3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #226
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Hey chicks

Dawn the new BF sound like a very nice guy!! and best wishes for 'holding up' during your son's swearing in and then shipping out. Yes, you should be a proud mom

Tammy, I hope your sleep schedule smooths out soon!! We are so happy for you

Colleen, yes it is funny to imagine me being hidden by leafy rhubarb while zippin down the road, lol.

Hi Reda, Aaron!

I stopped to see if I could help a biker by the road yesterday. I could see he had a VTX but I thought it was an 1800, but it was a 1300 like mine..different wheels and fenders (he had the S model, spoked wheels) and whitewalls, and alot of chromed parts that gave me ideas about my bike! sweet-looking bike..but unfortunately without power!! he had tried everything he could think of, then I suggested maybe his ignition housing unit had gone kaput; that happened to my old bike and he said he would check it out. He had someone coming for him, for the bike , and his gf was there with a car, so they were OK in that respect . I wished them well .

A little cooler this morning, 52, but that is actually more normal for us than the 60's we've been having in mornings. Have a great day!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #227
Just for today......

S/C/G: 275H/178/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly, that would be cool it was what you suggested to the man about his bike.... he will look back and say not only did a female biker stop to help but told him what was wrong. Lol.

Dawn, I am glad you have BF to help you through this time..... I completely understand about your DS shipping out. When my son Deployed at age 20 it was the hardest thing I had to go through..... but luckily I had this group to help me through it. I will keep you in my thoughts. My DS starts FLYING HELICOPTERS MONDAY...... I am a little worried.

I had the best day at work today..... I won't bore you w all the details.... BUT, it was right up my alley. I like the girls I work with. I miss some aspects of dispatch and police work.... BUT I love what I am doing now. I hope it continues. And the "normal" life does not help at all. Lol I am gonna get off here to get some "studying" done.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #228
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
My DS starts FLYING HELICOPTERS MONDAY......
Alright, now that is a sentence that would make all mothers worry!!! but it is also stupendously kewl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I had the best day at work today......
and THAT is wonderful to hear!!!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #229
Biker Chick!

DH has a camera mount on his bike, got a pic of a moose on his way home yesterday. They are fine to see at this distance!! any closer and it makes your heart pound, they are SO big and unpredictable.

Hey it's 40 degrees out there this morning!! too cold to sit with coffee. What a wimp, lol.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #230

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls and Aaron

Well racing has really started consuming the life again but tomorrow we are taking off and riding to Omaha with 3 other couples and spending the night, we are going to what they call Old Market to do some shopping and probably hit a few bars up - we are staying within walking distance so no driving after drinking

Dawn - BF does sound very nice and yes it is always nice to have someone that likes to spend time and money on you so soak it and enjoy!!!!
Shoot we were only like 20 miles from Des Moines tonight of course to watch DS race, didn't go good at all .........darn it!
Yes be a Proud Mom and glad the party went well- Just remember we are all here if you need to chat because it will be hard and probably a good thing that BF will be around to help you through it as well

Tammy glad new job is enjoyable and hoping you get some sleep and hopefully it doesn't take to long to get back into a better sleeping pattern

Colleen great job on staying on track and then coming home with the stay on track mentality

Yep Holly I bet that guy is talking about you and telling everyone that he had a HAWT Biker Chick stop to help and give suggestions on what could be wrong with his bike-

Ok well we are going to head home another 3.5 hour drive to get some sleep and take off on the bikes tomorrow - whoo hoo

Have a Great Weekend

Last edited by ChopperChick355 : 06-01-2012 at 11:44 PM.
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #231
Just for today......

So, I have a question for you all..... You know all of the "weight loss gurus" say eat frequently, like 5-6 meals a day? Well, it seems like when I do that I always fail. I focus on food the whole time..... and it is soooo bothersome. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if it is just me.

I am trying to get back into the swing of taking my lunch w me and eating better.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #232
Biker Chick!

