3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #61

S/C/G: 148/127/120

Height: 5'2

Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing. Tammy good to see you back. Yes DH are being very level headed about the "D" We are trying to get everything figured out before we file & have pretty much decided to wait to have everything final by June. That id=s when DS graduates & leaves for boot camp so w/ health & carinsureance w think it will save us some extra work in the long run. Plus the car is in DH name so instead of transfering the title over to DS then selling the car come June We will just leave things as they are for now.

Since the cold weather has hit I have noticed that I am eating much more & more bad for me foods the last 1-2 months. Ive been afraid that I will gain alot of weight this winter but was plesantly surpriced when I hoped on the scale the other day & saw that I was at 127. Ive also been drinking much more then I had when I was at the house which is extra calories & carbs but apparently so far I must be doing something right. Last Tuesday I messed up. I went out after work to celibrate my Team Leads Bday but I did not have time during the day to eat like I should have & I did not eat before strating to drink. Boy did I pay for it on Wednesday. Good thing my Team lead can give the ok to work from home cuz my head was killing me & not eating like I should threw my blood levels off. It took to around 1-2 in the afternoon to get everything back to semi normal. From what I heard from others at work he didnt look so hot at work himself on Wednesday either, but we had a good time. I will just make sure next time I do not need to work the following day.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #62
Just for today......

S/C/G: 275H/182/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Tymaboy, just thought I would mention that you are going through A LOT of stress right now.... even if this is a friendly parting in a marriage...... so that maybe where the carb cravings are coming from. Just an idea.... and maybe until some of the dust settles just a bit it would be best to just hold the # you are at. From personal experience when I worry so much about not gaining it sends me into a tail spin.... and I end up gaining more. So, the best (for me) is to try to hold steady for a bit. But, in reading, it seems you are handling all the "poo" life is throwing at you relatively well and with grace.

Holly, Thanks for the welcome back. I have missed you all. So, did you rent Harley's in Arizona? I bet it was a nice trip.... except for the other, I will IM you about that.

My son does have a gf that has influenced his thoughts.... there are others as well (including my neighbors), but I guess that is water under the bridge b/c he is living on his own. It does break my heart, but it was his choice to leave.

I will have to make this a short post. I have house work to do and this seems to be my only "free" day until I am COMPLETELY done at the doctor's office.

I hope everyone is well!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #63
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Hello chicks Dawn, sure hope your blood levels went back to where they should be! too bad you had to pay for a good time. And wow your weight is low, low, low!!!

Tammy, yes we rented the Harleys while in AZ. DH arranged it all ahead of time. We even thought to ship our heavy stuff, leather jackets and my chaps, and all my neckwarmers, etc. ahead of time to the dealer, he accepted the box and kept it for us. So that we wouldn't have to check all those bags with the airline.

I decided to go on the South Beach diet. I really need structure, I can't 'wing it' on my own. I've had 5 days completely on program with their Phase 1! Wish me continued will power

a couple pics from our trip! I could see myself living there 6 months out of every year, when it's yucky in Vermont!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #64
Biker Chick!

hey! according to my intel, I think today is Reda's birthday! If it is..how smart a chick she is, to plan to be on vacay somewhere WARM and SUNNY and by the ocean, for her birthday!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #65

S/C/G: 270/ 230 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals. Holly how much did they charge you to rent your bikes per day. That looks like so much fun.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #66
Biker Chick!

Aaron - the charge was $125 per day, per bike. We paid a little extra for the unlimited mileage. It would have been a less $ but we didn't want to be limited to just 100 miles a day. We ended up with a total of about 600 miles per bike for the 3 days, so that was a good decision.

The rates differed for the different models of bikes, Joe's Road King was a little more than my Heritage Softail Classic. You also had to put down a $2000 deposit per bike, which of course was refunded when you brought them back, and they were checked over for damage (thank goodness, they found no scratches, dings or dents when we brought them back, I was afraid of chips from the road scratching them)

You also pay for insurance covereage on them; I checked with our own moto insurance company before doing this, and they also said to take out the insurance with the rental place.

It was a very good experience renting them. The dealer accepted our shipped box of riding gear and kept it in his office. The bikes were super nice, they only rent bikes that have less than 5000 miles on them, so they were in superior condition (maybe that's why I had such a hard time finding Neutral on mine, gears were too tight, lol)

The Heritage must be set up so similar to my bike, because I was instantly comfortable. Well the bars were different, but they were comfy for me.

Hey remember when I fell on my arm and almost broke it before Christmas? I was so worried that i would have pain on this trip. well the first day it did hurt alot when I would pull in the clutch. So badly I would dread slowing down or speeding up. The next day we bought an Ace bandage and wrapped it. That helped..but I hated the tight feeling of it. Ditched the bandage the next day, and each day was better.

It actually is better overall now. I had been super-babying it for weeks, because it was painful to use. But maybe forcing it to work some was good for it?? Yesterday I tried to do a pushup . I hadn't been able to even think of doing that the week before. But I can support *some* weight on it. Or maybe it was just taking all this time to heal.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #67
Just for today......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REDA!!!!!! I can't get my smiles right now.... I think it is b/c I was gone so long? I hope you have a great sun filled Bday!

Oh Holly..... I am still behind on news, I did not know you fell. If it makes you feel any better..... when I have not ridden much (i.e. the first of spring) my gears are always tighter. I am not sure if it is a Harley thing or what, but my Honda never did that. So, it may have been a combination of both.

