Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Nothing but Jubilation in July for the Worldlies

Here's an old Monkee's hit to get out Holiday party off to a great start!!

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings
The six o'clock alarm would never ring
But it rings and I rise wipe the sleep out of my eyes
The shavin' razor's cold, and it stings

Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean
To a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

You once thought of me as a white knight on his steed
Now you know how happy I can be
Oh, and our good times start and end without dollar one to spend
But how much baby do we really need?

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-03-2011 at 06:08 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #2  
Happy September

ANNIE....YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDS WONDERFUL TO ME!!
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE BROTHERS AND DINNERS ETC.
WILL BE NICE TO SEE OLD FRIENDS TOO.
I READ YOUR POST AND HERE IS YOUR NEW THREAD

NOW I HOPE EVEYONE ELSE FINDS IT.
COULDN'T THINK OF ANOTHER TITLE.
HOPE THIS ONE IS OK!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-03-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I thought of this yesterday and then forgot. Work got to be a big blur. Going back today to see what I didn't do yesterday. Lots no doubt.

Thanks Mel. Things will calm down for me next week and I hope to get back to posting regularly. Meantime take care of each other and go out there and smile at someone. Makes the *******s wonder what you have been up to!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #4  
Happy September

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!!!
HOPE EACH OF YOU ARE HAVING A BLISSFUL WEEKEND.

WOKE AROUND 5:30 AND JUST COULDN'T GO BACK TO SLEEP.
I THOUGHT I HEARD A NOISE IN THE BLDG SOMEWHERE BUT NOT SURE.
BEST TO JUST GET UP AND WATCH SUNDAY MORNING CARTOONS!
NOW I NEED SOME FARINA & APPLESAUCE. FEELING MORE LIKE THE GERBER BABY OF THE MONTH WITH EACH PASSING DAY
HAVE A GOOD ONE AND BE HAPPY

SHAD....GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND I CAN FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR LACK OF POSTING. I AM EVEN SURPRISED THAT YOU HAVE POSTED AT ALL WITH YOUR SCHEDULE, TRAVELING AND ALL THE WOES OF FINISHING UP THIS JOB WITHOUT A LOT OF "JOB SUPPORT". WE WILL BE HERE AND TAKING CARE OF ONE ANOTHER TILL YOU CAN RELAX, RELATE & RELEASE!! BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER TAKEN SUCH GOOD CARE OF MYSELF EVEN WITH THE FEW FLUBS THAT I'VE MADE

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-03-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #5  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LARUA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY ON TUESDAY!!!

I THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS EARLY BECAUSE IT'S BEEN A BIT HECTIC HERE WITH REPAIRS AND SUCH AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS LAURA'S BIRTHDAY ON THE 5TH!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-03-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Are you talking to yourself today? Thanks for setting up the new thread.

Laura
Happy Birthday.

Shad
Hope things slow down for awhile. You have surely earned your pay on this job.

Annie
I'm sure you will find something to do on these day's off from work. I was that your brother took you out for lunch. The band sounds like a good thing for the 4th of July events.

I've had a good week end. My cousin's son had his 16th birthday on the 30th of June. He got an awesome present from his parents, a plane ride over Jonesboro and Paragould. His little sister and I were out on the deck watching for him and she spotted a plane. I honestly thought it would be lower but it was actually the plane he was in. The plane was out of view so she and I went out front to get in my things. He said he saw someone on the drive way at about the time we went outside. His menu was pizza so that was an easy chore for his grandmother(my aunt) and myself.

Also got a call from my Missouri sister to ask if they could stop by for a visit on July 13. I'm making plans for us to get together with the uncles that day for lunch. They'll be coming back from a trip to Nashville,Tn and will stay all night at my house on the 12th. My bil is attending a conference.

The only other news is that it is steamy hot.

Now I need to go back to read the other post.

I noticed that the girls down the street haven't left yet.

Goodness it's already 9 p.m. Gotta get ready for bed and work tomorrow. Yep I said work tomorrow. Some one has to be there and it's Monday my scheduled day to work.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-03-2011 at 10:05 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #7  
Happy September

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY CHICKS!