Tammy - I have found that eating frequently actually seems to over-stimulate my appetite!

I know everyone is different so that is why we have to adapt to what seems to work for us. I realized that I actually do a form of the Intermittent Fasting that is discussed here.

Evening meal; then nothing until almost noon or later the next day. Then dinner at around 6 or 6:30 pm. I like it because it allows me to feel like I"m eating a huge mid-day meal, because I'm combining the allowances for breakfast and lunch.

I had a flat tire today, with the car I was very thankful that I was going at a low speed but the AAA guy pointed out how BALD my front tires are!! And I had my car at a tire specialty garage back in November and asked if I needed new tires and they said no. BTW I called AAA because I stupidly do not have a 'donut' or spare tire. Yes, for a new-to-me car, it spends alot of time at the shop

Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #233

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Tammy, eating 5 or 6 meals is what got me into this shape! Should have stuck with 2 or 3 normal meals! I do however eat breakfast now--but instead of cereal I eat eggs. Just eggs! Like 4-5 of them with 1/2 the yolks. Then at lunch a Subway salad. Supper is another salad with whatever is leftover for meat. Weekends I've been eating a bigger supper as we usually have dinner with the kids at least 1 of the days, and DH wants "real food"!! DS flying helicopters--Awesome! They wouldn't let him do it if he wasn't ready! Good for him! Think he can pick us all up and give us a ride?! Glad the job is starting off good, and without drama!

Holly, sorry you had to deal with a flat tire. Bummer! Sounds like it's been chilly there! Moose are not to be messed with!! Careful!

Reda, your family is so lucky to have you running and chasing after all of the racing gigs! You must love it too!! Hope your trip home was a safe one.

Dawn, glad the party went well. I'm sure you will do alright once DS gets off on his own. Probably more worry thinking about it!! Marines are tough--I'm sure he realizes that too!

Aaron, Hi!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #234

March, April and May--10 pound loss for each! WoooHooo!
At that rate...In 1 year, GOAL! Dreaming, but I'm gonna TRY!

Also, we booked a vacation to Hawaii for this winter! 6 months out. I should need a new wardwrobe by then right?!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #235
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
March, April and May--10 pound loss for each! WoooHooo!
At that rate...In 1 year, GOAL! Dreaming, but I'm gonna TRY!

Also, we booked a vacation to Hawaii for this winter! 6 months out. I should need a new wardwrobe by then right?!
THIRTY POUNDS DOWN!! You are on fire, Colleen!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #236

S/C/G: 210/190/175

WHOOO HOOOO Colleen that is GREAT- you will for sure need a new wardrobe for your trip in 6 months, it will be a HAWT new you

Holly - shoot flat tire, doesn't seem like you are getting a break with your new to you car and yes the shop should have noticed those tires back in November for sure....

Well my sister and I started walking tonight so hopefully back on track as far as exercising for me- but I am extremely tired because DS started a new job about 60 miles away so he is staying with a friend so he doesn't have to drive back and forth for right now however that means we have his Corbin(his now almost 4 month old german short hair) and since DS has let him sleep with him since he got him it has been rough nights because we are letting him sleep in kitchen with his pillow but about every 2 hours he gets up whining, I am sure for DS but of course DH doesn't want dogs in the house but I told him we are bringing him at night but confining him to kitchen- I took him on the walk with us tonight so right now he is already out and will hopefully stay that way - but only time will tell.......

Tammy I can't do the 5-6 little meals a day either because it then makes me want to eat more= so I stick to 2 a day, lunch and supper with a snack inbetween usually cheese stick, apple, beef stick, cottage cheese - I don't usually eat breakfast because of time usually

Well off to bed since Corbin is sleeping I better try to get mine

Have a great night
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #237

Tuesday is Zumba night. The gal I work with was going to go with me a month ago, but she had a heart attack... She's good now, and willing to go along for her "cardiac rehab"! She also learned that she was diabetic. Good for me that now we are both chatting about "good foods" and need for exercise. We were horrible enablers to each other! Both donut lovers too! Bad combination!

