View Poll Results: Did You Get A Flu Shot This Season?
Yes. I Do Every Year 1 10.00%
Yes. This Was My First One 1 10.00%
No.I Never Get One 7 70.00%
No. But I'm Planning On It 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Thanks for posting on the bio page Lisa!!! It just helps get to know you better!!!! Hospice training went well tonight, all of the staff is so nice, I really feel comfortable around the whole group. After training, I'm not to sure how long they wait before they set you up with your first patient and family. Hopefully I will be able to handle the emotional side of it.

Sher: Give ol' Drew a BIG hug from me!!!! What a sweetie!!!! His Mama raised him right!!!!! Your day today sounds like how it usually is around here during the winter months. Give some of these people one snowflake and all of a sudden we have cars aiming for each other or anything within hitting distance. When I can, I try to stay off the streets.

Guess what????? I have to go in next Thursday for jury selection......I believe it will be just an old boring civil case.... Nothing juicy that I can report back to you after it's over.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:10 AM   #17  

Talking

What a wonderful warm welcome! Thank you Sherry, Shelley, Gayle and Lisa. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and all of the rest of the Floozies. I feel like a Floozy already (don't tell my dh).

Sherry, the snow story is unbelievable. You must be very proud of Drew. My dh's best friend lives in Thomson Station (do you know where that is?).

Gayle, as far as special talent, I'm practicing up on my hula and play a mean ukelele too! Sign me up for the cyber party. I'll bring low calorie, non fat Mai Tai's and Maui chips. PARTY!

I work full time as a paralegal at an entertainment law firm in Los Angeles. Fortunately, my office is very family friendly so I am able to take time off as needed for kid stuff (field trips, school meetings, etc.) I'm married to a self employed contractor who has a flexible schedule as far as picking up the kids etc. which is an added blessing. I work out at lunch time as often as possible at a gym near my work. I have been doing the precor for 25 minute warm ups and then free weights, and floor exercises. Sometimes I do a 45 minute spinning class which is a killer! As I mentioned in my first post, my problem is quantity of consumption...I do a lot of stress eating. So I have decided to take control and get rid of the excess baggage I'm carrying around. Although I didn't work out today, it was a successful day for me...we went to lunch at a nicer pizza place for a birthday lunch and I ordered fish (can you believe it was on the menu?).
I'll be chattin' with ya.
Jeanne

Last edited by Maui Wowie; 01-17-2003 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:52 AM   #18  

Hi Everyone....

Welcome !!! Welcome!!!!! to the new Gals here. You will love everyone here. Great bunch of gals and funny as all get out.

Well....haven't been here b/c all you know what has broken loose over the fact my brother made my sisters and i benefeciaries.
It has devastated me tremendously b/c they are taking away the fact we have lost a loved one. Or let me put it this way maybe I am the only one in the family who is grieving over a loved one.

Greed is the route of all evil and I would never have thought that my dad who be so vengeful. It is not our fault that my brother did this and my dad is the one who turnt his back on my brother years ago and never resolved the problems.

Well got to jump off and get back kids just walked in.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:41 AM   #19  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

Welcome Lisa!!! Welcome Jeanne!!!
You couldn't picked a better group to hang around with. Hope you find all the love and support you need to reach your goal.

As I look out my back door this morning, the snow is beautiful. We got alittle more than 9 inches and it's breath taking!!! Yesterday was a nightmare though. I waited in town for hubby, so we could follow each other home. After trying 6 different ways to come home and 7 HOURS later, we pulled in our driveway stressed to the max but unharmed. So much for getting off work early...LOL.

Sherry.....Bless your heart, having to stay at school that long. I hope they know, what a great employee they have. When they called school off, I was out of there in 30 minutes...LOL. Didn't go anywhere fast though. Give Drew a big hug, he's such a good kid.

Vicki...I'm sorry that your brother pasting , as brought you even more grief. Death should bring families together, but I see this happen alot. You are still in our prayers.

Love to all my floozie Friends..Come on down to Tennessee, we'll have a snowball fight. LOL

Debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 01-17-2003 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #20  

Can the missing Floozie come back now???????
Hey everyone, sorry to be gone so long. I really need to get back here where I know I will find love and support.

First of all, I want to welcome Lisa and Jeanne. Your decisions to join our little group were good ones. This is the best place on earth for unconditional caring and support. You will love it here. I also want to welcome Doni back......glad you found us again.

