3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #436

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh Holly that does suck when you are so excited and worked so hard for something and then boom it doesn't look right or fit right!!!! We kind of did the same thing when we were remolding a couple of years and thought I was going to get a love seat and 2 recliners along the long wall - well it didn't happen either and took up another wall that I was going to use for somethind else but after 2 years now I am use to it and it looks good- well that is until tonight, now that I am thinking about it again.......

Good luck at the radio station tomorrow - I know you will do an awesome job!

Oh no Christmas around my house yet either- my living room is very small as well but I always made a big tree fit when the kids were home but now that they really are not around that much a couple years ago I went to a little 3 footer that I put on my end table in front of window so that it looks big....... noone knows how small it is until they come in the house- but next year I guess I will have to go back to the big tree because karly will be old enough to enjoy it
maybe this weekend I will put it up- who knows

Hi Dawn, Colleen, Aaron and Tammy (hope you got some much needed rest)
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #437
Just for today......

S/C/G: 275H/170/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I passed!!!!!! Barely... But I did.

Holly, I am so sorry about your couch.. But thank u for the laugh and I bet Eddie is very thankful for the new bed. I too can relate to afug ugly couch..I don't have it now.... But I have been there. I also have a tiny living room....it is an issue-- but like u pointed out Holly... At least we have homes and jobs... And one way to think about it--- we just "hang out" until riding season again.

And to be just like one of the girls......I have no tree.... Nor do I plan to put one up...we are Hoping Christmas passes us by... Due to the loss in the MIL (it was her time of year)...and we don't have kiddos.

Well I hope everyone else is good.... I will gab more later
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #438
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

thank you girls for the commiseration and sympathy on my fug-ugly couch!

great thought..I am just 'hanging out til riding season'!

*edit. Today (thursday) i did some full force baking, and haven't tasted anything yet! (but yesterday, I did, so I am not a complete hero, lol)

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

Last edited by VermontMom : 12-13-2012 at 04:50 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #439

Great Job Holly- who the heck can do any baking without some sampling??? Sure NOT me!

Well I got the tree up and now tonight if I get off the computer I should do some wrapping.... even thought I just really feel like going to bed

Been pretty quite on here but it is a busy holiday season -

Hope everyone is having a great week
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #440

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Hi all. I'm snowed in with a blizzard in our area. DH is stuck (literally stuck in the snow) in MI in the semi. So he's not a joy to chat with right now!

Sorry to hear about the "fug-ugly" couch Holly! No doubt you'll get something figured out! Lots of Christmas baking going on there huh? Thought I might do a little of that today while I'm stranded!

Had to laugh at Reda too...the top of the tree showing out the window so no one knows it's not a big one! LOL. Sounds like you've been busy at the gym!

I bet that is tough Tammy. I also bet your MIL would like your family to go on as normal, especially because it's Christmas! I do hope that things cheer up for you soon.

Aaron and Dawn, hope you're doing okay this holiday season.

Take care everyone! I know the world is supposed to be coming to an end this week, but I will check in next week from somewhere!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #441

Colleen - you defiantly got more snow than we did- we only got like 4 inches but hey I got a snow day today as well- so kept the granddaughter adn cleaned up the house and wrapped some more presents- no gym today but I will be going tomorrow for sure.......

Just can't really believe Christmas is only 4 days away

oh and Colleen after your snow storm I bet you are wishing you were back in Hawaii I know I do, this 10 and below weather just sucks!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #442
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks!! haven't been on and I know you're all busy too. Colleen hope you're all dug out by now! we've had a little snow, then we had pouring rain 2 days ago; now more snow. At least it looks pretty.

Been keeping up with exercise, got a new Annie Mair's dvd, Fierce Force and OMG it is fierce. But this woman Annie (the instructor) must be in her 50's and she is in such fantastic shape, lean and sculpted and healthy. BUT I've also been eating cookies (mine, yeah they're good ) daily. If I am not gaining it would be a miracle. But the exercise is keeping me going strong literally. This new workout makes my core feel like steel!

I'm getting used to the fug-ugly couch and focusing on enjoying the prettied-up parts of the living room. I will actually be HAPPY to have someone over! (instead of dreading or even making sure it doesn't occur)

I have to work today, and tomorrow, then off on Christmas day and the 26th.
Then it is the KILLER 7 days at work, the test of ruthless retail, lol. Well I've got my core of steel under my little layer of fat to keep me going

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #443
Biker Chick!

Hey friends..well the good news is that I am truly happy with how our living room looks as opposed to YEARS of hating it, and that our son and gf are back in Vermont...bad news is that they will spend about 2 HOUrS with us tonight the rest of the time at the girlfriend's family. That's only 2 1/2 hours tonight and not at all tomorrow. I said good bye to him cheerfully on the phone when he called last night, then just dissolved in tears. This is the first Christmas I have truly enjoyed in forever, and it was all due to doing things for their visit. I just can't believe how unfair this is. I even gave up my exercise time yesterday morning to do more decorating outside, thinking that it would make their entrance more enjoyable. Made more freaking cookies the other night because I thought the son would like it. Everything was done with their visit in mind.

Last edited by VermontMom : 12-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #444

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Merry Christmas to you all!

Holly, that was nice of you to be so thoughtful of your son and his GF. I do hope that they are able to see you for longer. We all know what it's like to be taken for granted. Keep in mind that you WILL feel like you have done all that you could to make the visit the best possible. And you and DH are able to enjoy all of your efforts too!

We did get dug out from the massive snowfall.

Hope you all are able to enjoy your family this holiday season.

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #445
Biker Chick!

well it was a Merry Christmas after all!! during the day they must have realized that things were not equitable SO they came to our house at 4:30 pm and are spending the night!! we visited, ate dinner, watched A Christmas Story, ate too many of my cookies watched an hour and a half of videos of younger son from 16 months to 4 years old which was precious! then gifts. I'm very happy what a change from this morning!!

I can only wish that everyone else has / had a nice time as we did!

PS the diet HAS to start soon!! but not today or tomorrow, lol

Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #446
Just for today......

Merry Christmas!!!! I hope Santa was good to you all.

Holly, I feel your pain w the son not staying long... I guess it's the down side of having boys. My DS 1 is at his gf house now... And I am missing her opening the promise ring. DS2 still lives w my neighbor and has little to do w me.. Unless aim buying something for him. But I am glad u got extra time w them.... Sounds like I had a blast.

Enough on that ... I guess it's just part of having boys.

Santa was very good to me I got the entire Diamond bar set for my bike :-). I also got a sweet leather Harley coat. I think it was just a ploy to get his back. Lol
Also, my DH made my oldest sons old room into a walk in closet!!! I love it! Since MIL passed away we have made her house into "guest house" Nothing fancy... But it's good to have a separate space.

Holly I am w u..... I have to diet seriously!!!! My new coat is tight... But I don't want to go into my 40sdieting... So I have to buckle down.

I have rambled enough.... I need to finish cooking. I hope u all have a great day!!!

On a sappy note... I am thankful for my biker chicks (and dude) friendships!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #447
Just for today......

Default Need Diet Help!!!!!

Ok ladies..... I have a bit of a problem awhile.

I am gaining weight pretty quickly.... and I have gained almost half of what I originally lost back.... so I know now is the time to stop it. I will be 40 in July so I want to do this.... but here is my dilemma.

I like WW and the concepts of it... but I have paid so much to lose weight in the past.... and the whole "counting thing" is hard for me to do.... even counting calories.

The clean eating "allures me" BUT..... here is the deal.... I am in the south and where I live it is not really practical to eat like they advocate. I can do without sugar..... but some of the ingredients are just hard to get my hands on..... I am just sooo confused. I know I need to do a healthier/low carb overahaul, I am just sooo confused on what to do.

Btw, I was going to post a thread on this.... but it has been so long since I started a thread, I don't remember how.... can anyone help?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #448

Merry Christmas!!!!

Ya it must by boys..... even though I can say that after they both got done at girlfriends house they met up with us- There is actually 3 of us couples that had nothing going on last night so we all met up at our local Eagles Club- then our boys showed up, another couples 2 children showed up - my sister and her husband and kids, it ended up being a great night
Both my boys showed up this morning with girlfriends and of course Karly to open gifts before going to girlfriends for lunch- it was very nice but DS1
is on the fire crew and EMT crew and forturnatly there was a classmate of mine that was having a standoff with the police than ended with him shooting himself- I would have never thought - but he just found out wife was cheating on him and all- Sad Christmas day and a few small children

Tammy - I hear ya about the money involvement- I as well need to get something figured out and soon- I have still been going to the gym but my eating is less than desired- score on the new coat and the extra bling for your bike!!!!!

Holly so glad to hear that your DS and GF stayed the night and you got to enjoy the company and reminense about the good ole days

Well I pulled my extended bags out today dinking around with how I am going to bling them out - ended up getting frustrated until I figure something out....

Colleen, Dawn and Aaron hope your Holidays are going Great
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #449
Just for today......

Ok, I got the thread thing down.....
I hope you all are having a good day.... I am enjoying the first work SNOW DAY in a very long time!!!! After working two full time jobs.... I am loving being home alone on a work day.... just me and the dogs hanging out.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #450
Biker Chick!

Tammy enjoy your snow day!! (I think we will be getting 'your' snow starting tonight thru Friday am, ugh) I am also just hanging with the dog today in a nice clean living room.

Tammy, oh I feel your frustration at not knowing 'what to do'. I have gained a bit and can see it/feel it in my tummy which used to be a non-problem spot for me. Have you done South Beach ? it is what I followed last year from late Jan. to April to lose about 12 pounds. And I gained them all back as of now but because I've been eating whatever I want.

Reda, oh that is so sad about the person shooting himself and leaving family!! good luck with figuring how to bling your bags, I know you'll come up with something fab!

Hi Dawn, Colleen and Aaron!

I didn't get anything bike related for Christmas but that is OK. I peeked at my bike in the garage last week, I don't do that much during the winter cause it usually just makes me yearn. But she is as shiny red as ever, just waiting for April!

We somehow got dangerously low in our bank account so I need to put my bonus in there (my boss, yes the awful winter one, gave me TWICE the bonus I usually get, in cash, wow!)

So my newest DVD is the Annie Mair's Fierce Force, OMG, I thought her previous Cardio force was hard...now the Cardio Force seems easy compared to this new one. I do have to modify alot of it, if I try to plyometrics I am afraid for my knees. AND I got a Kelly Coffy-someone new dvd that I have to do.

have a good day !

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.