Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 06:30 PM   #61  
fatter than U

Default The things you learn at 3fc!

Who says you can't teach an old cow new tricks? And to think that all this time I was painstakingly typing stuff into that silly little box! This is much more relaxing.

Through a strange twist of fate, I am neither blonde nor Catholic, so I quite enjoyed that joke. Fairly risque, but tasteful at the same time. It also reminded me that Pancake Tuesday (the day before Ash Wednesday) will be rolling around soon and I want you all to be ready.

Today we went to a trade fair called ABF - Auto, Boot und Freizeit. I'm sure you can figure out the first two, and the last one means "leisure time", whatever that is. Dh always gets free tickets from his company so we get to look at boats, cars, motorhomes, whirlpools and garden furniture that we can't afford. I ate some peach frozen yogurt and successfully avoided having both my shoes polished and my glasses cleaned.

Now I just need someone to tell me how to attach an image. If I have one saved on my hard drive what do I do?

Last edited by SugP; 02-08-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #62  
fatter than U

Hoping this will work!
Old 02-08-2003, 06:55 PM   #63  
fatter than U

This is fun!

Last edited by SugP; 02-08-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #64  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

How wonderful of Kiwi to teach us all this stuff.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:15 PM   #65  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Is this cute or what?????? ????? I am so bored.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:45 PM   #66  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Talking

wellllllll-----i am sorry you are bored but i just had a birthday party for dh with a bunch of wild babies running around like the proverbial chickens at least the teenagers are sensible and aren't sitting in their plates of fries and getting ketchup all over their pantlegs!!!! but there is ONE good thing---at least the babies go to bed!!!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 09:31 PM   #67  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

[list=a][*]I have never[*]heard of sitting[*]in a plate of fries[*]before[*]that must be a[*]Canadian baby[*]idea.[*]Is your mom there?[*]Tell her I said HI[*]Did dh have a nice birthday?[*]Tell him I said HI[*]Just go ahead[*]and tell them all[*]I said HI[*]ok?[*]now[*]I am testing[*]that must be a[*]Canadian baby[*]idea.[*]Is your mom there?[*]Tell her I said HI[*]Did dh have a nice birthday?[*]Tell him I said HI[*]Just go ahead[*]and tell them all[*]I said HI[*]ok?[*]now
[/list[/list=a]
Old 02-08-2003, 10:39 PM   #68  
Most boring housewife.

.[COLOR=blue][list=1][*]I can't believe[*]There is a list box[*]I've been making up my lists[*]by hand[*]this whole time.[*]Naturally,[*]Shift Wash[*]is going no where.[*]I have to shift the wash, [*]and Cherry LIKES my lists.[*]Well, that is not the real reason I make the lists[*]The real reason is that Peaches[*]Hates them[*]The end[/list=1]
Sugar, your images are wonderful. Peaches, I know he gives you credit cards and cars, but how do you put up with this? You have to buy a huge new couch to make up for the skin rash remark.
bye
Old 02-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Default You guys are hoot!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Bagz

Lovely lil pics, Sugar. And Peaches.

Glad you found the List boxes, Lush. I can't believe you've been doing them by hand either. I thought you were a professional list maker.

Here's what I did today:
  • Spent too much time, but not too much money, grocery shopping
  • Found out my old bf was dumped by his fiancee, sent sympathetic email
  • Made French Chocolate Silk Pie, by request of DD
  • Made impromptu delicious dinner consisting of
  1. Chicken breasts sauteed with garlic, lime juice and sherry
  2. Mashed potatoes
  3. Green beans
  • Lost my hearing while 4 girls screeched a lot
  • Served chocolate pie and washed dishes
  • Talked to my mother on the phone
  • Helped DH play the guitar. Badly
  • Dislodged the last remaining teenager from the computer and hogged it for myself
  • Didn't shift wash

Herbie is sounding more and more blond. Caught it from you, eh? When was that, the last time you shared a hat? Or was it the time he came over and rubbed his forehead on yours? Silly man.

Yes, of course, I know that DD has seen R-rated movies at other people's houses. A few years ago I used to tell her she couldn't, and if they wanted to watch an R-rated movie, I wanted her to call me for permission (she never did of course, but I think just other people knowing I didn't appreciate their showing her inappropriate material was enough to lessen the problem back then). She's old enough now that I don't worry about it as much. But I can't in good conscience let a bunch of girls from other families watch something at my house that they wouldn't be allowed into at the theater.

