Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #16  

Maggie -- It actually was "nice" this afternoon temperature wise, but the wind blew pretty good and is still at it. I guess it's supposed to blow yet tomorrow. I've been having weird things happen as I type -- multiple letters jump, sometimes I can't highlight, cut and paste, and when I would play solitaire my cards would jump around when I would click on them. I was wondering about my mouse since it is my original one, and Bob surprised me with a new wireless RED one. It's a speedy little devil!

"Gma" -- I haven't given Christmas a thought yet. You are a smart lady to be done and have things wrapped. I am jealous! I just ordered Ian's birthday gifts online and hope they get here by next weekend since we are doing his birthday early. He gave me a list for his birthday and Christmas . . . I hope he's not disappointed he isn't getting a kitten (they already have 3 cats) nor 2 $100 bills! I always buy clothes of some sort and know kids don't appreciate them like the adults do. The kids are growing so fast; all of them have high water jeans since school began! The toys get more expensive as the kids get older too. The smore tarts sound like a fun project to make with the boys.

I have to iron Bob's shirt for tomorrow so guess I will go do that. I am tired and know if I sit down I will fall asleep and I don't want to do that. Enjoy your day tomorrow; I probably won't get here until evening.

Last edited by Jean; 11-05-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 55 and sunny with no wind in the Heartland. Tomorrow is predected to be 54 degrees with rain then on Tue 38 & snowing clear and temps climbing the rest of the week. We shall see for it changes quickly. We went out to eat at Whisky Creek after church today and I had grilled shrimp. The curator of the museum where Will volunteers joined us this day and we had a great time yacking at the table even after we had finished eating. When we got home I put a roast studded with garlic with a pack of dry onion soup sprinkled over it along with cut up carrots, celery, mushrooms and pink potatoes. A splash of cooking sherry was poured over it all. Guess what we will be having for dinner after church services this evening. Will got the last two screw top squatty quart jars for me to put mixes in for Christmas gifts and they told him they will be getting more in. Hope so for they will work great for what I want. I have stearilized them and they are ready to fill now to round up the ingredients to put in them. I think I will just stick to the two recipes I got out of the WW magazine this year.

DONNA FAYE I know how jazzed you are about having all your Christmas done and wrapped. Now you can concentrate on what it is you want to do for yourself the rest of this year. Yep it was the C of C that helped that gal out at the airport. We have helped a lot of folks throughout the years in different places. The Catholic, Methodist and Luthern folks here in town call Will when they have someone that needs helping for they know we will help them out. They have sent quite a few folks our way which is just fine with us.

JEAN It is good you now have a new mouse to catch those run away cards. Sometimes my curser jumps around a bit on this lap top. When it got real bad the fix it guy did something to cure it. Maybe he needs to take a look at it again. It isn't acting real bad but annyoing sometimes.

I didn't have quite enough fresh mushrooms to put in the crock pot and Will has just gotten back from the market so I need to go slice them up and get them in the pot. Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! It feels like it is bedtime! It's been a long day. We both commented that we didn't like waiting around to go to second service at 11. There weren't many people there and I was surprised because they usually have more than the first service. After church we headed for Sioux City; Bob dropped me off at Beth's and went to the mall. After the Pampered Chef party I needed to go back to Penneys to get Ian some clothes for his birthday. Maddy asked to go along so of course, Kolby wanted to go too. They were having a mega sale but we were able to go in, find what I wanted, and get out in short order. Bob said that was the fastest shopping trip in history! LOL There were clothes laying on the floor, draped over racks, left in the wrong areas, it was a mess! The poor clerk at the check out said she was glad she wasn't working tomorrow! We went back to Beth's for chili and then headed home. There's almost a full moon tonight but I don't like it being dark early.

Maggie -- You will have your Christmas gifts ready 'n waiting pretty soon too! My new mouse is working perfectly. I didn't realize how bad the old one was until I got the new one. Your supper sounds better than my chili was!

I think I will figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow and head for bed. I'm tired tonight!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #19  

Good morning to you gals. Well, we are down to 46 weeks to our cruise now. Jack just ripped off another paper ring yesterday. I told Jack now all we have to do is pay for the rest of it, pay for hotel accomodations to and from Florida, buy our luggage, pay for passports, pay for the excursions, pay for the drink cards, put aside spending money and then we are all set! Most of it will be done with our tax refund and savings.