IT'S BEEN A BUSY WEEKEND AND IT FEELS GOOD TO BE UP EARLY AND HEAR THE SILENCE!!! LOTS OF MAINT REPAIRS AND PEOPLE FALLING. ONE WOMAN WAS ON THE FLOOR ALL NIGHT TILL A NEIGHBOR HEARD HER. BUT IN THE END, EVERYONE WAS ALRIGHT.
HOPING FOR ONE QUIET DAY TODAY. I TAPED SOME HERCULE POIROT AND WANT TO WATCH ONE CALLED THE HALLOWEEN PARTY.
I WAS FEELING BETTER THESE LAST 2 DAYS BUT HAD A ROUGH NITE LAST NIGHT. STILL CHASING THAT MIRACLE HEALING
HAVE A SUPER DAY AND SAFE TRAVELS IF GOING SOMEWHERE.

CEEJAY....YES I WAS TALKING TO MYSELF AND I WAS HEARING AN ECHO THESE LAST FEW DAYS SORRY YOU HAVE TO WORK TODAY. GUESS SOMEONE HAS TO MAN THE PUMPS! WHAT A GREAT PRESENT THE COUSIN GOT! BET HE WAS THRILLED. PIZZA? YUM!! HAVE A NICE VISIT WHEN THE SIS & BIL COME. WILL THEY STAY LONG? I WONDER IF THOSE 2 GIRLS DOWN THE STREET CAN EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT INCLUDING LEAVING!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #8  

Mel
I'm beginning to wonder about the girls down the street. They have good intenetions, but they are depending on their brother and his friend. I'm wondering if they will ver leave.
I love Poirot.
Hope things stay quiet for the rest of the day except for the fire works.
Looks like we may get some rain. There is some clouds above us. We need the rain just no more storms please, mother nature.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm Baaaaack! Sorry I've been away...I was so busy with my niece....heading out for our adventures early in the day and getting back exhausted at night. We had a terrific time. The Museum of Science and Industry was phenomenal. And yesterday, we had fun at a pancake breakfast and car show, and then I took my niece on a driving tour of Milwaukee on the way to the airport.

All the walking helped me lose 2.6 lbs this week...and I'm hoping to be more active this week...just not today as my legs and back are pretty sore.

I'm way behind on reading all the posts...but I'll catch up on personals later.

Laura - Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Annie - Are you having a fun vacay so far?

Ceejay - I hope you get the rain you need but without any flooding or damaging winds.

Mel - I hope you get a restful day after your busy weekend.

Shad - Is this week quieting down a bit or still a blur?

I'm going to go rest a bit. Maybe take a muscle relaxer for my back and legs.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Lots of love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 07-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #10  

Hey everyone. Just a quick post. Got what I wanted - a low key, quiet weekend. On the boring side, actually.

Friday don't remember what I did after work. Saturday morning I went to Home Depot and bought 3 shrubs - half price, so that was nice. Sunday morning I planted the shrubs. Today I lazed around and went for a very short bike ride but came back home after maybe a mile because my bike is so uncomfortable - I have a mountain bike and the handlebars are straight and I get a lot of pressure on my arms and hands. So I got in the car and bought a dq cone and went to the bike shop and browsed the bikes. I want a hybrid.

Otherwise, doing a lot of nothing, and laundry too.

Thanks for the early b-day greetings. Nothing planned in the way of celebrations - just work.

Well, that's about it. Enjoy the rest of the 4th!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #11  

Michelle
We did get some much needed rain, so far with out the storms. We have some more to endure during the night but maybe they will not be like the one today. Glad you got to spend some much needed time with your neice.

Laura
Yum on the DQ ice cream cone. I may have to stop and get a dipped cone at MCD's tonight. What is a hybrid bike? My stamina bike has a hard seat on it which makes it very uncomfortable, but it does give me a good work out.

