Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning

I called my uncle this morning to tell him that I wouldn't be coming this week end. They got home yesterday around 1 p.m. Told me he couldn't get his car to fly. I told him mine did that he must not have come down the same mountain side.

Today I'm unpacking my suitcase and getting the laundry done. I may make a run to the super center later this afternoon. I'm in the mood for some chili.

Happy
I need to mulch some leaves and pine needles today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:39 AM   #47  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, haven't been around for a while - blame the night shift. I'm getting back to 'normal' slowly.

Yesterday I laid around and dozed and watched some footy and dozed some more and then went to bed and slept solidly all night. Scotty was working 11 - 11 and Travis was wherever Travis goes to when he is not working. Lucky I don't need company isn't it? Anyway today Travis was doing the 11-00 to 11.00 shift and Scotty and I decided to clear the brain and exercise the legs and went to a place called Drip Rock. Drip Rock is a mighty big slab of sandstone which has been worn away over the years by the river and overhangs a small pool and some large rocks. The water drips down the rock face and onto the stones and then into the small pool. Slowly there is a whole eco world developing under this overhang and ferns, moss, orchids, and grasses are growing under the shelter of the rock. It is quite pretty. I have loaded up some pictures but the battery in my camera has run out so I couldn't take as many as I wished. The legs got some exercise, the brain got some company and I had a good time. Not sure what next weekend will be, maybe the great western zoo out at Dubbo or maybe some more bush trails but it should be fun. I need to source out a new battery pack - drat not thinking of mine. Not to worry. I will survive. All else fails I will get the DS2 to mail my one down from home and hope it arrives before the weekend.

Got to go pack my bags again to shift from hotel to hotel. Nomad is the name of the game. Lucky I pack fairly light although I have collected some stuff here. Needless to say it will either fit or be chucked when it is time to go home.

Personals during the week - sorry. Too much stuff going on here to stick around right now. Happy Sunday to y'all
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #48  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SUNNY MORNING EXPECTATIONS???
SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 80'S TODAY. I COULD USE A WARMING UP.

NOTHING NEW HERE AT ALL. MY NEIGHBOR GOT HOME AND IT FEELS GOOD TO HEAR HER IN THERE.
SOMEHOW I GOT USE TO HER "NIGHTIME" SOUNDS & I MISSED THEM. SHE STAYS UP LATER THAN I DO.
SITTING HERE TRYING TO THINK OF SOMETHING WITTY TO SAY BUT NOTHING IS HAPENING IN MY HEAD.
BETTER JUST LEAVE AND EAT BREAKFAST. NOT FUNCTIONING ON ALL 8 CYLINDERS YET

HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY......... LEAVES/LEAF YOU MADE ME LAUGH TOO.
WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU IN THE AFTERNOON,
WONDERING HOW EVERYTHINNG WAS GOING WITH THIS AGENT.
BET THE DH HAD A HARD TIME LEAVING HIS CASTLE!

CEEJAY....LAUGHED AT THE UNCLE'S CAR NOT FLYING
HAD I KNOWN YOU WERE DOING WASH I WOULD HAVE JOINED YOU!
HAPPY MULCHING THIS WEEKEND!!

SHAD........NEVER MIND THE PERSONALS. JUST GIVE US THE TRAVELOGUE STUFF.
I LOVE THE PARTS ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT'S GROWING OR CRAWLING THERE.
THE DRIP ROCK SOUNDED WONDEFUL. NATURE ONCE AGAIN AT HER FINEST.
I SHOULD GO AND GOOGLE THAT AND CHECK IT OUT.
JUST STAY WELL AND HEALTHY. GLAD YOU GOT OUT WITH A FRIEND.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND HOPE YOU ARE FEELING 100%

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-09-2011 at 08:04 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #49  
Happy September

I FINALLY FOUND IT UNDER DRIPPING ROCK.
THE FAMILY WHO OWNS IT HAS A COUNTRY GARDENER BLOG.

http://thedripmudgee.blogspot.com/

I AM NOT AWAKE ENOUGH TO READ IT JUST YET!!
I WILL "TRAVEL" LATER ON!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-09-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #50  

Back again, can't sleep.
The blog site as given by Mel is close to where we were but the Drip Rock we went to see is not on private land, it is on a national park reserve and there certainly were no waterfalls darn it all, just drips.

The rock formations did look very similar to those shown by Mel. And if you search by 'the drip Mudgee' you also get to see Frog Rock.

