Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #16  
Most boring housewife.

Fly hag! When will you learn?
You should go on my method. I just napped, now I will wait for DD to call and I will pick her up from school. She has early dismissal because it is midterm week. While I am waiting I will listen to my BORING book on tape. It is some Belva Plain tripe about ....I don't want to put you to sleep. I am running out of books on tape.
I just put a huge pot of water on the stove because the humidity in my house is 25%. This means something has broken, doesn't it? This is probably why I am so cold.
Bagzie, you must be freezing! You too Kiwi. I can't stand this.
The worst part is that we have NO SNOW.
Now I really am off to do something, other than bore all of you.
bye
Old 01-23-2003, 12:18 PM   #17  

Amazing. You know, I don't believe I've ever been in a spat on the internet. Not even when we had the Canadian-Yankee wars. Of course, I'm out here on the frontier, so I could stay neutral. And we all know I'm neurotically passive.

Lush, have you listened to every book on tape in your library? I just got my library card out of hock, so I'm in hog heaven with all the books, & cd's.I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird again, and a book I read a long time ago, The Wheel of Fortune . I have my name on the list for Atonement . I should get some of these on tape so I'd actually accomplish something.

Since you're all giving your weather reports, it's beeeeuuutiful here today, clear blue sky, temps in the lower 50's.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #18  
Most boring housewife.

Wabby, I don't know why everybody thinks you're so nice. It is about 57 below zero here. Thanks for telling me how nice the weather is there. Now that I'm moving, it is better, but not great. I'm doing the boys' rooms today. Horrors. I know that I should just shut the door, but what do you do when they have company? I don't want everyone to think I'm a slob.
Did you see that Dahlia deleted her nasty message? How boring.
Now I'm going back to face my jobs. I'm moving on to next son's room.
bye
Old 01-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #19  

Well if you think that's mean, Lush, my sil called to whine because her ac is not working on her car and it's over 80 degrees in Phoenix. Whaaaaaaaaa. Can you believe this is the same planet??? Actually I've heard that NJ really isn't. The same planet, that is.

Don't let those boys have company until they clean their own room. Be careful or you'll raise the same kind of heathens that I have.

Peaches, I want you to go back and look at that sad face on Dahlia's last post. Shame. Shame.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:08 PM   #20  
Most boring housewife.

Yeah, she is really mean, isn't she?
Wabby, if I had a gun on them, they would still just ignore me and shove everything under their beds.
Where's Sugar. I happen to know she's online and she has not posted. This isn't right.
Must return to jobs.
bye
Old 01-23-2003, 02:59 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
..Speaking of which, I got an email from Old Navy today announcing that the now sell stretch jeans. Why would they send such a thing to me? ..
Oh, that's nothing, Lush. I got a pamphlet in the mail a couple of weeks ago from the retirement home/assisted living center where my parents live encouraging me to apply.

Now, DD's PT will be the perfect opportunity for you to go to Curves, Lushbabe. Click here for their lovely website. Personally I wouldn't spend the money, but then I am the world's finest skinflint. Even so, I spent $75 on exercise videos and if I ever get off the computer, I will get my money's worth out of them.

I can't watch American Idol because it's too cold out. Figure that one out. Our satellite system (big dish) gets frozen up when the temps are below about 20 deg F. We can still move it, but it won't change polarity, which means we can only view every other channel. Fox happens to be on odd channels and we can only view even ones on that satellite. So I am following The Bachelorette instead.

I'm just so thrilled that Marcella has seen fit to let me call her by her new nickname Chella, that I don't care if she is a figment. Although I'm sure she couldn't be anything with food in its name such as "fig"ment.

Good grief, did you say lower 50's, Wabbit? I think with the wind chill here it is almost in the minus 50s!!!! The actual temps have been below zero for several days. Yesterday it is was 12 below in the early evening, and the wind started kicking up. Our bedroom was absolutely like ice.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 01-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default hmmm

Since Dahlia had already deleted her messages when I started reading posts today, I seem to have missed the point of all this unpleasantness. But you know, I'm sure Letty and Chella are perfectly capable of standing up for themselves (although possibly not standing up by themselves, certainly not in this wind). I can't see the point of driving away new people for sport. I like new people.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #23  
fatter than U

Default Where does it say I'm on line?

Am I blind? Didn't there used to be a little sign or something?

Can't think of a thing to post, except that we had lentil soup for dinner. Legumes rule.

Oh, and I'm sending that wecipe...I mean recipe!...to Wabby right now! Better late than never.

I think I should go to bed before I bore you all to death. I may even exericise tomorrow. Was half-dead all day to day because something compelled me to stay up until 1 a.m. when I knew I had to get up at 6:30. June would have horse-whipped me. Remember all those sleep deprivation diatribes?

So everyone who's anyone is going to Curves now? We have some place nearby called "Elan" but it looks too snooty (and too expensive) for the likes of me.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #24  
fatter than U

Have just located the online thingy, but it says I'm offline? Is that because you can't see yourself on line?
Old 01-23-2003, 03:44 PM   #25  
Most boring housewife.

Sugar, you can't fool me. I know where you are and what you are doing. I'm clever.
Kiwi, we didn't chase a new person away. She was mean to us.
Well, actually to Peaches, not to me. She said something nice to me. I guess it is because I'm nicer. She accused her of posting on Marcella's thread purposely and ignoring Brattie's thread. We all know that Peaches would naturally gravitate to Marcella's thread, though we don't know why.
We didn't chase Brattie away. She's new and she likes us. Doesn't she? She likes me because I'm interesting and talk on and on about cleaning. I mean, really, what could be more fascinating than my day to day progress doing mundane, boring tasks? To make it more interesting, I name each job and report on my progress on each individual job. Boy, it must be gripping for all of you. Maybe that is why Sugar doesn't stop by when she is online.

Please tell about dd's concert.

I am going to make serious chicken for dinner. I'll go do that now without detailing every step. Thought I'd cut you guys a break.

Oh and thanks for the book names, Wabby. I will see if they are in the book on tape system.
bye
Old 01-23-2003, 04:05 PM   #26  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i like new people toooooo------you would not believe how much i miss June,Dusty and her best friend Data,and the thong twins from the deep south{Cookie and ???}---oh yeah---i really miss Muse Touched Mary and CRAZY MAMA!!!!!! TOOOOOOOOOO--hhshhshhs hhs hhs
Old 01-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #27  
Most boring housewife.

Muse Touched Mary! I forgot all about her. What a hoot!
I did like Crazy Mama. I always felt she was someone I knew and LOVED...eh, Bagzie?
Old 01-23-2003, 04:28 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

You mean Hootchie Mama? She was the one that posted hilarious poems, wasn't she?

Muse Touched Mary was indeed a little nuts. She sent me one of her friends. The woman moved in a couple hundred miles from me and had twins. We icq'ed a couple of times.

Then there was that Barb that worked in a paper plate factory. She was very scary.

DD was fabulous in the variety show, as you can imagine. She and her friend sang a song by Hoobastank called Running Away. DD played the guitar of course. I have it on tape.

Kiwi
Old 01-23-2003, 04:38 PM   #29  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I remember Barb very well. Born again Christian who preached CONSTANTLY yet interpreted my email address, an abbreviation of my name, to stand for "jerk off" and that was funny to her. Scary to me.

It is/was/etc not my attention to drive new people away. I like them too. But mean people are mean people and make other people feel bad. And you know if wasn't really me who felt bad. If my feelings had been hurt, I would've stayed away. But she did not hurt someone's feelings and that person didn't deserve it.

However, let us remember the posts about the specific ages women should bear children. I was offended by that. Got over it. But she kept being mean.

I'll have the chicken soon. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:40 PM   #30  

Oh she knows when you are sleeping, she know's when you're awake, she knows when you are good or bad, so be good for goodness ssssssaaaaaaaakkkkke! That's our Lushie, Sugar, you just can't hide from her.

I miss Lola, LOL, LOL, from Texas. And I really do miss Frappe, I think it was Lush's cleaning lists that finally drove her away.

I'm hungry. It's 1:45 here and I have not had lunch. Can you believe that????

Sugar, Curves is definitely not snooty. In fact, I often times feel I'm overdressed for the place. In a pair of sweats and a t-shirt.
Closed Thread