Kiwi
Old 02-09-2003, 07:03 AM   #70  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

There wasn't always a list box, Lushpoo. Kiwi asked them to add it so it would be easier us all to emulate you.

This is the truth:
  • Herbie thinks I got the rash from the "d*mn cats"
  • I have been at his house and reclined on the sofa
  • He uses the sofa
  • That's how he think I gave it to him
  • even though his spots are on his calves
  • He also said
  • That what I have is dandruff (once he saw it)
  • But dandruff doesn't usually extend to ones eyebrow, does it?
Old 02-09-2003, 08:27 AM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

YOU HAD BETTER TELL THAT HERBIFEROUS CLOD THAT YOU WILL GIVE USSSSSSSS HIS EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEN HE WILL BE VERY SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMAGINE BLAMING YOU OR YOUR CATS DIZZY INDEED!!!!!!my dd had a rash once and we called the vet to ask if it had to do with her sleeping with the cat----he said that cats don't transmit rashes to humans----fleas maybe but not rashes----you can have an allergy BUT the cat won't give you the rash---AND it is highly unlikely that it would get passed on from the couch----I AM STILL MAD AT BEING TOLD I HAD SCRATCHY FEET AND THAT DANDRUFF REMARK REALLY HAS ME BOILING!!!!! it sounds like a reaction to "product" or maybe an allergy type rash--------give us his address {kiwi---your menu sounded divine!!! yummmmmmmmmmm---we ordered out Chinese for the ole man --thanks for the greetings}i totally agree with you about the movie {r rated} i was the same way and was horrified when the girls watched friday the 13th when they were like grade 4 and 6 at some dim idiots house!!!!!!! i am still mad about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:01 PM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Herbie has the creeping crud

Dontcha think? Or is he saying he has dandruff of the calves? That would be original.

My email is dead, don't anybody write to me today. Stupid prexar (our isp) is down although I seem to be able to get on the internet. Our web page is missing (not that there is anything on it to look at, really). I just get really p-o-ed when these things don't work right.

Gee, I think I have Herbie's address.....

Well, the girls finally went to bed about 1 am or so. Not that they got to sleep for at least 2 more hours. Slept till 11:00. I made them french toast and they are getting dressed finally. They're going outside to toboggan down the driveway Hope they don't break anything..

I have a monster headache. Birthday party headache. There should be a special medicine for that. Part migraine relief, part valium, or something.

Kiwi
Old 02-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #73  
fatter than U

IF cats give you anything, they give you fleas, and then you would have red itchy spots on your ankles and *not* above your eyebrows. Are there kind of white, shiny, scaly things too? It could be psoriasis. Peachy, don't listen to Herbie, just go to the doctor and make him pay for it. I suppose it could also be STRESS and therefore all Herbie's fault.

I'm turning over a new leaf. My kitchen has been spotless for two days now. I must be coming down with something. Laundry is of course NOT shifted. Just lying there in a damp heap until tomorrow.

Friday is Valentine's Day. I saw a recipe at Martha Stewart for home made heart-shaped ice cream sandwiches (could these be made in a sandwich maker, do you think?) Very cutesy.

All these birthdays are reminding me that we also have the big Feb 28, March 4, March 11 Pisces Men Extravaganza coming up. Ds9 just wants to play computer games with his friends and eat pizza or something, ds6 wants chocolate cake and *no girls* at his party, and dh just wants to not be reminded that he's turning 41.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #74  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Just FYI (for y'alls info) cats do give human ringworm. I don't think that's what I have though. Maybe it's what Herbie has!!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Default That would be ironic

He never gives you a ring, so your cat gives him ringworm!! Poetic justice!

The party girls are gone. I offered to give them all a ride home, so that I wouldn't have to wait around for their parents to show up. Now I am making bean soup with kielbasa in it for dinner. With garlic bread. And maybe a salad if I work up enough enthusiasm.

One of DD's friends gave her a thong for her birthday They certainly are a bunch of characters. Just before they left they requested that she play a videotape she had told them about of her singing a song when she was about 4 years old. It was so funny -- "I don't like it in a carseat" Priceless.

I'm shocked to hear about the state of your kitchen, Sugar. I had the kitchen table all nice and clean (and cleared off) for DD's party, and within 2 hours of them leaving I had it covered again. Yay for me.

Kiwi
Closed Thread