3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

Old 05-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #196

S/C/G: 148/127/120

Height: 5'2

Weather has been so wet here. I have not got the bike back out of the garage cuz we have no idea when the rain should stop. I hope it stops long enough to go to the drive in Saturday night. I have the nite off it it is playing 2 movies that I want to see- Avengers & John Carter http://www.61driveintheatre.com/nowshowing.htm If it rains I will be so disappointed. Some friends are going with us & were going to pack a cooler with food & drinks. Hopefully the weather is rite & it only rains in morning & will be done come nite.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #197

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls and Aaron
Well 2nd week of puppy training today however we have our spring Poker Run today so DS is taking him on his own.........

Dawn take care of the stuff you know you need to then maybe things will turn around and you will get to do alittle looking maybe shopping for a bike down the road

Colleen can't wait for our granddaughter to be here as well DS #2 has a friend with a 14 month old boy that came and visited last night and stayed the night he was such a good boy - but mom didn't bring any toys and of course we are not ready with toys yet, not sure if she just forgot or since she is young if she just doesn't really have any???? will ask today and maybe go buy a couple before leaving on poker run

Not much riding going on around my house this week- I was sick on Wednesday - you the spend your time in the bathroom because your not going to make it otherwise..... then Thursday got a real bad sore throat, fever and body aches, so of course Thursday night I couldn't sleep, shoot I could hardly breathe then Friday well still had fever, and body aches so came home early went right to bed but now my nose is stuffed and congested so made it hard to sleep last night as well........ and then to top it off my monthly friend came to visit for a few days- grrrrrr BUT the weather is looking like 80's and mostly sunny today for Poker Run- WHOOO HOOOO!

Holly glad to hear you got to ride alittle bit hopefully it will be daily soon- how is summer job going is it busy yet? are you still filling in at the store?

Ok well off to shower and go wash bike since I haven't been feeling good had to put it off till today- have a great weekend
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #198

S/C/G: 270/ 230 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals I am still here just not as much as I would like. We have kicked the diet pop for the most part. I do get a diet soda when I stop for gas. I went for a bike ride after work one day last week and they had two for one deal so I got two, one to take a few small drinks and put in the bag with the other one. Well I droped it and cracked the cover so I drank more then I wanted and had to throw it out. We need new chaps, what brand do you like and why. I will try to stop in more often.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #199
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 162/152/Smaller; tighter, fit!

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Aaron! good to hear from you. I just checked the labels of my chaps. My first pair ever, got them prob. back in 2003, held up real well except for the snaps at the bottom, they still snapped but had lost their cap cover. I looked for the label but it is worn off. I think we ordered them online.

Then last year at Laconia Bike Week in NH, my husband said go ahead and get a new pair. These are a little more deluxe in that they have two zippered deep pockets by each hip (my other chaps just had one snap pocket on lower thigh) THese newer ones are made by LK (Leather King). They were probably around $70? Some of the stitching came loose, which is not good for how new they are, but I was able to Gorilla Glue it together.

Reda, sorry to hear that you were yuck sick!! but glad you got better, and I hope the Poker Run was great yesterday I have only 2 more days at the yuck winter job, then I'm done full time with that gang!! during summer I just fill in on Wednesdays there. I start the fun summer job soon...my summer boss hasnt' told me yet but it should be by the end of this week for sure!

I made cookies for my step Gramma's service (which is today) and coulldn't help eating both cookie dough and baked cookies . Too irresistable, or that my will power is too weak! well i will just keep on trying.

Hi Tammy and Dawn

Well I have to go through my closet and find something to wear to the memorial service today. I wish I could ride to to it but that might not seem respectful to some, I don't think my step Gramma would have minded but I don't want to appear disrespectful. Plus, I have to bring cookies on trays so that just would not work out . But maybe DH and I can take a little ride together later this afternoon.

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.
My motorcycle - '04 Honda VTX 1300C. Candy Apple Red!

VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #200
Just for today......

S/C/G: 275H/170/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Y'all....

Aaron, I cannot remember what brand my first pair of chaps was, but they were obviously made in China or something b/c I had to wear a 7XL (yes seven), that was when I was at my heaviest (I wore 2-3XL in reality), when I lost weight I got a pair of HD chaps on clearance for $100, I have had them 3 years, they still look new. I must say that NOW is the best time to catch HD chaps if you are going to get some b/c they are getting rid of "last years". I also have a pair of leather pants for riding, I got them at a Motocross store, I LOVE THEM much more than my chaps. They were on clearance (see a pattern here?) for $75. I have had them for 2 years..... they look brand new still (I have not ridden as much as I used to). they have held up really well. What I would not do, unless you are replacing a pair is buy online a brand you do not know b/c of the sizing difference (7XL vs 3XL for me ). Sorry I could not do any better in giving brand names.

Holly, sorry for the loss of your step Grandma. I am glad you are almost done with the winter job. And, I am really glad you got to ride some.

Dawn, I can relate to your son going off, it was HORRIBLE when mine went off.... and I did take meds for a bit. If you need anything... just yell. And btw, I think it is smart on the getting stuff cleared up b4 you get another bike payment.

CC- sorry about your bathroom vacation. Lol. Sounds like the puppy is making a way into your heart. When is the Grandbaby due? I must have missed that in my absence. Btw, my DH posted the snake story too.

Colleen, I am soooo proud of you!! You are kicking butt on the diet!

Ok, so we are now officially old fuddy duddies. We bought bike headsets for our upcoming trip. I was very skeptical at first..... but they are AWESOME. We do have some wind noise b/c we don't have full face helmets, but we can talk and it makes it much easier and he gets a lot fewer grumblings from me for not using his blinker.... lol.

We are gonna give them a trial trip this weekend. I finally got off work.... so we are going to Panama City FL. My DS1 who is in pilot school at Ft. Rucker lives just a little bit from the beach so that is where our anniversary trip will be.... (remember we came up with the idea that we would not exchange gifts for our anniversary we would take annual trips-- well our anniversary is Sunday..... 3 years---can you all believe it?). So, it is 8 hours in a car to his house in Alabama.... we will sleep there and go to the beach Sunday. We missed the Thunder Rally by a week, but it will be nice to ride on the bike at the beach.... if the weather will be nice! Lol.

I am gonna get off here.... I will try to check back b4 we leave for the coast....

Y'all have a good week.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #201
Biker Chick!

Tammy, I can't believe it's been 3 years either! wow Very kewl about your trip to Panama City. Very glad you get some time off!!

Colleen you may lash me with a wet noodle cause I see that I didn't say HI to you in my last post

HI Reda, hope you're all better? HI Aaron! HI Dawn!

I got to ride to work today and it was so warm on the way home, 70 degrees!! too bad rain is moving in tomorrow.

OH - tomorrow is last full day with the Rat B*stard boss job, and the next day (Wed.) I start at the Club!!

My program - Modified South Beach & exercise at home. Slacked last summer and now need to lose the regain.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #202

S/C/G: 148/127/120

Height: 5'2

Morning everyone!

Aaron great to hear from you again.

Not much new here. I am trying to sort out a few feelings with everything that is going on in my life. A friend of mine & me have discovered a few feeling for each other this last month. I've known him for over a yr. he would come over to house & do stuff with DH & I so it's not like he's new in my life like most guys I have ever had an interest in. He too is going threw a divorce so I'm not sure if it's a volubility thing on both our part or if there's really something to it. All I know is I feel like a little school girl again. I guess that's better then feeling b*tchy like I had been feeling. We're trying to take it slow & figure it out but it's hard when when it does feel good & he so different then DH - in a good way. He thinks more of others then himself or how things will benefit him. What's odd about it is DS has given his seal of approval. DS had told me he was going to kick any guy a** if he caught them with me or knew I had a thing for them that way if they came back he knew they were ok. The bad thing is I broke my # 1 rule- he works at IBM & in my department at that :-( the only plus side is he is days I'm nites. But come next shift change we both could be on days. Sorry as you can tell I have added more drama into my life which I did not really need but happens.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #203
Biker Chick!

Dawn...let us know how it progresses with the new interest!

just a quick hey to say today is the first day of the summer job i love FINALLY

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #204

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Rainy weekend didn't go as planned. Sill no flower or plants planted! Still no camper out. DH has the brilliant idea that we should dig up rocks around the perimeter of our yard! Fun, fun!

Last night I mowed Lawn. DH is gonna have a fit! It must have been too wet. Big nasty rows and clumps of grass everywhere! That should keep him from asking me to mow for quite some time! If you screw it up good enough...you don't have to do it again!

Happy anniversary Tammy! Hi to everyone. "Everyone" is safe--no noodle lashing necessary if I forget anyone!

No cycle riding happening here lately.

I've been eating lots of salads, and being good through the week. Only little naughty on the weekends. Tonight though, I just had to have some chocolate pudding! Good part--sugar free. Bad part--the whole box! Doing good on my goal though! I like being ahead a few pounds to give me some leeway when I need it.

Hitting the sack early tonight. Been a busy and stressful week!!

to get back to where I was when I gave up... then it's a new goal... 10 pounds a month.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #205
Just for today......

Just a quick hello

Dawn, sounds interesting with the new "friend". It is good to feel like a school girl again. I wish you the best. It sounds like you are level headed in the whole thing. And IMO, there is nothing wrong with a friend to help you get through these times. Your DS going away is tough!

Holly, How did your first day go? I am glad you are getting to ride.

Reda, How are you, and how is the puppy training going?

Aaron, sounds like you have just about kicked the diet soda habit. I am sure it will help you get to your goal.

