Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #61  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Chelle...taking a break on studying...came home early been at it non-stop since 2 this afternoon. My two cents.........

PPO....great choice. has preferred docs...my suggestion is see if your docs are in the "preferred list" out of plan cost YOU more when you visit....like a 30 percent reduction in pay. I LOVED this type of plan but cannot get it anymore through Humana...go figure.

HSA...yeah, they will put in your plan up to a specified amount 5, 6 hundred bucks with a VERY high deductible. Mine was 2500K, after doing the math, I would of much rather had the no longer offered PPO. You have to pay the first whatever deductible BEFORE they pay ANYTHING....and depending on how much they put in your HSA, depends on what you want to do. Remember...they are not fooling you cause YOU put in what they match...meaning you kind of meet your deductible with some of YOUR money out of HSA...it is all a game.

That is my two cents....lol...I am sure you already knew all of that tho.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #62  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

just a quick pop in this morning...

ANNIE - Wishing you the very best of luck and success on your test today. Luvya, sis! Oh, and DH and I pretty much decided the HSA isn't good for us. The company contributes $500, but there's a $2,400 family deductible before the insurance pays a dime. We'd be paying 100% of ALL bills including prescriptions until we meet that deductible! So we're both trying to schedule pain relieving procedures (his knee and my back) before our HMO insurance expires.

A big to all my wonderful friends!

Last edited by diyana; 10-11-2011 at 08:00 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #63  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

this is the 4th time i am trying to post.
let me see if it works
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #64  
Happy September

OK....I AM ON THE RUN
THE BOSS LADY IS GOING TO BE LATE AND THE MMAINT MEN ARE WAITING ORDERSS.
WIILL COME BACK LATER IF ANYTHING GOOD HAPPENS

HAPPY.....STILL HOPING ONE OF THOSE PROSPECTS TURNS OUT TO BE THE BUYER! THINKING LOTS OF GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOU & DH AND YOU NEED TO BUY HIM A FANNY PACK!! I USED TO WEAR ONE AND NOW THEY HANG ON MY CHIAR!!! I WAS FORREVER LOSING SOMETHING AND JEN STARTED ME USING THEM MANY YEARS AGO!! WOULD BE GREAT ON THEATB TOO!

CEEJAY....HOPE THE WORRK WEE WILL BE AN EASY ONE AND BET THE BOSS MAN MISSES YOU!! YOU ARE GOING TO TOWN ON THIS FFALL CLEANING OF YOURS....COME HELP ME FINISH MINE....I AM UP TO THE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT BOXES NOW!!:hoohooho:

LAURA....WEEKEND ANDDGARDENS SOUNDED GOOD. HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD NEXT TIME FOR THE BIKES. NICE IDEA. HADA CHUCKLE AT THE BF AND MOWING THE GARDEN OVER MEND DO SO LOVE DESTROYING THINGS DON'T THEY!!

ANNIE..PRAYING FOR THE TEST AND I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL. GLAD YOU GOT OUT FOR SOME FUN & SUN..I LOVE THOSE APPLES WITH PEANUT BUTTER!!

MICHELLE....GLAD YOU GOT OUT ALSO. THE SUN IS A GOOD REMEMDY FOR ALL THAT AILS US. I KNOW ALL ABOUT RECOVERY TIME BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE WORKS IN PROGRESS.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Good luck on the test today. I'm sending you good vibes.

Mel
Hope the boss lady comes in soon and you don't have to stay in the office.
I know you'll find something for the maintenance men to do.

I had a mess last night. Washed a load of white clothes and then took my bath. Except the bath water came back under the commode. ugh. And I had just mopped the floor. I had B to check the main and it was clear this morning. So now I'll have to deal with this until I can get the land lord over to fix the problem. They have to wait till I'm home to come inside. That's the way Mr. H. Land Lord wants it, this will have to be Thusday afternoon and or Friday morning. Also plug in's in living room doesn't work, one in bedroom and one in kitchen. I have to go back for a follow up appointment for ear infection and a b12 on Thursday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #66  

Morning all.

Ceejay – Glad you’re getting caught up on sleep and things around the house. I caught up on 3 months worth of balancing the checkbook last week and it felt good. Sheesh, sorry you’re having plumbing issues at your place – hate the cleanup. A couple inoperable electrical outlets are not as bad, but I hope it all gets resolved soon!

