Old 08-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #40

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a hot humid day here in the Heartlnd with isolated T-Storms and a possibility of 30% chance of raining. Not much going on this lazy Monday. I need to plan my weekly menu and that is always a fun thing for me. Don't always stick to it but at least I get the ingredients rounded up to make sure I have the things needed on hand. I also need to get a batch of fresh fruit. All that is in the house is a couple of bananas at the moment. Today for dinner I plan on making Tacos Al Pastor w/ Grilled Pineapple Salsa. We will go to the store after the man finishes adding something to the printer next door at the church office. Since I leave my office closet door open at both ends a bit Beanie doesn't lose his ball in there so the game is not fun for him anymore. Well, it wasn't a game for me ~ just a complete nuisance. He came in awhile ago and rolled his ball under the door then went in the closet and got it and turned around and left the room. I took his fun away. When we leave our offices we have to close the doors or else he is like a cat and hops up on every table and desk surface checking out what he can knock to the floor.

JEAN We are warm and humid also and fixing to get up to 102 this day. I got a good chuckle out of that password. Some folks don't have any imaganition about passwords. I know folks who use their own name. I am probably no better off though because I use the same one that I have always used since I first got on the internet. It is unique and far fetched and I don't think anyone would ever figure it out. Isn't it just like that ticket sale to come along and slow you down. Always something isn't there.

DONNA FAYE Your poor little Fortune just when you get him all straightened out w/ his food and he has an issue. Tactle thing isn't he to graze around licking things. Beanie brings in dirt clods when he can find them. Yesterday he brought in a piece of charcoal brickette Will had dropped and didn't pick up. Now we have black spots on the carpet that won't vacuum up so the cleaner has to come out of the closet and get reved up. And the spots are right where someone coming in the front door would see them if they looked down. Four feet inside the door. You can imagine how clean we like to keep this place for it is like living in a fishbowl ~ Will being a preacher ~ we do need the place presentable for "drop-ins."

Everyone have a lovely afternoon.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It has been a busy afternoon doing some shopping. AH but we are back now in the air condition in the house.

SUSAN I am so glad the smoke is not blowing your way. Sure makes it easier for you to breath. Well, if they don't offer that book on line maybe I could send you the do re me and have you send me a copy if you would be so kind to do so.

Sorry I didn't post that other thread closed earlier. My bad.

Type at y'all later.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #3  

Maggie -- I think your hot weather has arrived here! The humidity shot way up late this afternoon and the 6:00 weatherman is predicting 95 for tomorrow! My air conditioner is ON! I'm glad I don't have to sit in a hot classroom tomorrow! I am getting a perm in the afternoon which doesn't thrill me, but my gal is going on vacation right after Labor Day so it's now or wait 3 weeks. I have used the same password or a form of it since day one. We were supposed to keep changing the one at school be I never did. Bob has to change his every week and has different passwords for different things that he needs to do. I'd never remember them all, but he uses the same ones in a rotation of some sort. I had to chuckle at Beanie not putting his ball in the closet since you left the door open. I need to fold some towels and then I'm heading to bed. See you all tomorrow!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies. It is hot and sticky here and will continue to be so this week I guess. They were predicting a lot of rain and now they are saying no rain at all so who knows? I guess what comes, comes and what doesn't, doesn't.

Please pray for my bil Larry's brother Rick. Rick is an alcoholic bigtime, but is the biggest sweetheart there ever way. Last night I get an email from my sister that he is being rushed to the hospital having had a massive seizure and heart pains. I haven't heard the outcome of all that yet. He is also my stepcousin and lives around where my sister's inlaws live over in western arkansas so we always see him whenever we go over there to visit. I know God can turn his life around but I am not sure Rick wants to give up his booze.

I finished Thomas's first sock yesterday. Whipped it right out yesterday as I only had the cuff and a bit of the leg started. I am trying to finish another audio book that has to go back on Thursday so knitting is a way I can listen and accomplish two things at once! I have part of the cuff started on the second one and pray I have enough yarn as the yarn has been discontinued so can't get anymore. It looks like I will have enough but have to My slipper yarn should be here tomorrow so I can start on them. I will probably work on my sweater at the surgical cent next Wed.