Weigh day today and I am down a lb. Probably would have been a bit more, but we had olive garden takeout the other night when Jack had to work late and it blew the day all to heck. I will take every last lb I am down though.

Here are a couple views of the hat I made for myself and the blue one is a picture of the original pattern I did the hat from. It gives you an idea how the hat is to be worn. I knitted a mitten in red and white using the pattern for the hat and it looked like a mitten for Santa claus as the white looked like ridiculous on the mitten so I tore it out and am making solid red mittens for myself I think. The hat looks huge, but it is because it slouches in the back. For some reason my husband said it was cute that I looked like those little Mennonite women. Have no clue what his is talking about as they wear little skull caps of muslin that look nothing like this, but who knows with him! It didn't take long to make though and now I have a warm hat for Thanksgiving though it looks like it might be fairly warm up there this year.

Jean: Kelly put a kabosh on Thomas sending emails with requests because he would ask for things like $5000 computers, etc. I would always get the giggles about it, but I think Kelly was worried I thought she allowed him to send it. Now he is at the age where you give him money or gift cards to specific stores and he is ok with that. It is funny to see the grow up, isn't it? Thomas is all about clothes now so clothing cards is what he got. Jackson is still into super heros and she said he is all excited about this commercial for a hot wheels track so she emailed me what it looked like and I bought if for him along with 20 cars, and a case to keep them in. He can keep Thomas busy playing with him. I just hope he enjoys the books. They look pretty funny. Thomas is so skinny I would never buy him clothes anymore. She has to buy him jeans that have the button tabs you can adjust the waistline with because he is so thing. I bought him slims a couple years ago and they were too big around the waist! I despise shopping in the stores anymore. People are so rude, the cashiers are too, mostly because they are overworked and have to deal with rude public more than likely. I used to love the holiday shopping season, but I am too old to enjoy all that stuff anymore and forget Black Friday. I wouldn't put my nose out of the house on that day to shop. My niece gets up at 3 in the morning and out they go and she shops all day long. UGH!

Maggie: I think we are going to have roast tomorrow. Sounds like you probably had a good supper yesterday.

Well I better get out of here and get me some breakfast. Short week for Jack as he has Friday off for Veteran's Day. Have a good one today and keep warm and dry! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hat3.jpg (46.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg hat2.jpg (47.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg inspiration_image-0009b.jpg (22.9 KB, 10 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Monday Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly 48 degree day with rain and thunder here in the Heartland. A chicken noodle soup day for sure. Finally Beanie has quit eating Cecils food and I can tell better how much Cecil consumes and when he really eats is main amount. Those two are so fun to watch playing together. It is like we brought home an animated toy for Beanie. He will lay on his back and let Cecil pounce on him then Cecil will lay on his back and get doggie kisses. I filled his dish last night and there is just a little gone now. He usually likes to eat in the evening and that is when I fill his dish before I go to bed. It looks like I forgot to turn off my Blackberry last night because I just saw the red light flash telling me I had mail. I don't like to turn it on until I have opened my computer mail because they also go to my phone then I have to delete them all from there. It is a good feature if I am out and about because I can get my mail but sitting here at my computer I don't need them to go to both places. I am going to finish sorting my glass today and do hope my order arrives for I am itching to build. We just may have some guests to share our Thanksgiving dinner ~ we'll see. Couple of our friends don't have wives here and we have invited them. Our plan is to smoke a couple breasts and then have the traditional fixins and enjoy each others company. And if they don't come then Will and I will enjoy each others company and freeze meals for later with the left overs. For Christmas we will probably go to I-Hop like we did last year. They put on a nice dinner then and I didn't have to cook. But I like to cook. Coming this Thursday we are going to the dinner, that I printed out the tickets for, honoring the wounded veterans. I also designed and printed out a 8 x 11 certificate to give to one of the men in the community that has been doing lots of work for the veterans cause. It ended up the ticket sellers did hand out most of the 1000 flyers I made. They were half size so only took one ream of paper. I was wondering if that was an excess number when I was printing them. A thousand she said! Then after I had made them she wondered if she had asked for too many. Money is tight. People are going home to live with their parents all over this land. Will gets motel rooms for lots of folks "going home" that are short on funds. Last night it was a mother and her teen age son traveling through to another state where they had "people." Being that he is a volunteer for "first call" we have an ear to the pulse of those moving about. Going home. We have counted 4 businesses so far that have shut their doors and have gone from this little berg. Dire straights have finally hit the heartland from both coasts. It starts on the edges of the country and moves inward. But what is strange ~ some folks here are still building houses out in the country. We have been watching one beautiful house out in the country being built that is 3 stories with solar panels on the roof. Somebody has money. It's becoming more of the haves and the have nots. I am so tired of the talking heads on TV.

DONNA FAYE Down a pound is great. Moving in the right direction for sure. I like your striped hat. Red and white. You will be stilin' for sure. Kids crack me up with what they ask for Christmas. Sounds like your family has a good handle on it. Some folks pay so much more than they can really afford this time of the year. When our kids were young we budgeted all year and had X number to spend (Christmas fund) and did not go into debt at the end of the year. I knew folks that took the whole year to get back to exact then they would do it again come the next Christmas. A vicious cycle. One Christmas when I was a child stick out to me with a great memory. I was 4 years old and not in kindergarten yet so I was home with my mother. I had two older sisters that went to school. My mother was sewing a couple dolls that were 3 feet tall with clothes and shoes. They wore size 2 clothing. They had embroderied faces and braided yarn hair. I just knew my two sisters were going to be happy getting them. It was my mothers and my secret and not a peep did I let out about the dolls. Come Christmas morning I got the shock of my young life for one of those dolls had my name on it. They were for me and my sister that was 2 years older than me. My other sister was 5 years older than me and I don't remember what her main present was but it was something she liked I'm sure.

JEAN I don't like dark earlier either. What did you order from the Pampered Chef party? They have some neat things but I haven't been to one in years. Isn't it fun to shop with kids. They get so excited. It is raining hard for I hear the pitter pat of the rain on the roof ~ or sideways hitting my window to be more exact. The wind is picking up. I'm not nearly ready for Christmas. So much more to make and do. I will make a list and check it off, though, for that is how I function the best.

Yep it is a soup day and for this evening we will be having roast left overs.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by Maggie; 11-07-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #21  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been a beautiful sunny warm day here, NO wind, and then it started to change late in the afternoon. It turned dark like the sky was going to dump "something," but it has stayed warm. The weatherman says there is 70% chance of snow tonight into tomorrow so I'm sure we will get either rain or snow. I went to church this morning, and after I had posted realized I was $10 short! I figured out where it was right away and the secretary told me how to correct the final reports which was easy. I'm thankful she is there to answer my sometimes stupid questions. I stopped at the grocery store and then the hospital on my way home. I went to a P.E.O. meeting this afternoon, then made my gift shop deposit. I need to get "help" with that tomorrow because there was a payroll deduction that wasn't signed for and I have no clue what to do with it.

"Gma" -- on losing another pesky pound! Perhaps Jack has which women wear what kind of hat mixed up. I think your hat is cute! I know you will appreciate it when you go up north. So far neither Ian nor Kolby are fussy about clothes. Both Maddy and Zowie love dresses. I took all of Beth's old dance costumes over there and Maddy had a fashion show saying she was going to wear all of the "beautiful" dresses "someday" sequins, feathers, and all, but she has to grow into them first!

Maggie -- I can almost smell your Thanksgiving dinner cooking! It's nice of you to invite others to share the meal. I wish I lived closer! We've had a few new stores open; but they don't carry items that I would purchase. I ordered a new PC food slicer; it looks kind of like a garlic press. You can evenly slice several bite sized pieces of a veggie at one time and I plan to use it for salads. I also ordered a glass storage container. I don't use plastic in the microwave and it seems like I never have enough glass containers for leftovers.

It's getting to be about bedtime. I want to catch the news first and then will head that direction. See you tomorrow!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #22  

Good morning to you gals. It was in the mid 70's and sunny here yesterday and more of the same today it looks. I even turned on the ac for a bit yesterday as I had the oven on for dinner last night.

I am debating whether to make pot roast or bbq shredded beef for dinner. I will run it by Jack and see what he says. He will probably opt for the pot roast.

I am almost finished with the second mitten for myself then back to my cruise knitting and try and get some of it done. I am itching to put the lavender shell on needles, but I have two other projects already started so I don't know. I like having multiple stuff going on all at once. Keeps me from gettng bored. My sister posted her feet on FB yesterday with the socks I made her for her birthday. They look pretty good and fit her perfectly, which is always nice.

Maggie: Looks like this year we may be doing Houlihan's for Thanksgiving. They have a buffet thanksgiving dinner and we don't have to cook that way. it is hard to do since Kelly won't get in until Thanksgiving morning and I won't get there until late the afternoon before. Alicia has to work on Wednesday so cooking is always tough to get done. We have finally convinced our son that eating out is not so bad as we are all still together and can enjoy it no matter what.

Jean: Glad you got the accounting stuff done for another day. I love Pampered Chef stuff and have a lot of it. The baking stones and containers are terrific, especially the pizza stone. I have a lot of the gadgets like the apple thingy, garlic press, zester, measuring cups, spoons and such. They all hold up really well and so anytime anyone I know has a party I usually order something and have them ship it to me. I am about at my quota though because I am running out of stuff to order. I always order 2-3 of their little paring knives too. They are cheap and work great.

I guess when I get done here I will pay bills. Jack gets paid early this week since he is off on Friday and I want to get stuff done. We are going to try and tackle the deck on Friday and clean it up and blow out the leaves, which we will have to do once more when the tree finishes up giving up its leaves. We have commissary shopping this weekend and I want to get stuff for the trip to Indiana since it is cheaper at the commissary. Don't know exactly what I am going to get for myself. I may get some nuts, raisins, fresh fruit, little cheese cubes and crackers. I can get lowfat or fat free of all of that stuff.

You gals have a great day. I am off to do the bills, get breakfast and then tackle housecleaning and knitting. Faye
Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #23  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cloudy, gloomy, windy day in my neighborhood this morning. So far there is no sign of rain nor snow, but the weatherman says it is coming. I have to take Bob's secretary for her doctor's appt. this morning and then it is vacuum the fur bunnies time again. Bob has a meeting at church tonight so need to decide on an easy quick supper of some sort.

"Gma" -- If I had multiple projects going, I'd forget where I was on which project. I only read one book at a time too. I had to at your sister putting her feet on FB. The only drawback to eating out is there are no leftovers, which can sometimes be a good thing too. I know you will whiz through your chores so you can enjoy your knitting time.

I need to get dressed and unload the dishwasher. Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #24  

Good morning, ladies! 53 degrees right now with sunshine.

I had a wonderful time at retreat and got a lot done. As always, the food was very good but I managed to control my portions and came home weighing the same as when I left. A couple of people had to remark about my plate since it wasn't overloaded and I didn't have dessert or bread. Of course, theirs were overflowing and they went back for seconds. I'm glad I don't have anymore retreats until the end of April and that one will be a working one again.

Faye, you always have things done in plenty of time so I knew you'd have your Christmas gifts wrapped in time. I hope everyone appreciates the things you have made for them. Is Fortune going with you this time?

Jean, I used to love to play dress up when I was little. Now I feel dressed up in jeans and a sweatshirt!

Maggie, you really must consider a move closer to me so I can eat at your house for holidays. Your dinner sounds wonderful. I know the men appreciated the invitation whether or not they come.

Anyone heard from Gail?

Changes to WW coming soon!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly day in the 30's here in the Heartland with a forecast of rain and snow. At least the wind hasn't kicked up yet. Yet being the operative word. Winter has arrived. I don't have much on my list to get done this day. I have my glass all sorted ready to incorporate my order when it arrives which I hope is soon. I'll have 36 glass sheets of different colors which I'll add to my existing pieces. I'll have plenty to keep me busy for a long time. I am going to have to do some research on mold. I had a dream last night that had bright red mold ~ bright red mold ~ does it even exist. I was wearing gloves in my dream and didn't get any on me though. I don't have a clue what I am going to make for dinner this day. After I leave here I will go see what interests me that is in the freezer. I am thinking of a stir fry and do have lots of veggies chopped up in there. I can thin slice a couple of lean boneless pork chops and have pork stir fry over rice. They didn't have Clemintines at the store so Will bought me a bag of tangerines. A couple of those pealed and sectiond to eat along with the stir fry sounds yummy. Now you see ~ I now have a clue what I am going to make for dinner this day. For lunch I am going to make some baked french toast. I have a partial loaf of french bread that needs to be used before it goes bad and an old WW recipe that is good. Will was in here just now wanting me to change his bandage. Did I tell you He was sawing something on his electric saw the other day and cut his pinkie a bit. It was not a cut across the finger but an up and down one close to the palm. Had to have 3 stitches. It is healing up nicely and I am the nurse to re-bandage it. He said he will remember to not have his finger sticking out next time. A lesson learned. The picture frame he was making came out real nice. All the corners are perfect. Good miter job. He went right back to the saw to finish up that frame when he got back from the doc.

