Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #271  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday ladies -

Sorry for the late post...such a busy morning! Then I went shopping on my lunch hour since I didn't go last night. I was feeling really dizzy yesterday afternoon...so after work, I just went to the library to drop off some books that were due and then came home and relaxed. After work today, I'm meeting with a website client. No rest for the weary, right?

My back is starting to feel better...and my left leg (which has been quite sore since the procedure) is feeling better too, which is a nice bonus. DH didn't get as much relief from this latest shot as he had from previous shots...he thinks it's because he didn't rest the day after. I scheduled our follow up appointments. I'm getting diagnostic tests on 12/7 and 12/14, and if those provide 4 or more hours of relief, then I can have the radio frequency ablation done on the right side on 12/28. DH is getting 2 more shots...one on 12/14 and one on 12/28 (his appointments are right after mine on both days so we carpool). I wish they'd give us a 2 for 1 discount when we schedule our appointments back to back, but no such luck.

I'm thinking about canceling my gym membership for the winter because once I'm home I don't feel like going out again...too dark, too cold (and it's only going to get colder). And I can't go to the gym right after work without stopping at home first because I need to give Mischief her meds. I can always do the Wii Fit or one of my many workout DVDs at home now that my back is starting to feel better.

Shad - I had to laugh when you said that the vicar said it was okay to play Christmas music on the radio. Stations here started playing Christmas music on November 1!

Annie - So nice that Curtis is helping you with expenses and treating you so well. You truly deserve all the best life has to offer, my sista. You're such a good mom to cook for your daughter and her family.

Ceejay - I hope your throat is feeling better. Rest when you can.

Laura - Bummer about the late trains two days in a row, and even worse that it was full and you had to stand. Ugh. That's insane that your homeowners insurance has gone up so much!

Happy - I have a hard time staying up 'till 10 or 11 pm (even on a weekend), but on the weekends I have no trouble sleeping in until 8. Bummer that your DH can't find his birth certificate. Like you, I've got to get our Christmas letter done, and the Christmas cards out. Hopefully, I'll get them out this weekend or at the very least before St. Patrick's Day! We have a septic system too, so we limit our wash loads to 2 per day...though once in a great while we'll run 3 if it can't wait 'till the next day. I don't envy you your insurance changes over the next few months. Sounds like it has the potential to be a convoluted mess. DMIL is settling, though she's complaining about cold (even though it's nearly 40 F). I told her just wait until the high temp is in the teens or single digits, which could easily happen before she leaves in mid-January. THAT will be COLD. Doppler and Santa are both doing fine. Mischief seems to be doing well with her increased meds. We'll take her in for a blood test in a week or two.

Mel - I hope the fingers and toes feel better soon. Don't overdo it at TJ's.

Much love and many hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #272  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Was thinking about setting up the new thread this morning but for most of you, you are still firmly stuck in November. So I will leave that until I get home at lunchtime when some of you (apart from Happy) are thinking about bed.

Have some work to do today - I remembered I hadn't finished off the Master Data course so I'm back to that today. It's difficult because they don't know what they really need and there are two divisions - central and site - so I have to put it into an order that will deliver the right info to the right folk. And I have been very naughty. I have created a manual - gasp/ shock/ horror. So the powerpoint will need to be short and succinct and in tune with the manual. Oh the power. If I was allowed, I would have created a manual for the other two courses as well. I have had the time, but no not going to happen. It wouldn't be fair to the others who didn't have a manual according to the training manager!! Life's never fair, get used to it.

Michelle - think the vicar was a bit tongue in cheek there. He knows well enough what it is like out there. Glad to hear you are feeling much better and hope the process works for you and DH in December. No such thing as discounts in the medical profession - didn't ya know. Extract as much as possible for as little as possible. Don't even get a freebie for having two teeth out at the same time.

Mel - my weekdays can not be made at 6.00am in the morning to get you at 4.00ish in the afternoon. Will have to see if I can sort something - maybe work from home one day or whatever.

Happy - The Christmas lights will be in the 2nd to last box you unpack on the eve of Easter. Murphy's law abounds. The birth certificate will turn up on the 59th day about a week after the copy arrives.
Of course you are busier now that you have retired. Talk to Ruthxxx about it. I hate to think about that, however it will be another 100 years or more before I retire I think.
I don't have much of a problem with allergies to pollen, the poinciana doesn't seem to shed much pollen and doesn't smell. The frangipani does but it doesn't seem to bother me. I hear people saying that they have a problem with Jacaranda - which is almost a week here but I have a full time sinus problem so nothing else seems to upset me much. The problem seems to have got worse since the advent of the hearing aids so it seems the old Ear/ Nose/ Throat syndrome is still up and running. And yes I am looking forward to the trip home. I've a few things I would like to do and I might take a trip to Christchurch if things work out okay. However it all depends on whether my sister is still at work or not.

Laura - it's always the way. Transport doesn't just have one problem at a time. It has several.

Ceejay - amazing the way the miles add up. Hope the uncles appreciate the mulch.

Annie - hope you had a nice dinner with the family and the 6yo enjoyed it. Did you cook Brussell sprouts???? Nice to see you so happy.

Better go and get on with the day. Seems Scotty is not coming in today. I thought he said he was taking Friday off, not Thursday. Silly man. It is supposed to teem down today with thunder and the lot. I hope I make it home before then. I may just work from home on Friday myself.

Last edited by Shad; 11-30-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Expectiing to find a new thread this morning. I'll come back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #274  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Time to Roll the Page to a New Month. Don't post here any more.

Go to the new December thread - Worldlies Wrapping Up the Year In December
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote