Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #46  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Silverbirch, hope the fair wind caught ye as well and took ye to a fine night's sleep and a fair dawn o' day 8!

Huzzah also to Rosinate and JJJ2!

Tess/Am be on Day 10, can't say yesterday was stellar at just under the wire but t'was goodly. Did buy a new scale, says the same thing the old one does so probably it IS the one true scale.

We'll see.

I have to go to a meetin', did walk in park for two hours with a neighbor and did do abs and have been realizin' somethin' 'bout my activity level (non exercise, I am great at exercise but mayhap need more lifestyle since leaving my last job, we'll see)!!!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #47  
Happy Member

Silverbirch - Hope you got a good night's sleep and are off to a great start today.

Rosinate - Keep streakin' -

Tess/Am - A new scale always is makes for a positive start. Now you know where you are!!!

I'm off to a great start on Day 9 of my personal challenge. I did some more decluttering at our church, and even bought some beautiful veggies at the market on the way home.

Let's stay positive.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #48  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

JoJoJo - decluttering and veg are both great! They both make me smile!

Rosinante - streak onwards!

Tess/Am - life keeps on turning, I find! New work, new or tweaked lifestyle. Those scales - not ganging up on you, are they?

It turned out to be a bad night's sleep, friends, which is so unusual for me. The SO woke early and I couldn't get back to sleep as my insides felt funny. They have been jammed up for a few days, either because this streak does not suit them or because of lack of proper exercise. So, as I am now cleared to run by the physio, I did a little bit and was rewarded by ravenous hunger and a burst of energy. All good, in my book. We'll see about the insides. I may have a small bowlful of muesli in the am.

Edited to add that I've kept to the letter but not the spirit of the parameters today. I think I may have to tweak my streak as something is up.

It will be Day Eight in less than two hours.

Last edited by silverbirch; 07-27-2011 at 05:09 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Silverbirch, tweak be the name o' the game in streaks, IMO. Glad ye could get a run in.

Yea, the scales don't like me lately but feelin' more sure o' self in that regard today and am callin' it good at 1610 cals for today as likely goin' to bed early and don't think I'll need to eat again.

My eating day turns over at midnight to accomodate my late meetings so if I have to eat, will eat then but no meetings tonight.

JJJ2, been doin' veggies and decluttering also today, woot! Not a veggie person but findin' more desire for 'em lately. Ye are doin' fantastic. Streak on.

Rosinate, huzzah! Have a good night.

For moi, ON TO DAY 11, woot on that.

I will be doin' another 14 day streak following this one and am already makin' some killer plans for success in a few areas.

I bought a new Kindle approximately a week ago and it is my reward for this round of the challenge and will get myself something else for the next one.

Is anyone else thinkin' o' a tangible reward for successful completion of a 14-dayer?

Film at 11.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #50  
Happy Member

Silverbirch - Tweaking is often necessary in order to obtain the desired results. So tweak away.

Rosinate - Keep streakin'

Tess/Am - A kindle is a lovely reward, no matter what the occasion. Hope your day 11 is going well.

Day 10 for me, and I will be meeting friends for lunch at a local restaurant. Eating out always is a bit of a challenge for me in the eating department, but I vow to do my best. That's all we can do, really.

So let's make today a positive one.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, JJJ2, I find restaurants challenging too re the weight management. Yea, we can but do our best.

I recently found Subway's egg white, steak and cheese muffin melt at 180 calories. Had that a few times in the past two weeks, not fancy but nice in my new lifestyle of going to malls sometimes.

Woot!

Huzzah to Rosinate and Silverbirch!

Day 11, working tonight. Just got home from store.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #52  
in development

Briefly. Second training run with DB went v well. Ate a lot today. The two are linked. Food will settle down so am not concerned.

Love to all. Tess/Am - your new work sounds a bit challenging. Is it market research?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #53  
Empress/Queen

Kudos on second training run, Silverbirch.

My current work involves some work on contract for a muncipality where I used to be a reporter. I have left the journalism field, just recently, going through some paradigm shifts.

Woot! Whatever, I know I will stay within parameters, so why do I fret lol.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-28-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Day 12 for moi, huzzah! Feelin' great!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 AM   #55  
Empress/Queen

Day 13 but not fully day yet lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #56  
in development

Day 11 here. Still eating a lot as I get into my new exercise regime.

Over the 10 days of this streak, I've tweaked the emphasis on lowish carb to getting back into running and properly operating digestive system. I'm pleased with how the 14-day period has helped me to see that development.

Today is a day off and I'd like to sort out the herb patch and go running.

to Tess/Am, JoJoJo2, Rosinante and all those who call in.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #57  
Happy Member

Hi, Everyone - this is day 12 for me.

Rosinate - Hope things are going well with you.

Silverbirch - That's great that you are finding your successes in your personal streak. We each have to find our own path.

Tess/Am - Today is a day of no fretting! Remember that.

Let's make today the best of all possible days.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, friends Silverbirch 'n JJJ2 and Rosinate! Woot!

No frettin' it be, JJJ2!

Silverbirch, thanks for sharin' what the streak period has accomplished for you.

Mine has helped me get into a no binge because of the work/stress excuse and just generally helped me control calories so whether or no the scale is the one true one or the evil lyin' one, I am going to do another 14 dayer that will start on Monday.

This one will be a doozy, with a whole list of goals but the same basic premise that if I mess up, there is no going back to do the count over.

The operative word for me is what I CAN and DO accomplish in 14 days, doing the count over as I have tried to do in the past in these challenges does not work for me and is negative.

I used to be a very negative person but am trying to stop that because that is what got my original weight up to what it was decades ago and that is what can put me back there if I let it.

So constant vigilance and one of my rules is being tested this weekend. I need to regularize my work schedule better. So I will not work past noon on weekends.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #59  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I'm still streaking! Can't remember what day I'm on though.

My initial commitment - no snacking and a daily walk - were quite modest but I'm glad I made them so, because at least I'm starting to remember what success feels like.

I've gradually modified though: for a while I was adding a large bar of chocolate to every meal, because it was the dessert part of my meal. (I very rarely eat dessert normally).
I've taken that out of the equation.

My portion sizes were enormous, and they never usually are, so I'm working now at making that a permanent 3rd leg: no snacking, a daily walk, no pigging.

Tweak'n'streak.

Good luck to all other streaklets.

edit to add: I'm on Day 9.

Last edited by Rosinante; 07-30-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #60  
in development

Rosinante - Tweak 'n' Streak is brilliant. You'll remember that "Take two bottles into the shower??? I just Wash 'n' Go" advert. It's very positive and forward-looking.

I'm thinking about adding "Eat all food slowly and sitting down". It's a Beck Diet Solution idea (board here on 3FC) and I've found it very powerful in the past. It's got away from me a bit recently.

I had a good run/walk today - third this week.

Love and strength to all.