Which does look like a frog - or rather 2 frogs humping. There is a winery named after Frog Rock.

Guess I really should go back to bed and try to make an effort to sleep. Back to work in the morning - or should I say later this morning since it is not 12.30am

Last edited by Shad; 10-09-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #51  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Today is the day to buckle down and attempt several of the things I should have been working on this week, but didn't get to - laundry, filing my health care savings claim, emptying my purse which weighs as much as a small toddler, going through at least one closet and tackling the cabinets.

It will not be cost effective for me to pay to move things like personal care products or canned foods so as we hit the 30 day countdown I need to take stock of what we have and make the most of using up what I can easily get up north. I did send DH back to with a grocery bag full of dryer softener sheets - liquid fabric softener is not good for a septic system so I will have to limit my use of it. I find most laundry scented things too strong for my nose and tend to gravitate to the baby powder or lavender vanilla stuff. I did like the store brand dryer sheets at my local grocery chain and when they announced closing the store I went over there and bought out all the remaining boxes of my favorite dryer sheets. I am sure I have all sorts of baking things up in one cabinet that have been sitting there for 5 years or so. One thing I stopped doing when I got down here was baking. People at my company do not bring and eat stuff at work - freaks that they are. We also have an inordinate amount of people who are downright freakish over food left in the common area coffee room. I can understand people shying away from eating anything loose in an open dish such as candy bits because let's face it - there's alot of people who don't wash after using the toilet. As for the people who don't like common food, a few actually told me that they don't eat cakes and things left out because they don't know what people put in them and they feel that people put stuff to give others the poopies and such. I think people who think folks doctor up stuff have a way BIGGER issue. Unless of course you have found this to be true and that being the case, maybe one would not want to work for that company anymore All sorts of crazy people in the world And I won't miss it a bit.

Shad - I loved the pictures of Drip Rock. It looks like such a beautiful and peaceful place. I'm sure the walk did you good as well as the sunshine. Bummer on the camera battery. That always seems to happen to DH also. In fact I think there is a relationship between stunning picture opportunities and the amount of juice left in the battery pack Thanks for sharing the few pictures you have. Glad you had some relaxing on the weekend.

Mel, I had a good talk with the sun and have shamed it into showing up at your door. I know what you mean about having sounds that are comforting that all is right with the world. It used to be that way with the low train whistle in the night here before they decided to lay on the horns and blast them at each intersection. I think too that part of the reason we get so jumpy at night is that there are sounds we don't normally pay attention to and strange sounds get us on edge. You better believe that DH did not want to leave his castle. He's only coming back to rescue his princess, knowing he has only 32 days or so left to serve on his time here. He sounded so happy this week when he was there. In fact, when he was obsessed over his blood pressure here, come to think of it, he never really mentioned it up there - I sent him with my new wrist cuff machine so I know he's taking it. I know we are doing the right thing by getting out of here soon. Ok so explain to me, I understand that Monday is one of those not so big anymore holidays, but what does that mean for you? Is the office closed - ie. you take emergency calls only and I do mean YOU?

Ceejay - did you make that chili you had such a hankering for? I love the cooler weather - time to make some old favorite comfort foods.

I have a dilema chicks. We have a cat, she was a stray that showed up in our yard years ago and we took her into our lives. She is a good kity for the most part but is very stubborn. She is also a true southern kitty and hates the cold as much as any real southerner can. Even covered in fur she was in her glory on these 120 degree heat index days we had. She pretty much lives outside during the warm months and once it cools like now, stays out all day and only comes in at night to sleep. I have made her a bed of her favorite cushy blankets on a coffee table out on the patio and many nights, like last night, she slept out there. She doesn't want to come inside, sits by the door and demands "patio dining" - I have to bring a dish of food out to her. In the one month of true winter that we have here where it's in the 20's outside, she stays in but gets really neurotic. She keeps going to the door wanting to be let out but when we open the door and she gets a blast of cold air in her face, she stops dead and reluctantly turns back into the house. 10 minutes later she forgets and wants to go out again. This happens about 5 times before DH gets frustrated and throws her outside for an hour So we have a front declawed cat (she came to us that way) and she had tiny tiny back claws that are useless for defense. She is dumb and stubborn and has challenged other cats and animals in our yard standing her ground not realizing she could get the krap kicked out of her. She is used to being outside and loves the heat. We are moving to a place that is cold at least half the year. And she would have to stay in for months at a time. We can't let her roam free in the yard as we have too many predators that will kill her in an instant. So she's mostly going to have to be an inside cat. Which she won't like at all. She is mostly a good kitty but she doesn't like change. She had some peeing accidents inside. Our new house is almost all carpet except for the kitchen and bathrooms. We can't have her peeing up the house and it's too cold to keep her locked up in the laundry room all day. We were planning on taking her with us but I don't know if that's going to work out too well for her or us. People have put fliers up at work occasionally trying to find a pet a new home and they are rarely successful. Most of our shelters are kill shelters so I won't drop her off there. And I would never abandon her on the street the way we think she was dropped off to fend for herself. I'm not sure if the Humane Society would take her - they only put down if an animal is aggressive or terminally ill. The last time we were there they were doubled up on animals - 2 to a cage - I know she would be traumatized. I know she has the best chance of staying an outside kitty if she stays down here but I honestly think it's highly doubtful she will get an opportunity to replicate the kind of environment she has here. I just don't know what to do. I guess we will take her with us and hope for the best Most of my neighbors here - at least the ones we know enough to talk to - have dogs so that's not an option either. It really makes me