Jack is all anxious because they haven't issued the authorization for the surgical center yet. I told him to wait until tomorrow then call the dr's office and ask Angie, Dr Manugian's nurse to find out when she sent in the request. We have to have it that's for sure. We don't want to pay the surgical center's bill.

I am down a lb so am starting losing again. I have been having a lot of female stuff going on lately so that may be part of the problem too along with retaining water again off and on. Right after the first of Sept I am going to call and make an appt with the dr for the end of Sept and get it all sorted out. I am tired of dealing with all of it.

Maggie: Beanie must be irked at you for preventing him from getting into mischief.

Jean: Glad the church stuff went so quickly yesterday and I chuckled at the passwords too. We use a variety of several like my library one is all numbers, I have some that are combos of names and numbers, etc. For the ones I don't use often, I have pages of stuff typed up and sitting in my computer desk, stuff like my ebay and paypal, account our medical stuff, things I don't use all the time. I just can't remember all of it there is no way. The humana military medical insurance one requires it to be complicated so I rarely remember the ID and password combination so I have to have it written down. No, Jack just works 7-3 instead of 6-2 now, though they may regret that decision with the weather hiking back up and the humidity, which was the reasoning for the earlier hours. I think Jack would like the 4 10 shifts. He liked working them when we had the flooding issues. Frankly, I think he would love to work 4-12, but that isn't ever going to happen because they need the three people that do his job all there on days.

Susan: Sorry you have to wait so long to get back to regular routine, but then you don't want to have a relapse and it may be really long if that happens. I haven't talked to Thomas about his schooling this year, but I know he is making a ton of new friends as he has been putting kids on his facebook friends right and left the last couple weeks. I got a giggle the other day when I saw his name on FB saying, "Thomas is no longer in a relationship, he is single!" I knew he had a little girlfriend but I think she went to the other school and might have been younger than he so maybe he is branching out to older women! Like Jack says, all those girls in jr high will be fawning all over him, he is super smart, very nice, and cute. Just the ticket for a boyfriend. Lord have mercy I can't believe he is getting old enough to be interested in girls!

Not much else going on here. Fortune has been really antsy so I slept downstairs with him last night. He drove us nuts night before last gettting off the bed a zillion times so Jack needed to recoup his sleep.

Have a good Tuesday and hope your weather isn't cooking you where you are! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-23-2011 at 07:35 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is another hot day here in the Heartland. The dogs are at the groomer and Will is working on the carpet. He cleared out all their toys they had scattered around, picked up my lamp and other items off the floor that Beanie had knocked off sometime during the night and now will shampoo out the black charcoal out of it. I just got a FOX news flash that Virginia and therabouts just had a rather large earthquake, 5.9 on the scale. Hope our friend Susan is safe. I am not sure that out on that coast if they build like we did in CA with extra loops in the wire to take the sway that earthquakes do and snap close cut wires like in plugins in the wall. Building codes are different on the left and right coasts. I have been in some rockin' and a rollin' earthquakes in my day. My father took movies of a once flat road looking like ocean waves. It rolls like that and then snaps like a whip and where that whip hits is where the most damage is done.

DONNA FAYE for that pound down. Going in the right direction you are. I know you will be glad when you do get your female problems adjusted to let you have a good month. That must be totally miserable to go through like you have been doing.

JEAN I am going to make that popcorn salad reciepe for the next pot-luck. I have already made up recipe cards to hand out to those who ask, and they will, for the recipe. I know you are doing a happy dance that you are retired and no longer be at school with out air conditioning.

SUSAN I do sincerely hope that the earthquake didn't do any damage to you or your place. Let us know when you are able.

GAIL Busy are ya? Great to have company to keep entertained.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-23-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #6  

Yes, Susan we all hope you are safe though I know Richmond the epicenter is way north of you. Keep safe my friend! Gail, hope your family, fil and father are safe and sound too. I know it shook people up clear up into the northeast so you keep safe and your family too!!!

Last edited by gma22; 08-23-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #7  

Good afternoon, ladies! 80 degrees and sunny but no smoke! A good day.

I see you already heard about the earthquake - 5.9! There was a whole lot of shaking going on but no damage. Sure did stir up conversation though. I'm about 45 miles southeast of Richmond - VA Beach is about the same from me - so maybe a little closer than you thought Faye. I was at work and our building is made to withstand hurricanes - steel and concrete but it sure shook. We are 2 miles from the Surry Nuclear Power Plant but they had no problems that have been reported as of 4:10 pm.

It looks like we may be in for a big storm beginning late Saturday night - Hurricane Irene unless it turns out to sea. They are saying it could be worse than Isabel was 8 years ago and I had water up to my doors during that one. You can bet my car will be left on higher ground and I'll walk home. My neighbor lost 2 cars and we almost lost ours but I saw the water rising in time for my husband to move them. I have plenty of supplies and will get my outdoor stuff into the shed so it doesn't blow around. After the tornados in April, earthquake, I'm getting worried about hurricanes!

Faye, I know you'll be glad to get past your female problems. They are no fun. I know I'm wierd, but I was so happy when it was over and I was still in my late 40s. Yep, before you know it Thomas will be all grown up. They become adults so fast. He'll certainly be a good catch for some girl.

Jean, isn't it lovely not to be thinking about going back to school now that you are retired - and working harder than ever. Thanks for being a volunteer. We all need to do more of that. It's been year's since I had a perm but my hair is so short you couldn't perm it if I wanted to. I just got it cut again Sunday. Miss Clairol and I have an appointment Thursday night.

Maggie, we build for hurricanes, not earthquakes. They are rare here. On the news they said earthquakes on the east coast are felt much farther than CA because the earth's crust isn't all beat up from previous ones. Beanie's just trying to help you!

Gail, I know you felt the earthquake, too!

Have a great evening. I'm having an early dinner and then off to RCQ with Glory.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #8  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been a very long day for me. I didn't sleep very well last night and the TV came on way too early. First I spent my morning in the church office reading magazines with a few phone calls that I could actually answer their questions all by myself! This afternoon I had a perm and it took her 3 1/2 hours!! I about fell asleep in the chair. By the time I got home Bob suggested getting a sandwich somewhere since "no one" has been to the grocery store lately. Who me? My last stop was WM for a few things. I had a MAJOR catastrophe last night!!!!! My iron died!!!!! Of course I still had my old one that the steam part doesn't work any more so I muddled through what I wanted to wear today.

"Gma" -- I will keep Rick in my prayers; it is hard to get an alcoholic to stop drinking if they don't want to. on being another pound down. The scale is going in the right direction! I hope Jack's surgery orders materialize w/o it being a hassle for him to straighten out. I had to chuckle at Thomas being on FB and announcing he is single! He will be a good "catch" for some lucky lady.

Maggie -- Our temperature was only 86 today but the humidty was high. My air is still running! I think people will be surprised at what is in the salad, and most won't believe it is popcorn unless they see you mix it in.

Susan -- I'm glad the smoke was gone today. The earthquake would be scary for sure; I'm glad you were in a safe building at work. Let's hope old Irene heads back out to sea! I must admit I don't miss school even a teeny tiny bit. There are so many new teachers and aides that it wouldn't be the same if I did go back. Sometimes I miss having a more regimented schedule as I find I got more things done at home.

I need to sort through the mail and empty the dishwasher before I head off to bed. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 08-24-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #9  

Good morning to you all. It is overcast and gloomy, hot and humid here. It says we are not supposed to get any rain for at least a week, but it rained yesterday and looks like it could come down any minute today. Weather people DO go to school to learn how to do this, right???

Next week at this time we will be in the surgical center getting Jack ready for his surgery then Thursday the kids will be here for the long weekend. I can't believe it is almost Labor Day already. Where did our summer go? My birthday is in Sept so really looking forward to adding another year....

I finished another Dick Francis book last night and started a Tess Gerritsen book with Rissoli and Isles. I guess the tv show came from her books though on tv Rissoli is single and is married in the books with a little kid and Isles is seriously dating a priest who can decide whether to leave the church or not and on tv she is totally single. This one is a creepy book though and I rarely read that kind of stuff. I need to work on the sock and clean the downstairs. I cleaned the upstairs yesterday though didn't do sheets. Will do them this weekend along with the bedskirt.

My yarn should be here today so I can start on those slippers. I am excited to see how they come out colorway. It will also be nice to have slippers that fit me and then I don't have to wear socks in the house all the time and wear them out. Maybe I should knit myself some socks once in awhile?????

Jean: Well, guess you will have to go to Walmart so you can get you an iron as well as the grocery store now! lol I got miffed at the stocker at Walmart. Jack went for me to get the stuff I needed on Sunday and I told him to be sure and check expiration dates on the ham salad as they were always leaving expired stuff on the shelf. Sure enough and Jack handed it to the lady and said the stuff had expired and that his wife was always finding stuff expired and had accidently purchased expired stuff. "Well, all she has to do is bring it back." Yah, drive across town and back for $3 when all YOU have to do is keep your stock current!!!! I like the stuff because it is cheap on pts for a sandwich. I know, I got the giggles when I saw Thomas had switched his facebook page from "in a relationship" to "single." He is such a hoot. I am looking forward to seeing Jackson next week.

Susan: You are farther north than I thought. I guess it has been a long time since I lived there. I was thinking Richmond was a couple hours away. I know, I have seen Irene barreling along. I keep thinking I hope we didn't screw up by making our cruise in September of next year, but I guess we will just see. I know we are living on borrowed time so to speak because Memphis is directly on a major fault. I can't believe we haven't had any problems. We used to feel tremors all the time when we lived in San Diego.

Maggie: We are shampooing carpets this weekend again. I clean up the vomit as best I can, but his dog treats and stuff have dyes in them and they stain so out the cleaner comes.

Well gals, I best go. I haven't done a thing so far this morning having stayed up late reading that book. Have a great middle of the week! Faye
Old 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bright sunshiney day in the 90's here in the Heartland and all is well. The part is in and the Jeep is at the dealer so lets hope this will be what was wrong with it all along. They will work on it until they get it all figured out. Right now a friend has loaned us a pick up to use until we do get the Jeep back for we told the dealer to keep it until it is back to exact. Hopefully we get it back sooner than later. They have all the equipment to figure it all out down there so they will eventually get it right. Guess it is the process of elimination. I got an interesting recipe yesterday called Cjeesy BLT Mini Sandwiches which the bread part is made from a crescent dough sheet cut in small squares for the bread part. It makes 12 appetizers and what fun to make for company or take to a pot-luck. The insides are made with crumbled bacon, green onions, Miracle Whip, shredded lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes and shredded Jack cheese. They wear a point+ value of 4. Anyway I will keep it and make them one day. Today I am making home made tortillas to use with a BBQ pork taco thingie I am doing this day. We were going to do it yesterday but didn't have the gumption since it was so hot outside. I am going to have Will grill the whole tenderloin and then I can have some of it in the freezer already cooked for a later day and recipe that calls for it. Works for me.

DONNA FAYE Yep the time sure passes quickly. You will be on your vacation trip before you know it and Jack will be all better after his operation.

JEAN Have you purchased a new iron yet? Hope you found one that you like. I have the cutest little travel iron which is a Proctor-Silex steam iron that I use with my sewing things. It would do in a pinch if the big iorn downstairs took a dump.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #11  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another beautiful day in my neighborhood as Mr. Rogers would say! The church office was pretty quiet this morning so I read my book and surfed the recipe sites. We have a meeting with our lawyer this afternoon to update our will. I'd like to get my nails done after that if there isn't a waiting line. I forgot I couldn't go first thing in the morning this week -- didn't plan that very well.

"Gma" -- You know that adding up the birthdays is far better than the alternative! I hope your yarn arrives today and just what you ordered. I did get a new iron last night and boy does it steam! I cleaned my old one from time to time but probably not as often as I should have. While we were in WM we were looking at the thing-a-ma-jiggies for wireless hook-up. We looked around for a clerk to help and none were to be found. There was a young man with the multiple piercings and tatoos also looking in the same area so Bob finally asked him. He was kind enough to share his knowledge and help us. We need to shampoo carpet too. Our's gets dirty from where we plant our feet when we are sitting.

Maggie -- I thought our cooler weather was coming from you! I saw the appetizer recipe and thought it looked good too. I will be buying another iron sometime soon because I always have a backup on hand!

I should do some "picking up and putting away." The clutter just multiplies when I'm not looking . . . or not home whichever the case may be. Have a nice rest of the day and enjoy!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #12  

Good afternoon, ladies! Its a nice day at 86 but cloudy. No smoke again! The fire is now 15% contained and if we get at least 6 inches from the hurricane, it will probably be out. The ships will be moving out to sea tomorrow and the evacuation of Nags head will begin. There is only one way out and that is a bridge so it takes quite a while. They are about 90 minutes from us. If they don't make us go, I'm staying put.

Faye, we go to Richmond to the quilt shops several times a year. It's easier to go there then Norfolk and VA Beach because of the tunnel backups that are frequent. It was a fast moving summer. Yesterday was Memorial Day and tomorrow is Labor Day, so to speak. I'll put Jack's name and Rick's names in the prayer book and chain on Sunday. I just got an email yesterday that Bible study will be starting September 26. We'll be studying Revelations for 10 weeks and then spend 10 weeks on Exodus.

Jean, that was a long time to get a perm! I have 4 irons but I love my Shark the best. I have a Rowenta that was more than $100 that I dislike so it will last a long time. The others are a Procter-Silex and a Black and Decker and are okay. I need an iron that gets really hot and has plenty of steam for my sewing. Not that I iron clothes very often. I'm pretty casual in my dress when I'm not working or going to church and wear jeans and cotton knit tops.

Maggie, I hope they finally get your jeep problems solved. It sure is aggravating when you have to keep going back. Those appetizers sound good. I'll be glad to get the cookbook for you if you can't find it.

Have a great evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #13  

Susan -- I've been watching the news reports on Irene. I hope she will change direction at the last minute and avoid coming ashore. I can't imagine what it must be like to be evacuated. My new iron is a Sharp and I really like it! The one that just died was a Black & Decker, the one before that was an Oreck. Over the years I've probably had most of the brands. I skipped WW today -- no good excuse but just didn't feel like going late to face the scale. I have got to get my act together! I really liked meeting on Thursday better and I hope the leader will go back to that after Labor Day. I will be saying prayers for you that you don't have to evacuate!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies. I am dead on my feet this morning having been up all night with Fortune, again. Looks like he got ahold of something on the deck from the crazy squirrel that gets stuff out of the garbage and drops it, because he has the bacteria stuff again. He only made a couple accidents and all the other times I got him outside, hence the no sleep, but then he did settle down and sleep. I fed him this morning to see how that goes and he is asleep on the couch at the moment and when I let him out a little while ago he just urinated. So, we shall see. I told Jack not to expect anything to be done today pretty much. Like he cares. I will get chores done as always just not the heavier weekly cleaning as I am too pooped.

Jean: I did get the yarn and it is not the greatest quality. I decided to do my pair first so I can see how fast it felts, finished it up and went to sew it up and three different times the yarn pulled apart. I finally got it all sewed up and have started on the second one, but I have to be careful of the stuff. It doesn't seem very well spun. It does have pretty colors though and the vet tech is going to love hers as the pink is definitely pink. Looks like I have a Black and Decker and I like it fine, but I don't do near the ironing you and Susan do so if it steams, I am ok with it. I use it to press clothing that gets wrinkled in the closet and for some craft things and such and that's about it. Jack's dress shirts go to the laundry because he likes them that way and he only wears dress pants that don't wrinkle from Docker so I never have to press pants pretty much. Glad you found someone who knew what they were talking about. We have wireless since Jack has a laptop besides the desktop and like it fine. I detest the wireless printer he bought, but am finding out it is not the printers but something with the computer as the printers will work for awhile then will not print and you have to delete them then re add them again. It is a big pain.

Susan: Fingers crossed that this storm will blow out to sea and not up the coast. I can understand not wanting to venture into Va Beach and Norfolk having to take the bay bridge tunnel. I don't know if it is the same as when we lived there but we found it could be a real nightmare to get through with traffic and such. Yep, remember those days when Jack would be told to hurry and pack the ship was leaving port until the storm blew through. They don't want those air craft carriers at the docks that's for sure.

Maggie: You may not be able to find them there in Hays, but Pillsbury does sell a reduced fat crescent roll as I have bought them at the commissary several times. The recipe sounds fun.

