Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

You're on Page 25 of 34
Go to
  • Congratulations on the new bike Tammy!

Dawn, you look very happy!

Holly, glad you get a break before the winter job! Enjoy!

Hi Aaron.

Reda, any news on the City job?

I have an interview tomorrow! Got some clothes that fit. I'm hopeful...it's for a Personal Banker.

I've been off for a month now. Seems that I have been very busy during that time! I was wondering when I ever found time to work too!

Still more riding time for you all? We are camping this weekend. Glad there is a furnace in the camper!!
  • Tammy - CONGRATS!! that is super!!

Colleen, best wishes on the interview!

Dawn, those are great pics! and yes you look very happy together.

Hi Aaron

Hey Reda

Colleen, I took my bike out for an hour yesterday, just in defiance of the High Wind Advisory, because it was almost 60 degrees and mild and nice!! We are getting alot of rain now from Sandy. I was all prepared to lose power and we did not, though about 30,000 southern Vermonters have lost power.

I've been pretty lazy on all this time off, sigh. I do look at my slight decluttering efforts from last year and it is good..but still so much to go. I did clean out about half my closet which was a plus. Since the articles are not 'mine' I just can't get rid of them without repercussions.

At least I've worked out 7 of my 8 days so far, that is good.
  • ...and I got out on my bike today too!! woohoo
  • Colleen, congrats on the interview..... I hope you do/did well.

Holly, Lol, laughing at the high wind advisory and you riding anyway..... but that is to be expected from super abs girl. Lol..

I did ride Ms "whatever" today, but not much b/c it is COLD. I figure we have a few more riding days. I have no clue why I have the awesome talent of ALWAYS getting a new bike when it is off season and COLD. It was suggested today that I get a personal tag that says "RD QEEN"...... we will see. lol

I am getting off here to shop online for stuff for whatever her name is..... and btw, I am taking suggestions.
  • Congratulations Tammy- you will love it
    I will get some pictures together of what I have done to mine and email to you. I personalized my plates "HDBLNG" When you see my tank because I did the Harley Davidson in bling - i do have to say the best part but it took
    over 60 hours just to do the tank-

Haven't gotten my bike out for alittle over a week- but hopefully on Friday I will be able to

Colleen good luck on your job interview - you will do just fine!
    Holly great job 7 out of 8 days that is great- glad you didn't loose your power- heart wrenching to see all that is going on out east- praying for everyone

Well haven't heard anymore on the jobs in Phoenix except for passing first rounds and testing - who knows may not get a call because of being so far away but it just said that if offered the job I would need to relocate within 12 months - so I guess we will see

Well watching SOA so going to get off here
  • Quote: I have no clue why I have the awesome talent of ALWAYS getting a new bike when it is off season and COLD.
    LOL! because you are talented But I have to ask you and Reda - what is it about the tank you don't care for? I googled and couldn't really get an idea of what the tank is like. We will have to think of a name for "Ms. new bike"

Colleen best wishes on the interview today!

Well DH and I used to be so very much into Halloween, first when we were dating, then early married couple, then with kids..but it's dwindled down to nothing in the recent years. We do not get ANY kids to our house, when our boys were in school a few would stop by but none in recent years.

A couple times I would go to the deli job in a 'slight' costume and no one else would be, in fact they would laugh at me, so I surely haven't done that again!
  • I've only had a dozen or so trick-or-treaters tonight. Been giving out a selection of soda pops. I posted a picture on FB of our 7 month old grandson dressed as a dragon. He got toys--no pop!

The interview went fine. I am more than qualified for the position. It unfortunately doesn't pay very much. I should have gone dressed in costume as money bags!!

I'm hoping for the scale to be nice to me tomorrow. I made goal once, then bounced back up. Aggravating!

Glad you guys are getting some ridin' in! Our cycle time has come to an end for this year I think!
  • Colleen, you seem to be the one of us on top of their game.... so can you tell me what you are doing? Are you just counting calories, carbs?

Holly, The "tank thing" is more of a manly looking tank....from my understanding all of the Rd "kings" are like that. The "Harley Davidson" is not written too bad..... but there is a big "V" in the shape of a "V-twin" motor that looks a little manly in my opinion..... like I said, it is not "bad" but not as pretty as my Dyna's tank. Lol. But, I love the way it rides. I am thinking I might get to ride Saturday....... and that is all that matters.

Reda, I am sending good thoughts of you getting the job in Phoenix. Btw, what made you want it? What does your DH think about re locating.

How is everyone else?
  • Tammy sent some pictures tonight let me know if you get them
    they aren't the greatest pictures but they do show some of what I did
    We were in the 50's today I would have loved to get the bike out but
    Thursday's is the day I get to keep Karly (granddaughter) all day she goes
    to work with me then home till about 9pm- I use to always said I wouldn't
    change plans or give things up but that all went down the drain when she arrived

Well her mommy is just about here so I better get her stuff together - be back on later

Hi girls and Aaron
  • All you guys have done your work, and lost the weight...There's nothing that I can tell you that you haven't already learned the hard way, but...

Well, exercise, as I've shared with you all before, has not been a part of my weight loss. I've tried, and given up time and time again on that! I just work really hard to get to my 10# goal each month. I was eating a salad for lunch every day at Subway when I was working. Now I'm not employed, so I have to fend for myself something low in calories. I went to McD's on my way home from an interview. What I wanted is a large strawberry shake, a double quarter pounder with cheese and some fries. What I GOT was a McDouble and diet soda!! I wish there was an easier way! Several people have asked how I feel. I FEEL hungry! My body isn't as hungry as my brain--it is certain that I am starving! The salads were a good thing for me. I haven't kept up with that on my own at home. Probably TMI, but I think roughage/fiber is needed to keep my system "moving". Today's menu was breakfast: 5 eggs (with 1/2 the yolk) and shredded cheese. Lunch: side salad, cup of chili and 2 pc. baked cod (went out with DH and DD). Supper: stew and 1 slice of bread. So I do eat, but try to be mindful of what or how much I eat.

I so badly want to get below 200! I have really enjoyed getting some new clothes at a regular department store! It is a huge boost to walk past all the size 28, 26, 24, 22, 20 to get to the 18's. 18 isn't where I want to be, but it's a big improvement! This morning I tossed out all of my bras except the new ones! (They weren't doing the job any more!!!)

We decided not to go camping after all this weekend. Kind of chilly, and DH hasn't felt well for weeks. Need to get him healthy for Hawaii at the end of the month!
  • Colleen, I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how you are winning the battle It is refreshing to hear someone admit that they are hungry...it is so hard to eat sparingly, imo.

I watched a movie last night, "Forks over Knives" and the doctors featured insist that one can 'heal' and certainly prevent coronary disease and cancers by switching to an exclusive plant based diet (vegan) But the part where someone was trying to explain why it is so hard for us to give up tasty food was so convincing, that food is manufactured to be sooooo delicious to us (salt, fat, sugars) and our bodies don't understand how to handle these new levels of 'richness'. We can't get the normal signals that we're satisfied, then keep on eating.

If I think about it, I do feel terrible at the meat processing industry, certainly for the beef cows and the poor cows that are kept lactating for us. It would be hard for me to give up skim milk to drink, 2% in my coffee, yogurt, and cheese. I guess I could give up beef if I had to.

I'm just rambling

our weather has been gloomy..no sun at all, total overcast and in the high 40's. Bleh! We usually get one or two mild days in November, I wanna be on the bike a few more times.

Colleen, sorry to hear your DH isn't feeling well.

Hi Aaron, Dawn, Tammy, Reda!
  • Colleen, Thanks for taking time to tell us what you eat. You know.... I think I could live with being "hungry" even the "head hunger"..... but for some reason right now I cannot get enough energy to make it through the day. I end up drinking a double latte, 5 hour energy, or something for energy.... including the dreaded diet pills..... I just can't get enough energy. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to have such low energy. I work for doctors.... so you know the last thing I want to do is go to doctors..... lol. I keep thinking if I can find the right food mix, maybe it will help with energy.

I did get to ride the "Queen" today.... I actually rode her to Memphis..... but not before I dumped her in the yard I could not get out the gate at the angle I was at so I just let her fall over, no damage--- except for my ego. Lol. DH had to help get the big hefer (no pun intended Holly after the beef story) up...... she is big.... but OOOOOHHHHHHHH some comfortable to drive.

Reda, I am glad you get to spend the day with Carly on Thursday. She will always love that. I have PM you so maybe I can see the pictures soon.......

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tammy
  • Oh, Oh, Oh,........
    I forgot to tell you all..... the super d duper tough test I took last week.... that NO ONE passes the first time..... I PASSED!!!!! Not a real impressive grade..... but I PASSED!!!
  • WooHoo Tammy! Good job on the test! Congrats! Sorry about "Queen" taking a spill. Glad there was no damage. For those heavy bikes, when you dump it, and need to get it up on your own, try pushing it down farther quickly, rocking it back up. The momentum from the rock will help you get it up. Hope you never have to use that trick!

We just ordered a whole beef! Some is going to my folks and DD for Christmas (DS and wife don't cook). So it would be a bad time for me to go vegan!! I could eat a steak or burger and nothing else, easier than I could eat anything else alone!

Tonight we went out to a buffet with friends. I ate too much, then came home and had a couple drinks. DH is snoring. I have heartburn! Still up...
  • Hi girls

Congrats Tammy on the test - WTG and yep got your message and resent pictures- left the 1st seven out- but you should have them already

I have just been eating way to much lately and need to quit!!!!

Well I have an interview on Friday in AZ- going to check flights today
    I guess I am going to need to decide before spending money on flights that this is what I really want to do- I was also told yesterday that a gas station
    here in town is for sale and at a reasonable price so I am thinking I am going to go talk to the owner tomorrow on specifics and then maybe that will help
    my decision also on AZ-- then I keep thinking I make great money now but am really tired of making others rich when I could do it on my own and make it work as well

Ok enough on that I will let you know what I decide tomorrow

Have a great week