Well I'd better get off my duff and get stuff done. DH will be back this evening and I don't want it to look like nothing got done while he was gone although he found out for himself how much work keeping a house tidy can be while he had one to take care of himself.

Have a good Sunday chicks.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-09-2011 at 11:21 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #52  

Happy
I'll be making my chili later this afternoon.

Just a quick fly by for me. I'm still exhausted, but have managed to clean the living room. I started to tackle my closet last night. Everything is now on the floor waiting for discard or to be put back into place.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #53  

Morning all
Only a short post for now. Will get back to the personals tonight when I get back to the motel.

Happy - take the cat. She will adapt eventually. They always do as long as they have their slaves (you) and are fed. Cats do like routine, but I have taken Sunday to many places and she has managed. You could try putting her in the garage when she wants to be outside. I'm sure with all those out buildings you can find somewhere for her for the time being. All things being equal she should be able to settle down. Most will when they find out that this is their lot.

Gotta go - need to hit the camera shop and see if I can get a battery pack for my camera or whether I need to ring the DS and get it sent down. Then to the airport (it ain't no O'Hare) to pick up a couple of people and then back to the mines. Catch up later.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #54  
Happy September

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY

HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND. ONE MORE DAY TO GO.
I ONLY HAD TWO NUTTY TENANTS RANTING AT MY DOOR.
NOT BAD SO FAR FOR A 3 DAY WEEKEND.
THE INTERNET WAS OUT ALMOST THE ENTIRE DAY YESTERDAY.
I THINK I HAD WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. PALMS SWEATING & FELT DIZZY
SO I STEAMED MY BEDROOM RUG AND DUSTED. I HAVE A MINI STEAMER.
KIND OF LIKE A SMALL UPRIGHT VACUUM FOR SHORT PEOPLE.
GREAT WEATHER OUTSIDE SO THE WINDOWS WERE OPEN AND I TOOK ZYRTEC
NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE. QUIET LIFE ON THE EAST COAST.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD......OH I LOVE THE PICS. THE 2 FROGS HUMPING ARE HYSTERICAL
ALTHOUGH IT TOO ME A MINUTE TO SEE THEM
I DID SEE OTHER PICTURES BUT THOUGHT IT WAS ALL ONE PLACE.
GLAD YOU STRAIGHTENED THAT ALL OUT. I USED TO LOVE WINERIES.
HOPE YOU FIND THE BATTERY PACK.

HAPPY......YES THE OFFICE IS CLOSED TODAY. THE GOVT OFFICES HAVE A LOT OF HOLIDAYS.
I LOVE THEM I WOULD RATHER TAKE THE MEDICAL ALARMS ANOTHER FULL DAY THAN HAVE THE OFFICE OPEN!!
AS FOR THE CAT....I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT WOULD ADAPT VERY EASILY.
I HAD MOVED 11 TIMES WITH ONE OF THE CATS I HAD AND HE DID JUST FINE.
GLAD THE DH WILL BE TAKING HIS PRESSURE AND I BET IT WILL BE FINE ONCE YOU ARE ENSCONCED IN THE NEW HOME.
WE HAVE HAD A FEW "FREAKS" ABOUT FOOD BUT IN THIS PLACE IT'S EVEN MORE UNDERSTANDABLE.
SENIORS ARE PIGS!!!! DON'T LET ME GET INTO THE STUFF THEY DON'T DO ON A REGULAR BASIS. VOMITROCIOUS!!