I'm feeling good that I fit in the pile of clothes that I bought 2 years ago and outgrew! (some before I even got to wear them!) Size 28 (I know...) to 26, and some 24's. My DD is a size 18--that will be nice to see. I think of her as "normal". Most of the weight left the TOP half of me!

Reda, I hope the puppy lets you sleep at night eventually! Good for you--walking with your sister! So much easier with a buddy I think! Someone to keep you on track!

Do any of you use Splenda? I like it! No one seemed to notice any difference when I've used it in place of sugar. A friend says it gives him headaches. ?? I hated to tell him that the fruit he ate when we were camping was sweetened with Splenda--he hadn't mentioned any headaches from it!!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #238
Just for today......

Holly, sorry to hear of your flat. And yes, it should have been found in November.
How is your job going? When you come back every summer are you usually working with the same people?
I could not open the Moose photo.... not sure what is wrong with my settings.

CC, I am sorry about your lack of sleep due to puppy. I know how frustrating it can be. Especially when you are not used to getting up b/c of a nuicense like that. Good thing DS got a job.

Colleen, you are sooo rocking the WL. I knew it was just a matter of when the time was right for you!!!!! Let us know how Zumba goes.

I tried "hot" yoga this week. I did not know it was hot yoga until I got there. A girl I went to Bootcamp with talked me into it. I HATED IT! I hated the poses (the instructor assumed everyone knew what everything was), and a body this big is not supposed to be turned into a pretzel. It was 110 in there and if I am that hot I better be getting a tan. The ONLY thing I liked about it was the "smell good" towl at the end of it while you were "de stressing". I know different strokes for different folks..... but I know yoga is NOT mine.

Well, we went to the Bikers Classic for DARE tonight.... it was good. I did not ride my bike downtown b/c I am not as confident as I once was on it..... but I had a good time.

Well, I am gonna get some shut eye..... I have an early day tomorrow so I can then take a nap to work tomorrow night.

Hope you all have good weather and some good riding times.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #239

HOT YOGA?? Never heard of it! Maybe it was the 110 degrees that made it "HOT"! It's supposed to get HOT in Wisconsin this weekend. Makes me so thankful for air conditioning!

The weekend was not good to me. But boy were those noodles yummy last night! DH was so very nice offering to take me out to eat several times. I took him up on it twice! I'll work hard all week to enjoy the weekend. I tried to make good food choices, but as we had talked before, it was hard to get a healthy meal at a bar! The supper club we went to was worse yet--the buffet had fried chicken, fried fish, fried potatoes, and baked fished swimming in butter. Good for me for not eating the loaf of bread they brought to the table!! We didn't even uncover it!

Yesterday we got the garage walls finished up. Light grey top, dark grey bottom and Harley Davidson orange 8" trim boards separating the greys. Put up the framed HD picture and thermometer. The Harley curtains I made are up with the flame tie backs. Just need to paint the 2 garage doors and 3 access doors now. I got them cleaned--painting was just going to have to wait for another day!

Happy Monday to everyone!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #240
Biker Chick!

Tammy you are too funny My personal opinion of hot yoga is NO thank you!! I like arctic cold air blasting on me when I work out. It must be very ... odiforous (smelly) in a hot yoga room I would think. but yay to you for trying it!!

Colleen, the garage sounds fantastic!!

Hi Dawn and Hi Aaron

Reda must be busy with the famly's racing season. But Reda, I wanted to ask you about your blinged out bike...would love to see any pics? I would love to have some crystals or such on my bike. I looooove sparkle and wonder what I could do myself.

Well hopefully this Thursday we will get an early start and ride to Laconia NH just for one day of Bike Week.

Last edited by VermontMom : 06-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.