Michelle – Glad you also got out in the yard for some outdoor time. Sorry your HMO is no longer available. I agree w/ Annie – PPO sounds like the better alternative. If I were 10 years younger or more I might do the HSA plan, but once I started adding everything up with the prescriptions, etc., it seemed too iffy. I was comfortable with what my past expenses had been, but last year this time I was having trouble with my foot and so I was feeling pessimistic and anticipating more expenses, and now w/ the BP, and who knows what would come up w/ bf’s health…I just prefer the PPO, in spite of the incentives our company uses to try and lure folks to the HSA. I think it’s best for pretty healthy people who normally don’t have a lot of medical expenses beyond their wellness visits.

Mel – Yeh, I agree – Happy’s hubby needs a fanny pack or one of those traveler’s vests with a lot of pockets, LOL. Of course Bf enjoyed mowing over the one flower bed yesterday, although he mentioned some of the foliage did get hung up in the blade. Oops. But I like that the leaves will be easier to rake or blow from those areas without all the foliage to get caught up in.

Shad – Thanks for posting the pics of the drip rock with it’s very own environment. Nature has such a way of adapting to conditions, doesn’t it? Hope you’re well-rested after those night shifts!

Happy – Glad you’ve got plenty of house showings, and I hope at least one turns into serious interest, i.e., an OFFER!! Agree w/ everyone else re the cat – bring her with and she’ll adjust. (Do I have the gender correct?) And Shad’s right – you have other buildings where she can get her “outside time” safely.

Annie – By the time you read this your exam may already be over – I’m sure it went well for you. When will you find out your grade? My friend got the grade on her final paper (50% of her grade) and she got an A and so she was able to maintain a decent grade point average for purposes of her college degree.
====
Nothing much to report.

Yesterday I planned to go to an exercise class after work, but bf had plans and needed the car, so I did a BE workout in the basement. I was sore from the yardwork and I felt old and decrepit. But at least I moved. But I was glad I wasn't feeling old and decrepit in a class in front of other people and those blasted mirrors!! After that I watched tv and read all evening.

It’s so difficult for me to get myself out of bed now. I think my neighbor is leaving the house later, and so I’ve been waking up (having been woken by his car leaving the garage) about 5 minutes before the alarm. At that point, it’s still dark, so I hit the snooze a couple times and then by the time I finally drag myself out of bed, it’s getting late and I have to scramble. I kind of wish my neighbor was still leaving about 45 min. before my alarm so I could at least pretend I’m getting more sleep, LOL, even though I’m usually not able to get back into a sound sleep.

Tonight is the movies. We’re seeing "50/50" with Joseph Gordon Leavitt, the kid from that tv show w/ John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun. He was also in a movie called "100 Days of Summer", so he has some sort of numbers thing going on with his movie titles.

Okay, time to post and be productive. Ha, my co-worker was just taken away to "jail". Our fundraising kicked off last week and this is one of the popular events -paying to have someone "arrested", and they have to sit in "jail" (an actual enclosure in our atrium area) for 10 min. or bail themselves out or buy a "get out of jail" card. Maybe I should have the boss arrested.

Last edited by Laura705; 10-11-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #67  
Annie - Indiana

OK so I am a dingleberry dough....blonde...have to get at 67 to pass the test...I got a 66. Doesn't that suck? I now have to PAY for the retake test...75.50 blah...would it be my life if not? I doubt it.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #68  

Awww, Annie that sucks. So close too!!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #69  

Annie
Hugs, Don't let that one point get you down. I've done the same thing when I was taking my test for my water license. It's been well worth the trouble to retake the test.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #70  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, just too tired tonight to even write the days doings. Tomorrow may be better.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:14 AM   #71  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKLETS
HERE COMES THE RAINY WEEK
BEGAN LAST NIGHT AND SUPPOSED TO BE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS TILL THE WEEKEND.
WISH WE COULD SEND THIS SOUTH WHERE THEY REALLY NEED IT.
NOTHING PLANNED FOR TODAY.
I NEED TO GET SOME PAPERS MAILED OUT FOR THE HEATING.
WHERE DID THE YEAR GO TO?!?!?!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL BE A BUSY GIRL THIS WEEK WHAT WITH PLUMBING AND DR APPT. GOOD LUCK ON BOTH OF THEM. I HATE WATER LEAKS!!!

KAURA....HAD A LAUGH AT THE COWORKER GETTING ARRESTED.....MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY USES THAT PLOY TO RAISE MONEY IN LOCAL TOWNS. WE AHAD OUR MAYOR ARRESTED!! WE HAVEN'T DONE IT SINCE SO I AM GUESSING HE WASN'T A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD REMOVE THE MORRORS IN THE GYMS AND POUT UP MOTIVATIONAL PICTURES LIKE THE BIGGEST LOSER DOES.
YOU ARE NOT OLD AND DECREPIT!!! BUT MAYBE I COULD RING YOUR PHONE 45 MINUTES BEFORE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET UP....OR SIT OUTSIDE YOU WINDOW AND REV UP MY MOTOR....WHATCHA THINK

MICHELLE.....I WENT DOWN AND FOUND MY BOSS ALREADY THERE. SHE SKIPPED OUT ON HER DR APPT. BAD BOSS.

ANNIE....I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR AQBOUT THE TEST. SENDING BIG HUGS YOUR WAY. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT COSTS THAT MUCH!!

SHAD......HOPE YOUR WEEK EASES UP A BIT. :
Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #72  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Well we accepted an offer on our house yesterday. We lost so much money on this house it's not funny but we got an offer with concessions that was acceptable to us. At this point we just want to be done with it and out of here. The buyers also "took a bath" on selling there house and had to leave all their appliances and make concessions too. We got a good deal on the new house - not as good as we lost here but we are happy to be closing this chapter on our lives. Although the buyers of our house have a house they are selling, our realtor checked and it appears there will be no issues with them closing their sale so we should be good too. We will close mid November, after we move out. Don't have to be here for closing.

I am feeling yuccky today. Thought I had a cough from sinus, turned into a mild cold. I am supposed to get a flu shot today - I will check with the nurse to see if that's a good idea, might defer to next week.

Annie - I am soooo sorry about the test. Was praying for you. That really hurts missing it by one point. Please don't give up no matter how annoying it can be. You can do this!!!!

Mel - enjoy the rain although autumn rains are never as good as spring rains. We could use the water down this way, you guys have had enough there.

Shad - get yourself a good night's rest. Sounds like these long hours are getting to you. Is that because they are behind schedule?

Laura - I love the idea of the jail as a fund raiser. If I was staying on at work, I would suggest that as it would be sure to raise alot of cash. We pay 5 dollars to be able to wear jeans on certain days - that was a cash cow for whomever decided up that idea.

Ceejay - bummer on the leaky bath. The landlord should be incented to fix that before it causes all sorts of other issues. Always something to be fixed.

Good morning Michelle - how are you doing today?

Time for me to get running. I need to come home after lunch and sign papers so I'd better get out of here. Later ladies
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #73  

Morning all.

Shad -Hope you had a good night's rest and have a better day!

Mel - We are supposed to get some rain tonight/tomorrow. I know bf is hoping each time he mows that it will be his last for the season, but with the mild temps and rain, that won't be happening yet!

Happy - Congrats on selling the house!! Sorry you lost money on the deal, but as you said - it allows you to begin this new chapter of your lives. I'm so happy it wasn't a long drawn out thing!! Sometimes I feel like it's just better to just get something over with rather than strive for the "best possible outcome". Especially if you're able to swing it financially. Re the fundraiser - yep, jail is a very popular part of the doings. We also have jeans days, also popular. But for me, it's not worth it. Now, sneakers days or slippers days would be worth it!!

Annie - Hope your disappointment over missing by one point has turned into determination and you've have signed up for the next exam - I know you can do it!!

Hi Michelle!! Hi Ceejay!!
===
In spite of previews making it seem like it would be more lighthearted/humorous, the movie "50/50", was NOT. It was terribly depressing. Yes, a 20-something with cancer is sad, but come on - Seth Rogan was in this movie! I'm not a huge fan of his, but isn't he supposed to be in comedies???!! I don't recommend it, unless you want to cry, which I did even though I wasn't sure I even liked the main character all that much.

Tonight after work I'm doing a marketing survey for 90 min. I'll probably regret it when I'm waiting around for the train - they only run once an hour starting at 6:30 - but the money's good, so that's that.

TTFN!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #74  

Congrats, Happy, on selling the house. I know you are anxious to get out of the South.

Mel
We have rain clouds in the area but non here. I'd like to get at least an inch of rain. We are very dry here.

Hello's to Laura, Michelle, Shad, and Annie

--------
Nothing new here. Boredom has set in.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #75  
Annie - Indiana

Hi all...not really much in the mood to chat today...I did sign up for the test for Tuesday the 18th. Rain coming in tonight for us too.

Have a great evening/morning all..

Hugs