooting with dh then probably out for dinner. Today I went out to have a pitcher of beer & it ended up being 3 & a shot. Went home 4 hours later. All the time I was munching on chips to help soak up the beer so I wasn't totally tipsy when I went home.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #115

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default hair

I have thin, fine, whimpy hair...no length for a ponytail. I CAN manage to get some into a band though. Then when taking off a helmet or bandanna, clip on a fake ponytail!! Haha--cheating I know! Got one from Avon for like $20. Works pretty good.

Grandbaby is for sure a boy, and is suspected to come earlier than the March 29th due date. (of course it is--DH and I took off work then!)

Mom is due to have heart surgery next Monday. She seems pretty worried about it. She has very little circulation on the right side of her body.

Got a little snow here--about 4" or so, but is mostly melted off already! I'm ready for Spring anyway. I'm trying to get a couple of DH's good friends (couples) to go on a long weekend ride. They are so busy--still with kids in school. I don't care when or even where, but I do want them to decide so it doesn't get pushed to the side like in years past. Going alone is fine, but we always seem to have more fun when there is others along. Same with camping.

I think I'm going to have to disable the computer for the evenings. I'm getting to be quite the Facebook junkie! Games! They are a huge downfall--I don't get anything done but play silly games. Can't be good for me on any level! There is probably somehting a little more constructive that I could be doing. I'm hearing the broom and mop call my name right now!

DS is doing good at his job--sold 8 cars last month and 9 this month. He's pretty happy. DD has been at her job for a year now, working with a bunch of "educated" engineers. She's gonna "EDUCATE" them if they don't play nice and give her some credit for the work she does! DH is ticked at the unfairness at his work. The more you do (or faster you go), the more crap loads you get when driving truck seems to be the motto! For me, the job ends July 31st. New agent appointed, but no plans, in concrete, to keep us on. Any job could be better than unemployment...wait and see.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.

Last edited by 2times2much : 02-28-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #116

S/C/G: 270/ 270 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi gals I am still here. We have been painting the bathrooms for the last few weeks. I hope to crack down on my diet soon. We might get 6-15 inches of snow in this snow storm,our first this year.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #117
Biker Chick!

hey Aaron! good to hear from you. Yeah, Old Man Winter was lulling us along too, with hardly any snow...then a big dump last week, and another one tonight/tomorrow.

Colleen!! great to see you thanks for the updates on everything. I hope you do get to convince those friends/couples to commit to some rides with you this year. Oh, I spend SO much time on the computer in the evenings!! Hours. My house would be immaculate if i spent the time cleaning!

Hi Dawn, I hope the scale is kind to you when you do hop on

Tammy, I am sorry the hair is not cooperating!

Well I had an early morning dental cleaning, then errands, now home, to hunker down and wait for the next snowstorm. Have tomorrow off too, so I can spend the day shoveling

Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #118

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Doctoring...

Went to the Doc to go over the lab tests from last time, and to let him know the antibiotics from before helped, but it's BACK! Stronger antibiotics will hopefully get rid of chest congestion and bronchitis crappiness. He told me lots of stuff I already knew...weight, cholesterol, exercise. I'm sure he figures that IF I knew that stuff, MAYBE I would be DOING something about it. I really hate skinny doctors!

Aaron, I hope all the snow stays in your end of Wisconsin, not ours! Hehe! Painting the bathrooms would have been a good thing to do in the middle of a snow storm!

Hope all is good with the whole bunch of you. Happy leap year!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #119

Thanks for the hair tips... I am going to give it a try.

I feel really guilty when I say this.... but it is mid 70s and after my 2pm coffee I am going to take a small ride on Ms. Dyna. I shined her up last night (instead of going to the gym) and I am going to take her for a mental wellness ride.... all by myself. See if I can clear some of the funk out of my head.

After all this time.... I still cannot do a push up and I have SIX weeks until testing. The personal trainer I got is a dweeb..... I bet he is no older than my oldest son and he has the personality of a snail and a rock combined. I don't want to be his friend..... but I guess I expect a little more. I have 5 more weeks with him

Colleen, I hate you are gonna lose your job. Are you thinking of going into insurance again? And, I can totally relate to the computer addiction, except mine is Dr. Oz..... I "have" to watch it daily..... like an addiction. It is crazy. So, today I am gonna take a bike ride instead.

Holly, how much longer until your favorite job?

Aaron, I am in the planning stages of my bathroom remodel.... wanna come paint... I promise no snow! Lol.

Reda, I know you are busy... how are the deals at work going (if you can discuss).

Tymaboy, I can relate to the bad eating.... but I have to crack down now... I only have 6 weeks for this agility test.... and it is make it or break it.

Well, I need to get off here, finish my AM coffee (at 2 in the afternoon) and get on my bike.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #120
Biker Chick!

Oh Tammy that is soooo great that you got to ride today!!! I hope it was wonderful and what did you do with your hair

I was at your description of your 'trainer', too bad you can't get another one? I know in during 30 Day Shred, J. really has us doing lots of upper body work, maybe that would help with the push-ups? Or doing planks?

It has been snowing ALL FREAKIN DAY. I shoveled for an hour, then gave up. DS got home a little while ago and finished it off; he said there was only another inch on top of what I had cleared; but the top of the driveway is where it gets heavy and slushy from what the state plow pushes by.

Today would have been a good day for me to do the food donation I promised for our Town Meeting Day, next Tuesday. BUt I honestly cannot trust myself to make cookies without bingeing on them. So I will make something more 'main dish-y' to contribute, probably Monday night.

I am going to try to use as motivation, to think of all the rally-type clothes I have buried in the closet. Lady cop outfit, fishnet tops, a gorgeous lace up corset that DH got me (actually he gets me ALL this stuff) but I've never worn yet. Or even to think of little cap-sleeved tee shirts. Motivation, motivation

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.