----
Work so far has been good. I've balanced June's paper work and it's ready for the boss in the morning.
Last night after I got home and put a load of towels in the washer then dried the load of towels. I'll fold those tonight and put in a small load of white clothes. Alway's something to do. I need to call my uncle soon, I think I told him the wrong date. I was looking at June's calendar instead of July's to plan for a lunch date with the uncles when my sis comes to visit.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 AM   #12  
Happy September

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!
GLAD YOU GOT YOUR QUIET WEEKEND. GREAT START TO YOUR BIRTHDAY WEEK! HAVE A GOOD ONE

GOOD MORNING CHICK.
ON THE RUN THIS MORNING. I FORGOT JOHN WAS OFF AND NEED TO FILL OUT WORK ORDERS AND MAKE REPORTS. REALLY BUSY WEEKEND BUT HAD PLENTY OF TIME FOR RESTING. HAVE A GREAT WEEK

CEEJAY.....HOPE THE RAINS DIDN'T TURN UGLY DOWN YOUR WAY. THOSE GIRLS NEVER SEEM TO HAVE PLANS THAT GO RIGHT. GUESS THE BROTHER IS THE SAME. KIND OF SAD IN A WAY. STAY DRY!!!I SAID HELLO TO POIROT FOR YOU!! YOU JUST REMINDED ME THAT I AM STILL LOOKING AT JUNE TOO!! TOO FUNNY CAUSE THE MEN'S SCHEDULES FOR MAINTENANCE IS ON THERE! NO WONDER I FORGOT ABOUT JOHN'S VACATION

MICHELLE.....I AM GLAD YOUR VISIT HAD A HAPPY ENDING. A BIG CONGRATS ON LOSING SOME WEIGHT! GOOD FOR YOU
Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #13  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Glad you got the rain but not the storm. We could use some rain here. A hybrid bike is something in between a road bike - very lightweight and sleek, with skinny tires, i.e., built for speed - and a mountain bike, which is meant for off road trails: thick knobby tires for traction, frame has shock absorbers for all the bumps. A hybrid has more upright handlebars for a more comfortable ride - no stress on the arms and back, and has tires best for road riding but can handle the occasional gravel/unpaved stretch of path.

Mel - Do you know who will replace John when he's gone? You'll have to train someone! Hope today's quiet after you get the reports done.

Michelle - Yay for the weight loss! Sounds like you had fun at the MSI.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.

Not much to report. Bf and I went to the village fireworks display last night and that was nice. They didn't cut back like the city of Chicago did...It was rather warm (upper 80's) with no breeze to speak of all day, but very low humidity, so we didn't turn the AC on all day. But it was still 76 degrees at 10:30 pm, so we finally closed everything up and turned on the AC. Will prolly keep it going today and tonight as the same temps are expected again.

Feels like the workweek should be shorter - and by more than just one day! That's because the boss will be leaving the office Thursday to travel and will be out Friday - so I guess it feels like a break for me. Oh well, it's not but it'll be nice and quiet anyway.

Already e-mailed that I'm skipping the movie tonight - didn't care for any of the choices ("Bad Teacher", "Green Lantern" or "Pirates of the Caribbean"). I guess I'll exercise. My left knee is sore - not sure from what, so we'll see if I end up going to a class or just doing a workout in the basement.

I have a doctor's appointment Thursday after work and have no progress to show for the four (?) months since the last appt. Blood pressure is still borderline high and I haven't dropped any weight. At least my elbow is mostly better.

Back to the grind...

Last edited by Laura705; 07-05-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #14  

Mel
So sad that John is leaving, but I understand why with his health. Hope that it doesn't take long for you to filll out the paper work and you can go back upstairs to rest.

Laura
Thanks for the explanation of the hybrid bike. I'd never heard of them.
The fire works sounded like fun. I can see the ones that go way up in the air from my kitchen window. That's the ones I enjoy the most.

----
It's cloudy again outside. It's so humid.
Last night after I got home I washed a small load of white clothes and then unloaded the dishwasher. I had over 10,000 steps so I didn't exercise. I'm making myself go to the gym tonight to do the weight machines.
The main boss called me this morning to tell me we have a meeting in the morning. I was curious so I asked my boss/friend. He said it was to get every one on the same page. I'm not sure what this means but guess I will in the morning. My mind is going nuts trying to figure this one out. I thought we were getting along okay. Maybe not.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Just a quick post as I'm spending my last day off of the weekend doing website work and I hope to catch a ball Zumba class later. I was going to do some yard work, but its so hot and muggy.

Ceejay - good for you for getting all those steps in and going to the gym to do the weight machines.

Laura - I hope the knee pain eases up so you can work out. Glad you enjoyed your fireworks. DH and DMIL weren't feeling well so we skipped them this year. And I was pretty exhausted after my niece's visit so I didn't mind a quiet night at home.

Well, back to work for an hour or so...then change clothes for ball Zumba.

A big to all.

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote