Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #166  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I can tell you, I am tired and ready for the testing to be done. Trust me.... pass or fail, that Saturday I am going OUT and doing something. I don't have to work and I am going to celebrate being done.... then I will get a game plan together on what to do next.

I hope you all have some good riding days ahead.
Oh, Tammy, I'm so sorry that you are so worn out, working so much!! of course it's been a stress thinking about that test. I want you to have a fantastic time when you go OUT after that Saturday

Colleen - i know I said HB but I don't remember congratulating you on Nanna status!

Dawn, I think also that a taco bar sounds like a great buffet idea.

Hey Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
I will send pictures to Facebook of the shirts- no pics of bike per say yet until I have it done and the sun is shining bright
We can't WAIT to see that pic of your bike in the sun!!! When I was at Laconia last year, there was a bike parked that had crystals in a beautiful, evenly spaced trim pattern, it was soooo very pretty and even though there wasn't anything else on the bike, that bit of bling made it stand out and was definitely a lady's bike

Well we've had some dreary, cloudy, SNOW FLURRIED days here, ugh. Today's high was around 38 and total clouds and windy. I know this is typical for Vermont...heck, 'typically' we should still have piles of snow so at least we're ahead of that point...but I want sun, warmth, and want to ride! Even the street sweepers have not been out in town yet, the sand deposits are THICK in the middle of the road and in corners and such.

I still don't have my Subaru back!! (it broke back in March) I'm still driving the supercool white Avenger god I'm glad I dont' have to pay for it!! Subaru of America called me last week to check on the status..I said, 'I don't know, maybe you can tell me ' so he checked with the dealer who has my car, and got back to me, said that they are still waiting for parts.

Okay..I really don't mind, I like this Dodge I JUST figured out that it has Sirius Satellite radio!! and those cool control buttons on the back of the steering wheel?? I found them by accident, lol! I wonder what marvelous goodies I'll discover this week, hah!

I've had some diet indiscretions..a small piece of cake last night for a birthday gal, a hunk of French bread the night before..not too bad. I'm loosely following Phase 1 and a bit of Phase 2 of South Beach diet. Still working out at least 5 times a week and usually 6.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi gals. Well we did buy a cobalt,my wife is happy. I have put more miles on the bike this spring then ever before. We will be giving up diet soda next week, I think that is what is keeping us from loseing weight. Last winter when I lost my weight I was off diet soda, so I will try it and see. I will miss pop this summer.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Easter!!!!

Well we are having great weather today upper 60's but no riding I am cooking supper for the boys and girl friends. Our youngest brought home a puppy last night - he seems like a pretty good pup, goes potty outside so that great- but we told him no and really should make him take the dog back but I think we will him a week or two to see if he can stay responsible and attentive to the pup????? DH is really upset but since he is the only one that gets to come home for lunch during the week hopefully he will let the puppy out of kennel and outside to go pee but who knows he is stubbord that way as well..........

Well been cleaning house since Friday but I did get all rooms done but my bedroom and the computer room- those 2 will be next but not today!
I am going to run to the store forget to get potatoes dang it- so off I go
have a GREAT DAY!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #169  
Biker Chick!

Happy Easter! I am so psyched at having today off, the first time I can remember having Easter off in YEARS. It will just be DH and our 2 sons here..ham, scalloped taters, green bean casserole, cole slaw, rolls and pineapple upside down cake. It smells really good in here

Reda, wow 60's, we are barely 40 and overcast, booo. I want warm weather!!
Hope your meal goes well. Oh and best wishes on the puppy...a big commitment.

Aaron, congrats on your wife's car! and woohoo to you for all the riding you've done. Tell me, how do you think the diet soda interfers? I am just really curious.

Hi Tammy, Dawn, Colleen, Ellemar!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hope everyone had a great day. It was one of those days that could have been very difficult for me but ended up good. Normaly Easter is my holiday to cook for family at the house but seeing that I am no longer at the housethat is no longer. DS asked his dad if we could do Easter together so I bought everything & took to his house & cooked there. I had to down size everything but it was still very nice & good. His dad invited a friend over since he would have spent the day alone & he was very greatful & had all good things to say about my cooking while the turkey & ham was baking we all went to the land ( Tom (DSdad) has land in country that we went & shot the guns for a few hours. The guys shot clay pidgens while I practiced shooting targets on the trees. Tom & his friend was surprised that I have a gun & can shoot it it was a beautiful day.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default It was a squeeze...

I've rid myself of a few pounds and managed to SQUEEZE into some pants that I put away last fall thinking it would be a miracle if I ever fit in them again!

Easter food was good...a bit too good maybe though. I hate to see the left overs. You all know how that story goes right?! I had my folks over tonight to help get rid of some food. I over-did it again!

This weekend sounds like a busy one for us. Got a 25th anniversary party to attend Saturday, a dinner on Sunday, and DH would like to paint the inside of the garage! He bought light grey, dark grey and orange for a big board that will divide the greys. Last night I made him Harley Davidson curtains. I'm not a very fast, or talented, seamstress, but I don't think they look too bad! White with black Harley badges, and orange flame tie backs.

Our warm weather is gone again...furnace is back on! Plants are freezing! Just a couple weeks ago I was thinking of getting flowers to put in the planters out in front of the house. Glad the place wasn't open when I went!

Hope you are all having a good week!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #172  

Oooooh our nice weather is gone to this morning 22 degrees and it sucks-really. Well tonight is our re-elections for our motorcycle group and every one is talking out they want me back as president- a few of our friends went on last night how they are voting me back in because without me it will die- I am the only one that sends out communications - noone else does, I set up all the poker run stuff, but I do get help day off so that is a blessing becasue really thats the day that matters the most!!!!!

Well has been a busy few days on Saturday we booked our Cancun Vacation for next January for a whole week again, Monday we booked our trip back out to Deadwood for a wedding over Labor Day weekend- and yesterday got our Vegas trip booked for October we will be in Vegas for 4 nights then onto Peoria AZ for 3 nights then I guess back home- All this should be motivation to get my butt in gear, you would think so but..........

Corbin the new puppy well he is doing good - DS has been getting up an hour earlier to take him outside let him eat, drink and play alittle before leaving- then I take over play with him till about 6ish take a little nap til 7ish usually 645 take him outside to potty then come back in and let him run then about 730 I take him for a walk on the leash he doesn't go far before he wants to come home usually because someone else's dog barks and scares him so home we come then I let him run in the house no food or drink past 8 outside at 825 for potty then in the kennel he goes till DH comes home for lunch- he does take him out to potty, lets him get something to drink then hooks him up to clothes line we have it so he run the length of the clothes line then back into kennel about 1245 till DS comes home at 4
He did just start biting (everything I read says he is probably teething) so trying to get us all on same page on how to handle it correctly and effectively???? I need to go get some dog fresh mints or something as well man they have stinky breath? are they suppose to for those of you that are dog lovers and have them?

All and all Corbin is a pretty good dog - he has had a couple accidents in the house but for the most part goes outside really like to cuddle to

Tammy is it this Saturday that you have testing?

Whooo Hooo Colleen that is awesome you are back on weightloss wagon
Dawn glad to hear that your Easter went good and better than expected

Well better get going have to get ready for work - then I am going out of town till Sunday for work - but it is fun stuff so not bad

talk to you later
Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #173  
Biker Chick!

good afternoon!

Dawn I am glad that Easter was good for you, 'considering'. That is pretty kewl that you like to shoot also

Colleen, congrats on being down!! and those curtains sound fantastic!! I wanna hang out in your garage

Reda, Corbin is such a cute name I'm glad that he is doing well and he is fitting in. I don't know what to advise about the teething..I just remember our previous dog Tasha having a brief 'biting everything' with sharp puppy teeth stage. Yes puppies do have stinky breath!! Oh and sorry your warm spell is over, briefly. Let's hope it comes back.!!

And yay to all your booked vacay times coming up!

We have had day after day of clouds, and light rain, at least no snow here, but the higher elevations are still getting it.

I had a couple 'off' eating days with Easter and the day after, trying to get back on track. I weighed this morning and it said 145, so not too much damage.

Well my dear ex-grandma who was 104 years old, died last Saturday. She was a wonderful lady. We knew it was inevitable (especially at her age) but it is still sad and we will miss her. Her name was Grace and she was the embodiment of that name!! A champion of kindness to animals, and just a wonderful lady.

I was looking at my journal from this month last year. Last year at this time ,I was almost 15 pounds heavier than I am now! (more positively said - I am now 15 pounds lighter than I was at this time last year). And I was still having that dratted knee pain...I have not had bad knee pain now for months. It was also the month that we had torrential rain and our basement flooded...my mom passed away...and I bought my new-to-me bike. Lots of noteworthy things!!

I am now on my 2 weeks off from the yuck winter job, YAY. Then I go back for just a few more days, then another week off!! then to the summer job I love.

I got my Forester back!! After a month But I did have that free cool rental car for all that time, and Subaru did not charge me a cent for a LONG list of repairs! Yay Subaru!

Hi Tammy!!! Hi Aaron!!!

*edit - and Reda, if you can spare the time, I think you should be President again sounds like they need you!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-11-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Colleen, CONGRATS on the WL..... and I too would want to hang in your garage. Lol.

Reda, I got tired just reading about your vacations being booked. Lol.
As far as Corbin, if the "chewing" gets too bad.... I think you can get some bitter stuff. If he has ANY lab at all in him.....2 years is the "chewing" span.... just make sure you put your good stuff up so he cannot chew.

Holly, I am sorry to hear of your grandma, but she had a LONG run. I would love to have met her and hear her stories. I love to hear older people's "story". I am also glad you are off from the dreaded job.

Dawn, I am glad you got to show the men your shooting skills. My DH got me a shirt that has the silloette of a woman shooting, on the back it has a targe with the middle shot out and something that says "I shoot like a girl, any questions"? Lol

I do test Saturday. IMO, I am not ready but it is no ones fault but mine for not preparing in time. I did make a lot of progress. My arms are more defined. My DH and DS1 seem to think I will make it b/c adrenelline will kick in..... I sure hope so..... if I don't make it.... I will re evalute what to do. Testing will be at 8am, if I pass the physical then that afternoon I will take a written test and then wait. Really, I want to be an officer.... but I just want to pass the physical more than anything for my short term goal.

Well, I have to go to Jboro and then I am going to tan. I am not running today, trying to make sure I don't hurt myself this close to testing.

I will keep you all posted.... I hope to give you good reports on Saturday.... Thanks for being there for me through this crazy ride!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I failed.... oddly enough I made it past the push ups.... I did 19.... it was the sit ups that got me.

I put all my eggs in one basket and it bit me in the butt.

I was encouraged to try again in November... Not sure exactly what is in store for me. Will have to see what doors.... if any God opens for me.

Thanks for your support and listening to me whine.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #176  
Biker Chick!

Oh, Tammy I'm sorry..I"m proud of you for the pushups, though!! Gosh November is a long time off!! who knows what will happen in that time, what you decide...maybe something totally different.

I'm sorry that you're disappointed, but DON'T call it a fail, kid!! Not even trying would have been a Fail. I would never even have the guts to imagine it, let alone go for it!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals. Well today I had my last can of diet pop from our fridge. I don't lose weight on diet pop, I think it makes me eat more than I should. I will drink tea or crystal light. I will drink diet pop if I go out to eat,I just wont buy a case of it to bring home. I think I was drinking 6 cans a day. First week back to work I was to tired to walk after work, I hope this week is better. I went on a nice warm ride with my wife last weekend and today we have snow.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #178  

Hello
Tammy you did an awesome job with your testing !!!! You will nail it next time for sure And yes do not view this as a fail because as Holly said you tried so defiantly not a Fail- you rocked it- You have been working so hard and actually working long hours so hopefully now life will slow down a bit and it will all come naturally for you

Well I have to tell you what just happened tonight- I got a call from the store in town and the clerk said there is someone here that wants to talk to you and he gave the phone to a guy- this guys says do you know who this is - I say nope- he says we dated back in the mid 80's and then called me lobster legs - (nickname because I was a runner in my younger days and my legs would get bright red) anyways he was coming through town remember someone saying this is where I moved to so thought he would come through town and looke me up so he stopped at a different convience store asked my name and they told him to come to my store - yes it is an old boyfriend that I have not seen or talk to since coming to South Dakota in 1985- 26 years it was just plain weird - DH was almost upset that his guy found me and called and wanted to meet just for a few minutes- all I can say is WOW he looked rough and old !!!!! It was just so weird, he then wanted my phone # and DH gave me this look but how in the world do you tell him no can't give it - so I put my moms phone # in his contacts - he use to talk to my mother all the time as well- probably bad of me but it was just weird!

Aaron hope the giving up diet soda works well for you

We went on a supper ride tonight because we reached 65 today again so it was great

Corbin my sons puppy is doing great - going through his biting stages and it really does suck but he is learning I hope

Well off to bed I go - have a great night
Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #179  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
. A disappointment though - I had heard of Little In the Middle jeans from here (3FC) they're for when your waist is proportionately smaller than your bigger butt/thighs - like me But I was stupidly optimistic and ordered the size 10 hips/ size 8 waist combo - the legs were so tight and I couldn't button the waist!

So I dont' know if I should hang onto them for motivation or send them back for a size that I thought I was out of, but can wear Eh, not a biggie I guess.
The above quote was from November last year...I have periodically tried on those jeans, each time too tight...I am wearing them today!!!

its a shame that my DH had hardly any reaction when I told him. Maybe its just an off day for him..I would have really liked a little more 'way to go'.

but I swear, it is very frustrating to be doing all I can to get healthier and he does NOTHING. I'm going to be a young widow, I just know.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #180  
Biker Chick!

Reda, that was quite interesting to hear of the old flame contacting you!