I haven't heard anything more from my sister about her bil's health so don't know what is going on with that other than they were running a bunch of tests. I signed up to take dinner a couple nights before we go on vacation to that friend of Kelly's that is having surgery. She has the most adorable little redheaded girl who is such a doll. She is such a nice young woman and it is awful what she is going through. She have been through boughts of chemo and radiation and now major surgery. Kelly finds the coolest things online and they have a website called "meal train" where you can put in the information of the person who needs meals, how many, likes and dislikes, etc and then there is a calendar for the days to choose from and you sign up for the website then put in who you are and what you will take to them. For Missy, Kelly and another friend are routing all the food to them and they will deliver it everyday. They need food for 6 adults and one child so I am making pot roast, carrots, new potatoes, gravy, yeast rolls and apple squares for dessert. I noticed a lot of pasta takers so I wanted something other than that though I thought about chicken and noodles. I can fix a couple roasts with carrots and potatoes all together with no fuss then put them all in one of those throw away aluminum pans, bag up the rolls and put the gravy in a couple of plastic soup containers I have from getting egg drop soup at the chinese place. The apple squares I make in those pans anyway so there is no worry about getting containers back that way and it won't be much to do it all. I make a killer pot roast, btw!

I bought Jack and I these cool Thermos brand can drink cosys to keep soda cold for vacation. I hate diet soda when it gets the least bit warm and I read multiple reviews about how great they are and how they keep sodas cold for a long time. I ordered a couple from Cafe Press so we could get personalized ones. Jack picked out his and I picked out mine. Here they are. I think mine is so cute. I had a hard time deciding between a funny saying, a grandma one or the knitting and knitting won out.

I guess I better go and get chores done. It is already 9 am. Have a good Thursday today and hope it is beautiful weather where you are today. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 482680305v2147483647_480x480_Front_Color-StainlessSteel.jpg (14.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg untitled (480x480).jpg (57.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by gma22; 08-25-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely day here in the Heartland so far and expected to climp to 104 this day which will make it not so lovely. I don't have any outside chores to do this day so I'll keep myself inside where it is cool. It is Will's day to work at the museum. I may play around again some with my tortilla maker today. It takes a bit of getting used to to make them come out right. I worked on it yesterday with corn tortillas and today I think I will try using the flour kind. I just had fun downloading a couple of freebies for my Blackberry. The Weather Bug and a flashlight. I have the Weather channel already but wanted them both. The flashlight shines through the photo lens and is quite bright. I just saw a sad sight in the news where the dog of one of the Seals that was in that Helocopter that got shot down was laying by the casket during the funeral of his master.

DONNA FAYE Your soda coolers are so neat. I love that pic of that lamb ~ what a hoot. I am with you, I want my diet Pepsi COLD. I don't drink them down fast so never just open a can without pouring it over ice. I am not a fast drinker of coffee either and that is why it is important to me to have my thermo container that keeps the beverage hot to the last drop. I am so sorry to hear your little pooch isn't feeling well and caused you to lose sleep. He is like a little kid and you have to do that but I can still feel sorry for you at the same time I feel sorry for your dog. OH, the boys are in here sitting so cute begging for a doggie bone. I break them in half and each gets a piece. They are the small bones but I still break them in half. I will certainly look for the reduced fat crescent roll dough sheet when I go to make the little sandwiches.

JEAN Hopefully your WW leader will start up the Thursday meetings and you can go then after Labor Day. I know it isn't all about the leader that we have to do this for ourself but a good leader sure helps down this road to thin. I did some searching on line for a travel iron and I think they have one that I can get locally at Home Depot that has a metal foot instead of that non stick kind that melted on mine. A whole area the size of a quarter has peeled off. But since I had it cooling on my glass table maybe some chemical got on it somehow to cause that damage. That is the only thing I can imagine that happened to it. It is a mystery what caused it ~ for it looks like it came from the inside of the iron through a couple of the steam holes. I just don't know.

SUSAN I would really appreciate your getting that book for me for it hasn't shown up on the web as of yet and you are probably right that it won't. E-mail me what do re me you need please. They do offer a lot for those of us who use the web though. Lots and lots of snackey stuff plus all those program helps. I hope you are all battened down and safe from that storm out there on the coast.

GAIL Still doing fine are ya?

Have a great day Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-25-2011 at 12:32 PM.