Colleen, look at you go!!! I am happy for you with the WL and eating better. And, I thought it was very funny about the lawn mowing, I am sure it would end up the same here. Lol.

Guess what.... I interview tomorrow at 2 in the afternoon for the UAMS job. I am very hopeful. I got an excellent letter of recommendation from the doctor that I just finished up with. My plan is.... if I get the job, I am going to see if I am "done" with law enforcement all the while getting ready to potentially prepare for the next testing.... even if I decide I am "done" with LE, it will give me a goal and I am taking the next test just to prove I can pass. I know it sounds silly.... but I just want to know I can pass it... even if I don't work in the field. I am just that bull headed. And, the extra (ballpark) 5k a year would be great!

Well y'all, I am pressed for time with the interview tomorrow and getting ready for trip. I will try to check in, just to let you know how it goes.... even if its just a couple words from my phone on the trip.

Y'all take care. Hope everyone gets some ride time in.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #206
Biker Chick!

quick note to wish Tammy the best today, at the interview!!

lol Colleen at the lawn I WISH that would work for me, hah!

and HI Reda, Dawn, Aaron!

rain here for multiple days!! hopefully sun and dry tomorrow.

Loving being back in the kitchen at the summer place!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #207

Hi Girls and Aaron

Tammy good luck at your interview - and have fun on your trip - WOW 3 years my how time has flown by sure doesn't seem like it has been 3 years Your trip sounds like so much fun wish we were going on a trip but it is only about 6 weeks till grandbaby is due so really it can be anytime.....

Went riding today for a bit but not to long DS is racing about 150 miles away so off we go and would love to ride there but riding home at 2am well thats no fun so in the cage we go.....
Puppy training well it is going good I think, he is learning but being a pup still comes with some bad behaviors that I am not liking much - it is getting nice enough he can be in outside kennel most of the day and then he will come in at bedtime because he sleeps with DS at night.

Dawn good luck with the new interest- it is always nice to have someone to go through all this with- take care

Holly whooo hoooo on getting to ride and officially being back to you FUN JOB-

Just in case I don't get logged in tomorrow
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #208
Just for today......

Just a quick update..... I have a 2nd interview tomorrow..... and a TEST. I am a little rusty on coding..... so I am preparing tonight. Will update more tomorrow.... hopefully.
Hope you all are doing well.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #209

Good Luck Tammy- you got this !!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day

Well I do have to say we went out for breakfast then a bunch of us went on a ride came home then left for the races- DS started in the 9th row but came to front and won - when he got out he said Happy Mothers Day to me it was so sweet

My dad called and said he was going to be in town and unexpectedly so it was a nice surprise that he is here for the weekend- so with that I better get off the computer have a great weekend
Old 05-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #210
Just for today......

Chopper Chick, that was sooooo sweet of your DS to do that on Mother's Day. How did your visit with your dad go?

Holly, how is the good job going? Are you cooking a ton of great things yet?

Colleen, Dawn, Aaron.... how are you?

I will know something about the job no later than Wednesday. It would be about 10k more a year, which is more than I initially though. The test was auditing charts, and I am a little rusty...... but I think I did fine on it. I am just hoping to hear from them Monday. Lol.... I am not a patient person. The job entails auditing charts and teaching new doctors how to code. It is a far cry from dispatching.

Well, you know I have had trouble with DS #2 he hardly even comes to see me since he moved out. He does come over to see our next door neighbors, but he did tell me Happy Mother's Day AFTER I told him goodnight that night (I text him nightly). However, we were in Florida with DS#1 and he took me on a small helicopter ride over the beach. It was the first time I had been in a helicopter. We got to see Dophins in the water and he had taken me to brunch earlier. It was a great day. I have never been catered to like that. I wish things were not like they were with DS#2, Maybe one day things will change.

The beach was awesome. It was the first time DH had ever been, and the first time I had been on vacation, I went one time with a work trip seminar.... but this time was great. However, I forgot to tell you we were not able to take the bikes b/c of the rain. It is a good thing we didn't b/c about 5 hours into trip at Birmingham, AL we could not even see the road the rain was so bad. It rained the entire 10 hour trip. We actually started on our bikes and went to the gas station, but I told him I did not want to take the bikes, so we argued, turned around and came got my trailblazer. It was a good thing, b/c I don't think I would have made the trip. I have not ridden more than 25 miles at a time since last May b/c of the jobs.... I NEVER would have made it. We got back Tueday and today we did 200 miles in a little trip it was a good trip, but 200 miles is all I had in me. So, I said all that to say this..... I guess bike riding is like running, you have to have endurance. So, if I get this job.... and I get to have a life again..... I will be on my bike as much as I can. I actually feel much better since I have been sleeping at night.

Well, I have gabbed your ear off enough..... I am gonna get ready to go to bed. It was a long day.

Hope y'all are having a great weekend.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.