Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 04:15 PM   #16  
Gym'll fix it!!

3 days on my new plan have seen off the extra couple of pounds i gained while being a last week so..no loss to report i'm sure i will do better next week
Pam..glad to hear that you are feeling better Have fun with your Goddaughter tomorrow
I was chopping some kindling this morning and as i picked up the axe..click...i threw my back out uch: what a pain i went on my treadmill but only basic walking..no hill climbing today.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #17  
Gym'll fix it!!

Walked 4 miles today the metal showed a loss this morning..TYPICAL the day AFTER my weigh in i'm not trusting it though its a i'll wait until next friday and hopefully its correct

Pam are you having a good time with the baby? i have'nt got any pic's from my daughter yet..she must be busy i tried to call her today but no-one was home..i'll try tomorrow
Old 02-01-2003, 11:17 PM   #18  
Woman on a Mission

Hey all,

Cathy, you bet I had a good time with Makenzie. She just gets cuter and cuter and busier and busier. She's standing on her own now for about 10 seconds and then she falls on her bum and giggles. Won't be too much longer before she figures out how to move her legs and then look out!

Weigh in today was up...not too scary .8 but I also had Vietnamese last night for dinner so the fish oil may have had something to do with it. Next Saturday shall tell the tale.

Hope you all had a good day. I'm pooped so I'm going to get ready for bed.

Talk to you tomorrow,

Pam
Old 02-02-2003, 09:22 AM   #19  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Valentine's Day is less than 2 weeks away. So far I have not done to well toward the challenge aside from being sick and losing some water weight. Starting tomorrow I am re-challenging myself to get down by Valentine's day... yesterday was dh birthday, took him out to supper, then the kids all came over for cake and ice cream later. Today is my youngest dgs's birthday, he turns one.... so more cake and ice cream. So tomorrow I'll start. My birthday is a week after Valentine's day... so I'll allow myself a treat of cake then but otherwise, I have to start being more strict. I used to have such will power.. course I used to be thinner too , and let's face it I used to be lots of things I no longer am...

Pam, I bet you have fun with your godchild...we just adore having our grandbabies over.. they are so cute and come out with the funniest things.

How is everyone else doing on the challenge... my biggest goal, and its not really that far off is to get under 200 by spring... I know I can do it.. I just have to get serious.... and quit putting things off.. Grandma G... tomorrow I am heading downstairs and climbing on that treadmill. I know once I get started it will be easier each time... I start back to transplanting on the 17th so I will be out of the house each day.. that will also help.

Hope everyone is having a good day, will check in later.

Dahlia
Old 02-02-2003, 09:24 AM   #20  

Morning all,

It's been a busy week. We're spending lots of time organizing and working out details about how the new business will operate.
It's exciting but tough to fit it in while trying to stay on top of my regular job.

The scales made me crazy this week. Of course it could be because I haven't broken my habit of jumping on every day at the gym. One day I went in and it said I was up 2 pounds! I was bummed out all day and then the next day I went on and it was down 6 pounds! I am still hesitant about celebrating since I don't know what to believe. Guess I have to wait for the official weighin on Tuesday.

I went to a great sale at the mall today and bought a sheepskin coat 1 size smaller than I am wearing right now. It was 70 % off and I have always wanted one. I figured it would be good incentive to stay on track. Hopefully it fits before summer

Pam, it sounds like so much fun with Makenzie. I love when they are at that stage and discovering that they can actually move towards the things they want.

Cat, good job on getting rid of those pesky pounds from last week. I feel like I am wresting with the same 5 poiunds over and over and over again. I feel so good when I am losing but somehow I end up getting stuck in a rut. It's like I am exercising just enough to be able to eat poorly. How weird is that?

Grandma, Hang in there! It sounds like we are in the same place right now. I am glad that you keep checking in with us. I know for me it is a lifeline since I know you all understand this incessant struggle.

I am off on a road trip with DP. I am packing carrots and grapes and water to be sure I don't go back to my old chips and licorice for the road.

Have a good few days. I will be gone until Wednesday. Have a good week everyone.

Karie
Old 02-02-2003, 02:18 PM   #21  

Hi guys! I don't know where I have been the last few days, but it is good to see the board has been active! Sounds like everyone is doing really well - and that is great!

I only lost 1 real pound this week, but now I am at a solid 180. I have weighed that 3 days in a row, so I feel confindent about it.

I also am continuing to lose inches. I lost another .5" in my waist and hips this week (nothing in my bust ).

Anyway - keep up the good work you guys!!!!

I will check in tomorrow....

Meg
Old 02-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #22  
Gym'll fix it!!

Meg..won't be long now before you hit the 170's...Yaaayy!
Karie..hope you have an enjoyable trip
I weighed in again this morning and i think i'm winning i'm down 2.5lbs from where i got to and 4.5lbs from where i binged myself to last week hopefully i will stay on the slippery slope to my goal i'm cheating too..i can't follow this plan to the letter as i can't get a lot of the thing so i substitute a lot..i let myself go friday and saturday (hey, a girls gotta live right Pam?) i had two homemade trifles yesterday..a curly wurly choc bar and a mars bar (just because hubby was!) a couple of mint creme cookies and a beer thank god the treadmill is on my side.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #23  
Woman on a Mission

I'm with you Cathy I find I'm tweaking WW more and more too and not trying to obsess about staying within my range. It really stresses me out so as long as I'm within a few of the top of my range I don't worry. I also know this is why my losses have slowed down but I'm happy and I feel good. I seem to be holding steady at 153 and that okay with me. I'm not giving up but I'm going to up my exercise a bit and see if that gets the old scale moving again.