Now for a "feel good" story for Holly. Remember your dumpster diving incident years ago? Well, a girl at work was looking at in inversion table and she said she could never do a sit up at her age (34) like they showed on the table.... and she did not see anyone else doing it. I was like, "well, as a matter of fact I know a biker chick in her late 40s that did one.... UNASSISTED". I told her the story. Everyone got a hoot out of it. And you got a bunch of admiration from girls that dont know you or ride. Lol. The comment was made that it was cool that you are not a "fitness guru" and you can still do it!!!!!! I just thought you would find that funny. And when you are getting down in the dumps about "stuff" remember YOU did that!

I am going to start the "controversial" sunbed today for a couple reasons.... one is I think I am having the "3rd shift syndrome".... little to no natural sunlight "blahs"... SAD.... and I read somewhere it may help with stomach issues..... so I am going to get my UBER white self in the sunbed for a few minutes and just work myself up...... I will probably never tan as much as I used to ...... but I have to do something. I am starting to crave vampire movies.... Just Kidding.....

I am going to get going. It is my "morning" (2pm) and I need to hit the sunbed before kids get out of school and get to the track to run and get to WM. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
Biker Chick!

Tammy - lol, I remember you were always so impressed when I told of the dumpster diving incident and that you would remind me of it when I was feeling uninspired..that is too funny that those people know of that now! I need to find an abandoned dumpster and see if I can still do it Or I guess I could hang off the bed and try it, that sounds a little more comfy.

I say, if you feel you need to indoor tan, you should. I'm sure I already spoke of it here, but I used to either slather my face and neck with SPF 50 and tan, or lightly drape a towel/shirt over my face while I tanned. As I felt I could use makeup/bronzer for my face, and not contribute to wrinkles. Whatever you feel I know I am craving warmth and at least some artificial sun at this point!

We were at our monthly motorcycle meeting last night. I had to 'run' it as our Prez was sick and I'm vice pres. I took special glee in asking a pointed question that made a couple people squirm..they had been saying that the food my DH and I made for the Raffle last year was 'off' and people had complained to them. Um, why didn't the people tell US, and why did they talk about it behind our backs. The squirming people frantically backpedaled and said it wasn't our fault, it was 'the quality of the food'. Man, it always kills me, when you are doing a project, and get no help from some people, yet they are the first to find fault. But i guess in any organization, there are always one or two complainers/critique-ers who don't help.

I have a new exercise dvd I really , really like . It's called anni's Life Force, it's 50 minutes of cardio moves that you can rev up or down depending on light weights, using a step, or just your energy mode.

Lightly snowing here...gray..cold..ugh. Even if we got 6 more weeks of winter up here, that would be a WIN! because usually the snow hangs around til mid April.

Today will be my 7th day on South Beach, with NO cheats. I am trying very hard to resist getting on the scale until the first 2 weeks are done.

well I need to workout, do laundry, pay bills, all the things I didn't do yesterday

Last edited by VermontMom : 02-02-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #69
Biker Chick!

Oh and Tammy I have been having good luck with some skin coloring creams, I love L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze, except it does leave thousands of tiny glitter/shimmers...maybe not what a professional woman wants. but it smells heavenly and just feels so good going on. Also Jergens Natural Glow daily moisturizer. ( I am uber-white also )

Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #70

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Hi,
Saw the biker chicky site and thought I would stop in. I am on the Ideal Protein diet and doing good. I started in Jan 10th. I ride a Soft Tail Heritage and my fiance' rides a '12 street glide. We ride as much as the weather lets us. Been on the bikes at least once a month all winter. Not to day that we didn't freeze, but it was worth it. Hitting Sturgis again, the west coast and lots of weekend rides this year. Vermontmom, where did you go in AZ? We are headed to Payson in May to by a house. Vacation house until DF retires.
wyo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #71
Biker Chick!

Hey Wyo, HI and ! that's great that you've been able to ride every month.

We started out in Phoenix, went a little north, then did a circle (circled east, then south) and then back to Phoenix, 'cause we only had 3 days and had to try to find the most sun/warmth.

congrats on getting a vacation house, then a retirement house in AZ!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #72
Just for today......

Welcome Wyo!!!!!

Although I have not been on here much and I certainly have not ridden much in the last 16 months (I jumped plum stupid and took on 2 full time jobs).... I ride a 09 Dyna Superglide and my DH rides a 09 Ultra Classic (I think, I can never get his right). However, I do plan to ride more this year as one of the jobs is ending.

Holly, I know you can do the SB diet..... and just think how much more cut you will look this riding season! You already look fab..... just making yourself shine a little more. :-). Btw, thanks for the facical advise, I will try some.

Also, that makes me SOOOOO mad about the ppl complaining. I know how much work you and DH put into things.... and for someone to gripe like that behind your back is TOTALLY uncalled for!!!!! I am glad you made them squirm a little though. Serves them right.

Well, the official date for the PD testing came out yesterday.... so, the eager beaver in me will be turning it in tonight when I go to work. The testing date is April 14......I have A LOT of reshaping to do..... but I am determined to get it done.

Speaking of, it is time for me to start my routine. I am going to run at the track (it is BEAUTIFUL outside) and do my other things I need to do... since here in "3rd shift world" it is my morning.

I will gab more later.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #73
Biker Chick!

wyo - I rented a Heritage Softail classic while in AZ, it was a pleasure to ride!!

Tammy - is the PD testing both written and physical? and Yay to you for running...and being able to do it outside!!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #74

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello - I am back from vacation!!! what a great time

wyo - well I ride 2010 Roadking and DH 2010 Ultra as well- love riding and been riding for 13 years legally -

I will catch up later tonight but off to work I go
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #75
Biker Chick!

WELCOME BACK REDA!

can't wait to hear about your trip!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.