DONNA FAYE I have only been to one PC party and bought a baking stone which I cut down to fit my small oven at the time. My small oven now is lined with stone so I use the PC one in the big oven for it is on a rack and easy to use for round loaves of bread. Your "snackers" for your trip sound like good yummy OP tid bits to munch on. Good to plan ahead like that.

JEAN It is so nice of you to be taking Bob's secretary to her appointments. I love turkey and the fixin's left overs. It is so easy to make up TV dinners out of them and enjoy them as re-runs but a few days or weeks later so they don't seem like "left overs." Not that we mind having left overs at all though. If we have only cooked one holiday we choose to do it for Thanksgiving and do Christmas out and not the other way around. Works for us.

SUSAN for eating sensible at your retreat. I am so proud of you not falling into the food trap. So WW is tweeking the program. It will be interesting to see what they have done for it now. Thanks for the "teaser." I have not seen a peep about it on the web site yet. Any changes usually come out toward the end of the year don't they. I would love to have you at my Thanksgiving table. Come on down - or over as it may be. What I serve is the "lightened" version of everything and it will be all about portion control.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. I have my fingers hoping my glass order arrives this day. Type at y'all later.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #26  

Susan -- I admire you for watching your portions; do you still write everything down? I need to buy some new sweatshirts and jeans! Mine are getting the "well worn" look after two years of retirement wear.

Maggie -- That's too bad about Will's finger but good that he didn't do any more damage than he did. Nelda had some of her staples removed and she/we go back to the doctor next Tuesday. We are happy to help her! She and Bob have worked together for 30 years so feel rather like family when she needs help. I know I wouldn't want to live alone without any family close by. I hope your glass order arrives so you can keep busy.

Last edited by Jean; 11-08-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #27  

Good morning ladies. Week is half done now and rolling right along. It is mild here, but raining and supposed to rain most of the day I think. I have lots of things to accomplish and hopefully will get them done today. Who knows????

Susan: I talked to Gail about a week ago. She is having computer trouble and had to take it into the shop so has been without email and such. She is doing fine. Her fil is giving them fits again, but Wayne has stepped up and sort of said, either deal with your life in Delaware or come here and live like we want you to. She is doing fine and Wayne has found another job, thank goodness. I have to go out and get a couple boxes to put the boys hats and mittens in, wrap them then they are all done. Since I don't have to cook or bake this year I don't have any of that to do. In the next week I will be making my famous lists for our trip. We are taking Fortune with us this time as Kelly and her family are going too. We are just staying at a pet friendly hotel. He loves to travel and sits in his little car seat and watches the cars go by. He gets all excited getting out of the car at the rest areas because he is so cute, people walk up to him and he loves that. Since he doesn't bark and isn't agressive he gets a lot of attention.

Maggie: Glad Will's finger is not going to impede him much. They can be pesky things being cut vertically instead of across. I think I am going to make homemade sloppy joes for dinner tonight. Jack says he is wanting some. He had a rough day at work yesterday so deserves a little treat and the pts aren't bad when I use ground sirloin.

Jean: I am doing a lot of lace knitting at the moment so I always make a notation where to begin so if I don't go back to it right away I know where I am at. Unfortunately, my little red had didn't do so well. I had to set the colors and washed it and the red yarn shrank and the white yarn stretched all out of shape and now the brim is way too big. It was stash leftover yarn so no big deal, the funny thing is the mittens are fine and they have both the white and red in them. So, I put another hat on needles last night that is really cute, a lace pattern, different style and all white machine washable and dryable. It won't stretch out of shape as I have used this yarn a bazillion times and it always works well. I am not upset over the red hat.

Well Jack should be down in just a few minutes. I hope his day is easier than it was yesterday. They had some issues and the plant boss stuck his nose into something he didn't understand and made an issue of it (not to Jack to Jack's boss though Jack walked away from it because he said he was furious) so hopefully today will be a better day. I guess those things happen sometimes, but this guy is turning out to be worse than the last guy they had I guess.

Have a grand day today! Faye
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #28  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, NO wind, and it's 31 degrees outside. I had big plans for spending most of the day at home, until I looked at the calendar and realized today is lunch bunch. I need to stop by the bank and buy savings bonds for the grandkids so will do that either before or after depending on how the time goes. I really need to get some cleaning done! Amanda called last night and her grandpa passed away so Ian's birthday party for Saturday is on hold. So far no rain nor snow in my corner of the world.

"Gma" -- Thanks for the Gail update! I feel for her and her fil challenges. Sometimes the elderly is like reasoning with a 2 year old! I wish I could meet Fortune, you and Jack too, of course! It's too bad about your hat shrinking and stretching. Good luck with your next one! I hope Jack has a better day at work; there is nothing worse than "stupid" people trying to run the show.

I need to do some ironing and figure out what to wear. I must have clothes stashed somewhere because I can't find things I wore last year. Some day I will be more organized! Enjoy your day and remember to smile!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #29  

Good morning, ladies! 50 degrees and foggy this morning.

I have to go to the grocery store today - haven't been there for 2-1/2 weeks with all my retreats. I'm out of everything. Then I'm going to JoAnn's to get some polyfil stuffing for my pillow and after that it house cleaning. Not an interesting day, that's for sure.

I really love the FitBit they sent me to track my walking for the research study. It doesn't look anything like a pedometer - about 3/4 inch wide and 2 inches long and plain black. Push the button and you get steps, calories burned, flights of stairs climbed, and it tracks sleep as well. I have a wrist band it fits into and I press start when I'm ready to sleep. It tells me how many times I worke up, how good my sleep was, and how long I slept. It's wireless in that I just have to be withing 15 feet of my computer and it sends the data over. The website lets me log my food, keep a journal, and shows me all kinds of graphs and statistics. I think it must be a cheaper solution to the Body Bug.

Faye, sorry about your red and white hat! I haven't had sloppy joes in a long time. How about sharing your recipe? Thanks for the update on Gail.

Jean, I do still keep a food journal. I really feel it's the way to be successful.

Maggie, WW used to release changes in Sept when they had their anniversary then changed to end of Nov/beginning of Dec as a way to keep members on track over the holiday season. There aren't major changes but always some tweaking.

Have a great day, I need to get going.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #30  
Thin Within

Talking Hallelujah Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is in the high 30's and expected to get to the low 50's this day in the Heartland. Sunny and cold. Yipekio ~ my glass order came last evening. I now have it all arranged with the existing pieces according to color. I have 4 racks that hold 14 pieces upright and they are all full. They look so pretty like a rainbow. There is a space beside the closet in this room that is just the right length that holds 2 cinder block bricks and a strong board with the 4 glass holders all lined up on it side by each. Easy to get to and out of the way. The cat was just in here looking at everything and checking out what changes I have made in here. What I am going to do this day is make a pattern for a candle holder I want to make for the season. I have it in my head but not down on paper just yet. Holly leaves and berries in a circle big enough to set about 3 votive candles in the center or a tall red chubby candle. Anyway that is what I want to build so I had better get to it. Not much else on the list of to do this day.

DONNA FAYE Sloppy Joes are good. Yum. Tonight is our weekly Colonel Cluck meal after evening Bible study. I get the skinless version of the chicken. Tomorrow the chuck wagon comes to town for a couple days that makes has pulled pork, brisket and BBQ beans that are so good. This guy is a contest winner and travels a circuit about the state. Then also tomorrow evening is the Wounded Warrior dinner and presentation that we are going to attend. So I have some planning to do of what I am going to eat to stay OP. Choices ~ life is made up of so many choices.

JEAN Do you really think that one day you will be organized? Relax and just enjoy the way you are and don't stress over it. Not everone is organized. We are all different in many ways and all alike in others. I learned a place for everything and everything in it's place really good when we lived those years and traveled in a motorhome. Limited space can teach you tings. Some folks spread out and fill every nook and craney with useless stuff.

SUSAN Now that your whirl wind of "does" has slowed down you can take a breather. It will be interesting seeing what the tweeking will consist of in the WW program. I usually just wait until January to get a good start on anything new that they have incorporated and try my best to keep a tight grip on my program through the holidays. Then come the new year buy all the new program materials.

Have a good day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.