Ok, here is the whole long story. Last week, we talked and talked to Dan and finally convinced him that his best option is to go active duty in the Army(he's in the national guard). Since he won't be able to drive for a year and won't be able to afford insurance for 3 years, he could join for 2 years, save his money and he wouldn't need a vehicle on post. So we pulled some strings with our law enforcement friends and got a private hearing in front of the judge. He pleaded guilty to the DWI, they dropped the suspended liscense charge and let him pay his fine. He was supposed to go to the recruiter that afternoon, but he and his dad got into an argument and said some really unkind things to one another. He has moved out and is living with a guy he works with. He is not going to go active duty and I haven't seen him since Monday morning. The strange thing is, it is almost a relief that he moved out. I hope that doesn't sound terrible. He told me his is 20 years old and it is time for him to grow up and make it on his own. Well, he may be 20, but he is still my baby. My emotions are on a rollercoaster.
Wednesday night I got home and my dog couldn't stand up or use his back legs. So, here I go getting hysterical again. I loaded him up and called my sister-in-law(She's our veterinarian). I was so afraid she was going to put him down, but it turns out he has a slipped disc in his back! I guess he gets that from his human momma! He is on steroids and is getting better each day.

This morning I awoke to find my face completely swollen and bright red. The front of my neck is covered in big red splotches that really hurt. At the rate things are going, I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!!

On a brighter note, Ben called and his commander told him he will be leaving Montana in March for the bright lights of Washington D.C. He will be working with a Secret Service detail that will do advance bomb sweeps for the President. Since it is an election year, he will be traveling constantly in the states and also all over the world. What an exciting thing for a 21 year old to do!!!!!

So, there you have a "brief" overview of everything that has been happening. This is so long, that I will come back in a bit and post to everyone individually.

TaTa For Now,
Ramona
Old 01-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #21  
Losing it!

Sher & Deb, glad you survived the snow and your bundled up safe & warm at home!!!!!!! Enjoy your day off!!!!!!!!!

Lisa: I gorgot to tell you: WEIGH TO GO!!!!!! CONGRATS ON LOSING THIS PAST WEEK!!!!!

Jeanne: Sounds like you have a very exciting life with chances of meeting exciting entertainment personalities along the way! We are happy to have you here & welcome you with open arms! BTW: If you happen to run into George Clooney, give him a big ol' smooch from me!!!!

Ramona: BLESS YOUR HEART!!! I bet part of your hives can be caused by streess from the past month of events. I'm sorry to here that Dan moved out, but you as a parent can only do so much. I was happy to hear that Ben did not get deployed..... so, is he wearing the cool sunglasses yet?

Vickster: I know this is a stressful time for you and no one really has the answer to why people act the way that they do. I believe we all grieve but in different ways. I am sure your Father is grieving too, but on the outside looking in, it may not appear that way. Grief is an ongoing process, after a while, it may not hurt as bad, but we still grieve to some extent. My Father passed away in 1986 and I still have family members that do not speak to each other, I am sure partly to greed and bereavment. Know that we are hear for you!!!!

Doni: WHERE ARE YOU????????

Dee: Have another umbrella drink for me!!!!!!!!! I bet your freezing there???? Only in the mid 80's today????

Shelley: Looks like we will be having a party for the missing chickey when she gets back!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorting through the strippers later today!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 12:30 PM   #22  

Mornin'

We have exactly 7 1/2 inches of snow laying out there!! Which is a LOT for Nashville!!! When I was growing up, we did have pretty big snows....but not in a LONG time!! I'm going to do a few things around the house & then just lay around and relax today!!

Vicki~~~~~~I'm so sorry to hear about how your Father is showing his butt over money! But sometimes we all learn the hard way. Just continue to show your love for him and enjoy YOUR inherintence.That's what your brother wanted or he wouldn't have done it. Don't feel quilty about it. Take care hon...you're still in my prayers.

Ramona~~~~~~ Oh sweet darlin'.....Bless your heart! Your face is red & swollen from stress!!!! Your Son is GROWN now and he needs to learn to grow up! I know it's so hard and I keep asking myself how I would handle all this if it were Chris (who will also be 20 next month). Don't let Dan drive you crazy and remember that he won't be gone forver! He'll call you real soon! Try to stay calm and please don't get too stressed over it.You have went too many miles out of your way to help him and he knows that!!!!!! Also.....WTG on the news from Ben!! Wow....how exciting that will be!!!! Keep us posted!!!! Thanks for posting.....I was worried about you!! {{ hugs }}

Gayle~~~~~~When exactly is Dee's b/day? I went to her profile and she didn't write it! I KNOW it's this month...but when? Her b/day invitation says the party is Jan.24th. Is that her b/day??? BTW: "Hot Damn" is a cinnamon drink that you do shots with.Will kick your butt...they say! I have decided to bring this AND 100 dollar bills to share with ya'll!! It's for the STRIPPERS that you're bringing!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley~~~~~~ know that I ask a lot, but is your tummy all better now? You haven't posted a lot lately and I was kinda worried about you. Just busy working huh? How is School going? Hope you're doing ok and I'm lookin' forward to Dee's cyber par-tay!!!

NEWS FLASH***** While I was posting, I received a phone call from our Principal just checking to make sure I got home safely last night AND to thank me for hanging in there with her last night to make sure all the children got home safely! Ahhhhh.....wasn't that sweet???!!!

Ok...back to posting!

Debbie~~~~~~I 'm sorry that it took you so long to get home yesterday but 'm happy that you made it safely! Did we pray for THIS MUCH though????!!! We've been wanting snow but never dreamed we would get so much!! Well, since we were already off Monday for MLK day, we ended up getting 4 days off!!! AL-RIGHT!! No School until Tuesday! I can live with that!! LOL!! Maybe in the a.m. I'll be able to drive to CURVES and workout! Hopefully the roads will be better by then! I already miss it!

Jeanne~~~~~~ I'm so glad you're a FLOOZIE now!! Heck no...we won't tell your hubby!! LOL Did you say FISH at a pizza place?????!!!! Hey...your job sounds so exciting!! Wow...a Paralegal at an Entertainment firm! Do you know several entertainers? Who all do you get to see? As you've probably read, Debbie & I are also (besides working at the School) private suite attendants at the stadium for the TN Titans.We get to see a lot of celebrities too but mostly ONLY country singers. We can't get autoghraphs or we will lose our jobs. About your weight........YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL!!
Oh and by the way: YES!! I know exactly where Thompson Station is!!!! Been there too!!

Lisa~~~~~~ WEIGH TO GO ON 2.4 LBS!!!!! You go girl!!! I laughed so hard at your post about you checking with the law to make sure you don't have to be a green bay packer fan!!! You are tooooooo funny!! About being a paramedic...it sure takes a special person like you to do it because once I saw a hurt child, I would absolutely lose it!! It's people like you that we should salute to daily!! Thanks!!

Jennelle.....Carol.......And~~ Doni~~~~~~Where are you??? Come out where ever you are and POST!! Are you playing hide & seek??? We miss you!!!

Has anyone head from our other two floozie that's missing in action? They are Wanda & Debyj?????

Dee~~~~~~WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!! I hope you're having a **** of a good time BUT hey....it's time to come back now!!!! By the time you have a drink on each one of us, we'll never get you back off that beach in 80 degree weather!!!!!!!!!

Ok...All of you with DAUGHTERS.....I don't know how you do it!!! With raising only BOYS.....how do you survive the hormone changes.....mood swings....etc.!! That's what my Aunt is going through with her 15 yr. old! You all must be a SAINT!! My Aunt is thinking about putting HERSELF into a mental hospital!! LOL!!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.....if so I'm sorry!

Going outside and help the neighborhood kids build a SNOWMAN!!

Have a GREAT OP day......and don't forget to exercise!!!

Love to all,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 01-17-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:23 PM   #23  

I CAN'T STOP EATING TODAY!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??????

Okay, now that I got that off my chest----

Sherry-Bless your heart!! What a wonderful person you are, but I knew that already!!

Ramona-Please know that I am thinking of you. Just remember: this too shall pass!!

I think we all need a group hug right now!!
Old 01-18-2003, 12:06 AM   #24  
Losing it!

Sher: I know Dee's party is February 1st....not sure on the birthday! I found out the hard way....never ever mix bloody mary's with hot damn shots!!! Happened years ago, but lets just say that I was in bed way before midnight on new years eve!!! I was just watching a show tonight about some medical examiners in Nashville, they said that you guys average two murders a week?

I too have a hormonal daughter, but I feel sorry for hubby! We have an all female household with PMS and hormones raging...even the animals are female. Some days if I was Steve, I would just drive on by and never stop!

I hope everyone has a super weekend!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #25  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay, my Nashville Floozies, tell me, how in the world did the ENTIRE state of Tennessee get covered in snow and NOT ONE SINGLE FLAKE stuck here in the Memphis metro area? If I drive 30 miles north, east, or west, I'm in a Winter Wonderland. What is UP with that?

Hormones...try having hormonal girls in your classroom! I have girls I can set my watch by with their PMS.

I'm doing fine on the weight loss front....BFL is working well, but I'm getting bored with the workouts. I think I want something more! (Did I tell you girls that my goal is to run a 5K in September?)
Old 01-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #26  

Jennelle.........

Yep......The whole state of TN STILL has snow!!!!!!! And I think we're suppose to get MORE next week!!!! It has been YEARS since we have had this much!!! Sorry you didn't get any there in Mississippi but I'm willing to share!! BTW: Where exactly are you? Between Memphis & Ms? I have a good reason why I'm asking but don't have time to post it all now.I'll fill you in all the details maybe tonight.

Gayle.............My invitation that Dee sent had Feb.1st ALSO!! Sorry...I was looking at the R.S.V.P date!!! Duhhhhhhh!!! Guess I should have read it better!!

Shelley..........STOP eating non-stop!! LOL!! It's ok....We ALL have bad days like that!!! Today is a NEW day so just get back OP!!! You can do it!!! Hang in there girl!!

Cleaning house.........Will post more later!
Have a great OP day!!

Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #27  

Guess I might as well start a new thread before my break from cleaning house is up!
Old 01-18-2003, 12:30 PM   #28  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go To #82.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread