Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #16  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It will get way easier. HOnestly, I couldn't have done it with a little one - they didn't sleep, so I didn't sleep and lack of sleep with me means bad decisions. This is only possible for me now because I have some control over my life.
THIS IS MY LIFE. I give major props to the mommas who can juggle small kiddos and take care of themselves. I was just too stressed and we moved several times and went through several deployments. Food and caffeine kept my "mostly" sane, but that's when I put on all my weight. Only now that my kids are 4 and 6, can take care of their basic needs by themselves and at least go to preschool a few days a week...I found the time and energy to take care of myself!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Yeah it can be really hard and I'm not saying I stick to plan perfectly because it is far from it. I mess up and quite honestly sometimes the junk food just helps calm me. I know its bad and I'm working on it.

What's your typical schedule like? Is it the same everyday?
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #18  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I'm a SAHM right now. My oldest is 7 and he's in 1st grade so I'm mostly home for my 13mo DD.

My schedule has been pretty crazy lately since I messed up my sleep rhythms, but usually it's get up at 8am, get DS to school, feed DD, play with DD, nap, feed DD again, wake up DF, play with DD, take DF to work (sometimes), pick up DS at 3:30pm, feed both kids a snack, make dinner, help DS with homework, eat dinner, watch a little TV/play the Wii, then both kids get a bath and in bed by 8/8:30. Stay up until DF gets home at 11:30 then I try to go to bed by 2am. That hasn't been happening lately, though. I haven't been getting much sleep.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #19  

Height: 5'0"

I am a terrible mom in that we don't have a "routine." Meals, naps... pretty much everything is on a "whenever you want it" schedule. I should definitely establish a better routine, but it just isn't part of my nature.

I've been totally off exercise and diet for quite a while now. Need to get back into the swing of things, but just can't find the motivation. My first type of exercise, though, will probably be just walking. I will wear the baby on my back and push the older one in a stroller. I can pretty much do this any time of day, so it'll work out ok.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #20  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm a SAHM!

I have an almost 2.5 year old boy and an 8 month old girl. I'm also a military wife, so my husband is gone a lot. I recently joined the Y so we're able to go in the mornings after breakfast and the kids play in their "classroom" while I have an hour or two to workout. It helps keep me from feeling stir crazy and relieves stress. I hate the expense ($88 a month) but it's worth it to get "me" time. Next spring I'll begin teaching Stroller Strides classes (fitness for moms that includes cardio and strength training) and I am SO excited to have a part time job that will also help me to stay healthy and I can bring my kids along!

Last edited by OhThePlaces; 09-29-2011 at 10:59 AM.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #21  

We don't stick to a strict schedule here either. I mean lunch is at the same time everyday followed by nap time but everything else is pretty laid back. I don't know how anyone that's breastfeeding can have a strict schedule.

What are your goals?

Mine are
-to maintain or lose every week
-eat healthy 90% of the time
-no talking bad about myself
-workout 3x a week
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #22  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm a SAHM to a 4,3, and 1 year old. We're homeschoolers, so it's not changing anytime soon, either

Still breastfeeding the youngest, and yes, very busy. Working out is done on an exercise bike or with a workout DVD before the kids are woken up for the day. I find I have to maintain a pretty strict daily schedule to get everything done and stay on top of chores, cooking, AND caring for myself/my husband. A little discipline with my time has gone a long way
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I'm a SAHM, I have a four year old son and a 5 month old daughter. Staying home is what caused me to gain almost 70 pounds within the first three years of it! I call it my "adjusting to being a SAHM weight". I was stressed by my colicky son and would binge at night to relieve the stress. Also I hardly was out to see people so I didn't worry so much about what I looked like. I went from about 125 to 195.

Currently I calorie count, but have been on hiatus for a few weeks now, first b/c of vacation but now I'm finding it hard to get back on track. My 4 year old is having a rough period and my baby is a heck of a lot of work! I'm finding myself falling back into that 'eating to relieve stress' cycle at night.... ahhh!

I love being able to be with my kids all day instead of having to put them in daycare, but it does get very frustrating at times! For me the worst part is that everything you want/need to do depends on your kids. My husband can know that he eats lunch peacefully at the same time every day at work.... I get to eat whenever an opportunity presents itself, and I have no idea how long I have and most of the time it's interrupted. It's the unpredictability that wears on me sometimes, but still I wouldn't trade it. I just need to work on finding a way to eat healthy no matter what the day throws at me!!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #24  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm a long term SAHM. I have two in school, 7 and 11 year old boys. They are great. I've been looking for a job for a while now.

Anyway, as Berry said, I'm finally able to take care of myself. To all those with babies, I applaud you. I just didn't have the stamina when they were little. Those years were so exhausting.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #25  

It's not that I am not exhausted! Just determined. Motivated on somedays just do it on others. I think I will get more serious about exercise the older he gets but I have to eat regardless so I'm just doing my best to make healthy choices and use portion control.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #26  

Rj- its Sooo hard for me ro get back on plan if I take off anymore than a day. It's such a headgame. It's not really physically hard to get on plan but mentally its a trip.

Arctic mama- do you use a certain program for your kids? I would love to eventually homeschool but my dh is not a fan. I have some time to convince him though!!!