CEEJAY............YOUR CLOSET SOUNDED LIKE MY BEDROOM YESTERDAY.
HOPE YOU FIND SOME ENERGY TODAY. VACATIONS CAN BE EXHAUSTING!! REST UP FOR WORK

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-10-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #55  
Happy September

FOR ALL OUR LURKING CANADIANS!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-10-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #56  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

16 more work days.

DH made it home safe and sound. In addition to misplacing his sunglasses, he also couldn't remember where he hid his medications so spent a good half hour looking for them last night. I'm going to have to pin trash bags to that boy

We had 4 showings over the weekend. Yesterday I got a call around 10:30am booking a 3:30 and 10 minutes later a showing right after that. I got some laundry done, washed and vacumned floors and dusted. Hopped in the shower at 2:30 with intentions of getting out of the house by 3:10, well ahead of the 3:30 appt. I got out of the shower, had my cover up on and was just about to dry my hair when I hear a knock at the front door and a "yoo hoo, can we come in?". It's 2:50. I poked my head around the corner (my hair is sticking out all over and I look a fright) and I say "You are early". Realtor says - yes, about 10 minutes. I say NO, the appointment was for 3:30. She says it should have been 3pm. I said perhaps but they told me 3:30 - I wrote it down. I told her I needed 15 minutes. They went to look at one of the empty homes down the street. I grabbed my stuff and hustled out of there. I went to dinner - Chinese buffet was not nearly as good as I thought it would be - and then went over and picked up a few groceries as I had over 2 hours to kill. Got home at 5:30 and was putting away my stuff when the phone rang again. Agent wants to show your home in 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????????????? I said ok, left the produce to the side of the counter but told the person on the phone to tell the agent to give a person a little more time next time. I ran around the house turning back on all the lights I turned off when I walked in 20 minutes ago - the house shows better with the rooms lit up. As I pulled out of the driveway both the client and agent came up to me and profusely apologized and thanked me for the short notice. I explained I had just gotten home with groceries after having to be out all afternoon and excuse the stuff on the counter and help yourself to some fresh fruit we all laughed. I realized that this was the same couple that spent 45 minutes looking at our house on Saturday. They spent over an hour yesterday so I hope that is a good sign

The birds are all singing outside - including the mockingbird. The mockingbirds go away in the worst heat of the summer and are with us in spring and fall. With all the songs out there it sounds like a nice spring day instead of autumn. I noticed yesterday some trees starting to turn red in the neighborhood. My sister said the woods are lovely up her way. I think I will miss the fall color season this year - we will be leaving before the colors really start to turn here and the season has ended up in the Wisconsin home and will probably get blown out by the winds up Chicago way on the move up north.

Mel enjoy your 3 day holiday. My brother used to call his wife Columbus. None of us ever knew why. He called their home the Columbus Hotel because she loved to have guests. Sweet memories.

I am glad you survived the Internet outage. It's like having TV - you don't know how much you miss it until it's gone. Hopefully you can catch up today.

Shad I hope you find the batteries you need so you don't have to worry about your pack getting lost in the mails.

I will catch up with the lot of you later. Bye chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #57  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All.....studying all day at work today...test tomorrow morning. YIKES...went to the apple orchard yesterday, got a peck of Fuju apples..yum....a pumpkin for the porch, a spaghetti squash and a 50 cent apple cider slushie...took a two hour break from studying with Curtis to the orchard. Was delightful.

Wish me luck and pray if you are the praying type that I pass the test tomorrow!!!! Thank you in advance for that!!

Gotta get this brain going....

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #58  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Marvelous Monday ladies -

I had such a great weekend!! Amazing what a little warm weather and sunshine will do...not to mention my two favorite sports teams winning! On Saturday, we took the dogs to the groomer, and then went to a nursery and got a bunch of perenials for $1 each (end of planting season clearance sale). Yesterday, we worked in the yard soaking up the warm sunshine, then watched the Brewers and Packers both win! I also made some oatmeal cookies for my dear DH.

I'm sorry I've been AWOL for so many days. Due to the nice weather, I stayed outside this weekend as much as possible. And at work, last week was crazy busy...and I'm sure this week will be worse as 7 or 8 of my reports that need to be done and approved by end of day tomorrow are still "works in progress" thanks to lack of clear direction and system constraints.

I found out recently that with our insurance open enrollment this month (taking effect in January), the HMO plan that DH and I very much appreciate is being discontinued. So we will have to switch to either a PPO plan or a Health Savings Account plan. The literature they've sent out regarding the Health Savings Account plan says that it's designed for those who don't visit the doctor often and who don't take many prescriptions.

Anyway, even the work insanity isn't going to mess with my great mood (not yet anyway).

Annie - You'll do great on your test tomorrow. I just know you will Ace it! It's good that you're able to spend your work day studying. The cauliflower cheese soup with homemade bread and apple pie sounds so yummy. I'm not a big cauliflower fan...but just about everything is better with cheese! The apple cider slushie sounds lovely. I really like Fuji apples, and also Gala apples. I'll be sending you good vibes and prayers for tomorrow.

Laura - I really like the artwork in your hallway (and the hallway lighting)! Very nice! And the photo from Vancouver is lovely too.

Ceejay - Glad you had a nice trip with your sisters. And I hope your weekend at home was relaxing. So nice that your fall colors are beginning. We're just hitting our peak here. Of course, the trees in our yard are still green - they don't drop their leaves until December or January. I really, really love the fall colors, especially when the air is crisp and clean...or even warm and clean like this weekend. Yes, we have 1,000 people in our Information Systems department. We have several VPs and each heads their own pyramid, with a few directors, several managers, and a ton of non-manager worker bees (like me). We work on project teams/groups that include people from all the various IS pyramids. It's hard to explain. But it is amusing when I run into people, and once they find out the company I work for, they'll say, "Oh, I have a friend who works there. Do you know so-and-so?" I just smile and say that I don't even know 10% of the people in my own department, and even fewer in other departments. It's a big company, but my team is great, including the manager, director and the VP. It's a very inclusive company that treats employees very well.

Mellie - A scooter would be a good idea...but the hiking we do is often rough terrain. I had a long talk with my physical therapist, and he said that I don't really have any limitations. As long as I'm not jumping or running or whatever, I won't make my condition worse. HOWEVER, it all depends on how much recovery time I want. If I overdo it (as in hiking or whatever) then I could pay for it in pain for two to three weeks. I would like to walk through a corn maze this fall. They are a lot of fun as you twist and turn and try and find your way out! I'd also like to go to a haunted house, but DH is concerned that there might be crawling or bending over (as there has been in haunted houses we've gone to in the past), and he's not sure it would be good for my back. As for home baked bread...Pillsbury has French Bread and Italian Bread loaves that are REALLY good. Bummer that you missed the TJ's trip. So glad you had a nice fairly quiet weekend. I hope today goes well for you.

Happy - Like you, I'm going to be tackling some cabinets and closets over the coming weeks, though for a different reason. We have a lot of clutter in the house and the reason is that all the cabinets and closets where we could store stuff are full. We're putting up shelves in the basement for things we don't use often enough to take up valuable closet/cabinet space on the main floor or upstairs. Your co-workers who are paranoid of food brought in really do have serious issues! 16 days of work left? 32 days left in TN? So you have a moving date set? That's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you!! It'll be especially wonderful when the house sells prior to your moving! Definitely a very grateful Thanksgiving in the Northwoods. You are really in a dilemna with the kitty. I can understand all your reservations/misgivings about taking her up north. But I do agree with Shad's suggestion. Take the cat. She will eventually adapt. Is there a sunny window in the new house where she can sit and look out when it's 20 below? So glad your DH made it home. Did you ever find his meds? My DH is the same way sometimes. Wow! 4 showings over the weekend! In addition to the other ones! Surely acceptable offers have to be pouring in soon!! Bummer that some of the realtors showed up early and/or gave you ZERO notice! However, it does sound like a good sign that the couple has spent nearly two hours viewing your house! COME ON OFFER! And a good offer at that! You do have a really lovely home.

Shad - Glad you're getting back to normal sleeping hours. Thanks for posting the photos of Drip Rock. It's very pretty. Mellie's photo of the waterfall is especially lovely. Frog rock? Or happy frog couple? Maybe they're displaying how amorous one gets after enjoying a bottle from Frog Rock Winery. Too funny!

Well, time for me to get all this work done. Hopefully I will get what I need from other departments soon.

UPDATE: 9:15 am - Doesn't look like I'm going to get what I need from other departments/teams any time soon. So there went my great mood. Unfortunately, the deadlines still have to be met...so who gets to bear the brunt of the deadlines/pressure? Me? Even though there's nothing I can do to speed up the process. If people would only stick to my requested/suggested timelines everything would be perfect. I'm hoping it will get better from here.

Much love and many hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 10-10-2011 at 10:19 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #59  

Morning all. Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving Day to the lucky and the Canadians who are celebrating these holidays. Unfortunately, I am neither.

The weekend was gorgeous, and I spent a nice amount of time outside enjoying it. On both Sat. & Sun., I was out in the yard cutting back all the perennials so that when all the leaves fall they don't get hung up in that foliage. I've still got the veggie patch to remove, but believe it or not, there are still tomatoes ripening on the vine. So I'm holding off on that for the time being. There's still one flower bed that has daylily and hosta foliage to be removed. I told bf he could mow over it so I don't have to cut it by hand. Other flower beds in the yard are pretty lumpy because they've been built up over the years, so I cut those by hand, but this one is a small bed and relatively flat, so I'm thinking mowing would do the job. We'll see. Bf said he'd enjoy doing that, haha.

Sat. night with my friend was fun. We had dinner and went to see the band. One of her friends said they should try and get me drunk, but he ended up being the one having too much and suffered mightily for it. Now the three of us get to bring up forevermore the fact that he couldn't keep up with the girls, LOL. I, on the other hand, woke up feeling just fine, though after only 4 or so hours of sleep I still felt a little buzzed, heehee. Oh, I do enjoy the occasional visit back to 20-something land.

Saturday & Sunday I also did some laundry. Bf put together our new cordless stick vac and vacuumed several rooms before running out the battery, so he was happy with that. Hopefully he's happy enough to keep on top of the vacuuming given the amount of fur doggy sheds!

Sunday I was driven back home instead of taking the train because my friend and her sis were going on to go to the botanic garden, and I was sort of on their way. I was invited to go with them, but I declined so I could do more yardwork, which I did. After a shower, bf and I went to lunch and then we went to the Skokie Lagoons to take out a canoe for an hour., We were too late in the day for that, so we found a free parking spot near the botanic garden (it's nearby) and walked around a bit to enjoy some of the beauty. I need to get back there again - even though you can still hear the expressway faintly in the background, it's just so peaceful. Bf and I have decided next time we'll drive to the lagoons in the car with the bikes on the rack, park there, and then ride our bikes the short distance to the botanic garden. Hope next time can be next weekend.

I did NOT upload any vacation photos this weekend. Not sure when I'll do that, honestly. Tonight I'll go to an exercise class. I'm sore from all the bending and stooping in the garden over the weekend, so it'll feel good to move my muscles and loosen them up. I'm just going to the Step 101 class. That's about my speed since it's probably been a month since I've done a class.

Another exercise development is that a new gym is opening near the house and one of the membership options allows free guests on an unlimited basis (as long as they accompany the member. Bf, who cancelled his Bally's membership, has decided to join and so I can go work out with him a couple times a week in addition to my exercise classes. One of his friends (who is younger than us and has a family history of heart disease and has been on bp meds since his 30's) will also (supposedly - we're not holding our breath) be joining bf for workouts. Hopefully, between his friend and me, we'll keep bf at the gym often enough to get him strong and fit.

Okay, enough chattering. I will post this and get to personals next time. Except Annie - good luck w/ the exam tomorrow, and, sure, I'll say a prayer too! Everyone have a wonderful day.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #60  

Think I got caught up on my sleep at lest I feel better.
Looks like every one had a good week end.

Annie
I'm sure you will do fine tomorrow on your test.

Michelle
Sounds like you had a busy week end outside. If I would have had the mojo I could have done more things. muself.

Mel
Thank goodness you din't have to work to hard this week end. Enjoy the extra day off.

Happy
Here's hoping that you get an offer on the house. I'm jealous that you only have 15 more working days. Those will fly by.

Laura
Glad you got to do some fun things this week end also.

Shad
Hang in there.

It is back to work for me this week. I've just finished the paper work that I was behind on but think I'll wait abit to do today's stuff.
L. called me this morning to see if I could work for her. She is having some dental work done. Got my closet put back together. At least for now you can see the floor of the closet. Tonight I need to wash a load of clothes and finish cleaning up the kitchen.