I had a good time Friday night out with my friend even though we both ate too much but hey I don't get to go out very often so I best make the most of it...right Cat ?

Meg, great job. I'm so happy this plan seems to be working so well for you.

Dahlia, you will do it..I know you can. Life's been pretty hectic for you as of late so don't obsess too much about the scale. You are still making healthier choices for you and that's always a step in the right direction.

Grandma G, great job on the exercise. You guys make me look terrible...but I'll catch up to you

Well back to homework. Yah. Karie I know you probably won't read this but I hope you have a safe road trip.

Pam
Old 02-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #24  

Hi guys -

Cat - GREAT job on the weight loss - way to go!!!!

Sammy - do what works for you. I agree - maybe by exercising more and not obsessing about the points you will still lose - and be less stressed.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I interviewed for a new job on Thursday. I lied and said I had a dr. appt. On Friday, 2 of the 3 partners said, "So, I hear you had a dr. appt yesterday. How did THAT go?". I am worried I am going to get fired tomorrow - or laid off. But my husband doesn't think so. They lowered my salary $15,000. They are getting me for a song (at least that is what he thinks). And, he says it is fine if they get rid of me - I would still get 9 months of unemployment - which isn't much less than I am getting now - and be free to look for a job without lying!

I would appreciate good thoughts and prayers that I don't loose my job tomorrow. I am very worried about it. I know that Dan and I would be okay if it happened, but I am still nervous about it.

I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

Meg
Old 02-02-2003, 07:34 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

Meg..don't worry about it even if they know that you went for an interview what can they do about it? they will have to come up with some good excuse to let you go and applying for another job is'nt one of them they can't prove that you were not ill can they? just tough it out i know in England that you have to be given two verbal and three written warnings about your conduct before they can fire you..is there anything like that there?
My Attitude would be "You can whistle Mate!" after what they have done to you.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #26  
Ginny

Meg,, you didn't say you were ill, you said you had an appt.. and you did, it just wasnt' with a doctor of medicine... after the way they have treated you, I'd not worry about what they think.. and I doubt they'd do anything to lose you.. they'd be fools to... they are getting you for a song.. I agree with your hubby.. you are to good for them.. good luck on your interview... sounds like you need a new job...

Did pretty good today considering I had more cake and ice cream.. but only one piece of each, so nowits on to healthy food, I have been doing good in that respect right along.. getting better every day...

good night all, will check in tomorrow...

Dahlia
Old 02-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #27  
Woman on a Mission

Meg,

I know it's easier said than done but really, try not to worry. Dan is right..they've got you for a song and they know that you aren't going to put up with this forever so I'm sure that even if they have figured it out they can't be surprised. Cathy is right, in Canada too they have to have two verbal and three written report before they can let you go. You'll be fine. Be sure to post tomorrow and let us know what's going on.

Night everyone

Pam
Old 02-03-2003, 10:16 AM   #28  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies...i was up really early this morning..could'nt take it anymore my husband's SNORING i mean i spend half the night punching him in the ribs..legs..stomach trying to get him to stop..sometimes i dig him that hard that he wakes up and say's "What?" so i tell him i'm sick of listening to him snoring and he always say's "I don't snore" Grrrr i've got news for him HE DOES. I like the view at this time of the morning..the mountains are black and the sky above them is almost terracota in colour with grey clouds in the sky..it makes it look like a 3D image..really pretty Hope i get some energy to exercise later..right now i can't stop ing.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #29  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Well, here it is not even 11 yet and I am already starving. I had a bowl of cheerios for breakfast at 8, and orange at 10.. now can't wait till lunch.. think I'll have an early lunch and go from there. Oh, yes, I walked for 20 minutes on my treadmill.. it only goes one speed, dh fixed it, well sort of.. it wasn't going at all. and the speed is quite fast, so my legs were like jelly when I first stepped off it but will soon adjust I hope. At least I was moving.

Not much to say. Just thanks for the encouragement from all of you. I have to find my will power and put my stubbornish to work.

ok well hope everyone has an *op* day.. as we take this one meal, one day etc. at a time.

Dahlia
Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #30  

Good morning everyone! Well - good news - I weighed in at 179 today - now if I can just stay there. For the last 3 days I weighed in a SOLID 180, so I can tell I am losing!

I also took my measurements again, and am down 1/2" in my waist and hips each from last week. I couldn't be happier!

I am going to join the gym tonight (if I remember to stop there on the way home from work).

The receptionist called in sick today, so I am the receptionist. I was happy to do it - I knew it would mean that I wouldn't get laid off today. Now, if I can just make it thru tomorrow, I will know for sure!

Meg
Closed Thread